Follow

Publisher »

Image Comics was founded in 1992 by a group of high-profile comic book writers and artists, as a way to publish stories owned by creators rather than the company itself. They are now one of the largest comic book publishers in the United States.

What's the best Image has to offer?

Brad387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So far, as still a relative newbie to comics, Image has delivered my two favourite series: Robert Kirkman's Invincible and Jimmie Robinson's Five Weapons. I've also enjoyed reading the other superheroes within the Invincible universe, such as The Astounding Wolf-Man and Tech Jacket. Besides Savage Dragon, which I intend to move onto later as there are simply so many issues, what else should I be reading? What's some of the best Image has to offer? If there are any series similar to the ones I have listed, then please do tell also.

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mogo1

All I read from them is Invincible and Walking dead. I collect all tpb invincibles and I read all the walking dead up to current tv show arc

Invincible Still Standing is still one of my favorite collections

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manifest Destiny is really good, it's an alternate telling of the Lewis and Clark expedition, full of monsters and strange creatures. I've been really enjoying it

nobodyisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Chew!

Smoking_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You may enjoy Sidekick, a story of how a super hero sidekick has to deal with the death of his partner. I have really been enjoying Birthright, a bit more sci-fi than you have otherwise listed but a great story none the less. C.O.W.L. is currently one of my favorite series, it is about the first superhero union set in 1960's Chicago. Image has a bunch of books that are like cop shows, though usually with a bit of a twist, such as The Fuse and Copperhead. I have both on my pull list. I have several more books from Image on my pull list, but these are the ones that I think you would be most interested in based upon the books you are already reading from them.

Smoking_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Smoking_Gun

I almost forgot about Saga. Don't know how, but almost did it. Saga is a series that seems to enthrall just about every reader, regardless of the genre they usually read.

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@roaris87 said:

Manifest Destiny is really good, it's an alternate telling of the Lewis and Clark expedition, full of monsters and strange creatures. I've been really enjoying it

qft, Manifest Destiny is one of my favorite titles.

Not sure how often Image threads are checked, but I'll give this a bump and recommend Saga, Sex, any Remender series, Chew, Elephantmen, East of West, Revival, Birthright, any Kurtis J Wiebe series, and any Jim Zub series.

Also, there's a plethora of new alt-sci-fi titles like Copperhead, Roche Limit, Descender, Southern Cross, Invisible Republic, and Drifter that are ripe for jumping on.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By skyroid

Invincible, the walking dead, saga,chew,

These are must read

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Copperhead, Descender, East of West, Lazarus, Rat Queens, Saga, Southern Bastards

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Chew. Saga. Velvet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today's issue of Southern Bastards was amazing.

Avatar image for mollydanger2210
    MollyDanger2210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ongoing:

• CHEW
    • Saga
    • Morning Glories
    • Stray Bullets/Killers/Sunshine & Roses
    • Southern Bastards
    • Elephantmen
    • Manifest Destiny
    • Invincible
    • The Legacy of Luther Strode
    • Rumble
    • Pretty Deadly

Cancelled/Hiatus:

• Think Tank
    • Great Pacific

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.