The Top 5 Greatest Strength Feats of the Incredible Hulk

Avatar image for mego_stretch_hulk
#1 Posted by Mego_Stretch_Hulk (335 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by Battle123axe (9198 posts) - - Show Bio

that was a good read. Didn't necessarily agree with everything said on it, but a good read nonetheless.

#3 Posted by jay_z94 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Moving in a dimension of infinite density
  2. Destroying a Universe
  3. Causing destruction in infinite number of universes
  4. Walking through reality repelling blasts
  5. Punching through Time

:D

#4 Posted by Supermanthor (21784 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:
  2. Destroying a Universe
  5. Punching through Time

HMMM IF WE ONLY CAN USE THEM IN BATTLE FORUMS AND NOT TO BE CONSIDERED A FANBOY LOL

#6 Posted by Supermanthor (21784 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:
@supermanthor said:
@jay_z94 said:
  2. Destroying a Universe
  5. Punching through Time

HMMM IF WE ONLY CAN USE THEM IN BATTLE FORUMS AND NOT TO BE CONSIDERED A FANBOY LOL

I agree that we shouldn't be able to use them in battle forums, they are outliers lol

YEAH LOL

#8 Posted by Supermanthor (21784 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:

@supermanthor: I agree that we shouldn't be able to use them in battle forums, they are outliers lol

I SEE

#9 Posted by yaoming (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:
  2. Destroying a Universe
  5. Punching through Time

Got the scans on these ones? from what I remember, the punching through time one was done through wielding chronal metal which was specially built for being able to affect the reality/time barrier.

#10 Posted by jay_z94 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@yaoming said:
@supermanthor said:
@jay_z94 said:
  2. Destroying a Universe
  5. Punching through Time

Got the scans on these ones? from what I remember, the punching through time one was done through wielding chronal metal which was specially built for being able to affect the reality/time barrier.

I'd have to look for them, but it's common knowledge among people who know Hulk that he's done these feats.

Here's Hulk punching through a time storm, which is separate from the time where he punched through time with chronal metal (this is especially impressive because not even Kang's time machine could penetrate it):

#11 Posted by yaoming (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: Cool, it is notable though that all of these high end feats, even grey hulks feat, come from well over 20 years ago. This same time period was also when a lot of characters had their low showings.

It seems like post 2000s, it is less common for characters to have these type of outlier feats, in either direction.

#12 Posted by jay_z94 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@yaoming said:

@jay_z94: Cool, it is notable though that all of these high end feats, even grey hulks feat, come from well over 20 years ago. This same time period was also when a lot of characters had their low showings.

It seems like post 2000s, it is less common for characters to have these type of outlier feats, in either direction.

Pretty much

#13 Posted by Battle123axe (9198 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: who would've thought WITB would be reasonable for half a second

#14 Posted by jay_z94 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: who would've thought WITB would be reasonable for half a second

Only just saw this lol

Yeah fair play to him

#15 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (4435 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: Scan for infinite density dimension ? That would literally make his strength/durability infinite

#16 Posted by jay_z94 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: Scan for infinite density dimension ?

I can try and find it later.

That would literally make his strength/durability infinite

Not really, as it's an outlier and not consistent. People like Superman and Thor also have similar feats that shouldn't be taken seriously.

#17 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (4435 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: if we are going by consistent feats hulk is town level and yet people here accept feats up to Solar level

#18 Posted by jay_z94 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: What on Earth are you talking about? In what conceivable way is Hulk consistently town level? I mean, yeah if he isn’t trying to destroy anything and is holding back then I guess so... but that’s not how we measure power levels.

#19 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (4435 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: He mostly fighta against relatively weak characters. Hell, even one of his most famous strength feat is barely lifting a 150 billion ton mountain feat which is large town level.

