Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

why is World breaker Hulk SOO Underrated?!

• 58 results
    Hulk_inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hulk_inside

i mean World breaker is actually VERY impressive as powerlevel and just the amount of rage lol. But people seem to put him in the same power level as normal, savage hulk against everyone and it pisses me off because then the people who don't know about this incarnation just says that ALL characters shit stomps him completely. On another Forum people seem to put World breaker hulk on the same power level as the THING!! Wtf? Didn't anyone read that World War hulk where he completely DECIMATES the thing in a couple of punches, World breaker hulk IS MUCH more powerful than World War as well, so he could just do the chuck norris look and the thing would blow up lmao. So why do people COMPLETELY underrate world breaker? they say that spiderman can take him easily and it just annoys me because hulk would probably rip his head off and eat him. Why do they? Thanks

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By YoggSaron

You're exaggerating. A lot. And people who don't like Hulk are going to low-ball him, as is the case with every other comic book character ever made.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By samuel_larson_10

OK since you are WRITING IN CAPS I will do the SAME! The TRUTH is that WBH is very POWERFUL. HE can destroy planets with FOOTSTEPS! But at the SAME TIME many OTHER marvel characters DO THE SAME! And since he only has a few other POWERS besides STRENGTH people find him BORING! I mean on every hulk vs thor and superman and thing all people say is THE HULK becomes stronger and DECIMATES THEM. which is INCREDIBLY STUPID! Thanks

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fifthchild

@Hulk_inside said:

i mean World breaker is actually VERY impressive as powerlevel and just the amount of rage lol. But people seem to put him in the same power level as normal, savage hulk against everyone and it pisses me off because then the people who don't know about this incarnation just says that ALL characters shit stomps him completely.

Firstly this board has a lot of casual posters and many of them dont seem to know what Worldbreaker Hulk is and theres a lot of confusion with WWH for obvious reasons.

On another Forum people seem to put World breaker hulk on the same power level as the THING!! Wtf? Didn't anyone read that World War hulk where he completely DECIMATES the thing in a couple of punches,

One punch actually...

World breaker hulk IS MUCH more powerful than World War as well, so he could just do the chuck norris look and the thing would blow up lmao. So why do people COMPLETELY underrate world breaker? they say that spiderman can take him easily and it just annoys me because hulk would probably rip his head off and eat him. Why do they? Thanks

This site has a battles forum where people make up their own fight scenarios and rules which doesnt really have anything to do with what actually happens in the comics. Not all "battleboards" are like this but a lot of them are. Usually in these fanmade scenarios, characters who are really strong tend to not do very well compared to characters who are "versatile", fast etc. Its probably gotten particularly onesided here since most Hulk fans seem to have given up on participating in the whole thing some years ago. Once that happens a lot of propaganda from fans of other characters tends to run unopposed and you get to the stage where it becomes widely believed that theres a decent case to be made that Thor is as strong as Worldbreaker Hulk or whatever.

Hulk_inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hulk_inside

@Fifthchild said:

@Hulk_inside said:

i mean World breaker is actually VERY impressive as powerlevel and just the amount of rage lol. But people seem to put him in the same power level as normal, savage hulk against everyone and it pisses me off because then the people who don't know about this incarnation just says that ALL characters shit stomps him completely.

Firstly this board has a lot of casual posters and many of them dont seem to know what Worldbreaker Hulk is and theres a lot of confusion with WWH for obvious reasons.

On another Forum people seem to put World breaker hulk on the same power level as the THING!! Wtf? Didn't anyone read that World War hulk where he completely DECIMATES the thing in a couple of punches,

One punch actually...

World breaker hulk IS MUCH more powerful than World War as well, so he could just do the chuck norris look and the thing would blow up lmao. So why do people COMPLETELY underrate world breaker? they say that spiderman can take him easily and it just annoys me because hulk would probably rip his head off and eat him. Why do they? Thanks

This site has a battles forum where people make up their own fight scenarios and rules which doesnt really have anything to do with what actually happens in the comics. Not all "battleboards" are like this but a lot of them are. Usually in these fanmade scenarios, characters who are really strong tend to not do very well compared to characters who are "versatile", fast etc. Once that happens a lot of propaganda from fans of other characters tends to run unopposed and you get to the stage where it becomes widely believed that theres a decent case to be made that Thor is as strong as Worldbreaker Hulk or whatever.

