Follow

Iceman

Character » Iceman appears in 8022 issues.

The youngest member of the original X-Men. Bobby is an Omega-level mutant, although it took some help from Emma Frost to realize this. Bobby's control of ice is vast; he can create shields, clones, spikes, slides and also freeze others. He was recently elected to Krakoa's X-Men

How does his powers work?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

Alright Originally Iceman could create and manipulate Ice. Later on he could control all forms of water could even turn into and survive as any form of water. Well I just read that he could control tempratures? Can he only make it colder or can he make it hotter too? What exactly can he do?

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

As I understand it, he only lowers temperature. The only reason he has been water vapour (that I have seen) is because someone else evaporated him.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Phorqe

He can't generate heat, but he can lower temps at his desire now.

Avatar image for phantom_assassin
    Phantom Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Phantom Assassin

spit fire says:

"He can control tempters between +5- - 100,000 degrees Celsius & water vapor in the air. This lets him create & control ice. "

Hunm I don't think so, the lowest temperature that something can get is -273Cº = 0K (zero Kelvin). ;}

iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By iwan

Phantom Assassin says:

"spit fire says:
    "He can control tempters between +5- - 100,000 degrees Celsius & water vapor in the air. This lets him create & control ice. "
    Hunm I don't think so, the lowest temperature that something can get is -273Cº = 0K (zero Kelvin). ;}"

First intelligent post in a long time, and it was 82 days late lol.

iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By iwan

Phantom Assassin says:

"spit fire says:
    Hunm I don't think so, the lowest temperature that something can get is -273Cº = 0K (zero Kelvin). ;}"

First intelligent post in a long time, and it was 82 days late lol.

golvellius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By golvellius

At first he was able to freeze the humidity in the air around him, (however that works).  But Mikhail Rasputin, Colosus brother, transmuted him from ice coated to compleat Ice, then to liquid; and Bobby adquired the ability tu turn to Ice compleatly, and to liquify himself and alter his shape.  So I guess he is no longer a Mutant but something else eventhough this hasn't been addressed by any writer.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @golvellius:
    what is Colossus's brothers ability? So now Bobby is a mutant the above mutant special abilities? 

What about Emma being able to fully manipulate and use Bobby's abilities at will?
    ubungqingili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iceman has the ability to become ice water and vapor and he can make it aswell which was apart of his secondary mutation.

ubungqingili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first he was able to freeze the humidity in the air around him, (however that works). But Mikhail Rasputin, Colosus brother, transmuted him from ice coated to compleat Ice, then to liquid; and Bobby adquired the ability tu turn to Ice compleatly, and to liquify himself and alter his shape. So I guess he is no longer a Mutant but something else eventhough this hasn't been addressed by any writer.

he still a mutant ,also when iceman recently lost control they said no one understands how his powers work this was when he was affecting the weather as said by storm kitty said his powers dont work like that and then they said no one knows how his powers work anymore.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ubungqingili: You bumped a 6 year old thread to address a 3 year old comment ?

ubungqingili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ubungqingili
    ubungqingili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure he has cosmic ice powers.

Kawakiwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kawakiwins

I'm Iceman powers are always changing cause of his omega level status.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.