#651 Posted by jake_fury (327 posts) - - Show Bio

This series is the bees' knees.

#652 Edited by Eto (5359 posts) - - Show Bio

@jake_fury said:

This series is the bees' knees.

Agreed, I don't even know what means. :P

#653 Posted by jake_fury (327 posts) - - Show Bio
#654 Posted by Eto (5359 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you like about this series in particular? Storywise? Art?

Personally, I like how gore/horror-esque and out-of-the-box this series cane be and it should, we're talking about the Hulk here. Provided that Ewing and Benett stay for the long run, this will be go down as a classis run no doubt!

No Caption Provided

#655 Posted by jake_fury (327 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto:

I love Joe Bennett's art on this series and him being the main artist throughout is a big visual plus for me. Love the story line with religious/horror overtones and the fine line between Heaven & Hell. I am also not a huge Hulk historian so I wasn't sure if I'd be able to follow everything and understand. I feel like Ewing has made this story very friendly for new and old readers.

From what the Hulk history buffs have said he's been very respectful to Hulk's prior incarnations and past history.

#656 Posted by Eto (5359 posts) - - Show Bio

@jake_fury: Awesome!

Neither am I, but I’d lying if I said this doesn’t want me to read classic Hulk comics. Apparently those stories touch heavily upon horror elements and such.

#657 Posted by Overl0rd (4 posts) - - Show Bio

New weapon to hunt down Hulk

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#658 Edited by Undert4aker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Variant cover for issue #22

No Caption Provided

Alex Ross cover for issue #23

No Caption Provided

also MAJOR SPOILER

this is how Abominations face is gonna look, with no hands covering it, if you don't wanna be spoiled don't click

https://twitter.com/comic_xposure/status/1131340920220266496

#659 Posted by phillip33 (4585 posts) - - Show Bio

That variant cover is tight.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
#660 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2438 posts) - - Show Bio
#661 Posted by Undert4aker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

@medulaoblaganda: That's what i am wondering... Maybe Rick Jones? We will have to wait and see.

#662 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2438 posts) - - Show Bio

@undert4aker: That can't be Rick Jones. Rick has been used as an experiment already. Could be a new character

#663 Posted by Undert4aker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

@medulaoblaganda: Maybe, unless Rick found a way to control his transformation. I am not sure who else it could be then... maybe Skaar in his human form?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#664 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18183 posts) - - Show Bio

This series makes me very uncomfortable at points which I'm quite sure is the point.

#665 Posted by Toratorn (8271 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

FANTASTIC FOUR #13

DAN SLOTT (W) • SEAN IZAAKSE (A) • Cover by ESAD RIBIC

Bring on the Bad Guys Variant Cover by GERALD PAREL

The clock is ticking down. The moment is almost at hand. That do-or-die instant where Ben Grimm will either find the will to win –

or be annihilated by the fighting-mad Immortal Hulk!

#666 Posted by Battle123axe (9502 posts) - - Show Bio

IMMORTAL HULK DIRECTOR’S CUT #1 & 2 (of 6)

AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS

The horror has a name — and now it is unleashed in full graphic detail! You’d never notice the man. He doesn’t like to be noticed. He’s quiet. Calm. Never complains. If someone were to walk up and shoot him in the head...all he’d do is die. Until night falls. And someone else gets up again. The man’s name is Banner. The horror is the Immortal Hulk. And trouble has a way of finding them both! As reporter Jackie McGee tries to put together the pieces, Banner treads a lonely path from town to town — unearthing murder, mystery and tragedy as he goes. And what Banner discovers, the Hulk smashes! The critically acclaimed reinvention of one of Marvel’s biggest icons is re-presented in Director’s Cut form, complete with Joe Bennett’s savage pencils and more incredible bonus features!

ISSUE #1: 72 PGS./RATED T+ …$5.99

ISSUE #2: 56 PGS./RATED T+ …$4.99

IMMORTAL HULK #22

AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS

Bring on the Bad Guys Variant Cover by RYAN BROWN

• Shadow Base has one goal: to stop the monsters, the forces of chaos - And give their power to men of order.

• But the monsters have goals of their own. And now they’re working together.

• RICK JONES remembers everything… and you wouldn’t like him when he’s angry.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

No better time to be a Hulk fan. I'm very very excited.

#667 Posted by Undert4aker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

IMMORTAL HULK #18

• AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
  • Shadow Base has declared total war on Bruce Banner — and one by one, death is touching everyone he ever knew...except for one. The one monster who never dies — who returns, again and again, to hate and destroy. But it’s not the IMMORTAL HULK.
  • 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#668 Posted by Undert4aker (71 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#669 Edited by theacidskull (22075 posts) - - Show Bio

That new abomination look is terrifyingly spectacular! I've been waiting for such a revamp for the character a while now.

