What do people think about AoU Hulk?

• 111 results
#101 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterkungfu: of course Hulk should be the star but if RDJ or a super popular actor is going to be Ironman then Hulk will lose to Ironman. Even in the avengers movie, only people with good attention to detail could tell that the fight between Hulkbuster and Hulk wasn't a real fight and Ironman didn't actually "win" anything. The majority of people under 18 years old are running around saying Ironman is the best after that movie now. If they're going to make the Hulk scene so complex that only 10-15% of the audience realizes what's actually going on, it isn't worth it.

They're doing a fantastic 4 remake soon which looks terrible.. not sure why every single member of the team looks 15 years old. But I don't think a planet Hulk movie is a good idea as it is just going to embarrass and disrespect the Hulk more than already has been done.

#102 Posted by WastelandMan (8825 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him in it.

#103 Edited by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest: hulk just needs people to appreciate his solo movies and stories and maybe the character will end up more popular than RDJ and that he can't compete with.

I disagree with hulk getting further embarrassment. planet hulk is a good chance for hulk to shine and a movie going by the title of "World War" is bound to bring in many viewers. film makers should not be worrying about popularity of heroes unless they have to due to character stats etc

#104 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterkungfu: I agree that planet hulk is a good chance for him to shine but what makes you think they're going to let Hulk win if Hulkbuster and RDJ are going to be in the same movie? They wanted to portray Ironman as equal to Thor in avengers 1. They wanted to portray him as equal to Hulk in AOU.

#105 Posted by arthurkerr (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest: a planet hulk / world war hulk movie is gonna and should make hulk the star..... not RDJ in hulkbuster.

only time will tell if MCU plans to introduce more characters into the cinematic universe or buys the rights to x-men and fantastic 4 for a WWH showdown

Not so sure about Planet Hulk because it would seem more a rip off of John Carter Of Mars. Awesome movie by the way hope thy make a two.

World War hulk I never read it just did not look all that good hero vs hero type of thing I hate.

#106 Edited by arthurkerr (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

Why they did not go with the last Hulk movie where he learned to control himself . That was a great movie or so I thought. He was just becoming a hero trusted by Ross. I mean what else could you ask for.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
#107 Posted by UnderdogSupporter (468 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest: The current situation with Hulk in the MCU isn't promising but I don't believe we should simply give up hope yet unless Marvel does something completely unforgivable to the character such that fans and audiences wouldn't be excited to see him let alone acknowledge him any more.

#108 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@underdogsupporter: my prediction is even if they go through with a planet Hulk movie they will have him defeated by Ironman in the end. After all I don't remember a hulkbuster ever knocking out Hulk, even a calm Hulk

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
#109 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2413 posts) - - Show Bio

well, fortunately for me, i didn't go to the cinema to watch avengers age of ultron movie.

#110 Posted by Bezza (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather not be dragged back into an endless Thor v Hulk debate, said enough on that subject. As for a Planet Hulk/WW Hulk movie, yes please.

#111 Posted by haza96 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see marvel doing a planet hulk movie, I think hulk would be good if he was used in other characters movies

#112 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza: I wasn't trying to say anything about Hulk vs. Thor I was pointing out that in the avengers movies it seems like they want Iron man to outclass both Hulk and Thor. A planet hulk movie is bound to have a new hulkbuster in it and if marvel is going to behave the same way they currently do.. they might make hulkbuster beat Hulk somehow even though that would never happen realistically

#113 Posted by Bezza (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza: I wasn't trying to say anything about Hulk vs. Thor I was pointing out that in the avengers movies it seems like they want Iron man to outclass both Hulk and Thor. A planet hulk movie is bound to have a new hulkbuster in it and if marvel is going to behave the same way they currently do.. they might make hulkbuster beat Hulk somehow even though that would never happen realistically

Think it depends on whether RDJ is still Iron Man by then. If its a different actor, I see Hulk winning. Iron Man is actually a favourite Marvel character of mine (below Hulk of course), but he does seem to be in a higher power class relative to the other big hitters in the MCU than he should be.....

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
#114 Posted by UnderdogSupporter (468 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk deserves better than this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.