Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

The Immortal Hulk - 2019

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I guess this is a fair comparison maybe not to comic gurus.

TOBA reminds me of Trigon in some ways. I know Trigon is powerful but not really sure how.

Raven and Hulk remind me of each other in the Daddy issue. Both the child of something ultra evil.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: I don't think he is the child of the one below all. When bryan banner said hulk is the son of one below all, i thought that was just a metaphor

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 thedailybagel  Moderator

@zillag:

What do you mean? He literally told him wherever you go people die and i want to stop you.

Clay was also hearing things and thought Banner called him a monster:

No Caption Provided

Granted, that whole dialogue did confuse me because Banner changed his tone instantly and was pretty out of character for the first bit of it, I just thought that was what Clay was hearing.

Also the plan was very stupid because it hinged entirely on the fact that Banner would try to absorb Clay's gamma which there was no guarantee he would do it.

I think this is being nitpicky. Immortal Hulk has drained every gamma powered adversary he's faced aside from She Hulk. Not to mention that the Leader knows that Hulk wouldn't kill Clay so the only logical solution to completely take him out of the picture would be to drain him.

That doesn't make sense since BP suit is all torn up, even though in IH it was fine when he jumped on Hulk, Thor was knocked out which never happened or was any hint of it happening beforehand.

I think this is also being nitpicky. We don't actually know what happened before Hulk launched GR, you're asking for events to be exactly the same when this is a completely different writer and artist depicting something that didn't happen on panel in Immortal Hulk. I think Pak's intentions were very clear if you put these pages side to side...

Not really, if anything i'd argue that Clay did better against Hulk than vice versa, minus the whole drain thing which is a silly plot device as well. A weakened Clay took hit from Hulk and even slashed him and sent him flying himself, while a weakened Hulk got taken out by 1 hit from Clay and couldn't even draw blood from him, while Clay could from him(with just punches btw, not claws). Nah the fight was clearly in Clays favor minus the whole "gamma draining" plot device.

Clay landed a single punch and a slash before Hulk manhandled him...

No Caption Provided

That page alone shows blatant superiority between the two given that Hulk gets slashed in the face, and replies with 'heh' whilst casually holding Clay's hand in place, then proceeds to casually catch another stab shocking Clay himself whilst saying "this has been fun". Not to mention the dialogue before this pretty much shoehorns in that Clay isn't enough to deal with Hulk...

No Caption Provided

Oh Leader invented this magic plot device that can weaken Hulk, somehow gave it Clay and somehow knew Hulk would take it from him, then he knew the virus would work, so many what ifs, it blows my mind.

I'll admit the virus is pretty stupid given Hulk's regen abilities, and it also made no sense why it effected Hulk more than it did Clay (this is an undeniable fact, Clay showed no signs of weakness in his Hulk form whereas Bruce literally dropped to his knees and was oneshotted when he previously shrugged off everything). I imagine Leader engineered it to hurt Hulk more given that his plan was to kill Hulk, not Clay but Pak should've explained that.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel:

Clay was also hearing things and thought Banner called him a monster:

Granted, that whole dialogue did confuse me because Banner changed his tone instantly and was pretty out of character for the first bit of it, I just thought that was what Clay was hearing.

The monster part is weird but he still did tell him wherever he goes people die, which was hypocritical of Banner.

I think this is being nitpicky. Immortal Hulk has drained every gamma powered adversary he's faced aside from She Hulk. Not to mention that the Leader knows that Hulk wouldn't kill Clay so the only logical solution to completely take him out of the picture would be to drain him.

Eh, maybe i am not sure. For someone as smart as Leader it doesn't make sense for him to gamble on something. He didn't drain She-Hulk, Ross Red Hulk, a bunch of other monsters in Hell, etc... So there was no exact guarantee.

