Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

What exactly would it take to kill the Hulk?

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CF12793

We all know he's about as durable as he is strong. which is about limitless. So what, if anything, would it take to obliterate the Hulk? Could anyone from the Marvel U actually do it? And what kind of impact would a blow to kill the Hulk have on the Earth?

pinso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pinso

i don't think anyone in Marvel Universe is capable of killing HULK, not THOR, SILVERSURFER, ODIN, SUPERMAN no any mutants, and certainly not JUGGERNAUT UUUUGGGGHHHHHHH. But it could be possible if all the superheroes and supervillians join forces then it could be done, but on a hand to hand combant their is no one, or he could die of old age though , his other half, i.e.,Bruce Banner.

Other thing, GOD could certainly kill HULK,,,,,

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Billy Batson

@pinso said:

i don't think anyone in Marvel Universe is capable of killing HULK, not THOR, SILVERSURFER, ODIN, SUPERMAN no any mutants, and certainly not JUGGERNAUT UUUUGGGGHHHHHHH. But it could be possible if all the superheroes and supervillians join forces then it could be done, but on a hand to hand combant their is no one, or he could die of old age though , his other half, i.e.,Bruce Banner.

Other thing, GOD could certainly kill HULK,,,,,

Didn't know Superman was from Marvel Universe.
    BB

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By cameron83

@pinso: Why can't odin take him?

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheDude123

A True Adamantium Sword and the element of surprise i.e. Headless-Hulk.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Aiden Cross

Zeus did ok :p

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Decapitation  
    Destruction of all of his body such as throwing him into the sun 
    Maybe ripping his heart out

pinso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pinso

@Billy Batson said:

Didn't know Superman was from Marvel Universe.
    BB

Sorry my bad, i wan't aware of that, Supes out of the question, i don't know about ODIN, ODIN being a God, wouldn't certainly not come in contact with him, he would be in another realm doing his godly business, wouldn't bother fighting with mere mortals no matter how excessively strong they are: since they are busy maintaing equilibrium in universe: and if they do face each other then i think Odin would use his powers to send HULK to another dimension, it would really be hard to compare a character who uses magic and godly powers subjectively to one who is human i.e., someone like Bruce banner, or his alter ego the HULK.

I take back my comment about ODIN who is a GOD.....yeah i think ODIN could take him out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@The Stegman said:

Decapitation Destruction of all of his body such as throwing him into the sun Maybe ripping his heart out

I'm not sure about decapitation but throwing him into the sun wouldn't work, nor would ripping his heart out.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

He can die from Spidermans or Deadpools lame jokes. That sounds like an idea. Someone needs to make that thread. "Who has the lamest jokes: Deadpool or SpiderMan". He is indestructible. Which should not be confused with "can not be beat'n". When the universe ends and there's no where else to go..... GalacticusHulk.... coming soon to a new universe near you. ....and yes I'd buy that comic.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By tomlikesfries

Galactus can take the Hulk.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kellar21

Decapitation may work,he do have crazy HF so it's debatable.

Using magic to remove his soul from the body.Powerful magic attacks that bypass his durability should work too(GR,Strange,Dormammu)

Vaporization or anything that destroys his whole body very quickly so his HF can't compensate.

Black Holes.

MAYBE putting a tree thrunk thorugh his chest,LOL worked one time.

Absorbing his energy and then damaging him until he runs out of gamma and killing him.

Desintegrate Banner.

There's more but those are some of the ways.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crom-Cruach

A writer who hates him enough to write him being killed off and enough pull at marvel to make it stick despite fandom outrage.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Raw_Material

@Crom-Cruach said:

A writer who hates him enough to write him being killed off and enough pull at marvel to make it stick despite fandom outrage.

I agree with Crom. Don't think anything can destroy the Hulk unless Mark Waid drops the title for a new writer to jump on board and obliterate the character, himself. If there was any scenerio to how his death would be like I think it will all come down to a single shot of antivirus serum. Just saying :)

gou10t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gou10t

@Kellar21 said:

Decapitation may work,he do have crazy HF so it's debatable.

Using magic to remove his soul from the body.Powerful magic attacks that bypass his durability should work too(GR,Strange,Dormammu)

Vaporization or anything that destroys his whole body very quickly so his HF can't compensate.

