Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Whos strong Hulk or Doomsday ?

• 135 results
    Accept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hulk. He has actual lifting and striking feats that put him above Doomsday in the strength department.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By green_skaar

Let's see, one guy has 40 years of TOP END strength feats, one guy doesn't....hmm HULK all day every day. Anyone who says DD is a fan boy, yes I said it. They aren't using feats but bias, period.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..if you read this months Doomed comics, you'd have to say that current Hulk > greater than current Doomsday.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
    ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD

Nickgreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HULK IS STRONGER

Hardank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Hardank

To begin I must say that for me it was clear from the first appearance of Doomsday that this was a gray Hulk with horns and gray, throughout the series of the death of Superman skip many similarities with Hulk, but never mind that.

First Doomsday is a being who has the ability to overcome their opponents after fighting with them, in most cases after death.

Hulk has the ability to overcome their opponents constantly has shown throughout its history, and more in World War Hulk, where is catching up with each of the heroes they face, and finally making it clear that neither it has even been its greatest power.

Hulk is capable of unlimited strength, and increases your strength and increase their other physical and organizational skills can even adapt their bodies, creating new or improving existing ones.

I consider Hulk and physically superior to Superman without limiting (without going to extremes of anger).

What has made Doomsday:

- Doomsday beat Superman, yes, but it also leads us to wonder Doomsday both evolves that subsequent returns and even their clones no longer show unbeatable monster ... in fact has some embarrassing defeats.

- Doomsday caning Darkseid, yes ... (Darkseid shame, shame ....)

- Doomsday beat most heroes Dc universe.

What has made Hulk:

- Hulk beat Sentry, if character is far superior to Superman.

- Hulk physically exceeded Onslaught, a being who rivaled with Celestial.

- Hulk beat most heroes, villains, gods, demi-gods, cosmic and mystical entities, etc of the Marvel universe. I think Hulk would beat Doomsday in any returns.

I do not really find it interesting this confrontation, to find a rival Hulk I do not need to go to DC, I just look at Marvel and think Mangog eg match for me much more worthy than Doomsday.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're both infinitely strong.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hulk

Hardank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: That's a lie, that if you have an unlimited power is Hulk. While Doomsday will only become immune to what killed him, and some increases his powers. But increasingly, it is defeated easily. Do not show this unbeatable monster Hulk throughout its history in comics, is well documented.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hardank: They're both plot strong. In short "They're as strong as they need to be".

Hardank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters :

I understand your point, they both have unlimited power. But if we see feats and apply "levels of infinity". We understand that Hulk is stronger than Juggernaut.

In Marvel exists a classification call infinite levels, which explain how a character of infinite power can be overcome by another, as if both have unlimited power, does beings are not equal ?. Marvel attempt explain this, such as Kubik and Kosmos beings, evolved cubes, which can alter the universe, can alter reality as they please and have infinite power, they are nothing compared to The Celestials.

We must realize that Juggernaut can usually face Hulk, but if we go to their maximum power between them, Hulk is superior.

Avatar image for hulksmashlittleman
    HULKSMASHLITTLEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is the strongest there is !

Slowdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsgay doesn't have any feats that can put him close near to Hulk's level . WBHULK can destroy the army of Doomsday's

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmashlittleman: this is what will happen when hulk and doomsday have fought and fought. then suddenly, hulk becomes world breaker and smashes doomsday like this lol.

Avatar image for hulksmashlittleman
    HULKSMASHLITTLEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what is doomsday gonna evolve in killing hulk? or how is he gonna kill the hulk? i want answers now

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny thing struck me the other day actually, reading Death of Superman, which is ironically one of my favourite superman comics. I am a big fan of Hulk and Supes, but bear with.... Superman basically died defeating a character who is a brute powerhouse, who can't fly, has insane durability, never tires and appears to get stronger as the contest goes on. He tried to BFR him and failed. Hmmm, does DD remind you of any Marvel characters? Green ones perhaps? Yet many Superman fans will have you believe Hulk couldn't lay a finger on Superman. Always amazed me that, the inconsistency of arguing for a Superman stomp when Superman's one and only proper KO came against a Hulk rip off!! Anyway this isn't a Supes v Hulk battle thread, but to answer the point, Hulk is ultimately stronger than DD.

