Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Underrated Hulk

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silverlord90

You might say i'm a Hulk Fanboy, but i'm not, i just took interest in him in the few weeks, i mean i know for a long time, but what i knew about him was not much and now that i know a few more thing i see that he is very underrated not just in CV but in every other forum. I used to be a DC fan their storylines are just so bad now, way too unbelievable even for a comic.

Recently i been searching for some Hulk comics and doing a minor research here (i cant recall them, tho.) and i found out that he is very powerfull, so how come everyone thinks that even Wonder Woman can beat him?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

You believe that DC has gotten worse since the reboot? mmmm....o.O

As far as the Hulk goes...it's hard to talk about him since I cared about his character so much when I was growing up but the whole "I can't control myself", "i'm a monster"..."i just want to live in peace" thing as gotten so old. His character has just become so stale to me even though Planet Hulk was a nice change. ( I wish he was written in more stories like that)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Cause Hulk is slow as sh*t. He has trouble regularly tagging street level characters like Wolverine and Spider-Man for example but whenever they put him against a person in his strength class with super speed they make his fast opponent fight like a moron, forgetting they actually have super speed or other powers and engage in a straight up strength fight when they should be able to beat him. Wonder Woman is as strong if not stronger, durable enough to take a plethora of his hits and is much faster and a hell of a better fighter and smarter. You take away the CIS that plagues the Hulk's opponents out of the fight and he doesn't stand much of a chance against DC's heavy hitters like WW, Superman, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, Green Lanterns etc. People aren't underrating him against the DC opponents, people that actually think he stands a legit chance based on CIS/WIS/PIS showings are overrating him.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

I like Hulk but I find him overrated.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

I think he's overrated, actually. He has/can take on some of the biggest heavy hitters of the MU, and for the ones he can't take on, he at least goes down fighting. As for the stories, I find him very bland. I agree in the above post that he should be written like Planet Hulk more of the time.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Super_Gui_1

@god_spawn said:

Cause Hulk is slow as sh*t. He has trouble regularly tagging street level characters like Wolverine and Spider-Man

He can be very fast (not superspeed but above anything a peak human could do), writter just use his main power like it's the only thing he has. Him not just finishing any street level with a thunderclap is simply because there wouldn't be much of a plot otherwise. + writters lovel to use hulk to make their character look good.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@TheAcidSkull: And where is your proof that I am incorrect? Compared to the likes of Wonder Woman he is slow no matter how little superspeed he has. Hulk's best reflex feat is basically catching a tank shell out of mid-air. He has displayed nothing in the nanosecond reaction times like the characters Silver Surfer, Superman, Wonder Woman etc have. He has potential for limitless strength. He has to get that angry in the first place. If he was so limitless ALL the time, he would never lose cause he would just heal and punch things which isn't true at all or people like Rulk and Silver Surfer would have drained him. Hulk has been KO'd before by people far less than Wonder Woman, he was even almost killed by the Silver Surfer in 3 hits who was cut off bt the power cosmic except for his strength. There is no reason he should actually beat Wonder Woman, he can't hit her, she is strong enough to knock him out and she is a much better fighter.

@Super_Gui_1: I know, my point was he is slow as dirt compared to WW type characters. That is a lame excuse to be honest, he doesn't use a t-clap 24/7. That still doesn't change any fact he has hard time hitting street level characters and there are plenty of writers who dumb other characters down so they contend with Hulk because they would be too fast or versatile otherwise.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@TheAcidSkull: I'm not saying WW can defeat him in one punch and half of those feats are irrelevant. The asteroid was a durability feat, he had to be launched using a special machine, he was a giant bullet. The sinking the Eastern Seaboard was because of the gamma energy he was releasing, not purely strength. Cyclops also broke Onslaught's armor as did Thor, impressive? Not really. Beating a team of X-men that are leagues weaker than him and really no physical threat, impressive? Not at all and considering none of the X-men's heavy hitters were there and funny how Wolverine was the one who actually did the most damage. Running at speeds of 330 mph compared to Wonder Woman who has ran along side speedsters and can fly faster than light speeds is absolutely nothing and leaping miles doesn't count as combat speed. Just because he has strength doesn't mean anything if he can't hit his opponent which here he can't.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@TheAcidSkull: It really wasn't all that impressive. The fact no one could really hurt him doesn't make it so. People that could actually beat him suffered some form of plot problem. Juggernaut was hurting him but was allowed to slip by but didn't bother coming back, Iron Man, nanites sabotaged. Sentry wanted to get beat up but just get a chance to let go, Zom Strange was about to kill him but stopped and Hulk beat him, Hercules didn't fight back even though Banner said he was one of the only people who could have stopped him and Ghost Rider was about to go all out then just left everyone else couldn't beat him or hurt him. He was a bullet, it's like Superman busting the shadow moon, he was going lightspeed then slowed to just under to gain infinite mass and drill through it. It's a durability feat more than a strength one.

