Follow

Iceman

Character » Iceman appears in 8022 issues.

The youngest member of the original X-Men. Bobby is an Omega-level mutant, although it took some help from Emma Frost to realize this. Bobby's control of ice is vast; he can create shields, clones, spikes, slides and also freeze others. He was recently elected to Krakoa's X-Men

Iceman Cometh

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Iceman is an omega level mutant who should be on the same power level with Magneto or close to Thor. As an almost pure elemental force, he should be present a challenge to Phoenix up to a point.

When Emma Frost possessed him, it was demonstrated that he could liquefy himself to slide beneath doors or seap through isolated/enclosed spaces, merge/emerge at different points of bodies of water(maybe even any point in any body of water anywhere), survive the destruction of his elemental body, and other uncatalogued feats.

He doesn't need to Phoenix out, but he should be recognized and seen as a formidable ally/threat in action.

Writers seem to forget to explore all the characters' powers, not just Cyclops/Wolverine/Jean.

Iceman should be so much more.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Check out the new Astonishing X-Men arc. #62,63,64,65 and I think 66. Iceman gets infected with a Seed of Apocalypse and goes full Omega rage face. Unfortunetly I think him and Kitty are finished at the end of this.... Which I LOVED BobKat

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will check that out. The problem is that one story may explore it, then the character is relegated back to default with no growth or respect of power evolution.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Veitha

@dman1366: could you post some scans, please? For the battle board hahaha

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Will check that out. The problem is that one story may explore it, then the character is relegated back to default with no growth or respect of power evolution.

that seems to be true of a lot of characters, really. I think in Iceman's case it can at least be explained by his personality. I mean, I think you're right in so far as he is powerful enough to not need to use the full spectrum of his powers all the time. This affords him the luxury of not having to stretch himself out to his full potential if he doesn't need to, which, really, just seems to suit (and in some ways explain) his laid back attitude about things.

That said, I think Iceman has been used more creatively in the last year or so, most notably in Astonishing X-men and somewhat in Wolverine and the X-men, but it does simply just feel more in-character for him to be the kind of goofy guy who occasionally surprises you than the team powerhouse that everyone knows he's capable of being.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bigtewell

@oldnightcrawler: i thought they said before that he holds himself back because hes afraid of his power and he doesnt want to loose control. thats why he kept trying to get people to train him.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@oldnightcrawler: i thought they said before that he holds himself back because hes afraid of his power and he doesnt want to loose control. thats why he kept trying to get people to train him.

And given that he's seen that happen to so many of his teammates, it makes sense that he would hang on to his humanity as much as possible. He's basically immortal, and doesn't really need to exist as a human at all, so I could see why he would cling to his humanity so.

It sort of reminds me of characters like Mercury or Rockslide, who actually act the most like normal human kids out of any of their peers, basically because it's all they've got left that makes them human at all.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigtewell: well, he is also scared because he has, and is, lost, or losing, control of his powers. Remember when Loki pwned him, and he had to wear a restriction belt so he didn't kill everyone.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dman1366

@veitha: Im working atm, not very hard mind you, but what scans do you want? The new Astonishing run? If you want some other good ones, looks at AvX vs #6, where Bobby fights Iron Fist. Or any Fight scenes with Bobby in WatX. He is an immortal, so any fight is kind of moot.

Oh and another good one is his appearance in Age of Apocalypse where he could teleport.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: I dont remember that what Issues is it in ? ive kinda been skipping around with xmen since onslaught where as before i read like everything xmen related since the start.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: good point i mean hes been there since the beginning and has seen everyone at their worst. i honestly think he would make a great story if he kinda did lose control or even joined cyclops and everyone had to stop him

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366 said:

@veitha: Im working atm, not very hard mind you, but what scans do you want? The new Astonishing run? If you want some other good ones, looks at AvX vs #6, where Bobby fights Iron Fist. Or any Fight scenes with Bobby in WatX. He is an immortal, so any fight is kind of moot.

Oh and another good one is his appearance in Age of Apocalypse where he could teleport.

I wanted his Astonishing feats, coz I've already got the others. Thanks a lot (obviously if you want, you can send me the scans when you're free) :)

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone please update his page? I havent been able to read comics lately and his page is outdated to when the school first reopened under Wolverine

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He showed immense power in AVX. He took down Thing, Iron Fist and Red Hulk all by himself.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

The name is Man, Snow Man.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knighthood: @oscars94: thanks guys.

@knighthood: can you post some scans of Mystique in Astonishing X-Men, please? I read some previews and she was having some fights and I need them for the battle forum. Only if it doesn't bother you, obviously :)

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dman1366: Honestly, i think their relationship will not end so abruptly, i mean in wolverine and the x-men, they look happy as hell together. Look at this image, i don't know what issue this is from, but i think it's a preview on cbr: X-position with Jason Aaron.

No Caption Provided

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dman1366

@baberaham_lincoln: this is from WatX 32 I believe. And I guess so, does that mean that the x-verse is not effected by what is happening in Astonishing?

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dman1366: I don't know to be honest. Astonishing seems to be doing its own stuff every issue and it's weird =/.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scans of thor vs iceman from astonishing x-men please.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DEGRAAF

scans of thor vs iceman from astonishing x-men please.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.