#20 Edited by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: Hulk particularly in modern times has fought high-tiers and teambusters almost constantly and has either always been the top dog in every team/event or up there among them, current Hulk in particular has faced teams of heroes that include high-tiers on several different occasions and ironically is fighting in the next issue what should be one of the most powerful beings in all of Marvel. The 150 billion ton mountain feat you mention is 40+ years old and was done by one of the weakest versions of Hulk, mainly Banners mind in Hulks body. Since then he has had more than half a dozen planetary level strength feats.

Calling Hulk town level is not only outright false, but also shows complete lack of knowledge on the character. Obviously EVERY hero has limitations when they fight on Earth, particularly in the cities, the writers don't let them go all out for obvious collateral damage but that doesn't take away from what they can do when they don't have such limitations placed on them.

#21 Edited by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are some of the feats of Hulk that are either ridiculous on their own or literally go into the "infinite" realm, which is why i personally consider them PIS or outliers, but are still fun to mention to see how crazy the writers made Hulk at times.

Hulk having infinite strength

No Caption Provided

Secret Wars II #2

His strength has no limit

No Caption Provided

Incredible Hulk #228

There is no way to measure his strength, he has the power to conquer galaxies

No Caption Provided

Tales to Astonish #73

His strength is incalculable.

No Caption Provided

Indestructible Hulk #1

Hulk tanks an explosion multiplied almost infinitely

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Incredible Hulk #188-89

Hulk causes and also tanks an attack that shakes infinite amount of dimensions and causes untold destruction in them

No Caption Provided

Hulk tanks a universe busting attack and reverts it back

No Caption Provided

Incredible Hulk #126

Hulks skin breaks an Olympian spear on contact

No Caption Provided

The same spear that pierced Zeus(a Skyfather) skin

No Caption Provided

Hulk vs Hercules: When Titans collide

Hulk tanks attack from Galactus

No Caption Provided

Secret Wars #9

Hulk tears a device built to withstand the power of cosmic gods(Celestials)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Incredible Hulk #242

The energies Hulk generates may give Apocoylpse power over the Celestials themselves.

No Caption Provided

Hulk has infinite stamina as he is tireless.

No Caption Provided

Fantastic Four #25

Hulk survives and moves in a dimension with infinite density, the dimension is so dense Strange can't move his astral form in it

No Caption Provided

#22 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (4435 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid: its not like i read 10000 marvel comics but going from the ones i read, (a few hundred) "team busters" and "high tiers" are sometimes written to be patheticly weak. Thor was KOed by a building level blast, Void Sentry was damaged by a town level blast, Thor couldn't stop a falling aircraft, WW Hulk was damaged by She Hulk etc. I saw much more low end feats than high end feats. And whenever someone posted "planetary" feats for the characters they could be calculated at continent level if we did not go by head canon and took the lowest end interpretation.

#23 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: Yes, those are called low showings you haven't discovered warm water my friend, we know about those things we have always had them. Just as we have high showings some of which i posted above we have low showing, neither of those really represent the characters. There is also a significant difference between being damaged by something and being put down by something. A needle can "damage" me, that doesn't mean it damages me in the same way a grenade going off in my face would damage me. Thor, Hulk, Sentry have been KO'd sometimes(extremely rarely) by things lower than what should KO them but have also tanked on a far more frequent occasion things much higher than those low showings. WWH was hurt by She-Hulk, he was also hurt by Beast(a 2 toner) but it made no difference when he faced Sentry or Juggernaut or even ZomStrange which was Strange possessed by an abstract being who had the power to punch holes through Hulks torso, yet it still didn't KO Hulk. Characters have a much better damage soak then they have the tolerance for being "hurt". Me getting kicked in the shin by a 5 year old is gonna hurt, it doesn't mean the 5 year old is gonna knock me out any time soon, it's fine if these lower characters "hurt" higher ones from time to time, since the comics are first and foremost suppose to convey a story and if you make the characters completely useless against higher ones all the time you wont have much of a story to tell, you need to have some suspension of disbelief, hopefully you have heard of this concept.

