Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Would Hulk harm Bruce?

Avatar image for deadpool_the_merc_with_a_mouth
    Deadpool_The_Merc_With_A_Mouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I've been wondering this.

Would he?

I mean, if Hulk would seperate from Bruce would he kill Bruce or something?

I have this question because Bruce has tried to get rid of Hulk but Hulk never let Bruce succed.

Take this for example:

At the end of the video, Bruce transforms into Hulk without even getting mad, this tells me that Hulk is aware of what Bruce does and Hulk even destroyed the pistol.

Bruce can rarely control Hulk so this tells me that Hulk is self-minded.

Can anyone tell me if Hulk would harm Bruce?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 thedailybagel  Moderator

Depends on the writer. Aarrons hulk technically killed bruce, but paks one was more of a friend to him.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the circumstances and yea there are some Hulk incarnations that want to kill Banner and some that just don't care who they kill. Still through out most of history Hulk has hated puny Banner.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Depends on the writer. Aarrons hulk technically killed bruce, but paks one was more of a friend to him.

I think Pak Hulk was more of a mutual respect thing. In Planet Hulk, he showed a great deal of mistrust and anger toward him.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thedailybagel  Moderator

@waezi2: to be fair their relationship improved after planet hulk. But yeah, I think your right with the mutual respect thing.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@waezi2: to be fair their relationship improved after planet hulk. But yeah, I think your right with the mutual respect thing.

Why did it improve? I haven't read all of Pak's Hulk stuff yet.

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jenkins Hulk shwoed us that the Hulk existed in Banner's mind years before the Gamma Bomb accident when Bruce was in college/university...David's Hulk was a completely different being than Banner like 2 people sharing the same body or something(especially at Mr.Fixit period)For me I would say that Hulk/Banner are the different sides of the same coin and there's no chance for one of them to live without the other(Maybe in Hulk:The End that's what happened but remember also Byrne's run on Hulk)As everyone mentioned also depends on the writer...

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@waezi2: I haven't read his run in a while, but they basically helped each other quite allot and didn't mind working together (although sometimes hulk got grumpy about it). It was mainly because they both wanted to look out for their family IIRC. Not to mention that neither wished to get rid of the other when they had the chance. (Even though it wouldn't have done anything anyway).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.