Avatar image for radioactivespider-fan
    RadioactiveSpider-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hardank: No, no no, Sentry is FAR weaker than Superman. Tell me when Sentry can sneeze away a galaxy, or lift 2.2 quintillion tons. Hulk hasn't lifted that much either, or sneezed away a galaxy.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hardank: No, no no, Sentry is FAR weaker than Superman. Tell me when Sentry can sneeze away a galaxy, or lift 2.2 quintillion tons. Hulk hasn't lifted that much either, or sneezed away a galaxy.

I disagree....Sentry ripped Ares, in half...that's plenty strong enough. Marvel generally don't go in for lifting feats like DC so its hard to compare, but Hulk has held the weight of a star (Infinity) which is proves his strength. Anyway this is about Doomsday and Hulk and you could equally argue that doomsday has no feats, his only feats being the characters he has beaten up on. He's basically a walking PIS machine. On the other hand, Hulk has tons of feats going back over the years and his base level is stronger since the warp core breach on sakaar.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sneezed away a galaxy.... First off it was a solar system, secondly it was Silver Age Superman which has nothing to do with every other version that has since dropped the toon force ridiculousness.

Avatar image for radioactivespider-fan
    RadioactiveSpider-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: yes yes yes it was mr mxph that made silver age superman do that. doomsday is featless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I've read booth character since their inception and hulk is stronger period, DDs ability to adapted is to attack or strategy not inceace in strength and by the way hulks never been killed Doomsday has. Plus their speed is coprable and if you don't know about both well why comment it just makes you sound ignorant.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous: I've read booth character since their inception and hulk is stronger period, DDs ability to adapted is to attack or strategy not inceace in strength and by the way hulks never been killed Doomsday has. Plus their speed is coprable and if you don't know about both well why comment it just makes you sound ignorant.

What the hell are you even talking about?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By 91619824611

@jonny_anonymous what are you talk about? What you can't read. My spelling is way off but I dont see a lot of perfect spelling or gramer on any one else's behalf either

I have read both character since their inception and Hulk is stronger period, Doomsdays ability to evolve he uses to adapted to the attack or strategy that killed him not to a opponents increasing strength like the hulk when he becomes further enraged. Plus the hulk has never been killed in battle doomsday has. Also they have speed levels that are comparable and if you don't read both comics then making an argument either way may make you sound ignorant or uniformed.

Is that better?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By 91619824611

@jonny_anonymous: try reading the bold letters at the top of the page. My statement was my opinion on the topic not directed at you bro.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Schwarz

Hulk. the way it probably would go is that Hulk would Kill DD and let's say DD adapted to that strength, then Hulk would get angrier and beat him again and that would go on for infinity... But Hulk would still always be a bit ahead and beat him forever until the end of time. Unless DD becomes invinsible which hasn't been shown he would get killed and keep coming back and Hulk wpuld just always get angrier and it would go on forever.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@91619824611: I still don't understand why your directing this at me?

Sirslamsalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday isn't an infinite of strength. He has a ceiling, he can adapt in durability, but he won't match Hulk's strength.

Current Hulk(Doc Green) has shown a ridiculous base strength as he easily has bested the other Hulks. On top of that he's beyond human super intelligent. He has shown the ability to actually control his abilities at will, while confronting Thunderbolt Ross he dropped his healing factor and let Ross think he was kicking his ass, all while getting a sample. He easily bested Skaar

Hulk wouldn't even need to go WB to win this. He matched Sentry's strength at World War strength and launched Juggernaut with so much force that he couldn't stop.

He went light weight World Breaker when he fought Ross the second time and stomped a mud hole in him with little to no effort.

To the guy that said Hulk's best strength feat is holding Sakaar together, you're a joke. Hulk has endured and held up the weight of a star, punched through an asteroid twice the size of earth and has recently ripped pure adamentium with no effort.

Hulk, in a stomp.

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday is 2x Superman . Hulk needs to be in WB mode to match or maybe exceed Doomsday in strength

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Schwarz

Lots of comic book noobs on comicvine. lots of them lowball hulk and obviously never probably picked up a hulk comics in the last 20 years according to how little the know about Hulk's feats... we're not in the 70s anymore kiddos, Hulk has come a long ways...

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

HP Doomsday . It is impossible to beat to him with pure brute strength . Even Darkseid and superman were struggling to overpower the brute .

