Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7768 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Will Maestro be Marvel next flagship villain

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will Maestro be Marvel next flagship villain (27 votes)

Yes 56%
    No 41%

As a bonus question, do you guys think Maestro could actually be the one who created this new event with your thoughts on how he would have done it if it is indeed him. Example, having absorbed the beyonder's power like Doom did in the past.

My opinion: Since some directors at marvel introduced Maestro recently as one who could defeat Thanos for the game contest of champions and seeing on panel once again the famous treasure room of defeated/killed MUs super heroes and covers of Maestro standing over corpses or relics of powerful heroes, I think we might have a ourselves a new super villain in the MU. Really looking forward to this new event or "reboot" (if they stick to it) in the MU.

• 
    bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I truly hope so but i have my doubts with it comes to Marvel lately.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

probably

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope not because Hulk the villain is kind of lame.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thedailybagel  Moderator

No.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By GreenScar1990

Yes, Maestro should be the next high-end villain.

It's about time someone knock Thanos & Doom off their throne. We need some more powerful, dangerous villains who can do that to the likes of Doom & Thanos. And I certainly can see Maestro being more than capable of taking them down. After all, Dr. Doom, Thor, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Black Bolt, and countless other heroes & villains were slaughtered and defeated by the Maestro, as shown in his trophy room. It would be awesome if Marvel intends to utilize the power and potential of the Maestro.

Besides, for those who want to complain about Hulk being a villain, the writer could simply use an alternate universe/reality version.

I mean, who is to say Hulk will be a malevolent Maestro in the far future?

What if instead the 616-Universe Hulk becomes a benevolent Leader of an alien empire?

I could have seen that happening if Hulk were to have stayed on Sakaar with Caiera and if not for the explosion that nearly destroyed the planet & killed Caiera in the process. And technically speaking, it could still happen if one were to create a great enough saga in which Caiera is resurrected and Hulk reigns over a vast alien empire instead of returning to earth. Then, through many decades/centuries he eventually unites all the alien empires under one rule. A benevolent reign that Hulk and Caiera reside over.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cool thing is that in contest of champions, Maestro seems to be using multiple relics from Marvel heroes like cap's shield and other interesting stuff. Would be nice to see maestro defeat heroes after heroes and using their own weapon agaisn't others.

One more thing for those who said Yes or No without much explanations, it would be fun to have your thoughts on your answers.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is "Maestro" Hulk just a futuristic version of Hulk? I understand a story where in the future he kills several super-powerful people. How does he pull that off? I'm unfamiliar with the concept of "Maestro" honestly.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Schwarz

The maestro is a version of Hulk that does not hold back at all. All of hulk's incarnations are always held back a little with morality even World War Hulk did not want to kill anybody and we saw how strong he could be even defeating Sentry. Hulk never intended to kill anyone really. But Maestro on the other hand is not held back, he is pure evil and insanity, After centuries of absorbing radiations. How he killed all the other marvel heroes is not mentionned all we know is that he defeated them as it is said and said recently again in spider-man 2099. Speaking of that spider-man 2099 Maestro snaps the neck of 2 guys without laughing or without any emotions. We are slowly discovering that Banner/Hulk has always been scared of becoming Maestro, giving in to the rage. Yes I know Hulk has always been a raging beast but Maestro is really the end of the spectrum of power. In the last issue of Hulk #16 Doc Green has a vision of him becoming Maestro and he's scared of becoming that version of Hulk. See it as an angry Hulk with no morals at all. Instead of all the current angry Hulks this one actually enjoys killing people. And he seems to enjoy collecting the relics of the killed heroes.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: Supposedly in one of the futures there is a nuclear war on Earth that kills most of the population and many heroes and villains. Those that survive(which is most of them since nukes are not that big of a threat to most superheroes) get killed off by Maestro who has absorbed a ton of the fallout radiation which made him stronger and because he also has Banners intellect and absolutely no morals he brings down everyone that would oppose him. His trophy room is amazing.

