Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Which love interest do you want them to focus on in future Hulk stories?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which love interest do you want them to focus on in future Hulk stories? (15 votes)

Betty Ross 80%
    Black Widow 7%

So, Bruce/Hulk has two love interests in the MCU, Betty Ross and Black Widow. But which one would you like them to focus on in future films?

• 
    BradWilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, neither. I seems to me that when Bruce left Betty, it was more of a permanent kind of choice. He wants her to be able to have a normal life, not surrounded by his own personal problems of being hunted or fighting against heroes when he loses control. I wasn't that big a fan of Nat/Bruce but while it didn't really bother me, I just don't see that being a thing further down the line. I would love to have one of the love interests of Bruce who actually more or less fell in love with the Hulk instead of Bruce be the next main squeeze but I don't see that happening unless they do a thing where after the Infinity War movies, Hulk gets launched into space and lands on Sakaar or something.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

For me it's the basics and core of the character.

Hulk isn't the character Bruce is. Hulk isn't separate thing he's part of Bruce. His suppressed rage.

The movies are the perfect opportunity to explore that.

I dislike it when they go the other way.

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither give me Caiera

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By GreenScar1990

Kate Waynesboro or Caiera the Oldstromng would be the most welcome love interests for Bruce Banner/Hulk at this point.

ThePeaceweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She-Hulk

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

akumamex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greatkirbysghost
    GreatKirbysGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not have a new one, as they've done many times before? The Hulk story was made for tragic love and while Betty provided that originally, I think she's more interesting as a character with Bruce Banner in her past.

As for Black Widow, I really feel like that was a contrivance in the films because she was the only female character on the "official" Avengers team for both movies and someone somewhere decided they needed a man/woman love story for the second one. You need to build a character for them to have a love story, and Age of Ultron didn't spend enough time on Scarlet Witch to use her that way. Personally, I would have picked Maria Hill if we absolutely needed a woman in the team movie to hook up with one of the men (which I don't think we really did need, judging by the first Avengers movie). Hill was more promising as a love story, in my opinion, because of her half-in, half-out status as a S.H.I.E.L.D. vet, and also because of the way the film series transitioned her from the Avengers' boss to an underground ally, which is a good set-up for a love story with someone on the team, even someone with whom she's never had much interaction before. Imagine if, for some reason, Maria Hill had been the only one who could get the Hulk to calm down. Cobie Smulders could do great with that and they could use the "lullaby" scene to ease Hill into a bigger role in the second movie.

Then again, if I were on Marvel's editorial board, I would say: make the comics like the movies, and come up with some reason The Hulk and Black Widow end up together, then break it off as in the end of Avengers 2. But Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios have enough autonomy from each other that this might not happen, and people who read Avengers comics are likely to take differences from the movies in stride, while most people who see the movies will never know or care about the comics.

akumamex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: i think is time to bring to life caeira since she the only one who fell in love with the hulk , caeira king of green scar

Avatar image for megaginsengking
    MegaGinsengKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see the date someone with super powers:

Thundra

Harpy

Lady Deathstrike

Madam Masque

Valkyre

Hellcat

Moonstone

Lady Deadpool

Miss Modok

Jane Foster

Satana

Lilith

Hela

Superia

DiamondBack

Harley Quinn

Nightshade

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love of smashing.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love of smashing.

Fucking this, i don't care about stupid romance drama horseshit i wanna see Hulk smash shit. And by that i mean Banner Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@megaginsengking:

I would like to see the date someone with super powers:

Thundra

Harpy

Lady Deathstrike

Madam Masque

Valkyre

Hellcat

Moonstone

Lady Deadpool

Miss Modok

Jane Foster

Satana

Lilith

Hela

Superia

DiamondBack

Harley Quinn

Nightshade

Some of these aren't Marvel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.