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday actually has very few feats. If you read the DOS comic, he runs into a gas tanker and throws a few trucks around but nothing more. His strength comes from his immense durability, the fact that he doesn't tire, has no regard for life or his surroundings and just keeps coming. That's the main reason he beat Superman.

The Hunter Prey Doomsday was something else again, but I think a lot of his success came from people like Darkseid, Wonder Woman and others simply under-estimating him.

Hulk is strength incarnate and is the stronger of the two characters...in WWH mode he threatened to destroy the east coast just by taking a step. Doomsday doesn't have anything to compare with that level of power.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is stronger.

But Doomsday is Immortal.

HULKANGRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Answer is: HULK

He is the strongest there is! (+indestructible!)

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725:

In the long run. Doomsday is stronger.

The Hulk might and would most likely kill Doomsday in a first fight.

But after he killed it, most likely the Hulk would simply leave. Not bothering to completely destroying Doomsday body. And that would in the end prove to be the Hulk downfall.

Because given enough time Doomsday would come back to life, stronger than ever. And remember the thing about Doomsday, is that he can't be killed twice, using the same method.

So most likely Doomsday would evolve not only to match the Hulk strength, but also to be able to nullify the gamma radiation that powers the Hulk. Making Doomsday a complete anti-Hulk force, that would kill him for good.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@heavenlydarkdragon: I must disagree with you on the subject.

The ultimate end of this conflict is not Doomsday overcoming the Hulk. The ultimate conclusion would most likely be a never ending battle. And contrary to what many believe, Doomsday can be killed the same way twice. It's simply just that each time he regenerates/heals he becomes more resistant to damage, not the method in which he was killed.

Therefore, if one where to wish to kill Doomsday again, they would simply have to exert more damage punishment than before. Something that Hulk is more than capable of achieving. However, it also depends on which version of Hulk Doomsday is battling, as most incarnations of Hulk are more than capable of slugging it out with Doomsday indefinitely. There's also the chance that Hulk could simply BFR Doomsday and end the fight there.

However, if Doomsday were to go against World-Breaker, he would be completely annihilated and reduced to nothing from which to regenerate from. In that case, his healing/regenerative coma ability would not save him at all. Also, contrary to what you said about Doomsday adapting a way to neutralize Hulk's gamma power, I find that unlikely as Hulk has himself shown to adapt and overcome such extreme techniques numerous times throughout his 50+ year history.

The most logical conclusions in a Hulk vs. Doomsday scenario are these:

1) Hulk kills Doomsday once or a few times, but given enough time (depending how severe the damage is that was inflicted on Doomsday) Doomsday returns to fight Hulk again & again like a reoccurring antagonist

2) Hulk and Doomsday fight until they cause the destruction of the planet they're on

3) The Hulk grows bored of the fight and handily tosses Doomsday out of orbit and into the depths of space

4) A never-ending battle that goes on and on

5) Hulk goes full-on World-Breaker and wipes Doomsday from existence, turning the once unkillable beast into nothing but ash

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990:

And of course you're skipping some very important facts.

When Doomsday fought and was killed by the Radiant entity, when he fought him a second time, Doomsday had evolved to the point he could also manifest and energy directly opposite to that of Radiant. Which allowed Doomsday to kill him for good.

Now. True that the Hulk has some amazing regenerative capabilities, there's no arguing that fact, but he can't adapt to every situation. If that was so, then the Red Hulk wouldn't have beaten him twice in a row. Because the Hulk would be able to adapt. But he couldn't and he can't. That's not in his power range.

So you brought up the world-breaker Hulk. So I'll bring up the New 52 Doomsday. This Doomsday can not only endlessly evolve but he generates a null-field. That null-field, in turn sucks the very life force of everything it comes in contact with. So if the Hulk prolonged the fight for far too long, he'd be dead anyway. Because unlike Hulk fans like to believe, the Hulk stamina isn't unlimited. He needs time to power up. And more to the point, he can only do so if nothing blocks away the very source of his powers, which is gamma radiation.

So we have Doomsday, that can suck the very life force from the Hulk and add it to his own, and not only that Doomsday can evolve to adapt to the more efficient way of killing his opponent, which in this case would be him emitting an anti-gamma radiation.