I think this is also being nitpicky. We don't actually know what happened before Hulk launched GR, you're asking for events to be exactly the same when this is a completely different writer and artist depicting something that didn't happen on panel in Immortal Hulk. I think Pak's intentions were very clear if you put these pages side to side...

It is, i did mention this was a minor problem i had. But it just goes to show that they didn't do the proper research or bothered much tbh, despite the fact that they cited IH 7 in particular 2-3 times in the issue.

Clay landed a single punch and a slash before Hulk manhandled him...

That page alone shows blatant superiority between the two given that Hulk gets slashed in the face, and replies with 'heh' whilst casually holding Clay's hand in place, then proceeds to casually catch another stab shocking Clay himself whilst saying "this has been fun". Not to mention the dialogue before this pretty much shoehorns in that Clay isn't enough to deal with Hulk...

Yea but Clay was weakened there, so i am not impressed with him being manhandled, nor am i convinced it showed blatant superiority.

Maybe but that's just dialogue from random characters i am not gonna take them seriously,

I'll admit the virus is pretty stupid given Hulk's regen abilities, and it also made no sense why it effected Hulk more than it did Clay (this is an undeniable fact, Clay showed no signs of weakness in his Hulk form whereas Bruce literally dropped to his knees and was oneshotted when he previously shrugged off everything). I imagine Leader engineered it to hurt Hulk more given that his plan was to kill Hulk, not Clay but Pak should've explained that.

Yea i think the virus affected him more. As soon as Hulk got it he screamed in pain, fell to his knees and even begged for help(which is out of character for Immortal Hulk). But again all this goes to my point that the whole issue suffered from bad and inconsistent writing.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immortal Hulk #1 Goes to Fourth Printing

Immortal Hulk has to be one of Marvel’s big hits of the past year. By Al Ewing and Joe Bennett, it has now gone back to the printing mills another time for a fourth printing of the first issue that took a monstrous superhero comic and turned it into a monster book instead…
    TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: You are correct about that. But whenever we see a change in his eyes, it usually meant WBH....

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@zillag said:

Immortal Hulk #1 Goes to Fourth Printing

Immortal Hulk has to be one of Marvel’s big hits of the past year. By Al Ewing and Joe Bennett, it has now gone back to the printing mills another time for a fourth printing of the first issue that took a monstrous superhero comic and turned it into a monster book instead…

thats impressive

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The moment Hulk said "Help me" I think he was trying to trick Weapon-H to let is guard down, then Hulk used the opportunity to punch him while Hulk was weak due to the virus. Hulk woke up minute later after Weapon H punched him. Weapon H is no ordinary power house. You have to consider the fact that he has Nano-tech Adamatium lacing bones, Hulk's DNA imbuding his cell with Gamma Energy, wolverine, Lady death strike, warpath, Domino, and Sabertooth genetic material giving him tremendous healing abilities and possible other untapped powers. Dude, Weapon H is fully loaded. No wonder Amadeus cho feared him when he was about to battle him.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@medulaoblaganda: I don't think this is entirely correct. Hulk was really in trouble there as be even fell to his knees and was sweating.

I think he tried to hit Clay just for the heck of it. And I know what Cho fearing Clay is supposed to means as IM hulk will fodderize Cho.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 thedailybagel  Moderator

@medulaoblaganda: @theoriginalone: he hit clay because the virus made him aggressive. Was that not obvious given that it made Clay (a very kindhearted guy) say he’s “gonna gut Banner like a fish”. It’s what cause the fight in the first place.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 thedailybagel  Moderator

Also I just read no road home #2. I don’t understand how this is supposed to be a fair fight at all given how powerful Nyx is.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dumbsikhboi: I can agree with you about the Marvel Knights fight as how they thought it was Savage Hulk or stable Sentry when neither have been around for years now considering the writer used current versions of every character for the Knights run.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoriginalone: If it wasn't for the virus plot twist thing, Hulk would defeated Weapon H.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: None of the gods could stand a chance at all. By the way, what's with the Hulk and Hawkeye hatred thing? Do you think he is really gonna attack Hawkeye?

