What do people think about AoU Hulk?

• 111 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
#1 Edited by deactivated-5a39006e28280 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else think they should have a new version of Hulk called Gorilla Hulk after seeing the film? I mean WTF were they thinking?

Discuss....

#2 Posted by DragonValkyrie (164 posts) - - Show Bio

he wasn't that impressive. he got his tooth knocked out and got beat by the hulkbuster. i actually loved how he acted ape-like since he isnt that intelligent, but i can see why people wouldnt like it.

#3 Posted by Moul (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

@shamshi: I think he was okay. I mean, it's the Avengers movie and he's the big guy of the team. Plus, I loved Banner\Ruffalo so much

#4 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder what's going to happen to him now that he's on the run

Avatar image for worldbreakerhulk
#5 Posted by worldbreakerhulk (378 posts) - - Show Bio

it was terrible, i mean......no ground smash? no thunderclap? what kind of hulk play is that? in aou, he was just a pet barking and avengers were like good doggy.....in the and when he took off, he looked smart as he figured out how to disconnect the communication system. i wonder where he flew..

#6 Posted by rogueshadow (29466 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I keep waiting for Hulk to actually start speaking and sh*t, it's pretty annoying.

#7 Posted by worldbreakerhulk (378 posts) - - Show Bio

we have thanos since 2012 as a top guy, the most formidable foe in phase 3. everyone fears him, struggles to be prepared when he comes. so.......world's heroes will manage to take him down eventually.and then in phase 4 , we'll need another pissed off villain who'll have freakingly enormous power. again....hulk'll be another foe who's arrival(from sakaar) will be expected for years and........as we have infinity war now, then we'll have world war hulk. what do you think guys????

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
#8 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2412 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldbreakerhulk: he is more powerful than other hulk's from 2003 to 2012. do you think they will make planet hulk movie. or is he going to join guidance of the galaxy ?

#9 Posted by Moul (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldbreakerhulk: I think after Thanos we will see others big villains. If you think about it has sense, I mean......

1) Loki

2) Ultron

3) Thanos

4) Galactus

5) David Goyer

#11 Posted by bonifidehustla (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldbreakerhulk: he is more powerful than other hulk's from 2003 to 2012. do you think they will make planet hulk movie. or is he going to join guidance of the galaxy ?

Naw I dont think he's more powerful than his solo movie versions. Especially letting somebody control him most of the time in comics and i know in cartoons. Whoever tries to control him gets hell because he turns on them and beat them down. I guess they cant show Hulk beat up a girl.

#12 Posted by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the scenes with Hulk thought they used him a lot without over using him. Was he super intelligent? No but he's not exactly stupid (especially at the end) either.

#13 Edited by Loki9876 (3366 posts) - - Show Bio

What are you talking about, the Hulk is portrayed a lot like this in the comics, sometimes he's smarter, sometimes he's like this. If they will make a planet hulk film they should make him smarter, though. I could see it playing out like Caesar in Planet of the apes.

#14 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2412 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla: he is more powerful than the other hulk. the fight between hulk and iron man was devastating in the sense that hulk was shrugging off iron man's punches. hulk didn't bleed at all, well they made iron man win due to popularity. i knew iron man was going to win right from the start. i wonder why joss whedon ro kelvin fiege usually favor iron man when it comes down to fighting either thor or hulk. i swear hulk should be able to win easily. hulk has faced world war hulk buster and still won, yet they made iron man knock him out. well, i guess may be they are using the classic hulk vs hulk buster iron man where iron man won. lol

#15 Posted by Loki9876 (3366 posts) - - Show Bio

@medulaoblaganda: There was an explanation, he wasn't being controlled by Scarlet Witch anymore so, he calmed down and was confused, then he got knocked out.

#16 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2412 posts) - - Show Bio

@loki9876: so did iron man actually defeated hulk or what?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#17 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

He was underused honestly and he definitely lacked the WOW moments from the first Avengers movie. I remember when the first one came out he basically stole the show with entire crowds standing up and clapping at certain scenes. But here he really had no such moment and he felt more like an outsider to his team in this one then any other.

#18 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk was bad in this, he was much better in AV1

#19 Posted by theacidskull (22035 posts) - - Show Bio

He was underused honestly and he definitely lacked the WOW moments from the first Avengers movie. I remember when the first one came out he basically stole the show with entire crowds standing up and clapping at certain scenes. But here he really had no such moment and he felt more like an outsider to his team in this one then any other.