Bringing actual calculations to feats that are not meant to be and are not conceived with the notion to be put in mathematical equations is just plain silly, sure it can be done for fun sometimes, hell i myself have tried to calculate Skaars 100 trillion ton punch on the Hulk but it's not mean to be taken seriously. You should take feats for what they are meant to be, not what calculations tell us because writers aren't mathematicians or physicists they don't care to calculate these things themselves. Greg Pak famously had Hulk punch the Moon causing a 123,2 quake on the Richter scale which if calculate comes about 3-4 times the power of the Big Bang, so Hulks punches are basically more powerful than the Big Bang which is absolutely absurd but then again this is what happens when COMIC BOOK WRITERS put in numbers or if we try to calculate things never meant to be calculated but are just put there for flavor. In reality what that particular feat was obviously trying to convey is that Hulk was hitting so hard he was going to break the Moon, that's what the comic literally tells us in words, something it couldn't properly tell us in numbers.

#24 Edited by TheOriginalOne (4170 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: The funny thing is, he tanked punches from Juggy, Herc and even a island busting attack from skrull black bolt like nothing but bled a little from She-hulk.

This should literally tell you something.

Also, Thanos can easily bust a planet if he wants to (and has done so) with his physicals but when he fights on earth, not even a city block is destroyed. Does that mean Thanos is less than city block level?

#25 Posted by jay_z94 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't tell whether this guy is trolling or being genuine...

#26 Posted by BowdowntoDaddy (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid: Regarding the Olympian spear part, a few things to keep in mind is the spear that pierced Zeus wasn't the same one that Ares had (obviously).

Those spears don't have any feats regardless, and they aren't Olympian... if you want to look at something that's actually made of Olympian metal that would be Namor's golden trident... which has ironically not only impaled hulk but actually killed green scar before. It's also shattered black panthers form while he was wielding the infinity gauntlet iirc.

The most important thing there though is that Zeus didn't even have his power there, he was literally powerless to the point he was basically a regular mortal... and that spear that stabbed him literally almost killed him. I don't see what that feat in particular proves given those spears were featless and a different spear wielded by someone else cut into a zeus who had no skyfather power, super strength/durability or anything else

#27 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@bowdowntodaddy: Hey, WhoIsTheBest, i am sure you have something to back up all what you just said.

#28 Posted by BowdowntoDaddy (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Namors trident (an actual olympian metal weapon) kills hulk here. Note olympian weapons are gold. The weapon ares used is featless, obviously isn't the same spear that nearly killed a depowered zeus, and isn't really "olympian" whatever that means.

We know hulk isn't anywhere near as durable as zeus, if he was anywhere close to as durable as zeus then zeus wouldn't have been able to shatter green scars ribcage with a casual punch... yet zeus did just that, without his own fist taking any damage in the process...

thankfully we know zeus didn't have his skyfather power or any other power when the spear stabbed through his chest nearly killing him. if he wasn't depowered than the only other explanation would be if the spear was enchanted to kill zeus or an olympian, then that wouldn't necessarily mean the same spear can kill anyone who's not an olympian.

No Caption Provided

#29 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

The version of Hulk there is Banner in Hulks body, the weakest version of Hulk, which is why he died to a simple piercing of his chest, when every other Hulk incarnations including some of the weakest like Grey Hulk have survived such wounds.

Still ZERO evidence or scans to back up any of the claims made about Zeus or the spear, but make sure to get in every troll post in there before the inevitable banhammer.

#30 Edited by BowdowntoDaddy (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Every hulk is banner in hulks body, hell world war and world breaker hulk were banner in hulks body I guess they were "weakened"? Nonsense.

He died because he was impaled through the chest by another hulk and couldn't get out from being impaled. The blade would need to be removed in order for him to heal, as the blade remained in him, he remained dead and unable to heal.

