Why It Is Plausible That Hulk Could Lift Mjolnir

• 127 results
#101 Posted by Seraph7 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Your train of thought is just wrong. For one thing, weight has absolutely nothing to do with lifting Mjolnir. It doesn't matter how much the hammer weighs or how strong you are. It can only be lifted by those deemed worthy, so I have no clue as to why gravity would have any kind of relevance whatsoever. Only real answer is simply very poor writing, and 90% of the time that's usually what you get from Jeph Loeb.

With that being said, Hulk can become so strong that one punch from him would destroy the universe, hes still not gonna lift the hammer.

End of story.

#102 Posted by AssertingValor (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg

#103 Posted by Kyzuko (138 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no strength factor in this equation. You have to discard it completely as the enchantment has nothing to do with it. Also, Hulk cannot get angry enough to become stronger to overpower Odin's magic. It doesn't work that way and it will never way.

Another thing, Rulk never really did wield Mjolnir. It was floating in space and he just grabbed hold of it.

#104 Posted by Takao0815 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Hulk is stronger than Odin's magic he can not lift the hammer.

Tens high he travels a hole in the planet.

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
#105 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@Takao0815: Hulk has never been stronger than Odin's magic and never will be.

#106 Posted by guttridgeb (4881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Seraph7: @Kyzuko: A magical enchantment can be overpowered by something more powerful than the enchanter. Hulk's infinite potential strength means that if angry enough, he would become more powerful than Odin. That said, I cannot think of a circumstance in which Hulk could become that angry. Also, Rulk did wield it as shown by the lightning when it hit Thor.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#107 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Hulk could lift it if he ever met the criteria that is required to become "worthy"  

#109 Posted by Kyzuko (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: If someone was stronger than Odin magic-wise then yeah, I guess someone can remove the enchantment but in the end, as stated before, Hulk can become so powerful that he can destroy the universe with one blow but if he's not worthy, he is not lifting that hammer.

#110 Posted by guttridgeb (4881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kyzuko: As powerful as Odin may be, he isn't powerful enough to destroy the universe. If Hulk got that angry he would be able to overpower the enchantment.

@TheAcidSkull: There is gravity in space - an extremely small amount but Rulk and Thor's presence meant that it was there. Thus, Rulk overpowered it due to the incredibly low amount of gravity.

#112 Posted by Paracelsus (2361 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY should Hulk(Red or Green) NEED Mjolnir anyway-surely he is supremely powerful in his own right???

Terry

#113 Posted by guttridgeb (4881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Paracelsus said:

WHY should Hulk(Red or Green) NEED Mjolnir anyway-surely he is supremely powerful in his own right???

Terry

I'm not saying he needs to, just making a case for why it could happen.

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
#114 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Strength can't overcome the enchantment. Hela with the friggin twilight sword at her command couldn't overcome it. You need to be worthy. That's all there is to it. Even if you move it in space, its powers can't be used. It just becomes movable.

#115 Posted by guttridgeb (4881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fernando072295REBORN said:

Strength can't overcome the enchantment. Hela with the friggin twilight sword at her command couldn't overcome it. You need to be worthy. That's all there is to it. Even if you move it in space, its powers can't be used. It just becomes movable.

In Marvel, the situation is that a superior force to whatever casted an enchantment can overpower it. Hulk's infinite potential strength means that, if angry enough, he will eventually surpass Odin. Admittedly, I don't see a situation in which Hulk gets that angry (I wouldn't be surprised if Odin brutally killing everyone Hulk has ever known did't work) but it is technically within his power set.

Also, I'm not saying that Hulk would then be able to wield Mjolnir's power, only it - though that said, Rulk used its power in space.

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
#116 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (531 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: That becomes a no limit fallacy though. Since even with the Hulk's limitless strength being part of his powerset, he's never displayed the sort of strength that would put him at the level needed to even come close to such a feat. Going by technicalities though, yeah you're right he could lift it with time since his strength has no limit.

That was PIS though. No one gains worthiness due to being in space.