Well, thats in many ways "in-character" for Hulk, to be an outsider and etc. And given what happened in the Hulk Vs Hulkbuster Iron man fight, it makes sense.

#20 Posted by bonifidehustla (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow so he didnt do his signature Clap. Well thats just stupid I would think he would use it against a whole bunch of Ultrons coming around him.

#21 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla: Nope, never used it.

@theacidskull: That's true, but as far as the Avengers movie goes he is suppose to feel like part of the team. You know the whole gathering of Earths mightiest heroes fight a threat no single person could? There where a lot of team moments and beautiful cooperation between everyone but Hulk was always kinda left out.

Him feeling like an outsider should only happen once they are done with the mainstream Avengers stuff and perhaps they decide to go for the Planet Hulk approach, but here it felt really weird and out of place it's like the character digressed since the first Avengers movie.

#22 Posted by theacidskull (22035 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla: Nope, never used it.

@theacidskull: That's true, but as far as the Avengers movie goes he is suppose to feel like part of the team. You know the whole gathering of Earths mightiest heroes fight a threat no single person could? There where a lot of team moments and beautiful cooperation between everyone but Hulk was always kinda left out.

Him feeling like an outsider should only happen once they are done with the mainstream Avengers stuff and perhaps they decide to go for the Planet Hulk approach, but here it felt really weird and out of place it's like the character digressed since the first Avengers movie.

Honestly, I think that was intentional. I mean, the way Hulk takes off with the jet leaves some strong implications. Then mark and the other guys implied that there may be solo plans for the Hulk.

Ho'd you enjoy the Hulk Vs Iron Man Fight?

#23 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Yea but the jet is taking him back to home base and by the time he reaches it he will turn to Banner, so he is not going anywhere soon.

It was ok, they gave HB too much credit to be honest especially at the end. It's obvious they only did it because of how popular Iron Man is, he is the star of these movies and pretty much the main character.

#24 Posted by theacidskull (22035 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Yea but the jet is taking him back to home base and by the time he reaches it he will turn to Banner, so he is not going anywhere soon.

It was ok, they gave HB too much credit to be honest especially at the end. It's obvious they only did it because of how popular Iron Man is, he is the star of these movies and pretty much the main character.

He never went back to the base, which is pretty apparent with how widow is all sad and sh*t. Hulk took off to god knows where, and they basically confirmed a solo.

Hulk was dominating most of the fight and his efforts were null most of the time. In the end, a skyscraper snapped hulk out of the mind-control face, he calmed down, and IM cheap shotted him. That's the best way the could have done it.

#25 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Well once he reverts to Banner he will just go back with them, how did they confirm a solo?

I know i still say Hulk was tearing HB apart and if the fight had gone any longer Tony would have lost. Still there where other ways they could have done it, Hulk could have just calmed down then and there after seeing all the devastation and feeling sad from it. There where plenty of ways they could have ended it, i am not sure they picked the best one.

#26 Posted by theacidskull (22035 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Well once he reverts to Banner he will just go back with them, how did they confirm a solo?

I know i still say Hulk was tearing HB apart and if the fight had gone any longer Tony would have lost. Still there where other ways they could have done it, Hulk could have just calmed down then and there after seeing all the devastation and feeling sad from it. There where plenty of ways they could have ended it, i am not sure they picked the best one.

Saw an interview with Ruffalo on CBM.

It wasn't the best way, but given Toni's popularity, I guess it was the best in the worst cases.

#27 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I think i know what interview you are talking about, but that interview has been later shut down, Marvel/Disney doesn't have the rights to a solo Hulk film, Universal does. Both Mark and Joss and some others have stated this is what's holding back Hulk the most and we know we wont get a new Hulk movie before 2019 if ever.

#28 Posted by theacidskull (22035 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I think i know what interview you are talking about, but that interview has been later shut down, Marvel/Disney doesn't have the rights to a solo Hulk film, Universal does. Both Mark and Joss and some others have stated this is what's holding back Hulk the most and we know we wont get a new Hulk movie before 2019 if ever.

It's not impossible to take the rights back, I mean, stranger things have happened. Neither can make the movie without the other so, that's like keeping a snack from others while you don't eat it yourself.