Literally none of those ancient ass scans showed anything remotely comparable to hulk being impaled as shown above.

Impalation is a valid way to kill hulk especially if done in the manner above and especially considering that was green scar who got killed by namors trident there.

Still not a shred of evidence showing Zeus had his skyfather power when he got killed by a featless spear.

Edit: Still laughing at the banned user Virtuozzo and Gilneas among his 15 other banned alt accounts who constantly get banned for harassing and threatening users on the site, telling people about banhammers.

#31 Edited by BowdowntoDaddy (83 posts) - - Show Bio

It's obviously green scar in the scan getting killed by namors trident. That is what an actual olympian weapon is capable of doing to hulk.

I'm laughing at the mental gymnastics fanboys will go to when they make absurd baseless claims like this

The version of Hulk there is Banner in Hulks body, the weakest version of Hulk, which is why he died to a simple piercing of his chest, when every other Hulk incarnations including some of the weakest like Grey Hulk have survived such wounds.

"Banner in hulks body"

What the hell does that baseless nonsense even mean? World war, world breaker, immortal hulk were all "banner in hulks body" too. That has to be one of the most absurd, laughable excuses I've ever seen someone attempt to use for a comic character losing a fight.

I mean can you even imagine Ironman getting stabbed through the chest and some fanboy trying to cover up the feat claiming "Ironman was weakened there because it was tony stark in ironmans body"

Can you even imagine some Thor fanboy trying to excuse thor losing a fight using the excuse of "Oh that was one of the weakest thors, that was donald blake inside thors body"

I mean I guess Batman never loses fights, anytime batman has lost a fight, it was always because it was the "weakest version of batman" and because it was "bruce wayne in batmans suit". Lol...

I mean this dude is actually trying to argue green scar as being weaker than grey hulk, all because he is salty over green scar getting stabbed and killed in a fight

if you think getting sliced or stabbed in the chest is remotely comparable to actually being impaled on a trident then you don't understand basic biology to be honest.

#32 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@bowdowntodaddy:

No, it is not the Green Scar incarnation that Red Hulk "killed" during Jeph Loeb's Defenders/Offenders arc. It was Banner-Hulk, as in the persona from Hulk's time on Jarella's world of K'ai where Banner was fully in control of the Hulk's body & mind. MASSIVE difference. It was also controversial due Hulk being killed with a trident when he has a healing factor and withstood far worse, including Skaar impaling Savage Hulk through the chest with his sword in Greg Pak's Planet Skaar storyline that took place around the same time.

But, judging from your post, you know little to nothing about Hulk comics and are here to basically just troll.

#33 Edited by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

It certainly wasn't Green Scar because a WEAKENED Green Scar already survived this

No Caption Provided

Hell even Savage Hulk around the same time survived Skaar impaling him with a sword

No Caption Provided

And we know that WWH and Immortal Hulk have had holes blown through their entire torso and it didn't kill them.

Banner in Hulks body is a different thing entirely because he controls Hulk and isn't as strong as durable or anything like regular Hulk is.

LOL, it's fun watching this moron lose his mind over Hulk.

#34 Posted by Toratorn (7592 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk survives and moves in a dimension with infinite density, the dimension is so dense Strange can't move his astral form in it

No Caption Provided

You know, that might not neccesarily be an "infinite" feat. "Strange matter" is a real term that refers to a hypothetical state of incredibly dense matter that can form at extreme pressures (denser than neutron matter, in fact - the pressure is so enormous that neutrons making up the neutron matter fall apart into quarks). It's theorized that this kinda matter forms the cores of neutron stars. So basically, the feat is equivalent to Grey Hulk swimming inside neutron star's core. I'm not sure how to quantify that, but it sounds impressive as hell, at least ostensibly.

The "infinitely more dense" statement seems to be a flowery description that just refers to strange matter being way denser that regular matter, not actual implication that it has infinite density. What issue are these scans from?

