Follow

Iceman

Character » Iceman appears in 8022 issues.

The youngest member of the original X-Men. Bobby is an Omega-level mutant, although it took some help from Emma Frost to realize this. Bobby's control of ice is vast; he can create shields, clones, spikes, slides and also freeze others. He was recently elected to Krakoa's X-Men

Can Iceman do something heroic - Like, die?

Avatar image for the_amazing_spider_man
    The_Amazing_Spider_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, so Iceman has basically been featured in X-Men comics, pretty much saying "Imma just sit here and be cool"- Well, maybe it's time writers gave him a storyline that can lead to something heroic... Possibly die to catch everyone's attention. Iceman is pretty popular despite being ignored by writers, so if they gave him a good and PROPER storyline, then maybe people will either forgive the writers and the character, or completely hate them both - I was actually thinking that issue 9 that features Spider-Man apparently do something heroic, should be Iceman...

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheAnnihilator

Iceman doesn't need to die. He's really lazy, that's why he doesn't do a lot really heroic things, but he can if he's inspired. He doesn't need to die though, it won't matter and he'll be back.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes it's hard to distinguish him from the students at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning. Metaphorically and literally speaking, he doesn't seem to have aged since his induction.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Kallarkz

Iceman after Schism has been pretty epic.

Since when does the death of a character get peoples attention?

Thor died a few months back and is back now...guaranteed over 85% of the forum didn't even know.

Because guess what? He's back now.

I know what you mean though that they need to give him a story line in which he can shine. Pick up WAXM because he is doing a great job there and is not simply sitting around.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kallarkz

@royale_with_cheese said:

Sometimes it's hard to distinguish him from the students at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning. Metaphorically and literally speaking, he doesn't seem to have aged since his induction.

What behavior from Iceman have you seen during the WAXM that demonstrates a high level of immaturity? Exactly.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz said:

What behavior from Iceman have you seen during the WAXM that demonstrates a high level of immaturity? Exactly.

The fact that in the majority of his appearances within the past 2 years he always seems conceded and naive.

No Caption Provided
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kallarkz

@Kallarkz said:

The fact that in the majority of his appearances within the past 2 years he always seems conceded and naive.

No Caption Provided

Well you are mentioning a school that just got set up within the last year that he has been at since its creation

So its been kind of hard to see the school and not him.

Yet when you read how he is written now it still hard for you to differentiate the two?

(If you are going to use those fancy pictures please at least use the right words)

the word is conceited.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Kallarkz said:

Thor died a few months back and is back now...guaranteed over 85% of the forum didn't even know.

I know what you mean though that they need to give him a story line in which he can shine. Pick up WAXM because he is doing a great job there and is not simply sitting around.

Pretty much this.

I was hoping his addition to the Astonishing roster would see him get some focus in that book, but looks like that isn't happening. I'm not the type to complain about Wolverine's massive presence, but he really has no reason for being there.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

why does he need to die to get attention? why can't he just have a big role in something?

he's been awesome in WatX...he's finally started realizing the true potential of his powers and it has been awesome to see

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kallarkz

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Kallarkz said:

Pretty much this.

I was hoping his addition to the Astonishing roster would see him get some focus in that book, but looks like that isn't happening. I'm not the type to complain about Wolverine's massive presence, but he really has no reason for being there.

Even with Wolverine being one of my preferred mutants I was disappointed at seeing him added to this title.

There are so many other characters that would have made a great addition to the team.

They need to start establishing more mutants with a leadership role.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Kallarkz: Maybe they'll have him leave soon. I hope they have him leave soon. I guess his presence is kind of necessary for Warbird. Actually no, Iceman could have explained her to everyone.

Maybe they were just having Wolverine setup the team and then leave. I hope that's what's happening. There's a few people on the team who have a fair shot of leading it.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @TheAnnihilator said:

@Kallarkz said:

Pretty much this.

I love Wolverine, but I also agree that Wolverine shouldn't need to be in that series. There are so many other characters out there that could had a chance to lead the team.
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz said:

@Kallarkz said:

No Caption Provided

Well you are mentioning a school that just got set up within the last year that he has been at since its creation

So its been kind of hard to see the school and not him.

Yet when you read how he is written now it still hard for you to differentiate the two?

(If you are going to use those fancy pictures please at least use the right words)

the word is conceited.

Iceman has yet to be shown to make any serious decisions regarding his identity as a mutant (throughout his career that is). When you compare him to the the other original five members of the X-men, tell me, how exactly has he his character developed? Unless Aaron decides to make some major changes to his character, he'll always be a tag-along type character.

And no...I did not use the wrong word. It's "conceded" not conceited......fail.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Rabbitearsblog: Yeah, I think a few people on the team have potential to lead as well. It wouldn't be a big deal if he left, it'd just be like he brought the team together. He's in plenty of other places.

The artist also draws him ridiculously and that bugs me.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@royale_with_cheese: Actually, conceded is to submit or allow someone to do something. Conceited is being full of yourself.

So yeah, "fail."

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Romulus9000

@The_Amazing_Spider_Man: Right now theoretically Bobby is Immortal. He is made of solid ice which means he can replentish aging or damaged cells with the water molecules around him. So he can never age and he cant be harmed.