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@medulaoblaganda: Well ofcourse, this Hulk is too much. Hulk didn't even want to fight Clay.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: The hatred thing comes from when Banner made Haweye "kill" him so that Hulk would be gone forever in civil war 2.

I think Hulk hates him for that.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the dumbest incarnation of the Hulk.

I get what they are trying to do, but they are doing it all wrong.

Trying to take Bruce into a supernatural character by making gamma a mystical energy(which it's not, and never in any other instance in marvel is it considered to be) is lazy and undermines a status quo that now upheaves standards established in other books. How come Reed Richards, Doctor effing strange never found or detected that connection? They'll have to explain that nonsense.

How is he going to interact with the other heroes of marvel if he's an Avatar for the devil? They could barely write a good juggernaut arc because of his one dimensional traits. Then they go and turn hulk into the green juggernaut powered by the devil? I'll expect marvel will avoid pairing him in any stories with magik, due to her soul sword.

I think this should be handed to Aaron, as much flak as he gets because he doesn't power wank Thor, he knows how to write compelling Uber powerful characters. With actual characterization and development. Immortal Hulk is one step away from being a blatant knock off of Solomon Grundy.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By ZillaG

@hellionvulcan said:

@dumbsikhboi: I can agree with you about the Marvel Knights fight as how they thought it was Savage Hulk or stable Sentry when neither have been around for years now considering the writer used current versions of every character for the Knights run.

I dunno what you are replying to exactly, since i can't find the poster in this thread so i don't know the full context but the idea that Marvel Knights used current versions of Sentry and Hulk is just blatantly false and it's easy to see for everyone, you only need a pair of working eyes and not be colorblind. Let me educate.

First off, the CURRENT Sentry as in the last time we saw him was from his very recent solo series that ran from June 2018 to October 2018 before it got canceled, so it basically lasted only for 5 issues.

https://comicstore.marvel.com/Sentry-2018-1/digital-comic/48326

In that series Sentry literally merges with his human self(Bob) and the Void, all 3 parts of him become one. And his entire appearance changes

As you can see his outfight turns from yellow to red and his hair turns black as well and instead of yellow energy coming from his eyes, it's black energy.

And the very last time we see him is at the end of issue 5 where he still merged fly's off into space.

No Caption Provided

Now explain to me how that Sentry in any way resembles the one in Marvel Knights, whose shown looking EXACTLY like regular Sentry.

No Caption Provided

How anyone in their right mind can say the Sentry in Marvel Knights is the current Sentry is beyond me.

Now lets move on to Hulk

First off the important things to remember about current Hulk is that he changes to Hulk during the night and reverts back to Banner during the day and no matter what he does he can't change this fact himself. He can die, get angry all he wants but unless it's night he wont turn to Hulk and the same is vice versa. The ONLY things that can disrupt this cycle are outside interference's like when Stark used his orbital weapon to hit Hulk with hard light turning him to Banner and then continuing to use UV lamps to keep him as Banner

No Caption Provided

And when the magic of Eye of Agamotto forcibly turned Banner to Hulk even though it was day outside.

Another important thing about Immortal Hulk is that he is smart, smarter than Banner even and he talks completely normally instead of like a child like the Savage Hulk does.

No Caption Provided

Now that we established this about Immortal Hulk, lets run over some facts about the Hulk in Marvel Knights

First off he talks exactly like Savage Hulk does

He keeps repeating simplistic phrases like "Hulk Smash" "Puny Brain" "Punisher punish".

Banner even notes that some child keeps leaving him messages, he calls him a child because of the simplistic nature of his writing but he is unaware that it's actually the Hulk, because just like everyone else in that story. Banner lost his memories of he who was.

Second thing to note is that his transformations are no longer in the day/night cycle but are completely random.