#29 Edited by Bezza (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

Just back from Avengers Age of Ultron. Great film, but disappointed somewhat with Hulk's role this time around. The fight with Iron Man will still pretty impressive, but of course RDJ's Iron Man has to have the final word. I felt the same when Thor and Iron Man fought in the first Avengers movie. Also, we now have four movie appearances by the Hulk and only one, the otherwise fairly tame Incredible Hulk 2008 has featured the signature hand clap. Bit poor really.

#30 Posted by worldbreakerhulk (378 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think hulk was knocked out by hulkbuster in the end. Movie does not show hulk lying on the ground unconscious

#31 Posted by Loki9876 (3366 posts) - - Show Bio

@medulaoblaganda: Yeah, he did but onlydue to these circumstances, otherwhise he would have lost.

#32 Edited by IAmTheLaw (885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk loses to Iron Man? Wow.. that's annoying, regardless of circumstances. It also seemed like Iron Man was hitting harder in the first clip they showed, which mildly annoyed me.. If Stark can cleanly beat Hulk, his role on the team is absolutely pointless. Both Thor and Stark are more powerful and easier to control then a mindless rage machine that's easily manipulated.

#33 Posted by The_Kidd (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate how he got knock out by a sucker punch just for the lulz instead of reverting back into Banner after he saw all the destruction.

#34 Posted by Oscars94 (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked how the Hulkbuster actually beat him. They said Banner and Stark designed it. That's important. Also Hulk was confused after Wanda's hexing wore off that's why he was calming down and eventually lost.

#35 Posted by The_Kidd (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94 said:

I liked how the Hulkbuster actually beat him. They said Banner and Stark designed it. That's important. Also Hulk was confused after Wanda's hexing wore off that's why he was calming down and eventually lost.

Good point.

#36 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk loses to Iron Man? Wow.. that's annoying, regardless of circumstances. It also seemed like Iron Man was hitting harder in the first clip they showed, which mildly annoyed me.. If Stark can cleanly beat Hulk, his role on the team is absolutely pointless. Both Thor and Stark are more powerful and easier to control then a mindless rage machine that's easily manipulated.

Not true actually, Hulk still has the better striking feat than Iron Man not to mention that he destroyed HB suit and Tony needed to repair mid battle several times. So going by that Hulk actually won the fight early one when he destroyed one of his arms completely. Secondly your other statement makes no sense, what purpose do Cap, Black Widow and Hawkeye have if others are so much more powerful? Hulk is still physically the strongest one in the team, there is no doubt about that.

#37 Posted by bonifidehustla (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Not true actually, Hulk still has the better striking feat than Iron Man not to mention that he destroyed HB suit and Tony needed to repair mid battle several times. So going by that Hulk actually won the fight early one when he destroyed one of his arms completely. Secondly your other statement makes no sense, what purpose do Cap, Black Widow and Hawkeye have if others are so much more powerful? Hulk is still physically the strongest one in the team, there is no doubt about that.

I get what he's saying. They make Iron Man like a god in the movies. I bet money he would beat Thor in a fight too. I can't comment on the Cap, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. I'm not really a fan of humans. I know you get what he's saying about the mind control thing. If he can be easily mind controlled and destroy and harm innocents I wouldnt want him on a team. Then again I never like Hulk on the team since they always trying to control him.

#38 Edited by worldbreakerhulk (378 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk will be smarter in upcoming movies , i assume

#39 Posted by IAmTheLaw (885 posts) - - Show Bio

@teh_pwnerer said:

I get what you're saying about Hulk technically winning, if the armor wasn't repaired. That being said, it doesn't really appear (from the description) that Iron Man was ever in real danger. I get the ending based purely on circumstances, but they should have at least gave Hulk a moment where he clearly had the upper hand. I was watching the Hulk vs Hulkbuster clip on Youtube and everyone was saying "Hulkbuster >> Hulk". In my mind, as a Hulk fan, that should just not happen.

Captain America is the tactical leader of the team. Black Widow and Hawkeye are both super spy's that can end a conflict before it begins. Thor has a great AOE attack, and doesn't seem to be anywhere near as susceptible to being controlled as Hulk. Even Hulk does serve a purpose, but he's not "needed" like he appeared to be in the first film. *Note* - this is all assumptions, as I've never actually seen the movie. I just needed to vent a little bit, after hearing that Hulk lost the fight.