#117 Edited by mace1111 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has near limitless strength like blue marvel, sentry,thor ,superman etc..and if limitless strength was true all these characters would have this potential too for limitless strength.

Hulk does not have limitless or unlimited strength .If he did he would be able to pick thor hammer in the 616 if he was found unworthy .

There is no such thing as unlimited strength and even superman pre-crisis did not have it.

The beyonder told a lie about hulk strength or he exaggerated.

He does not have limitless rage either.

Writers for unofficial bio etc.. just took what the beyonder said and some other character said and ran with it.

Just because a character says something that does not make it true.

No Caption Provided

Spiderman has said things,and it turn out to be false and there are other examples.

Even the marvel website for bio info gets some of it wrong,of course i just found out more clearly recently it's really done/edited by fans.

Here is the true info about his strength.

This says he has near limitless strength and even some unofficial bio says that sometimes.

You may have to enlarge the pic below to see the words clearly.

No Caption Provided

Here is the true info for hulk strength that's really official and the latest info on his true strength.

Marvel Encyclopedia v2 2009

No Caption Provided

=

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#118 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@mace11: None of those characters you mentioned have near limitless strength, none of them amp their strength the same way Hulk can.

Hulk has potential for limitless strength, doesn't mean he can use it or that he will ever be able to use it.

There is such thing as limitless strength, omnipotent beings have it among having other limitless powers.

The Beyonder was monologing to himself basically, so why would he lie about Hulk not having any finite level of strength to himself? Also how can he be wrong? This was PR-Beyonder the guy was literally all knowing and all powerful back then.

That i can agree on, the only thing preventing Hulk from reaching limitless strength is that he has a limit to his anger, how high is that limit, we still don't know.

You are using a gaming bio.... that was made for a video game...

You are using an outdated encyclopedia, use the 2014 one that states Hulk has potential for strength more then any other known humanoid character which includes everyone you listed in your first sentence.

No Caption Provided

#119 Posted by McFlicky (405 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk isn't worthy. And the only reason rulk was able to move it in space is because jeph loeb has gone completely insane

#120 Edited by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcflicky: Ironman was also able to move it in space and Loeb had nothing to do with that.

#121 Edited by mace1111 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge:

Hulk is not omnipotent and Beyonder was not all powerful.The one above all is.That's true limitless power.

All these characters i mention do have near limitless strength.MARVEL.COM SAYS THAT SENTRY AND BLUE MARVEL have EQUAL STRENGTH TO HULK AND THEY HAVE could AMP THEIR STRENGTH. TOO.HULK IS NOT THE ONLY ONE.

The game bio is getting thier info from marvel.

If hulk as potential for limitless strength so do these others.But i say there is no such thing period, and so far hulk as not shown that potential and never will.He will always have near limitless strength like superman and the others.

En Sabah Nur (Earth-616)

# Superhuman Strength: Apocalypse possesses superhuman strength that he can further increase by drawing upon outside energy sources; Apocalypse was shown to be strong enough to physically restrain the Hulk, while the Hulk was separated from Banner and explicitly lacked the ability to increase his strength with his rage. Hence, Apocalypse is above the "class 100" limit.

http://marvel.wikia.com/En_Sabah_Nur_%28Earth-616%29

#122 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@mace11: Never said Hulk is omnipotent, neither did i say Beyonder was all powerful but he was still the most powerful being in all of Marvel, apart from TOAA.

No they don't they have very much limits to their strength and they can not amp themselves to crazy extents. Marvel.com is just a site, comics take precedence over sites and handbooks and Hulk has better strength feats then either BM or Sentry by a country mile.

The game bio is not canon and useless there is a game with Maestro who says thinks like this

No Caption Provided

"Have you seen Galactus' face, Summoner? I have ripped off his mask myself!"

"I killed the Phoenix Five in one timeline... and the Phoenix Corps in another."

"I have defeated a school of X-Men. A world of Avengers. A galaxy of Guardians."

"Once, I even hunted a Celestial."

Maestro has no such feats in the comics.

Those others don't have the ability to amp their strength through sheer emotion and have not been said to have no finite element inside them unlike Hulk, so no they are not like him.

