After Fear Itself, the Hulk has gone into hiding, seemingly safe from a world that hates and fears him. But when [redacted] come knocking, the Hulk has no choice but to return to war against the one man whose existence threatens the safety of everyone on Earth...[redacted].
Some Issue Highlights:
- Hulk is in hiding from the rest of the world, hanging out in Subterranea with his new friends (Moloids).
- He spends his day fighting large subterranean creatures, thus "bringing home the bacon".
- Hulk Smiles.
- Hulk and friends are disturbed during dinner by Amanda Von Doom (and her Mad Squad).
- Hulk Smash.
- Amanda has some disturbing news about someone previously close to Hulk.
- A mad scientist ( Banner) is busy attempting to recreate the Hulk on his very own "Island of Doctor Banner".
- This mad scientist has a very scary and powerful set of subjects, willing to do anything for him.
- This mad scientist is enough to get Hulk into next issue's mess:
EXTRA!!: There is a five page excerpt for:
- "A Smash Course in Hulk"
- "Ripping the Hulk Asunder"
- "Mapping Out Hulk of Arabia"
- "MORE HULK!"
- The Neal Adams Variant cover is a homage of the cover of Superman #233.