Punisher even kept an eye on him as he was sleeping during the night and he was still Banner he didn't transform into the Hulk

No Caption Provided

He transformed later on by getting angry from witnessing a fight, again something that happens with Savage Hulk, not Immortal Hulk.

And then reverted back to Banner when he calmed down(again all of this happening during the same night), even though that's not possible for Immortal Hulk(unless some magic or UV radiation forces him).

No Caption Provided

Same thing as when he got shot by Frank, he was Banner, he got shot in the stomach, got angry and turned into Hulk regardless of whether it was day or night cycle.

No Caption Provided

So how anyone can come to the conclusion that this is Immortal Hulk and not Savage Hulk and that Sentry is his merged self and not his regular self is beyond me. You literally have to be willfully ignorant and deny blatant reality.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icec0ld said:

This is the dumbest incarnation of the Hulk.

I get what they are trying to do, but they are doing it all wrong.

Trying to take Bruce into a supernatural character by making gamma a mystical energy(which it's not, and never in any other instance in marvel is it considered to be) is lazy and undermines a status quo that now upheaves standards established in other books. How come Reed Richards, Doctor effing strange never found or detected that connection? They'll have to explain that nonsense.

How is he going to interact with the other heroes of marvel if he's an Avatar for the devil? They could barely write a good juggernaut arc because of his one dimensional traits. Then they go and turn hulk into the green juggernaut powered by the devil? I'll expect marvel will avoid pairing him in any stories with magik, due to her soul sword.

I think this should be handed to Aaron, as much flak as he gets because he doesn't power wank Thor, he knows how to write compelling Uber powerful characters. With actual characterization and development. Immortal Hulk is one step away from being a blatant knock off of Solomon Grundy.

Actually he is one of the smartest incarnations of Hulk.

I disagree they are doing it all right and the fan reaction, sales and the reviews the book is getting are proof of that.

Bruce always had elements of supernatural in him, he could see ghosts, interact with astral forms, sense spirits, etc... So Al giving it his own spin and finally explaining the reasons behind such supernatural phenomena was a great move. The fact that gamma has a magical nature in it as well is perfectly fine and there is no reason to get upset about it, especially not the way you are. Probably because neither Reed nor Strange are gamma experts, nor did the look hard and deep enough to find it out.

The same exact way he has been interacting all this time. Literally nothing has changed and i wouldn't take the Hulk being the avatar of devil to seriously. I think that was more symbolic, not literal. He is not powered by the Devil, but he has some strange connection to Hell itself and the Abrahamic religions. Also i don't think Magik and her sword are gonna be a problem here any time soon, her and Hull have been in the same panel maybe 3-4 times in their existence, nor do we need to think that deep about it.

The fact that you want this to be handed to Aaron blows my mind. Aaron wrote one of the worst Hulk books back in 2011, he undid everything Pak did, wrote a horribly out of character Banner and Hulk, had Hulks power level be all over the levels and make no goddamn sense. And the book was both hated by the fans and the critics which is why it lasted only 15 issues before it got canceled and Aaron was removed from it. I want Aaron with his crappy inconsistent writing to stay the hell away from Hulk in any shape or form. This book has plenty of characterization and development, in fact the comic is brimming with it. Immortal Hulk has little to nothing to do with Solomon Grundy, he is actually closer to the Swamp Thing that Alan Moore wrote in the 1980's.

Anyway if you don't like the issue or the direction it is taking that's fine but don't treat it like it's an universal truth, because it's clearly not. The book is so good and popular, the first issue just went for it's 4th printing. People can't get enough of this book.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: I don't think you should reply him guy is a huge DC wanker it's not even funny

But then again you have encountered way worse

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway all this aside, i read the No Road Home second issue and it was pretty good. Nyx is a legit threat, she fodderized all the gods including Zeus himself.