You need to stop using the wiki, besides that feat Apocolypse did was on a weakened Hulk as explained here

Apocalypse seemingly manhandling Hulk

Often misinterpreted by posting this scan out of context...

No Caption Provided

The scan is from Incredible Hulk #456 when Apocalypse was about to convince Hulk to turn into one of his Horsemen. People claim 2 things while using this scan...

1. Apocalypse was strangling Savage Hulk.
  2. Apocalypse is stronger than Savage Hulk.

Two statements that are completely untrue due to the whole contextual field missing in this scan. Forwardly, a detailed approach about it.

During the Onslaught War, Hulk and Banner were forcibly separated from each other when Hulk busted Onslaught's armor, leaving a Bannerless Hulk in Earth-616 Universe and Banner on the Heroes Reborn Universe created by Franklin Richards.

No Caption Provided

Bannerless Hulk served as the nexus of the 2 flowing energies of the universes. Because of this, Hulk was literally dying due to how intrusive and powerful those energies were and his powers were seriously fluctuating from that point as it is explained in Incredible Hulk #460...

No Caption Provided

In this issue Hulk actually dies and revives almost instantly when Banner was reincorporated into Hulk's persona, this happened 4 issues after Apocalypse manhandled Hulk, in other words, Hulk was at the very bottom of his potential and his dead was nigh by the moment Apocalypse put his hands on him. Moreover, Hulk was trashed by a T-Rex previously to the encounter with Apocalypse, so this notion of him beating a full powered Hulk is flat out wrong for very obvious reasons.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

~GhostRavage

#123 Posted by AgentofChaos1 (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares ? Hulk still stomps his ass

#124 Edited by mace1111 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolute Strength - Superpower Wiki

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Absolute_Strength

Excuses,excuses.The wiki get it's info from the comics itself for those who do not read them or kept up.So it's futile to tell folks to stop reading bio info.

That's very nerdy of you.

The bio tends to get right alot of times or most time.

This website is feat crazy,that's another reason i STOP posting in the battle forums.

Marvel Encyclopedia v2 2009 is fine enough,thank you.

This is my last reply to hulk fan boys then i am leaving this thread because i had enough of the non-sense.

Showing strength feats is not everything because the character maybe new and need more time,so that's not fair and there are other ways to find out how strong or how powerful someone is.Just use your common sense,it's not that hard,besides the sentry stalemated the hulk and he was not even trying at the end.

When he fought the hulk he was kicking his butt and then sentry said come on,hit me etc..

Sentry did not even fight back and he was was not even at full power.

Hulk fan boys get carried away at times just like the superman ones.

So they have nothing to say to me and am not listening to them.

I had enough of them.

Sentry could get stronger if close to sun and blue marvel could amp his strength because of anti-matter.They tend to hold back anyway like thor.

Blue marvel and sentry would stomp the hulk even if hulk was stronger because of the other powers they have.

Thor,sentry and blue marvel start out stronger then hulk anyway and blue marvel is most likely stronger then all of them but we need to see more of him so never say never,besides like i said,he is at least as strong has the hulk.

I am just pointing out and correcting non-sense.Thor, blue marvel,sentry are at least as strong as strong as hulk.Hulk does not have limitless strength and if he did these others have the potential too,but none do because there there is no such thing.

Let us not forget the juggernaut.

There are other ways to get info that comes from marvel.

By the way this all i need to know.

Blue Marvel possess superhuman strength that is equal to Thor and Hulk, high degree of durability. His body can store anti-matter and disperse it to a unknown degree

http://marvel.com/characters/327/blue_marvel

Adam Brashear

Strength level

Class 100+, Adam is capable of lifting far in excess of 100 tons easily. He is stated to be in the same league as the Sentry, Hulk, and Thor . Namor also stated that the only other who have hit him as hard as Blue Marvel were Hulk and Thor.

