Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

what's the heaviest thing hulk has lifted?

• 143 results
    RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pyrogram: It goes both ways, Hulk has withstood blows from Miljonir but was knocked out by a gorilla. You need to take things in comics with a grain of salt. Also your comparison is not really good, the strongest people in the world can dead lift more than 1000 pounds but a 5 pound weight to the head would knock them out cold.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait... I just got Banes Joke....F*ck -_-

Can't believe I didn't see that.

Lmfao you fooool hahaha

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Good XD

How the heck am I a top poster on the Hulk boards and not the Thor? LOL

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RaynorJ

@pyrogram: You said Hulk can whistand the weight of a Star but the blows from Miljonir can hurt him. How much weight you can lift/hold is not relative to how much weight/force it takes to hurt you.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Pyrogram

@raynorj: That's illogical. The weight of a star makes a blow from Miljonir anywhere negligible.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#62 SC  Moderator

@pyrogram said:

I just find it funny. Hulk, lifting a star, supporting the weight of what, (let's say the star was the same as our sun) like over 95% or something of our solar system's mass....And a hammer blow from Thor hurts him.

Things like that make me lose faith in what writers are allowed to write. Feats can be so... Strange.

Well thats the thing about fiction. Maybe Hulk wasn't actually literally lifting the weight of a star, maybe because of the manufacture of Proxima Midnight's weapon was aided by a star and it has an ability to increase density, she alludes to Hulk having the weight of a star holding him down, maybe she was being literal and Hulk was resisting an entire literal star, maybe Hulk was experience internal pressures akin to a star and thats why there was no collateral damage to the surroundings since regardless of Hulk's strength, the ground under him would collapse if a star were pressing against it - unless Hulk can fly - and there are more alternatives to the one I mention, of both literal and hyperbolic persuasions and some may even overlap. From a language perspective, you can attribute the weight of something even when using a portion of the object. Especially uniform objects. Say I hooked a hose to the pacific ocean and sprayed it at a friend. I would be technically accurate telling him he is being held down by the pacific ocean even if it wasn't literally the entire thing. So depends on what the writer intends, depends on how ambiguous or specific a writer is, depends how readers interpret things.

A hammer blow from Thor could also hurt him. Aside from being fiction and characters serving the story (and the story serving the characters) considering Thor has similar outrageous feats of both a strength, speed and striking nature. A hammer blow from Thor has hurt Galactus. Both Hulk and Thor can be hurt by bullets and snakes one story, and then fight near abstract entities the next. Its why Thor can walk in the sun unharmed but also hurt by Hulk's fists too. Its why Hulk can hurt Hyperion who survives two universes ending beside him.

If it makes you lose faith, sure, I can see that, your preferences and I definitely agree feats can be strange heh heh. Personally I just shrug. I can like stories of both silly and realistic tone. Different strokes for different folks. To me things get strangest when fans start insisting their interpretation of a fake event is the right one, or their beliefs about a fake character are the right one.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: That's just me. Realism, I dunno. Ever since I started RPG'ing I just enjoy stories which path a way to a sense of verisimilitude, even though that term may not be correct in this instance, you understand what I mean :)

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Considering the smallest star known to us is only 16% bigger than Jupiter and considering Miljonir is capable of destroying planets and forcing beings like Galactus to flee, it's anything but illogical but i told you. Take things with a grain of salt. This guy SC has it right, enjoy both the realistic and the silly nature of comics, or don't. Your preference.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Pyrogram

@raynorj: The star in our solar system makes up and over of 95% of the entire mass of our solar system.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RaynorJ

@pyrogram: The star from which the weapon is made is not the Sun. Also the Sun makes up roughly 98% of our Solar System(not universe). Which is not hard to grasp considering the difference in mass and size of our Sun and the planets. And in this case size does matter compared to the mass because you could have our Sun be made out of nothing but bananas and the difference in weight between the real Sun and the one made out of bananas would be insignificant.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Pyrogram

@raynorj: The sun does not "make up" 98% of the space of our solar system - It holds 98% of the mass. Major difference. You obviously just Google searched that, hence your example makes no sense.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#68  Edited By SC  Moderator

@pyrogram: I love realism, but chances are there are things you enjoy which aren't applicable as far as reality. So then its about your (and everyones) individual perception of the realistic and fantastic.

