Follow

Human Torch

Character » Human Torch appears in 6875 issues.

The second most powerful member of the Fantastic Four and the younger brother of Sue Richards. Due to an accident caused by cosmic radiation in space, he can manipulate fire, turn his entire body into it and fly. While Johnny is known for his impetuous and sometimes reckless nature, he is also a loyal friend and fearless hero.

The Human Torch character: no respect!

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've noticed in versus threads and other threads that Johnny Storm isn't respected despite his power set. He commands the most powerful element in the world: FIRE. Think about this. Have you ever been around uncontrolled fire? If you answered 'no' it's because you can't. Even if you're The Thing, ok maybe the fire will not hurt him initially but given long exposure and a tactical use of fire, fire can affect your environment, burn your clothes off, cinch your eyeballs, make your oxigen unbearable, make you desperate and panicky, overheat the engine of a spaceship, burn the tires off of any military vehicle. It melts steel. In fact it's fire that is used to shape Adamantium. And that whole: I'll clap my hands and turn your fire off (as Hulk has done, and other characters too), is very lame. Then there's the 'going nova' effect. This should be the equivalent of Johnny going nuclear! Yet even that is downplayed in vs threads. I think THT should be used in more creative ways and should be respected as a powerhouse.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't noticed any disrespect for HT. Occasionally he's put in battles way over his head (mismatch) but that takes nothing away from him as a character.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't noticed any disrespect for HT. Occasionally he's put in battles way over his head (mismatch) but that takes nothing away from him as a character.

@deranged_midget

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yea?

HT vs Hulk

HT vs Batman

HT vs wolverine

HT vs Magneto

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
    Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: get over it...go complain on some other forum or somewhere else, this is the battles forum and this thread is not a battle.

@citizenbane

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Moonman78

What Johnny does is better than controlling fire, he has all the principals of solar radiation

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SirNickTheEpic

he can also dehydrate and boil your blood, control heat as well. there's so much more to him than fire

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.