Powers & Abilities
As a conduit of power from the indigo range of the emotional spectrum, the Indigo Power Staffs have a number of abilities akin to those of other Lantern Rings.
- Animation: An Indigo Lantern can will objects to move how he or she wants.
- Artificial Intelligence: The ring acts as an "on-board computer," telling the wearer what they need to know. It can either respond out loud, or silently directly to the wearer's mind. The ring also translates nearly every language to and from the wearer, which is why the Corps can communicate with each other.
- Burglar Alarm: A Lantern can coat anything with the rings beam and thus, if anyone other than himself touches it, his/her ring will glow, alerting him to the possible theft.
- Communicator: The rings can act as a personal communicator between Lanterns. They have also been seen connected to telephones.
- Costumes: The wearer of the ring may create any costume they choose, based on their personal preferences, whenever they choose. The ring projects the costume over any clothes already worn at the time.
- Energy Projections: The rings can also project beams, form protective bubbles and force fields, and fire destructive blasts. Sometimes, depending on the wearer, the beams and blasts make sounds.
- Energy Constructs: The rings can construct anything the wearer can imagine from hard-light energy, as long as they are willing to make it. The more determined the wearer is, the more complex and intricate these things can be. The constructs can even be so complex as to form working machines, computers, and even people.
- Flight: The rings allows the wearer to fly in atmosphere or in space, and can achieve incredible speeds, moving from planet to planet in a matter of hours.
- Invisibility: The rings can make the wearer or anything else invisible.
- Matter Manipulation: A Lantern can use their ring to manipulate nearby matter, such as water, for various purposes such as a construct that acts like an energy construct but can block something yellow and may serve a purpose that an energy construct couldn't perform.
- Mind Control: The wearer of the ring can use it to plant post hypnotic commands or control a person.
- Mirages: The rings can create mirages/illusions.
- Phasing: The rings allows the user to go through walls.
- Probing: The rings can probe the Lantern's or another person's mind, allowing him to uncover memories or the person's thoughts.
- Ring Duplication: Each ring can duplicate itself, creating a second ring which may be given to another as a backup, for protection, or to help the lantern in times of great need. This duplicate ring is exactly like a normal ring but will last only twenty-four (24) hours.
- Temperature Control: The rings can increase or decrease the temperature of anything, even something as large as stars, or even create bubbles of intense heat or cold, even down to Absolute Zero.
- Transforming: The rings can transform anyone or anything, be it into an animal, altering their state of appearance, or their size
Unique Powers & Abilities
The full extent or the amount of powers of the Indigo Tribe's power staff is currently unknown. As stated in The Atom and Hawkman #46, the Indigo Tribe's staff allows its user to teleport to those who need aid, heal people, and manipulate the other colors of the emotional spectrum when in the vicinity of other lanterns. It can also use this function to combine with the green light of will and destroy black lanterns, but only from a close discharge.
As shown in Green Lantern #58, the indigo light also can be used to force people to feel compassion for their actions whether they are capable of feeling compassion or not.
It would appear that the staff also grants its user the ability to communicate with the Indigo Tribe's unique language as Ray Palmer is shown talking in it to Indigo after he's made a deputy lantern.