Fair enough.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@TheAcidSkull: Could have easily just sent me a reply so I could see this. I don't mind Hulk at all. I don't like people overrating him then complaining about DC characters beating him when all Hulk really has is strength and durability to contend with them, but lacks the speed they do to beat them.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@god_spawn said:

Cause Hulk is slow as sh*t. He has trouble regularly tagging street level characters like Wolverine and Spider-Man for example but whenever they put him against a person in his strength class with super speed they make his fast opponent fight like a moron, forgetting they actually have super speed or other powers and engage in a straight up strength fight when they should be able to beat him. Wonder Woman is as strong if not stronger, durable enough to take a plethora of his hits and is much faster and a hell of a better fighter and smarter. You take away the CIS that plagues the Hulk's opponents out of the fight and he doesn't stand much of a chance against DC's heavy hitters like WW, Superman, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, Green Lanterns etc. People aren't underrating him against the DC opponents, people that actually think he stands a legit chance based on CIS/WIS/PIS showings are overrating him.

Hulk might be slow, but has tremendously fast reflexes.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Petey_is_Spidey: Which are not nanosecond so it's irrelevant.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@god_spawn said:

@Petey_is_Spidey: Which are not nanosecond so it's irrelevant.

He has landed hits on Silver Surfer, who is in my opinion faster than flash.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Petey_is_Spidey: When Surfer isn't moving that fast if at all and Surfer has already grabbed Hulk's fists out of midair with ease and back hand him and almost killed him with 3 hits, none of which Hulk was able to react to. Hulk has a hard enough time trying to hit Spider-Man and people expect him to hit Wonder Woman? Please.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@god_spawn said:

@Petey_is_Spidey: When Surfer isn't moving that fast if at all and Surfer has already grabbed Hulk's fists out of midair with ease and back hand him and almost killed him with 3 hits, none of which Hulk was able to react to. Hulk has a hard enough time trying to hit Spider-Man and people expect him to hit Wonder Woman? Please.

But your expecting WW to speedblitz Hulk. That's not her fighting style.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Petey_is_Spidey: I never said she had to. She has faster combat reflexes than Superman who has nanosecond reaction feats. Wonder Woman can stand there with Hulk and she will block, counter, or dodge every single hit Hulk tries or get off more hits than he will which he can't react to.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Super_Gui_1

@god_spawn said:

@Super_Gui_1: I know, my point was he is slow as dirt compared to WW type characters. That is a lame excuse to be honest, he doesn't use a t-clap 24/7. That still doesn't change any fact he has hard time hitting street level characters and there are plenty of writers who dumb other characters down so they contend with Hulk because they would be too fast or versatile otherwise.

Yet people always use abilties are able to use but almost never do (speedblitz), so I don't really see the point.

@god_spawn said:

Well him grabbing him and ripping spidey in two never was much fun for spiderman fan to it's pretty obvious.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Super_Gui_1: As I told the last guy, I'm not talking about them speedblitzing Hulk. Superman or Wonder Woman or Silver Surfer could just stand in front of Hulk and lay off plenty of more hits and have time to counter, block, or dodge his without any plot hindrance. Their overall speed, not just speedblitzing, is far greater than his.