It is stupid who ever made that poster of world war hulk and at the bottom it said "World breaker" then everyone who hasn't read that comic thinks World war hulk and World breaker are the same. Maybe that is why people underrate him so much. And what do you mean "Its probably gotten particularly onesided here since most Hulk fans seem to have given up on participating in the whole thing some years ago". Do you mean they all left the forum?

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By PurpleCandy

Because most if not all versions of Hulk are lulz-killers.

notoverrated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By notoverrated

idk i like hulk and i think he is the best IMO.

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Luster77

lets look at it from my perspective right quick. Bruce Banner is one of the 7 smartest people in the MU, right? Hulk is one of the most powerful Earthlings, right? Gamma Ray <------(look it up) energy is the most powerful energy in the universe, right? All incarnations of the Hulk manifested by Banner has the potential to be the strongest and possibly most destructive force in the world. Thor is a god who manifest his strength in many different ways. Thor, like the Hulk and Wolverine has a berserker fury that he often has to hold in check for fear of completely destroying what ever's in his way. So he has to hold back most times. Banner wants the same thing for himself and the Hulk, all manifestations of him, because he knows the extent of Hulks abilities and constantly tries to rid himself of the Hulk. But, Hulk is strongest there is!!! Hulk smash puny marvel characters!!!

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Malevolent1

To the OP...why do u think this version of Hulk is any more powerful than say the version of Hulk that knocked Onslaught across country?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Luster77 said:

lets look at it from my perspective right quick. Bruce Banner is one of the 7 smartest people in the MU, right? Hulk is one of the most powerful Earthlings, right? Gamma Ray <------(look it up) energy is the most powerful energy in the universe, right? All incarnations of the Hulk manifested by Banner has the potential to be the strongest and possibly most destructive force in the world. Thor is a god who manifest his strength in many different ways. Thor, like the Hulk and Wolverine has a berserker fury that he often has to hold in check for fear of completely destroying what ever's in his way. So he has to hold back most times. Banner wants the same thing for himself and the Hulk, all manifestations of him, because he knows the extent of Hulks abilities and constantly tries to rid himself of the Hulk. But, Hulk is strongest there is!!! Hulk smash puny marvel characters!!!

Naaah. Gamma energy in comics isn't the most destructive energy.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By GhostRavage

@malevolent1: I know its old, but i keep tracking threads with Hulk and your question got my attention. "that" Hulk isn't stronger than World Breaker Hulk however, "that" Hulk can become stronger a lot faster and easier due to the fact he no longer shares mental boundaries with Banner. Anyway, we've only seen "that" Hulk once, and he was VERY mad but he wasn't tearing apart the continent nor emitting huge amounts of gamma; While the first time we saw WBH he was tearing apart the east coast with one foot step.

Also, the new incarnation of Hulk, The incredible Hulk (J. Aaron and M. Silvestri), he follows the same path Greg Pak left and kept the world breaker title and some other "pak features", with this said we can assume this Hulk has the same enraging potential as "that" Hulk given the situation Hulk actually "dumped" Banner out of his head, so there's no "turning back to Banner" and we kept WBH state.

"that"<--- it's referred to the Hulk that fought Onslaught.

GR.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm pretty sure every version of Hulk is underrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@jj62 said:

I'm pretty sure every version of Hulk is underrated.

Unfortunately I have to agree, Bruce can be vastly underrated as well :/

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is fueled by forces of atomic destruction, also known as "nuclear power" or "gamma rays". He continually feeds on the unlimited nuclear power/gamma rays throughout the universe,in proportion to his stress.

There is no part of the Hulk that is a pushover, as some people want him to be.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yh Hulk is pretty underrated. There is a simple factor to Hulk's power where "Madder he gets, the stronger he gets". This simplicity tends to annoy and bore some people and though this is the core foundation of Hulk's powers, most people feel it's not a valid argument on his behalf which I would disagree with in certain circumstances. Most people go by showings in comics rather than the potential capabilities of the character, which isn't wrong. However, this would neglect the potential shown by character in battles done in forums. On the other hand, if we were to consider the potential for every other character battles would go on forever with everyone saying "Theoretically he/she can do this" OR "He/she should be able to do that". That's why I believe Hulk appears as being underrated, its because the majority of his showing don't do justice to the potential that's in him as demonstrated by World breaker. And of course how often would Hulk get a chance to cut lose and enter WB mode? Writers can't transport him to the dark dimension every time he slips into that mode can they? That's why I feel writers need to work with what Gregg Pak has paved with regards to the evolution of Hulk's Character and Powers.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the character is all strength without haxx. They think he's one dimensional. Hulk, is very powerful, but the only way I think people are going to stop underestimating him is if he gets a strengthforce like the flashs speedforce.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dum529001

@leesensei said:

Because the character is all strength without haxx. They think he's one dimensional. Hulk, is very powerful, but the only way I think people are going to stop underestimating him is if he gets a strengthforce like the flashs speedforce.