#40 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge said:
@teh_pwnerer said:

I get what you're saying about Hulk technically winning, if the armor wasn't repaired. That being said, it doesn't really appear (from the description) that Iron Man was ever in real danger. I get the ending based purely on circumstances, but they should have at least gave Hulk a moment where he clearly had the upper hand. I was watching the Hulk vs Hulkbuster clip on Youtube and everyone was saying "Hulkbuster >> Hulk". In my mind, as a Hulk fan, that should just not happen.

Captain America is the tactical leader of the team. Black Widow and Hawkeye are both super spy's that can end a conflict before it begins. Thor has a great AOE attack, and doesn't seem to be anywhere near as susceptible to being controlled as Hulk. Even Hulk does serve a purpose, but he's not "needed" like he appeared to be in the first film. *Note* - this is all assumptions, as I've never actually seen the movie. I just needed to vent a little bit, after hearing that Hulk lost the fight.

How do you mean it doesn't appear that he was in real danger? At the beginning Hulk took out one of his arms, if he literally aimed a few inches to the right he would have killed Tony himself. There was even a point in the fight where Tony looks at Hulk and says "oh crap" when he saw he couldn't knock him out with his best punch. There was also a moment in the fight where Tony tried to get an entire new Hulkbuster suit that Hulk literally one shoted. I really don't care what people say on the youtube comments i saw people saying that Superman is scared of Batman based on a 2 second clip they have together which makes no sense, so people can say what they want i still have facts to back up my claims.

Actually if it where not for Hulk, Ultron would have escaped at the end of the movie, so he was definitely needed. And again he is the strongest and most durable guy on the team, there is no doubt about that.

#41 Posted by IAmTheLaw (885 posts) - - Show Bio

^ I'm happy to hear about all that. I really should watch the clip for myself before venting.

Great replies m8.

#42 Posted by HaveAtThee (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like the Thor/Iron Man fight where Thor technically looks the stronger, more formidable character out of the two, but the scene is written in a way where Iron Man looks "cooler." The RDJ effect.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
#43 Posted by Sophisticated_Ignorance (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

@teh_pwnerer said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@teh_pwnerer said:

How do you mean it doesn't appear that he was in real danger? At the beginning Hulk took out one of his arms, if he literally aimed a few inches to the right he would have killed Tony himself. There was even a point in the fight where Tony looks at Hulk and says "oh crap" when he saw he couldn't knock him out with his best punch. There was also a moment in the fight where Tony tried to get an entire new Hulkbuster suit that Hulk literally one shoted. I really don't care what people say on the youtube comments i saw people saying that Superman is scared of Batman based on a 2 second clip they have together which makes no sense, so people can say what they want i still have facts to back up my claims.

Actually if it where not for Hulk, Ultron would have escaped at the end of the movie, so he was definitely needed. And again he is the strongest and most durable guy on the team, there is no doubt about that.

Hulk may be the strongest as he has the best striking feats, but Thors durability feats eclipse Hulks. Thor survived an exploding city.We haven't seen Hulk survive anything like that.

#44 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophisticated_ignorance: Can you show me that any of the explosion from the city actually even hit Thor? We know Hulk had a whole building dropped on his head, but we never see any of the explosion actually hit Thor. And i really doubt someone who bled from Hulks punch, got stabbed by Loki and jumped out of the way of bullets is gonna have better durability then Hulk. The explosion from the city wasn't really as much of an explosion as it was the city just falling apart and crumbling in the air.

#45 Posted by bonifidehustla (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophisticated_ignorance: Can you show me that any of the explosion from the city actually even hit Thor? We know Hulk had a whole building dropped on his head, but we never see any of the explosion actually hit Thor. And i really doubt someone who bled from Hulks punch, got stabbed by Loki and jumped out of the way of bullets is gonna have better durability then Hulk. The explosion from the city wasn't really as much of an explosion as it was the city just falling apart and crumbling in the air.

Hell in Thor 2 he got his ass whooped by Kurse. He literally stood no chance. Now I'm trying to remember how he won the fight. I know it wasnt fair.

#46 Posted by Bezza (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge:

Well said (both your last two posts), a number of people on here talking nonsense who haven't seen the film. I have (like you) and it was engineered so IM got the technical KO at the end when Hulk had calmed down after escaping from the mind control. It was annoying that Hulk took so many hits from IM and was smacked about a lot, but as you say, he wrecked one Hulk Buster suit and another one had to be "flown in". Maybe if reserve HulkBuster suits had been around in WWH, that little encounter would have lasted longer.