Black Holes.

MAYBE putting a tree thrunk thorugh his chest,LOL worked one time.

Absorbing his energy and then damaging him until he runs out of gamma and killing him.

Desintegrate Banner.

There's more but those are some of the ways.

Hulk unlimited, he can increase infinitely, but does not have..... infinite power. That right. Increasing your power by feeding off the forces of nature does not make you a God.

Energy happens over space and time no matter how small. There is no such thing as "instant force". There is an instant reaction to force but no such thing as "instant force".

Even the base wavelength requirement for Gamma Rays can be measured in nanometers. No how much power, you can always stick an amount to it. Having great power at any given time, no matter how great it , won't ever be infinite. There will always be an end point. Hulk has infinitely GROWING strength. "Infinite" has no end so Hulk will NEVER EVER EVER be able to reach the end of it. Hulk does not rely on power levels he has at any point in time. Hulk relies on the unlimited power that he can draw upon to can grow upon hitting his breaking-point-limit.

Energy intensity, how much energy per wavelength, is what matters. You can't have an infinite amount of force in one wave length all at one time. You can't have infinite power at one time and space. It's not possible unless you are God, Because God is omnipresent sentience/force with all the power of the universe at his command. With the omnipotent power of Go, no one, no matter how powerful, would be able to challenge you at any time.

No character is like that including Hulk. Hulk simply draws on the amount he needs, no matter how massive, at any given time. Hulk operates within the laws of possible science. No one character, no matter ho powerful, has all the power, all at once.

The superhumans of the Marvel Universe that are so powerful that call themselves and are worshiped as God(gods) don't truly live up to that title.

Galactus and the phoenix force are the energy devourers of the universe. Hulk is basically the same, but more down to earth and relateable unlike his fellow space-faring titans of destruction and life. Hulk is the "nuclear-man" of earth and Galaxy and Phoenix, less connected to humanity, take to the spaceways.

The Hulk Is.... INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Hulk's powerset works when met with strenuous or downright bad living conditions, and he can amp himself up to any amount because he draws upon ever-present and unending atomic energy of the universe.

The atomic energy of the universe is like Hulk's bank account that never runs out of funds. And no the Hulk never pays his bills late and he's got his account on automatic withdrawal.

No physical activity or interaction can put Hulk down.

Hulk's like a hydra. Destroy one and two have already taken it 's place. like I said before, Hulk relies on the unlimited power that he can draw upon to grow upon nearing his biological breaking-point-limit.

Hulk adds to the mass of his DNA/amino acids, geometrically multiplied to the same measure of stress, a new set of better ones suited for his current enviromental conditions. and from that he is always able to eventually form new protein sets, reforming his different specialized cells groups belonging to the different multicellular organ systems. Hulk does not go unaffected by any force, the protein structures of his body are subject to damage, but by growing a stronger set of genes in proportion to stress means that he can turn what would be significant or lethal into something superficial and nonlethal.The perfectly maintains his biological core,The DNA/amino acids, in any circumstance, having the universes' surrounding and endless atomic energy to draw upon in whatever amount necessary, making anything he faces look puny in comparison.

YOU can call it nothing more than plot device if want but that's how the characters was made. It's his origin. The Hulk is a Marvel original creation. Marvel earth's top combination of a "Nuclear-powered-man" and "Dr. Jekyl/Mr.Hyde". Being incredibly powerful while relateable to the average Joe is what makes Hulk great. Hulk is Bruce Banner's survival instinct in this harsh world(in body and mind), the inner child with temper a tantrum. Bruce Banner keeps the Hulk, his own emotion and natural instinct to survive, from spiraling out of control and causing mindless destruction. The Hulk is not simply a physical transformation for Bruce Banner but a state of mind as well that must be kept in check.

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Xorion

maybe just a puddle of water is enough you can't really know in these days

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By waezi2

A dum blotpoint

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGodofThunder

Is it a requirement to speak like Savage Hulk in this forum? There are several characters who could kill Hulk. Most definitely anyone Skyfather level. Everyone knows what Zeus did to Hulk. Thor, Silver Surfer, Odin, and despite not being Marvel, superman as another viner posted, could all kill Hulk. It all really just depends.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#19  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

nothing hes beast

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Squirrel Girl stomps all Hulks, at the same time, in less than 1 second... with both hands tied.

DwsPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DwsPrime

I was sitting here thinking about this and the normal few characters came to mind (the elite Cosmic creatures) but then I thought that doesn't really apply. Most of them are treated as forces of the entire universe. So saying any them is like saying 'gravity' or 'entropy'. If you really boil it down to fundamentally mortal characters, in other words they themselves could possibly be killed, we have a relative short list. I consider these only some of the few possible 'people' who could kill Hulk:

1. Hulk. If he really wanted to die he would jump into space and exhale or something else crazy. Maybe call Zeus a Mamma's boy.. lol.

2. Thor. Only because Maestro referred to Thor as lethal with Mjolnir though.

3. Strange. He could kill Hulk or Banner at any moment really.

4. Ghost Rider.

5. Scarlet Witch.

6. Any one who is strong willed enough to control The Destroyer armor (Dr Doom for example)

7. Franklin Richards

8. Thanos ( I know you guys are going to scream BUT in a life or death fight it really comes down to who is willing to kill. Hulk wouldn't give the killing blow but Thanos would. Thanos would start off being as lethal as possible. Plus, He has withstood just about every Cosmic entity and his strength is on par. I think he should be considered at least possible)

9. a 5 year old human child with the Ultimate Nullifier.

10. Blackbolt.

11. Vulcan

As to the OP's question, the 'blow' to Earth really would be them losing their trump card. Hulk IS the Marvel trump card. When the battle is lost, when all the hero's combined cant withstand something Hulk is always there to turn the tide.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Being thrown into a sun.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jobbernos

enchantress already killed hulk.

jasonred79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jasonred79

Gamma bomb at point blank kills the Maestro (UNDER SOME WRITERS)

under other writers gamma bomb at point blank only made him go angry IIRC?

Avatar image for worldbreakerhulk
    worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By worldbreakerhulk

many of these guys are talking about hulk partially. he is down-rated here

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By GunGunW

Gohan's Kamehameha that disintegrated Cell.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

No Thor gets beat up even by Spiderman these days. Blame Marvel. That's with SpiderMan even holding back.Sad because I love Thor.

Borg1of9SVG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Gamma Bomb only killed the Maestro because it was the same one that created him/Hulk (this is time travel, it's always confusing).

The Hulk is currently dead, Banner devised an arrow for Hawkeye that would be able to kill Banner should he start to Hulk-out again. I personally think that if Banner had the ability to do this, he should have also been able to create something that made a permanent separation, but I digress.

Back when he was alive, killing a raging Hulk through physical means would be a difficult task for most beings. It's tough enough just surviving for most. Not sure anyone outside of a cosmic level being would be able to do so, unless it was through magical/mystical means. Reality warpers should be able to, but I don't know if erasing from existence should be considered the same as killing.

I think it'd be far easier to kill Banner with a decimating attack, but it'd have to be potent enough to override Banner's changing.

Not sure physical force alone could do it.

SuperAbrasax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SuperAbrasax

A marketing disaster or loss of control over the IP, or anything like that which would make the character worthless to Marvel as a property. Otherwise, he will never die.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An arrow evidently. :)

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A gamma or a nuclear bomb will destroy him if he's right in the place of the blast, that's how Hulk killed the Maestro, who is far more powerful than him.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Underfire47

@wesat: It wont actually, Hulk has stood right next to a nuke, sometimes even on top of them and was fine. The reason why Maestro died to the nuke is because it was the nuke that specifically made him, so this time it unmade him, however on several other occasions even that nuke failed to kill regular Hulk

No Caption Provided

Funny enough during Indestructible Hulk when Hulk and Banner were hoping through time, they went back to the test site of the bomb that created the Hulk and this time it hit the Hulk and all it did was turn him into uber Hulk that kinda looks like Doomsday

The only version of Hulk that can not tank a nuke is Grey Hulk, everyone else from Savage Hulk to Professor Hulk to Green Scar have tanked nukes.

Avatar image for deactivated-6108c6c162ecc
    deactivated-6108c6c162ecc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A batarang

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.