Characters like Hulk and Thor are often intended to be fantastical characters in terms of powers and abilities, but they are also grounded by realism in the sense of their personality and character interactions. Hulk's anger and loneliness, his rage and sensitivity. The idea of helping those who shun him. Thor's arrogance and humility. His indulgence and fish out of water uniqueness. Contrast this to human characters whose powers and abilities are realistic but whose stories and accomplishments are fantastical, like Batman, or Finn the Human. Contrast this to characters like Craig Thompson from Blankets whose abilities are average and whose story is average and semi autobiographical… but whose artistic portrayal is extremely stylized and less realistic than the characters I mentioned before… and thats not to say its not okay for a person to not like the characters or stories I just mentioned above, thats fine too.

Also just depends on the viewer. If I wanted to, I could (and I think you could) probably find flaws (in the sense of accuracy and likeness to reality) to fiction that you find adequate in realism but we can also both chose whether it affects our enjoyment of the story and to what extent. For me I read a wide range of both fantastical and realistic stories and I can also usually find fantastic in both and realism in both (just by virtue of context) but yeah I understand what you mean, and thats good too, people should gravitate to stories and styles of writing that they enjoy and you have your niche defined it seems which is good. ^_^.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how the above scans are a feat for Hulk, I could have a car on me and I'd never be able to lift it, just because I didn't die doesn't mean I can lift a car.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I meant mass obviously it was a typo. I did Google search it, i did not know you where born with that knowledge instead of hearing/reading it randomly somewhere and remembering it. My example makes all the sense and you can check it all for accuracy fairly easily, what does not make sense is the fact that you relate how much weight someone can withstand to how much of a strong blow it takes to hurt him.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Pyrogram

@dondave: Because he's supporting the weight of the sun.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Pyrogram

@raynorj: I'm outta that convo. Think what you wanna think man.

@sc: I'm too tired right now to reply to that properly - But I agree with the general vibe.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: It's not about thinking, this is not an opinion based discussion. You stated something factually wrong and that's that(not that it matters really since Hulk has been heart by things much, MUCH weaker than Miljonir). But if you wanna be out, that's perfectly fine by me.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Pyrogram
    @raynorj said:

This is not an opinion based discussion.

Exactly. Then stop talking and listen to somebody who knows what there're talking about.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

It's more a durability feat than a strength feat. He wasn't lifting anything.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By UberHulk

@thitiki: The spear is holding him down with the weight of a star, it's the blade that cuts him (and later Hyperion). This is a sick feat on two levels because Hulk ONLY drops to his knees once Corvus Glaive slits his throat with a blade that cuts an not a molecular but an atom level. Proxima Midnight made him revert to Banner so he couldn't Hulk up and break free. It's probably the most extraordinary strength feat seen in Marvel or DC in the past 20 years and the most awe inspiring thing about it is this is Savage Hulk at BASE LEVEL. Can you imagine what Worldbreaker Hulk could do? Hulk is greatly underestimated, especially in battle forums. He IS the strongest there is and I don't know why that is still debated.

@z3ro180 Thanos didn't beat Thor to a pulp. He tanked his lightning. Mjlonir dropped Thanos, Thanos punched Thor to the ground but Thor was NOT HURT!

@raynorj This feat was a way of getting Hulk out of the picture so Hickman could make Thanos job to his son.

@jake_fury Most stars are bigger than Earth.

http://blogstronomy.blogspot.co.uk/2009/10/are-some-stars-bigger-than-earth.html

In fact, most stars are bigger than the Earth. The diagram below compares the size of our sun with the sizes of the other planets in our solar system. The sun is much bigger than the Earth, and it isn't even a particularly large star.