Hulk even got a nice feat so far, one hit from her put Hercules on his knees and drew a lot of blood

No Caption Provided

while her hitting Hulk had no real effect on him and it drew much less blood comparatively and barely even scratched him properly

No Caption Provided

Nothing to special just shows us what we already knew, that Hulk is much more durable than Hercules.

Honestly this series has got me excited i can't wait to see Hulk fight Hypnos in a few issues and then fight Nyx herself(when she either has all or most of her shards).

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zillag: The idea that Marvel Knights used current versions of Sentry and Hulk is just blatantly false and it's easy to see for everyone, you only need a pair of working eyes and not be colorblind. Let me educate.As you can see his outfight turns from yellow to red and his hair turns black as well and instead of yellow energy coming from his eyes, it's black energy.

Same thing happened with Juggernaut as he got a new look but many writers and artists didn't keep it so he was switched back to his classic look while remaining at his new power level, The burden of proof is on the writer to say which version it is and by the timeline it's current since there's no way the Knights run took place years before before the 5 issue run of Sentry.

I dunno what you are replying to exactly, since i can't find the poster in this thread so i don't know the full context

Mods removed it lol.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By ZillaG

@hellionvulcan: Same thing happened with Juggernaut as he got a new look but many writers and artists didn't keep it so he was switched back to his classic look while remaining at his new power level, The burden of proof is on the writer to say which version it is and by the timeline it's current since there's no way the Knights run took place years before before the 5 issue run of Sentry.

Yea the problem is there is a difference between getting a new look and completely changing your incarnation and personality, which is what happened with Hulk and Sentry. The Knights run didn't take years before the 5 issues of Sentry, they happened after it actually.

Honestly i would love nothing more then for it to be Immortal Hulk vs Merged Sentry because in reality, merged Sentry would stomp even Immortal Hulk since he gets all the powers of the Void as well, so to see Immortal Hulk been shown to be on even ground with that Sentry would make me very happy, but that clearly is not the case as not only did neither of them look like Immortal Hulk and Merged Sentry, they didn't even act like them either. Even if the writer/artist got the look wrong, he clearly intended for Hulk to talk like a child, which is what Savage Hulk does, not Immortal Hulk, that's been blatantly established.

Mods removed it lol.

Yea i just figured who it was, it was WITB. Which means if the mods removed his post it was probably filled with gay porn or death threats like he used to post all the time before lol. He has been losing his mind lately more so then usual, probably went on some unhinged rant saying things he isn't allowed i would assume.

PlatinumThorns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By PlatinumThorns

@icec0ld: I don't get why you and others keep repeating that it's "magic" over and over again. The comic strait up tells you Gamma is both magic and science (also neither at the same time), in the sense that no one can explain how it does what it does like turning individuals into creatures and such. It's like you people are being willfully ignorant about new/expanded ideas and want to go back to "HULK SMASH".

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: Dude, I don't think you had to kill him like that.....

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: You know what I find funny - everytime Immortal Hulk has lost a fight/encounter, there is major plot behind it.

But this shows that writers are giving hulk the respect he deserves.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoriginalone: Ya thats true. Now imagine if they are alluding to immortal hulk going world breaker, that would be something wild.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag:

It is dumb, it's success is due to fan service. The audience for this book care nothing of the story, everything is power levels. Aaron produced the best Thor book in a mighty long time, complete with competent world building, and engaging character development. Yet all the great things the book accomplished are ignored because people are upset about percieved power levels......

This hulk ignores decades of world building. Don't get me wrong, I love what they are trying to do, I loved the earlier incarnation of the hulk that inspired this one, he was like a Frankenstein esque creature. Throwing together this connection to the One below all was plain lazy. They clearly couldn't think of a proper way to

Bring him back so they copped out with an Avatar story and the "green door". Filling in the blanks as they go along, "well you see this green door thing..." There is no progression, Hulk shows up and does something violent and they write in an explanation the next few issues.