No Caption Provided

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel doesn't need villains with the heroes around to go bad, I can't remember the last time a good villain was created and had staying power.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By arthurkerr

Never liked Hulk as a villain , nor do I like how marvel pits hero vs hero that got old so long ago. I am sure they can come up with a villain if they try really hard.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't make Hulk into a villain. Evolve him as a hero, or at least a heroic figure.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He probably will be both since Maestro is a future version of Hulk, and present Hulk will probably fight him.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it, but hope so.

Avatar image for khianrobinson123-456
    khianrobinson123-456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maestro defeated Thanos with the infinity gauntlet. He also defeated Galactus and many other very powerful beings. You know why? Because The Hulk is unbeatable.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..This is Maestro's time....I hope!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a Maestro/Hulk title written by David but I don't want Hulk a villain...He is always an anti-hero(not on his purpose) but NOT a villain....Even as Maestro is a tragic character....

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GreenScar1990
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

All evidence points to the Maestro being the next major villain for the Marvel Universe/Multiverse/Omniverse. And honestly? It's about damn time. I mean, seriously, Thanos and Dr. Doom being the ultimate villains has been done to death. It's just gotten repetitive.

And if the Maestro is to become akin to his mobile game counterpart in the upcoming "Contest of Champions" series, I think all of us are about to be very pleased.

"Have you seen Galactus' face, summoner? I have ripped off his mask myself! I killed the Phoenix Five in one timeline... and the Phoenix Corps in another."

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/140903/4658945-998.png

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I would like it, but I don't think so.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is gonna play a big role, it's obvious they are amping him up to be important but we shall see just how much and what effect he will have on the rest of the Marvel universe.

I mean fight God Doom in Future Imperfect #5

Ruling over the Context of Champions which takes random Marvel heros and villains and pits them against one another is a big deal on itself, but let's see what comes out of it.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Schwarz

By the way for those who don't know, the contest of champion comic book will be canon :)

For those who don't want Hulk to be a villain please do remember, Maestro has been a villain since the begining. There was never a mention that Maestro was a good guy. He's a future version of Hulk gone heartless. There will always be a Hulk and I hope from now on we will also always have a Maestro. The reason I am saying this is because I have seen a lot of people answer that they don't want Hulk to be a villain and I am just clarifying that Maestro and Hulk are 2 different characters even though they are the same. So it takes the Jekyll and Hyde a bit further. Good vs Evil with a time perspective.

So even if Maestro does become one of Marvel's new flagship villain, there will probably be a good guy Hulk around anyways.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Bezza

I am intruiged how the battle with God Doom is gonna go; Doom is one bad ass right now and its issue 5 so not the last one. I think perhaps he retreats from a beating and comes back to take out the God Doom at the end...

But Maestro is suddenly flavour of the month after years away...Great!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: You don't suppose he will gain enough power from the artifacts that he can stand on equal footing with God Emperor Doom? I think it might be very possible. I mean, in the "Contest of Champions" video game/comics, he's got some insane feats/accomplishments. Here's but a few.

"Have you seen Galactus' face, Summoner? I have ripped off his mask myself!"

"I killed the Phoenix Five in one timeline... and the Phoenix Corps in another."

"I have defeated a school of X-Men. A world of Avengers. A galaxy of Guardians."

"Once, I even hunted a Celestial."

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Schwarz

In secret wars, guardians of Knowhere, Doom has killed a celestial easily and people live in its head so if Maestro manages to out smart or defeat Doom, that shows how smart and/or strong maestro is.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Hulk to become Maestro it would be interesting to see a founding Avenger become one of their most powerful villains. Also it wouldn't be hero vs hero it would be hero turned villain vs hero, it was already establish that he is a villain.

malikc6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Hulk story is basically "Hulk Kills the Marvel Universe." Only with the intent to rule the world instead of ending existence.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
    UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hopefully he can replace Thanos as the big baddie of Marvel. The underestimated hero proving to be the greatest villain ever faced.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.