As for Thor having better durability don't make me laugh! As you say, Hulk had an entire skyscraper collapse on him and still got up unscathed, what did Thor do in either Avengers movie which matched up to that? As you say, he was diving from bullets in the first movie. Sure, Thor has power, but the producers IMO have twice now made it obvious that they consider Hulk the strongest, most hard to put down of all.....

#47 Edited by Sophisticated_Ignorance (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla said:
@atheistknowledge said:

Hell in Thor 2 he got his ass whooped by Kurse. He literally stood no chance. Now I'm trying to remember how he won the fight. I know it wasnt fair.

Jesus Hulk fan boys....

How the hell could the explosion NOT hit Thor when he was at the center of the explosion point? You didn't see him fly off, he didn't escape, he was sent crashing into the sea.

Thor took a punch from Hulk, and smiled, you barely even saw any blood.

Loki stabbed Thor with what was more than likely an Asgardian dagger, if that was a human dagger it would of just broke off Thors skin, in the comics weapons from Asgard can hurt Asgardians the same way human made weapons can hurt/kill us so clearly the same thing goes for the Movies.

He dodged bullets, so what? Just because he can take bullets doesn't mean hes just going to stand there. Getting hit with paintball bullets wouldn't severally hurt you but if you saw it coming and you knew you could avoid it...wouldn't you? Just for the record he got tagged in AoU with machine gun fire and seemed perfectly fine after.

Kurse is at base level twice as strong as Thor and at his strongest four times stronger than him in the comics, so again, this was simply translated in the movie, how do people not realize this? Kurse would of annihilated Hulk the exact same way.

#48 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk got dominated that whole fight.

And it's not Hulkbuster, it's Veronica.

#49 Posted by bonifidehustla (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus Hulk fan boys....

How the hell could the explosion NOT hit Thor when he was at the center of the explosion point? You didn't see him fly off, he didn't escape, he was sent crashing into the sea.

Loki stabbed Thor with what was more than likely an Asgardian dagger, if that was a human dagger it would of just broke off Thors skin, in the comics weapons from Asgard can hurt Asgardians the same way human made weapons can hurt/kill us so clearly the same thing goes for the Movies.

He dodged bullets, so what? Just because he can take bullets doesn't mean hes just going to stand there. Getting hit with paintball bullets wouldn't severally hurt you but if you saw it coming and you knew you could avoid it...wouldn't you? Just for the record he got tagged in AoU with machine gun fire and seemed perfectly fine after.

Kurse is at base level twice as strong as Thor and at his strongest four times stronger than him in the comics, so again, this was simply translated in the movie, how do people not realize this? Kurse would of annihilated Hulk the exact same way.

So its ok to bring out the comic power level of Kurse but not the comic power of Hulk ok...You might as well stop using comics and judge it based on the movies alone. You see you said Loki stabbed Thor but remember Hulk wrecked Loki. Since you quoted me did i ever say Thor or Hulk was the toughest? So before you troll look at what I say. I simply stated a fact Thor had to cheat to be Kurse.

#50 Edited by Sophisticated_Ignorance (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla said:
@sophisticated_ignorance said:

Jesus Hulk fan boys....

So its ok to bring out the comic power level of Kurse but not the comic power of Hulk ok...You might as well stop using comics and judge it based on the movies alone. You see you said Loki stabbed Thor but remember Hulk wrecked Loki. Since you quoted me did i ever say Thor or Hulk was the toughest? So before you troll look at what I say. I simply stated a fact Thor had to cheat to be Kurse.

EVERY villan/hero in the MCU is toned down except Cap. Kurse wasn't as powerful as his comic version but neither is Thor or Hulk. Movie Kurse wrecked Thor and would wreck MCU Hulk same way his comic self would wreck them two. Hulk would have had to cheat too otherwise he would of been killed. Is that so hard to understand? And that dagger would of been able to penetrate Hulk too if it was able to penetrate Thor, lets not pretend Thor couldn't wreck Loki the same way he wrecked Frost Giants and The Destroyer, the difference is Loki is his brother so he cares about so he holds back when fighting him, the same way Thor held back against Hulk in the Hellicarrier. Hulk obviously gives no fuck about Loki so he fucked him up relentlessly.

Also please look up the definition of trolling, it wasn't like I was specifically targeting you, infact my post was aimed more at @atheistknowledge than you so quit being so sensitive.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.