Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Why Was WWH So Powerful?

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Honestly, he fought and destroyed almost everybody, kicked the living crap out of X-23, easily beat teams, etc....

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Aiden Cross

Well, if first you get banished and then get your new planet and wife blown up im guessing you'd be pretty angry as well. In Hulks case, he just gets stronger the angrier he gets.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Final Arrow

Because WWH would have been a shockingly bad story arch if he was a push over!!! well more shockingly bad

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

He was pretty much the ultimate version of Hulk, (not Ultimate comics) He was intelligent, trained in combat, confident etc.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By frozen  Moderator
    @Final Arrow: Whaaat...WWH was great..
    Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Final Arrow

@Frozen: Planet Hulk was good, WWH was poorly written and had lots of plot holes and PIS. But I am not a big Hulk fan and loved planet hulk but hated WWH, it could easily be forgotten about and would have no real effect on current storylines.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By frozen  Moderator
    @Final Arrow said:

@Frozen: Planet Hulk was good, WWH was poorly written and had lots of plot holes and PIS. But I am not a big Hulk fan and loved planet hulk but hated WWH, it could easily be forgotten about and would have no real effect on current storylines.

Yeah he did beat up a-lot of people, but I liked the concept of WWH, and his character has been used in the Battle-Forums a-lot, WWH has really stuck with a-lot of Hulk fans. Although I felt Planet-Hulk had a better storyline, for some reason I enjoyed WWH a-lot more. But that's just me...
    Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Final Arrow

@Frozen: I think the concept of WWH was a great one, after the events of Planet Hulk I was looking forward to the WWH event, but Marvel just dropped the ball in my eyes, they had a chance to really build on the Hulk persona and show us another side of him. All the rage and anger and with a great story already built up from the last event how could it go wrong... Well LOL. It's just me I just don't like the easy way out, I think marvel need to work a lot harder on Character emotions and devloping them as individuals instead of going with the stero-type for that character. Sentry and Hulk are prime examples of them taking an easy way out instead of building them up. But we all have are own reason for enjoying comics :D

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Because Bruce and the Hulk were both completely alligned in their goals. They were both mad, they both loved Caiera, and they both wanted revenge. WWH was Bruce Banner's unrestrained rage taken form.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

He was completely focused. Or what FTBB said....
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Because Bruce and the Hulk were both completely alligned in their goals. They were both mad, they both loved Caiera, and they both wanted revenge. WWH was Bruce Banner's unrestrained rage taken form.

well said
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @DEGRAAF: Thanks =]
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SC  Moderator

Because Greg Pak is a huge and genuine Hulk fan who loves that character so much and unlike most other writers is more than happy to take solid grounds and positions on something that a lot of comics fans are also emotionally invested in, and thats who can beat who and who should beat who? World War Hulk was his biggest opportunity to date to demonstrate this?? 

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By jrock85

He recently admitted that he was holding back during the events of WWH.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#15  Edited By AssertingValor
    @Aiden Cross
    im pretty sure killing people is as mad as  u can get,  how can u get madder than mad enough to kill  people,  hulk has been making death threats his whole career..............
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Gambit1024

Because he was really, really, REALLY pissed off. 

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By seekquaze

The Hulk was really pissed off and the other heroes acted like idiots when fighting him.  Seriously, the best Reed and T'challa can come up with in twenty-four hours is a shiny light bulb? 

kaiserg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By kaiserg
    @SC said:
    Because Greg Pak is a huge and genuine Hulk fan who loves that character so much and unlike most other writers is more than happy to take solid grounds and positions on something that a lot of comics fans are also emotionally invested in, and thats who can beat who and who should beat who? World War Hulk was his biggest opportunity to date to demonstrate this?? 
    Got that right, and with all due respect to all other Characters that Hulk beat up (ie. X-men, wolverine, Juggernaut, Sentry,Colossus) he showed respect to the strength's of every other character that he beat up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.