#35 Posted by Crytodaddykid (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@bowdowntodaddy:

No, it is not the Green Scar incarnation that Red Hulk "killed" during Jeph Loeb's Defenders/Offenders arc. It was Banner-Hulk, as in the persona from Hulk's time on Jarella's world of K'ai where Banner was fully in control of the Hulk's body & mind. MASSIVE difference. It was also controversial due Hulk being killed with a trident when he has a healing factor and withstood far worse, including Skaar impaling Savage Hulk through the chest with his sword in Greg Pak's Planet Skaar storyline that took place around the same time.

But, judging from your post, you know little to nothing about Hulk comics and are here to basically just troll.

There is no such thing as "Banner hulk" this "incarnation" of hulk has literally never existed in comics at any point and never will... I mean world war hulk had banners mind inside him

When has hulk withstood far worse?

Are you retarded kid? Skaar impaled Hulk? Where did that happen? Stabbing someone in the chest isn't remotely comparable to impaling them.

And we know that WWH and Immortal Hulk have had holes blown through their entire torso and it didn't kill them.

Banner in Hulks body is a different thing entirely because he controls Hulk and isn't as strong as durable or anything like regular Hulk is.

LOL, it's fun watching this moron lose his mind over Hulk.

Lmao at this mental gymnastics coping mechanisms addicted loser squirming and crying when his character gets killed in comics. No wonder this dude still doesn't have a life after nearing 30 years old.

Immortal hulk and wwh never had holes blown through their torso, they had holes blown through a small section of their stomach or their heart, which isn't the same thing at all.

Here's the thing this retard doesn't understand, when hulk gets his heart blown out of him, he can regrow a new heart pretty easily.

On the other hand, when he gets impaled through the chest, he dies.

Red hulk impales green scar through the chest = hulk can't grow a new heart = hulk dies.

Reigning thor impales green scar through the chest = hulk can't grow a new heart = hulk dies.

EVERY time hulk actually got impaled in comics, he flat out DIED on panel crystal clear.

Skaar never "impaled him with a sword" the sword didn't even pierce through hulks body for one, the sword also only STABBED hulk then was taken out of him one panel later. Third, that was GREEN scar/WWh not "savage hulk" Im LMAO at hulk fanboys with their pathetic coping mechanisms claiming hulk was magically savage hulk just because they are butthurt over skaar stabbing him.

And green scar wasn't "weakened" just because you wish he was, just because he got stabbed by arrows and you're all salty and asshurt over it doesn't mean he was "weakened. Same thing as before, none of those arrows impaled him, the arrows literally just pierced him and stayed stuck in his flesh.

Here is green scar getting STABBED. Scan 1 arrows only pierce his flesh without impaling him, Scan 2 a sword merely stabs into his chest without even going through his body, and then the sword is removed one panel later.

On the other hand, note the difference, here is hulk actually getting IMPALED through the heart. When he gets impaled like this, the object remains stuck in his chest, which prevents him from healing, and prevents him from healing a new heart. He dies in minutes without a heart, because hulk needs a heart to survive and live. In normal circumstances if his heart gets removed he can regrow a new one, however if he actually gets impaled, he can't grow a new heart and thus dies.

Everytime hulk has been impaled through the heart, he has died.

The difference between merely being stabbed, and actually being permanently impaled, is quite clear. In immortal hulk and other hulks instances, his heart was never damaged, or it was blown out of him so he regrew one.

He can't regrow a new heart if he has a trident or tree stump or any other object stuck inside his heart.

#36 Posted by RogalDorn (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh look an object stuck in his heart and he is still alive

No Caption Provided

Oops lol.

#37 Posted by DayWalker98 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

There is one guy that is literally cancer

#38 Posted by Millanine20 (438 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn:

This is a little late but those scan are from The Incredible Hulk #370.

#39 Posted by Toratorn (7592 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.