Robert Reynolds (Earth-616)

Superhuman Strength: The Sentry's strength varies greatly and depends on his mental stability. The Sentry possesses vast superhuman strength, granting him the ability to lift (press) far in excess of 100 tons easily. He is one of the strongest beings in the Universe. He has demonstrated several astonishing feats of strength during his career, including easily lifting tremendous weights, ripping Carnage in two, taking Terrax the Tamer's cosmic axe and shattering it with his bare hands,lifting a cruise liner effortlessly, and his unrestrained power overloaded the Absorbing Man. The Void was even able to break the Hulk's limbs with relative ease, and the Sentry himself was able to easily kill Ares by ripping him in half. He can also absorb solar radiation for additional strength. The Sentry has yet to demonstrate an upper-limit to his strength, but he has shown that it can rival the likes of the Hulk, although this depends on his mental state. The Sentry has also shown enough physical strength to be able beat the Void into submission more than once with pure force when he was relatively stable, which shows a high degree of power.

Thor

Superhuman Strength: In addition to being the God of Thunder, Thor is also the Asgardian God of Strength, as such he is physically the strongest of the Asgardian gods. His feats include destroying an arch weighing over a million tons,crumbling Uru into dust,lifting the Midgard Serpent,who was large enough to coil around the Earth from head to tail multiple times over and crush it in its grip. Pushing the Worldengine, which reversed the Yggdrasil Tree . Thor nearly killed Angrir with a powerful blow, who had defeated the base level Red Hulk (He grows much more powerful from absorbing energy). His clash against Gorr shattered entire worlds. He effortlessly threw a piece of star core at the god-bomb. He also physically held together the fissures of a badly damaged moon, and mended it with his lightning.

He has effortlessly snapped adamantium alloy cables by simply flexing. He pushed over the leaning Tower of Pisa with his finger. His punch when met with same force has leveled a countryside and even closed dimensional rifts. He has towed the island hydrobase into New York Harbor.After being damaged in a battle, Thor literally holds up the George Washington Bridge long enough for Damage Control to fix it. Wonder Man conceded Thor as his superior. He has also resisted the gravity of a neutron star.

Thor has proven capable of several acts of vast physical strength, including stalemating the Hulk in battle for an hour. He was able to break Silver Surfer's force field with a single blow, knocked out Namor with a single blow (despite Namor being fully hydrated during a rain storm), and has defeated the Bi-Beast, Red Hulk, and Gladiator.He has also stalemated Hercules in various contests of strength, and nearly rendered the Juggernaut unconscious after negating his mystical defenses. Thor's strength is so great that he was able to launch Harald Jaekelsson's body into orbit with a single uppercut.

Creation by Stan Lee

"How do you make someone stronger than the strongest person (the Hulk)? It finally came to me: Don't make him human — make him a god. I decided readers were already pretty familiar with the Greek and Roman gods. It might be fun to delve into the old Norse legends.... Besides, I pictured Norse gods looking like Vikings of old, with the flowing beards, horned helmets, and battle clubs. ...Journey into Mystery, needed a shot in the arm, so I picked Thor ... to headline the book. After writing an outline depicting the story and the characters I had in mind, I asked my brother, Larry, to write the script because I didn't have time. ...and it was only natural for me to assign the penciling to Jack Kirby..."

“I dreamed up Thor years ago because I wanted to create the biggest, most powerful superhero of all and I figured who can be bigger than a god?” Lee says of his idea for his God of Thunder, which was first scripted by Stan’s younger brother, Larry Lieber. “I chose the Norse gods,” Lee adds, “because I felt people were less familiar with them than with the Greek and Roman gods.”

However, it should be noted that the above was simply Stan's intention in 1963, and whereas the Hulk has continuously grown in power since then, Thor has not. Under Stan Lee's watch, 10 years later during the 1970s, Hulk stalemated Thor in strength, and during the late 1980s Stan wrote a Thor issue in which the title character was clearly outmatched against the Hulk without using Mjolnir. His current, 2013, view on the topic, is that it simply depends on if the writer is a Hulk fan or a Thor fan.

That's it ,i am done here.

GAME OVER.

By.

#125 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@mace11: Excuses,excuses.The wiki get it's info from the comics itself for those who do not read them or kept up.So it's futile to tell folks to stop reading bio info.