So has you can see, Hulk victory is not a certainty, but rather a long shot at best. The Hulk would have to go beyond anything we've ever seen him do, so he could overcome and completely destroy Doomsday.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By GreenScar1990

@heavenlydarkdragon: Whatever. I'm not here to debate/argue with you. I know what the facts are and I know what the truth of the matter is. I've already stated them. You believe what you want. And you're confusing yourself with the definition of adaptation. Just because you adapt to breathing under water or space, it doesn't mean you can instantly swim through the ocean depths or take flight through space. But if you want to play it that way, then tell me why hasn't Superman adapted ever time he'd get his ass handed to him by some other powerhouse more than once, twice, thrice?

If New 52 Doomsday is so powerful and his null-field is so deadly, how come Superman survived it and ripped him in half? How did Superman, who is not known for having a great healing factor at all, overcome the Doomsday spore infection? If Superman can do that, what makes you think Hulk can't easily do the same? Especially when he's physically more powerful than Superman, just as durable, and has one of the greatest adaptive healing factors in comics?

And I assume you know that in order for New 52 to absorb the life essence of other beings within this null-field, they have to die first. That's not gonna happen to Hulk. If Superman can take it, Hulk won't have the slightest problem. The same goes for those puny Doomsday spores. Hulk eats stuff like that for breakfast and has overcome such obstacles without much trouble.

So, contrary to what you seem to believe, Hulk can take everything that Doomsday can throw at him. Also, Hulk doesn't need much time, if any at all, to power-up as you seem to believe. And Hulk's stamina? It's without infinite. Don't believe me? Do you recall Professor/Merged Hulk fighting Hela's forces for days and weeks on end without tiring? I know I do. There's plenty of other circumstances to prove my case.

And given that, unlike Superman who gets his power from the sun, Hulk's gamma power comes from a multiversal/omniversal source that's virtually impossible to deprive him off. So, contrary to what you seem to believe, Hulk obtaining victory against Doomsday is definitely a solid certainty.

All Hulk really needs to do is depending on which Doomsday he faces.

Hulk vs. Pre-52 Doomsday

1) Battle field removal

2) Go World-Breaker and turn Doomsday to ash

3) Fight and kill Doomsday a few times until they both reach a level of power where they take out the very planet they're on

Hulk vs. New 52 Doomsday

1) Go World-Breaker and turn Doomsday to ash

2) Fight and kill Doomsday and then simply overcome the spores

'Nuff said.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Doomsday

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#94  Edited By Cloakx14
    GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see, one guy has 40 years of TOP END strength feats, one guy doesn't....hmm HULK all day every day. Anyone who says DD is a fan boy, yes I said it. They aren't using feats but bias, period.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990:

So defensive. Chill. You'll pop a vein or something.

So which one is it.

You either don't care or you make questions. You can't have both.

And just to revive your memory, yeah Superman ripped Doomsday in half. And what happened afterwards. He got infected with Doomsday dna and started changing into a new form of Doomsday.

Now Superman has great control of himself. While the Hulk has very little.

So imagine that. Even in victory the winner loses. The Hulk would become nothing more than a new version of Doomsday.

Don't forget that Superman apparent healing of the Doomsday virus, was one of DC biggest plot holes so far. The writers simply cured him, without giving any explanation, why.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it is one of the biggest plot-holes of that whole Doomed event (not the only one, I can attest). However, what makes you think Hulk can't overcome the spores? It's not like he hasn't withstood a toxin that was designed to use his own adaptive healing factor against him and overcome it... oh, wait. He has.

No Caption Provided

And if you're going with your "Superman's mind is more focused and in control angle", then why is it he's easily mind-controlled more often than not? Where as Hulk/Banner has been shown to be extremely resistant (if not nearly impossible) to mind control, even to the point that the combine might of Professor Charles Xavier & Emma Frost could do nothing to subdue the Hulk. Besides this, when it comes down to psychological warfare, Banner/Hulk wouldn't have a problem kicking Doomsday to the curve and dispensing with the spores that attempted to infect them.

Not trying to sound like an ass, but I have a feeling you're greatly underestimating the Hulk on more than one level.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

ironknight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ironknight1

I'd to remind everyone that Hulk doesn't have a base strength. The misconception came when Bruce Banner said that he can lift 200 times his body weight but his strength is based off of what situation he's in at the moment. he has lifted more than that without being in a angered state.

FlameHoops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By FlameHoops

It is even because Hulk can get stronger then superman if he gets mad enough. But Doomsday is immortal so therefore can not be defeated. Also Doomsday had killed superman before in a comic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.