Be patient. Iceman is my FAVORITE marvel character and always has been. They are FINALLY writing him the right way. I love Jason Aarons run on WATX.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAnnihilator said:

@royale_with_cheese: Actually, conceded is to submit or allow someone to do something. Conceited is being full of yourself.

So yeah, "fail."

And why would I use the word concieded to describe Iceman? He's almost the exact opposite of that.

Conceded: Admit that something is true or valid after first denying or resisting it.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Kallarkz said:

@royale_with_cheese: Well considering conceded isn't even an adjective.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Kallarkz said:

@royale_with_cheese: Well considering conceded isn't even an adjective.

.......Touche. I concede defeat in this battle of semantics. Wrong word. Wrong context. Replace "conceded" with uncertain. Nonetheless my point still stands.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@royale_with_cheese: There you go.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @TheAnnihilator said:

@Rabbitearsblog: Yeah, I think a few people on the team have potential to lead as well. It wouldn't be a big deal if he left, it'd just be like he brought the team together. He's in plenty of other places.

The artist also draws him ridiculously and that bugs me.

I agree. I mean, Joss Whedon's original run on "Astonishing X-Men" did pretty good when it wasn't completely focused on Wolverine (although I would say it did well because Joss Whedon is so well known and his writing on Astonishing X-Men was brilliant).
    Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Romulus9000

That whole interaction was hilarious

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAnnihilator:

No Caption Provided
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kallarkz

www.dictionary.com

Back to the topic.

Having them finally put Iceman in a proper light is one of the reasons why i'll stick with this book. Seeing him use his powers in more interesting way and take on more responsibilities as a professor and mentor instead of them drawing him as the younger X-man has been great.

I especially enjoyed the issue of X-men Legacy when he told Rogue that he was leaving with Rachel to join Cyclops. Showed real growth in his character.

Rock on Aaron.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killing off a character is not the solution when writers just never develop a character. The lack of progression in Iceman considering how long he has been around is pathetic but killing him off really does not improve anything.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Brazen_Intellect said:

Killing off a character is not the solution when writers just never develop a character. The lack of progression in Iceman considering how long he has been around is pathetic but killing him off really does not improve anything.

I agree. Iceman just came back into the X-Men universe, so killing him off right now would make his appearance so irrelevant since he's still developing his powers.
    TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Kallarkz said:

www.dictionary.com

Back to the topic.

Having them finally put Iceman in a proper light is one of the reasons why i'll stick with this book. Seeing him use his powers in more interesting way and take on more responsibilities as a professor and mentor instead of them drawing him as the younger X-man has been great.

I especially enjoyed the issue of X-men Legacy when he told Rogue that he was leaving with Rachel to join Cyclops. Showed real growth in his character.

Rock on Aaron.

Hell yeah.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz said:

www.dictionary.com

Back to the topic.

Rock on Aaron.

I don't think that was called for. Especially since I openly admitted that I was wrong. Not cool.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kallarkz

@Kallarkz said:

@royale_with_cheesewww.dictionary.com

Back to the topic.

Rock on Aaron.

I don't think that was called for. Especially since I openly admitted that I was wrong. Not cool.

Maybe next time before you post those pictures and are so quick to write "fail" in your posts you will think twice. 
    Then again...probably not. 
    @Rabbitearsblog said:
    @Brazen_Intellect said:

I agree. Iceman just came back into the X-Men universe, so killing him off right now would make his appearance so irrelevant since he's still developing his powers.
    I agree. Killing him now I believe would really only diminish his character. 
    They need to keep building up his sense of responsibility at the Jean Grey School.  I really enjoyed the dialog between Iceman and Wolverine as to why Wolverine wanted him there.
    Avatar image for the_amazing_spider_man
    The_Amazing_Spider_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the problem with Iceman is that I don't think he can really die - Not just because he can rebuild himself, but it's just that he's actually more iconic than you think - he was a founding member of the X-Men, and his name, appearance and personality has caught so many peoples attention that the writers think that they've done all they can with him - But like most of you mentioned, he is being brought back into the universe and I didn't even know... I need to start reading X-Men again, I'm too focused on the main crossover events...

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Remi

He should join the Blue Man group.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By TDK_1997

Marvel shouldn't kill off one of the coolest mutant characters.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz said:

@Kallarkz said:

@royale_with_cheesewww.dictionary.com

Back to the topic.

Rock on Aaron.

Maybe next time before you post those pictures and are so quick to write "fail" in your posts you will think twice.
    Then again...probably not.

Maybe next time, before you decide to respond to a post of mine (or any other user for that matter), you'll think twice about marginalizing other people's opinions because they're not identical to yours. Then again.....it's you.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By John Valentine

Why don't you actually read something with him in it?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DEGRAAF

yea i have actually really enjoyed Iceman since Schism. I still dont think he has been getting enough panel time but its way better then before. Also he is shown using his powers in many different ways compared to just flying around on ice. I especially liked him trying to talk the Thing in to not fighting and then freezing him so they wouldn't have to fight anymore. Lately they have showing him with many similarities (imo) to Piotr. That could be bc they are setting him and Kitty up for liking each other which again IMO would be a good thing. I would like to see them dating. Bobby and Piotr are both good guys. Piotr has been given a bad hand lately but it does make his character more interesting. I also think if Bobby dated Kitty he would have to mature a little bit which would be good for his character as well.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By John Valentine

How about you do something heroic and not make threads?

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#37  Edited By x_29

Do you mean this Iceman?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.