Aaron's Thor is a progression with the character. It's natural and every element thats presented is in place and organic. Thors choices are literally a product of what he goes through and the development of his character i.e the loss of his hammer, him questioning his own existence are all products of his past tales. You can point to key moments in his existence and see the relevance.

You can't do that with the new Hulk book. It's almost as if he never existed before they wrote this arc. Even the way he died, would he really have gone to Clint for that? Over Logan? Not only has he repeatedly tried to kill hulk already, Logan's relationship with Bruce would have made more sense that he would be the person he went to, to end it. Logan understands the monster inside Bruce was trying to protect the world from, he too suffers to control his rage. Hulk Bruce dying and going to hell makes no sense as he was a good person and hulk is a separate entity. Hulk while in hell becomes a prisoner of mephisto who uses Hulk as a vessel for Black heart then sends him back to earth as his herald, like he tried to do with Zarathos. He would use his possessed hulk to gather the fragments of the amulet of power he always fails to aquire. That would keep all the establish lore in tact while still giving hulk his supernatural reincarnation. Bruce unable to control his transformations, being forced to turn a night during the day works with the Defenders and Ghost rider to stop his other half. The arc concludes with the Avengers and Defenders successfully separating Blackheart from the resurrected Banner, and agreeing to allow Zarathos to bond with the hulk. Then sending him back to hell in his hulk body to defeat mephisto and free himself from the curse mephisto placed Zarathos under, when he defeated him. With mephisto defeated Zarathos becomes the new ruler of hell and uses his power to resurrect Bruce and make the ghost Rider his avatar proper.

That Keeps all the established lore intact and gives us the supernatural Hulk while acknowledging his past adventures and drawing on those to build his story. No made up nonsense, just natural progression.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@platinumthorns:

1.) Gamma is real form of radiation not magic

2.) Marvel established gamma within it's universe as the radiation that exist in the light spectrum as it is in real life. Reed, Stark, nor any other marvel genuis that has handled it, manipulated it has refered to it as anything but.

3.) If it had magical properties Dr strange would have noticed. Any of the mystical beings that detect the faintest mystical properties would have noticed.

They pulled it out of their butts, it's lazy.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icec0ld: It is dumb, it's success is due to fan service. The audience for this book care nothing of the story, everything is power levels. Aaron produced the best Thor book in a mighty long time, complete with competent world building, and engaging character development. Yet all the great things the book accomplished are ignored because people are upset about percieved power levels......

I don't see how it's dumb. Yea Ewing does a great job to keep the fans happy that is true and is very refreshing considering what the writers are doing nowadays. This book has an amazing and complex story, with lots of character progression so i am unsure what you are talking about. Aaron produced a good Thor arc that was actually more about power levels than anything else ironically but his justification for Thors unworthiness, his laziness with female Thor, his direct calling out of the fans and attacking them as well as his massive, MASSIVE inconsistancies with the character(the same inconsistency he had when he wrote Hulk) ruined the whole book and destroyed any good will he generated at the start. This isn't just about perceived power levels and it NEVER was.

This hulk ignores decades of world building. Don't get me wrong, I love what they are trying to do, I loved the earlier incarnation of the hulk that inspired this one, he was like a Frankenstein esque creature. Throwing together this connection to the One below all was plain lazy. They clearly couldn't think of a proper way to

He doesn't actually, Ewing has constantly made reference to Greg Paks Hulk, Peter Davids, Bill Mantlos. He made references to several past events, particularly the times Hulk died and build up on the things other writers established like Mantlo and David did with Brian Banner. The connection to TOBA was refreshing and very mysterious which made it extremely intriguing. Ever since Greg Pak left the book i cared little about the writing and the story because each writers interpenetration sucked so i just focused on the power levels, this is actually the first time i cared about the actual story and the characters. I honestly couldn't care less about the power levels, but the fact that Ewing is treating it all right is just an added bonus for me.

Bring him back so they copped out with an Avatar story and the "green door". Filling in the blanks as they go along, "well you see this green door thing..." There is no progression, Hulk shows up and does something violent and they write in an explanation the next few issues.