@pyrogram It's been a long time since a hammer blow from Thor hurt Hulk. See Feat itself. Hulk was written like a chump for years but not anymore.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Sure when i find that person because you don't know what you are talking about, not when you say silly things like holding the weight of a Star means the blow from Miljonir shouldn't hurt you, when the weight of the Star has nothing to do with the amount of impact Miljonir can deliver. Not to mention that these are all comics and Thor has been knocked out by a falling ship mast, Silver Surfer has been knocked out by a brick and Hulk has been strangled by a snake, so for the last time you should take each feat with a grain of salt.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@pyrogram: Sure when i find that person because you don't know what you are talking about, not when you say silly things like holding the weight of a Star means the blow from Miljonir shouldn't hurt you, when the weight of the Star has nothing to do with the amount of impact Miljonir can deliver. Not to mention that these are all comics and Thor has been knocked out by a falling ship mast, Silver Surfer has been knocked out by a brick and Hulk has been strangled by a snake, so for the last time you should take each feat with a grain of salt.

LOL

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've kinda lost the point of this thread with all the handbag throwing going on...what is the heaviest thing Hulk has lifted?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I think I'll stick to my supernatural and street levelers related books. They're much more realistic than this. :p

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

I don't see how the above scans are a feat for Hulk, I could have a car on me and I'd never be able to lift it, just because I didn't die doesn't mean I can lift a car.

Oh boy... and i thought Pyrogram was clueless about the things he was talking about. How can you even compare a car to the Sun.... Let's say you weigh 100 kilograms and the car would weigh about 1000 kilograms that seems like a big difference but let's compare the Hulk to something like our Sun so let's say at best Hulk weighs 1000 kilograms, the Sun weighs 1,988,920,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms. Do you even grasp the difference? Can you survive under 1/5 of the Suns weight? This is not Hulk holding the weight of a Tank, it's the weight of a STAR.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigtewell: I am not sure we would be able to see such tiny scans.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: I never said anything about size all I said was its weight. I mean the density of it is unbelievable

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigtewell: I understand, but we would need an electron microscope just to see the scans of it is all i am saying. So it's irrelevant if you post the scans even the FCC wouldn't bother censoring it.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigtewell: Well he is known for doing the incredible and impossible.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#90  Edited By blackspidey2099

@pyrogram said:

I love Spiderman. One thing I hate about his writers is that they always make him too weak for what his powers are. He can lift 25 tons yet struggles with people like Iron Man and Captain America? LOL That's straight BS. You could knock down a skyscraper with a finger flick/strong punch if you were strong enough to attack things with 25 tons, punching somebody multiple times in milliseconds would decimate them. But comics don't use logic >.>

My opinion! :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#93  Edited By Wolverine008

@pyrogram said:

@raynorj said:

@dondave said:

Oh boy... and i thought Pyrogram was clueless about the things he was talking about. How can you even compare a car to the Sun.... Let's say you weigh 100 kilograms and the car would weigh about 1000 kilograms that seems like a big difference but let's compare the Hulk to something like our Sun so let's say at best Hulk weighs 1000 kilograms, the Sun weighs 1,988,920,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms. Do you even grasp the difference? Can you survive under 1/5 of the Suns weight? This is not Hulk holding the weight of a Tank, it's the weight of a STAR.

You're an idiot.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Pyrogram

@raynorj: Said the guy who thought the sun took up 98% of the solar system. LOL Right.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I admit to not knowing the context, but based on those scans, it doesnt look like Hulk is lifting the weight of a star, but rather being effectively held down by the weight of a star. The difference would be that lifting it would mean it was within Hulks ability to lift, and it holding him down means that it is outside of his strength to lift it.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: It was a mistype i never meant that i already said that, but if it makes you feel better and plays to your ego, think whatever you want and try hard to forget what you said about holding the Sun and getting hurt by Miljonir :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: If it wasn't a mistype i wouldn't admit to it being wrong as soon as you pointed it out, the difference between a mistype and wrongful opinion is that you stick to you opinions until someone brings in factual evidence to prove it wrong and even than some stubborn people still stick to those. A mistype on the other hand is you telling me basically "hey you didn't say the word mass at the end of your sentence" and i replied you are right i mitsyped. But if you wanna go down that route "says the guy that thinks the Suns mass takes up more than 95% of the UNIVERSE. Was that a mistype or did you actually think our Suns mass takes up 95% of the entire universe? :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: You're not worth my time to read any of that, lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.