Hulk already does. It's called "limitless nuclear power".

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LeeSensei

@dum529001: That's not really the same. The speedforce gives the flash a bunch of different powers. And where did it say that he has limitless nuclear power?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#19  Edited By Teerack

I really want to see another world breaker incident. I mean Hulk nearly destroyed Earth from standing on it for a few seconds when he became the world breaker.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: That's not really the same. The speedforce gives the flash a bunch of different powers. And where did it say that he has limitless nuclear power?

It honestly probably says the hulk's power is limitless a 1000+ times throughout Marvel comics. xD

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: yes. His strength. Where did it say he has limitless nuclear power.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teerack

@teerack: yes. His strength. Where did it say he has limitless nuclear power.

In the marvel universe they make nuclear weapons out of gamma radiation, and the stronger/madder the hulk gets the more Gamma he gives off. When ever the Hulk gets close to going world breaker the amount of gamma radiation that comes out of him starts to literary rip planets apart. So when people say that he has infinite nuclear power they are talking about the gamma radiation that comes off of him the angrier/stronger he gets, because in marvel Gamma is considered a form of nuclear energy.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dum529001

@teerack:

Gamma rays are the actual definition of nuclear power.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RaynorJ

@god_spawn:

It is one of the most destructive things in the universe, the only reason it is not the most dominant one is because unlike in the real world in comics there is a little thing called MAGIC, maybe you heard of it which has no real rules and can be as random as the writer wants it to be.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Teerack

@teerack:

Gamma rays are the actual definition of nuclear power.

Oh really? I had no clue I thought gamma was one of the weaker radiations in the real world. For like kemo and stuff.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

Oh yay, another "Hulk gets no respect" thread...

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack:

Yeah they just use it in low amounts, but even the tiniest bit is enough to obliterate organic tissue in the areas they target for treatment.

mjjoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk Flash!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..Why are there always so many Hulk haters trawling the Hulk board? You don't seem to notice it as much on other boards, particularly over on DC. Anyway my opinion of why the WB is under-rated, is simply that he has only appeared in like 2 or 3 stories. One brief glimpse towards the end of the WW Hulk and then of course for longer in Heart of the Monster. What it did show is a being so powerful that he can actually destroy the world he is standing on with nothing more than the power he radiates. Of course the DC Hulk haters still claim that their character "stomps WB Hulk" but I tend to ignore them.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Erkan12

True, even though we didn't see WBH lost a fight yet.

femiok123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By femiok123

A guy this powerful mustn't handle a powerful tool like the green Lantern ring or red

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AgentofChaos1

Hulk is the strongest there is

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually in one comic dr strange tells hulk to stop absorbing gamma energy or that he would obliterate the Marvel Universe.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz: The multiverse actually, since he was the nexus between 2 universes at the moment.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Schwarz
    AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

If hulk had more powers like flight, it would change everything

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AssertingValor: It would change the character itself, so yea people can keep their cap fliers to themselves.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

That's one of the most annoying things about battles involving him. Countless posters don't even know who he is, I can genuinely list many people who still think that he only appeared at the end of world war hulk. He's far too durable to be seriously hurt by half the people he's put up against and even has a counter for speed.

HULKANGRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HULKANGRY

Hulk is the strongest one there is!

No Caption Provided

Nobody beats Hulk! NOBODY!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

WBH is basically the Hulk equivalent of Superman Prime. Hulk in his ultimate most powerful form.....someone who can start breaking up the east coast of America with a single step.... People certainly don't under-estimate that character, so why under-estimate WBH? I guess part of the problem is lack of appearances. Heart of the Monster, to me knowledge, is the main outing for WBH.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KingOfKings1

WBH is overrated

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
    ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumper's Rise

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Schwarz

comic book noobs mostly lowball Hulk.

ultrasound_214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Schwarz
    ultrasound_214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz: alright but who els can you that??!

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know who else can do that but Hulk used to be amazing !

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He hasn't done anything great IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.