The green door thing was a brilliant way to explain why Hulk keeps returning from the death, he has died several times in the past, even decades ago and he has always come back and just like with other characters that come back most people didn't expect any real explanation. Characters get killed off at times and then magically come back through either no real or very little dumb explanation. Here Al established that it's the core part of Hulks lore that he can't permanently die and just expanded on it. Can you give me an explanation of Hulk doing something violent and them writing an explanation for it weeks after? Cause i am not sure what you are talking about.

Aaron's Thor is a progression with the character. It's natural and every element thats presented is in place and organic. Thors choices are literally a product of what he goes through and the development of his character i.e the loss of his hammer, him questioning his own existence are all products of his past tales. You can point to key moments in his existence and see the relevance.

You are confusing the word progression with regression. I can't imagine how you would think he progressed a characters whose worthiness he took away in a way it made no sense and still years later hasn't properly explained why he hasn't gotten that worthiness back even though he is the same exact Thor as he ever was. Yea that's just BS. There is nothing organic about what happened to Thor, he lost his hammer randomly out of nowhere because they decided to bring in a female Thor, he lost his hammer because of the dumbest reason ever, because he was unsure of himself, despite the fact that throughout the years there have been several times Thor was unsure of himself, even during Aarons God Butcher arc and yet he still retained his worthiness. Thor even giving up on his own damn name and refusing to call himself Thor and instead Odinsons was equal stupid and a slap in the face.

You can't do that with the new Hulk book. It's almost as if he never existed before they wrote this arc. Even the way he died, would he really have gone to Clint for that? Over Logan? Not only has he repeatedly tried to kill hulk already, Logan's relationship with Bruce would have made more sense that he would be the person he went to, to end it. Logan understands the monster inside Bruce was trying to protect the world from, he too suffers to control his rage. Hulk Bruce dying and going to hell makes no sense as he was a good person and hulk is a separate entity. Hulk while in hell becomes a prisoner of mephisto who uses Hulk as a vessel for Black heart then sends him back to earth as his herald, like he tried to do with Zarathos. He would use his possessed hulk to gather the fragments of the amulet of power he always fails to aquire. That would keep all the establish lore in tact while still giving hulk his supernatural reincarnation. Bruce unable to control his transformations, being forced to turn a night during the day works with the Defenders and Ghost rider to stop his other half. The arc concludes with the Avengers and Defenders successfully separating Blackheart from the resurrected Banner, and agreeing to allow Zarathos to bond with the hulk. Then sending him back to hell in his hulk body to defeat mephisto and free himself from the curse mephisto placed Zarathos under, when he defeated him. With mephisto defeated Zarathos becomes the new ruler of hell and uses his power to resurrect Bruce and make the ghost Rider his avatar proper.

You absolutely can. Not only is Al making constant references to past events, he is even writing flashbacks to some of them, there is one major flashback coming soon in fact that focuses on Rick and Banner on the very first night Banner transformed into Hulk. The Clint thing was Bendis choice, not Ewings. Bendis is the writer that notoriously ignores consistency and previous character progressions so he wrote Clint killing Bruce and left it for Ewing to pick up the mess, which to his credit he is doing. Not only did he write a small interaction between Banner and Clint to tie up the loose ends, he is currently writing it for Clint and Hulk as well, so he is writing proper conclusions for it all. But thats the thing, Banner did not go to Hell, he was taken by Absorbing Man and later taken by TOBA, he didn't go to hell because he was a bad person he was forcibly taken there. McGee even says in the last issue "Where does Banner go when he dies?" because he didn't go to Hell like the rest. That's a nice story you made up but with all due respect i prefer the direction they have already taken rather then involving Mephisto, Zarathos, Ghost Rider, Defenders, etc... it doesn't feel like a Bruce Banner/Hulk story there, it feels like someone elses story and more importantly it feels like an event with the Avengers and Defenders involved, rather than a personal, solo book story.