It's obvious he has a hard time hitting them. Spider-Man has already admitted he sees Hulk's hits in slow motion anyways. I can easily say the same though for Hulk fans, no fun watching Thor wreck him with more powerful abilities or no fun watching Silver Surfer smash him with strength alone which he almost did or blast him to bits. If it weren't for plot armor against those two, he would have been dead long time ago.

ProfessorMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ProfessorMario

The Green Scar really needs to appear more often. He was the one thing that actually reinvigorated my love for the Hulk in recent years. Sure, Savage Hulk can learn a decent amour of knowledge, but the Green Scar took full advantage of his knowledge, skills, strength, and most of all, the freedom to do what he wanted instead of getting flamed by Bruce and other heroes. I especially loved the partnership with Bruce while being the Green Scar as well.

TINTINSHAWS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TINTINSHAWS

@god_spawn: why do u hate hulk?

ino you said you didnt before but thats not how its coming across, and could people stop debating hulk vs wonderwoman plz if your curious make a battle thing. but i agree with hulk being underated and stuff, he was able to do pretty epic things even early onish likewhen he went to asgard It actually kind of pisses me off when people put his feats and acomplishments down to plot devices or PIS. Savage hulk could take out spider-man because spidermans not strong enough to hurt him and wolverines just hard to kill because of his nearly UNBREAKABLE skeleton and healing ability.

The green scar is a beast and if some people think that hes weak just because he's a hulk then you dont know much. hulk took out fantastic 4, has been a threat to the avengers numerous times before he turned green scar, and in wwh no-one in X-men could stop him physicaly except juggernaut but that battle was never properly finished.

The hulk could equal ww strength and juggernauts strength and even thors if he got mad enough. planet hulk and world war hulk and even heart of a monster proved that as when hulk was walking away he warned doctor strange to get of the planet they were on simply because when his footsteps shook and destroyed ny 'he was holding back'. In the same story line his rage destroys the planet they were on wich was simaler to earth in size. so even if his physical strength may not be as high as some peoples get him angry enough and his punches will be the worst of your problems.

oh and by the way can you show me cyclops and thor breaking onslaught's armour cos i thought only hulk broke it (with one punch)

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Dernman said:

I like Hulk but I find him overrated.

WorldWarHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WorldWarHulk

Hulk would destroy wonder woman end of story even if he wasnt as fast as her at first she dosent have the power to put him down for good. The real point about Hulk is that he has to want to fight someone to be at his strongest if he wanted to fight WW there would be no chance for her to win. I find the story of Hulk to be on point with other classic characters such as Batman and Spiderman. A event changed him and he just tries to live the best posotive way with it. I agree World War Hulk was his greatest form ive seen. And i have never read a battle between Thor and Hulk but in the movie Rage Hulk killed Thor basicly and the rest of Asgard.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Super_Gui_1

@WorldWarHulk said:

Hulk would destroy wonder woman end of story even if he wasnt as fast as her at first she dosent have the power to put him down for good. The real point about Hulk is that he has to want to fight someone to be at his strongest if he wanted to fight WW there would be no chance for her to win. I find the story of Hulk to be on point with other classic characters such as Batman and Spiderman. A event changed him and he just tries to live the best posotive way with it. I agree World War Hulk was his greatest form ive seen. And i have never read a battle between Thor and Hulk but in the movie Rage Hulk killed Thor basicly and the rest of Asgard.

WBH (World Breaker Hulk) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> WWH.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Did I already post here...?

Anyways, I love Hulk!

the1king303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the1king303

Hulk would beat wonder women hands down.

_Heart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By _Heart_

Underrated!? You must be kidding me, right!?

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By silverlord90

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@god_spawn said:

True that. Speed has proven useless many times, also strenght but you get my point.

And this is not a spoiler actually but i've watched Avengers and he is pretty fast. yeah, it's the movie version but it ws cool. He had sound speed (or near... or more) reflexes imo.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@silverlord90 said:

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@god_spawn said:

True that. Speed has proven useless many times, also strenght but you get my point.

And this is not a spoiler actually but i've watched Avengers and he is pretty fast. yeah, it's the movie version but it ws cool. He had sound speed (or near... or more) reflexes imo.

