Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

What were your thoughts on the Hulk era of the 2000's with all of the spin-off gamma radiation characters?

Cronos753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is kind of a complicated question. During the 2000's, it felt like Marvel was suddenly giving every member of the Hulk's cast gamma radiation and created a bunch of spin-off character: Red Hulk, A-Bomb, Red She-Hulk, etc. Not to mention this was when they introduced Skarr. It's kind of like nowadays with all the Spider-Man spin-off characters. But after awhile, Marvel just kind of gave up on them and had the Hulk depower them all except for She-Hulk during the Gerry Duggan run.

My question is, did you think this was a good idea for the Hulk comics to go with and you liked the characters, or did you think it was overblown and your glad it's just Bruce and Jennifer who can Hulk out?

My feelings on this era are kind of mixed: I liked most of the characters introduced, but I did think here were too many and that Marvel didn't know what to do with them after a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.