That Keeps all the established lore intact and gives us the supernatural Hulk while acknowledging his past adventures and drawing on those to build his story. No made up nonsense, just natural progression.

The established lore is still intact i am not sure what you think was ruined, the only thing changed is that gamma has 3 different properties in it, the scientific, the magic and the 3rd unknown property that somehow connects Hulk and Hell. It's pretty great in terms of progression for me. But hey if the story isn't for you and i can see that it clearly isn't you can always find something else you like, you like what Aaron is doing with Thor so just stick with that, there is a whole event coming soon that i am sure is gonna be good and wont be a lazy, uninspired cash grab like everything else was with Thor and Aaron.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More of Bennetts amazing, creepy artwork.

No Caption Provided

I love the horror in Bruce/Hulk transformation, it definitely feels like an extremely painful experience and it's a clear nod at classic horror movies like The Thing.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By medulaoblaganda

@theoriginalone: I don't mind Hulk losing a battle but it has to be a character with a higher power and stuff like that. I'm not surprise about weapon H beating him. His powers are insane but that doesn't mean Hulk can't beat him as well Hulk can.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: What the hell is happening to Hulk on that scan? Its terrifying lol

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: He is mid-transformation, he is either transforming into Hulk, or is transforming into Banner i am not sure, either way it looks creepy as hell.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: Oh maybe both are fighting for control? Man, its creepy.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@medulaoblaganda: I do though. IM hulk should be able to put him down rather easily given that he is more powerful than even.

Clay should be pre core breach level, not after that. Post core should be able to fodderize him.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#293  Edited By GreenScar1990

It's obvious what went down between Weapon H and Immortal Hulk. The virus that Leader implanted in Clay was meant to greatly affect Hulk. I can even determine when Leader infected Clay with it. It was when the mosquito bit him, but it wasn't a mosquito at all but rather one of The Leader's little bots. Because right after then Clay began sneezing.

The gamma virus that Leader designed was to hurt Hulk more, not Clay. It was obvious that Clay was still at his peak power levels, yet was still overpowered by the Hulk and casually stopped while in a berserker mode. Hell, even with Hulk infected with the virus Clay couldn't knock him out, just knocked him down as evident with Hulk's eyes still open and "HRRRRRRR" coming out of his mouth and getting right back up in following page. So, no, Hulk didn't lose the fight, as it never truly concluded, but it's painfully obvious that without the Leader's interference, and regardless if Hulk drained him or not, Weapon H wasn't going to win this fight.

Then we got these trolls on this board making idiotic accusations toward the Hulk, the current series, and his fans. All because they cannot deal with its success and the fact that gamma is energy, science and magic. And it's the same damn moron troll(s). More than likely the one who sends stupid message to all of our inboxes, the latest being bragging about getting @atheistknowledge & @intothevoid banned. Scum of the earth at it's finest.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is the preview of Avengers No Road Home. I hope Hulk is not going to kill my boy, Hawk-eye!!avengers no road home #3

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Al Ewing is going full horror on this one. This is THE IMMORTAL HULK #16 VARIANT COVER PENCILS

No photo description available.
    Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By Supermanthor

@medulaoblaganda: congrats because of your post I will have nightmares tonight

LOL

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: Lmao!! Its scary man!! I hope this is not in the comic. Its a variant cover anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Looks like Al Ewing is going full horror on this one. This is THE IMMORTAL HULK #16 VARIANT COVER PENCILS

Oh man, what a great time to be alive.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Indeed bro!. What do you think will happen to hawkeye because Hulk has paid him a visit for revenge?

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@theacidskull: Indeed bro!. What do you think will happen to hawkeye because Hulk has paid him a visit for revenge?

Probably nothing honestly. Hawkeye is at the very least a B-list hero, so unless it's a huge event he's not getting seriously hurt.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.