Yes and Hulks wiki also says he has infinite strength if he go by that logic but we don't, because wikis are unreliable sources and can be edited by almost aynone.

That's very nerdy of you.

Thanks.

This website is feat crazy,that's another reason i STOP posting in the battle forums.

Well unfortunately for you FEATS take priority over everything else.

Marvel Encyclopedia v2 2009 is fine enough,thank you.

It isn't when there is a newer more updated version, you can't cherry pick your way out of this.

This is my last reply to hulk fan boys then i am leaving this thread because i had enough of the non-sense.

Says the guy that uses wikis and games over actual comics... Trust me no one on this cite shares your opinion.

Showing strength feats is not everything because the charcher maybe new and need more time,so that's not fair and there are other ways to find out how strong as powerful someone is.Just use your common sense,it's not that hard,besides the sentry stalemated the hulk and he was not even trying at the end.

Yes showing feats is everything, well boohoo i really feel sorry for the character but i am not gonna stand here wait a couple of more years for him to acquire more feats we debate with what we already know otherwise we don't debate at all. Don't talk to me about common sense when you use game bios to explain a comic book characters power. Except the writer himself confirmed that Sentry was going all out and he threatened to destroy everyone and everything around him while busting an entire city in his fight, while in his fight with Blue Marvel they where barely destroying some rocks.

When he fought the hulk he was kicking his butt and then sentry said come on,hit me etc..

Yes, because Sentry was going out of his mind, still doesn't change the fact that Sentry was KO'd in the end while Hulk almost broke the continent just seconds later.

Sentry did not even fight back and he was was not even at full power.

Umm, are you blind? Yes he did. He both punched and attacked Hulk with his energy projection and yes he was at full power Reed Richards and the Thing both commented on how Sentry never went all out like this.

Hulk fan boys get carried away at times just like the superman ones.

You throw the word fanboy around but the only one carried away here is you.

So they have nothing to say to me and am not listening to them.

So what are we doing now, playing chess?

I had enough of them.

Ok, why do i need to care?

Sentry get stronger like superman if close to sun and blue marvel could amp his strength because of anti-matter.

Sentry does not get his power from the Sun, what are you talking about? His power depends on his mental state, his mental stability. Yea and so far he hasn't impressed me.

Blue marvel and sentry would stomp the hulk even if hulk was stronger because of the other powers they have.

Yea that's why Sentry already lost to Hulk, Hulk has better feats and for 60 years now he has fought guys in capes with "other powers" and is still winning. Your argument is invalid. Versatility is meaningless if it cannot actually put down Hulk.

Thor,sentry and blue marvel start out stronger then hulk anyway and blue marvel is most likely stronger then all of them but we need to see more of him so never say never,besides like i said,he is at least as strong as hulk.

No they don't, there is no base level Hulk anyway. Blue Marvel has no feats even close to Hulks strength, i mean literally pathetic compared to Hulks, whose confirmed to be physically strongest Marvel hero and always will be because that's his whole shtick.

I am just pointing out and correcting non-sense.Thor, blue marvel,sentry are at least as strong.

When they have the same feats as Hulk they will be, until then NO.

Let us not forget the juggernaut.

What about him? He also has no strength feats on Hulks level if that's what you are suggesting.

There are other ways to get info that comes from marvel.

What?

By the way this all i need to know.

Blue Marvel possess superhuman strength that is equal to Thor and Hulk, high degree of durability. His body can store anti-matter and disperse it to a unknown degree

http://marvel.com/characters/327/blue_marvel

Adam Brashear

Strength level

Robert Reynolds (Earth-616)

And this is all i need to know

No Caption Provided

His strength outmatches all of Earths heroes, sorry.

Oh and this is the latest thing Stan Lee has to say about Thor and Hulk

Loading Video...

Yea, you got the game over screen because you just lost.

Better luck next time, bye.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
#126 Posted by UnderdogSupporter (468 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk could be worthy I suppose.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#127 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11762 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

And even IF he did lift it, he's not at all worthy. At best it'll be a club.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.