Lol.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By Saren

@silverlord90 said:

i've watched Avengers and he is pretty fast. yeah, it's the movie version but it ws cool. He had sound speed (or near... or more) reflexes imo.

Which is why Black Widow was outrunning him........

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By silverlord90

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

i've watched Avengers and he is pretty fast. yeah, it's the movie version but it ws cool. He had sound speed (or near... or more) reflexes imo.

Mmm yeah.... dude, did you actually see what happened? and how happened? I mean please!. i could say what happened but it is a spoiler.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Saren

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

Mmm yeah.... dude, did you actually see what happened? and how happened? I mean please!. i could say what happened but it is a spoiler.

I did. Did you? If he could move at the speed of sound or close to it or more he should have easily caught up with her in less than two seconds, considering she cannot move at even a tenth of the speed of sound. And yet......he did not.

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By silverlord90

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

I did. Did you? If he could move at the speed of sound or close to it or more he should have easily caught up with her in less than two seconds, considering she cannot move at even a tenth of the speed of sound. And yet......he did not.

Ah ah ah dude.... where did i say he can MOVE (run) at speed of sound? read again. And you seem to have a terrible memory. Watch AGAIN.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Saren

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

Ah ah ah dude.... where did i say he can MOVE (run) at speed of sound? read again. And you seem to have a terrible memory. Watch AGAIN.

You're telling me he can react dramatically faster than he can actually move? If he can do one, he should logically be able to do the other. And yet, he could not. My memory is just fine.

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By silverlord90

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

You're telling me he can react dramatically faster than he can actually move? If he can do one, he should logically be able to do the other. And yet, he could not. My memory is just fine.

*facepalm* Dude... Reflexes.. he can move his limbs way faster the he can actually run, JUST like we humans do. Try to run and then try to punch, see what moves faster, you or your arms... now Huk is beyond peak human speed. And i already send you a messege with spoilers.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Saren

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

*facepalm* Dude... Reflexes.. he can move his limbs way faster the he can actually run, JUST like we humans do. Try to run and then try to punch, see what moves faster, you or your arms... now Huk is beyond peak human speed. And i already send you a messege with spoilers.

I'm aware of how reflexes work, thanks. So what are you saying Hulk's running speed is? Peak human? Beyond peak? What?

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By silverlord90

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

*facepalm* Dude... Reflexes.. he can move his limbs way faster the he can actually run, JUST like we humans do. Try to run and then try to punch, see what moves faster, you or your arms... NOW, HULK IS BEYOND PEAK HUMAN SPEED. And i already send you a messege with spoilers.

I'm aware of how reflexes work, thanks. So what are you saying Hulk's running speed is? Peak human? Beyond peak? What?

There. you should learn how to read.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Saren

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@silverlord90 said:

*facepalm* Dude... Reflexes.. he can move his limbs way faster the he can actually run, JUST like we humans do. Try to run and then try to punch, see what moves faster, you or your arms... NOW, HULK IS BEYOND PEAK HUMAN SPEED. And i already send you a messege with spoilers.

There. you should learn how to read.

Thank you. So if his speed was beyond peak human, why did he take so long to catch up with Black Widow?

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By silverlord90

@CitizenBane: PM... to avoid spoilers and spam.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

My favorite Hulk moment would be when he fought Zeus. He did real well in that fight.

jerz211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jerz211

Hulk's thunderclap has a pretty wide range.

And the thing with these "vs hulk" threads is they always give some time period for both superheroes to 'prepare'. So you usually get batman having a month's preparation and hulk getting none. I'm sure if Banner REALLY hated someone and worked with hulk, creating armor and weapon and other boosts, the hulk would really be a scary opponent. Not to mention if Banner 'gives in' to the "devil hulk" in his mind (which he has been holding back all this while).

No Caption Provided

And hulk isn't a one dimensional character. My favourite run of hulk had always been the Bruce Jones and Paul Jenkins era. Really really deep storyline. Non-hulk fans should check them out. They go deep into Banner's psyche and we learn that the problem with Banner is that his personalities take a physical manifestation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.