#670 Edited by Brockk (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Some really big revelations in the new Immortal Hulk issue.

For starters the list Banner made, i am EXTREMELY happy to see one name in particular on that list, i wont spoil it for those that haven't read it but yea it's the name on the bottom of the list

No Caption Provided

And also i am kinda afraid of the implications of what Banner was trying to say here

No Caption Provided

Banner seems to be on board with Hulk on some pretty insane plan regarding our human civilization, not sure where this will lead to but it's kinda scary to think about what could happen.

There is a lot of throwback to earlier Hulk issues and stories before Ewing, which i love and Ewing keeps doing this constantly, for instance he referenced what Amadeus said about Hulk during the WWH event. This story keeps getting and better somehow... i didn't believe this was even possible at this point, but Ewing doesn't seem to be running out of steam any time soon.

Either way a brilliant issue, really went deep with the story, i loved the pacing as well and a bit of action in the end that's going to spill big time into the next issue.

Among the best issues of Immortal Hulk so far IMO.

#671 Posted by theacidskull (22075 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so happy Ewing spends time on Banner's multiple personality disorder. He's the first writer since Peter David to actually develop these personalities or at the very least mention their presence/absence in the larger context of the story. Plus, the personalities are used very sparingly and with specific intent, so It never feels out of place.

Also, Ewing's portrayal of Banner's relationship with the Hulk persona(s) is excellent. The fact that he develops Hulk's and Banner's relationship without having the two directly and fully communicate is the mark of some wonderful writing.

And don't get me started on a-bomination. One part of me feels really bad for Rick because he's clearly in pain, but the other part of me selfishly loves where Al is going with this. It's an excellent battle crux. Having Hulk's greatest nemesis come back in the form of his best friend is such a wonderful premise for an interesting fight. Hulk may have to use his brain more than his brawn given that he probably doesn't want to hurt Rick. Then again, who knows? Tough love doesn't seem beyond the Devil Hulk's arsenal.

#672 Edited by medulaoblaganda (2438 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't know how Al Ewing keeps making Immortal hulk comic better and better. He doesn't seem to run out of idea or whatsoever. The fact that he referenced what what Amadeus said about Hulk during the WWH event is brilliant and respectful. A-bomination looks nightmarish to the max.

#673 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

top notch issue

#674 Posted by jay_z94 (8441 posts) - - Show Bio

So in the same issue, we get:

- A reference of what Cho said about Hulk during WWH.

- Green Scar mentioned.

- Talk of ending the world.

Could we soon be getting Immortal WBH?!?!

#675 Posted by Brockk (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: Ewing has teased about WBH potentially appearing in the series months ago... However it would have to be on some other planet, cause i can't imagine Hulk destroying 616 Earth

None of the writers/editors would let that happen, cause it would mean they need to cancel all comics lol.

#676 Posted by Nomar (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

@brockk said:

@jay_z94: Ewing has teased about WBH potentially appearing in the series months ago... However it would have to be on some other planet, cause i can't imagine Hulk destroying 616 Earth

None of the writers/editors would let that happen, cause it would mean they need to cancel all comics lol.

Ya Marvel/DC prime Earth has the strongest plot armor. Only time they allow it to be destroyed is by some universe ending events that eventually get resolved. They'd never let someone just brutishly destroy it and not have it be a major event with some way to resolve it.

#677 Posted by jay_z94 (8441 posts) - - Show Bio

@nomar said:
@brockk said:

Ya Marvel/DC prime Earth has the strongest plot armor. Only time they allow it to be destroyed is by some universe ending events that eventually get resolved. They'd never let someone just brutishly destroy it and not have it be a major event with some way to resolve it.

Yeah I get that, hopefully Ewing finds a creative way to show Hulk having planet-destroying power.

#678 Edited by Nomar (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:
@nomar said:
@brockk said:

Yeah I get that, hopefully Ewing finds a creative way to show Hulk having planet-destroying power.

Ya that's what sucks. We never get to see Hulk go all out because he's so Earthbound. WBH only got to showcase because it was another dimension. I hope they get Hulk off world to empty star systems so we can see him cut loose more.

#679 Edited by Brockk (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:
@nomar said:
@brockk said:

My guess is we will get to see Hulk go all out once he goes back to Hell again, since he can destroy everything there if he wants and there are no consequences like there are on Earth.

#680 Posted by jay_z94 (8441 posts) - - Show Bio

@nomar said:
@jay_z94 said:
@nomar said:
@brockk said:

Ya that's what sucks. We never get to see Hulk go all out because he's so Earthbound. WBH only got to showcase because it was another dimension. I hope they get Hulk off world to empty star systems so we can see him cut loose more.

Pretty much

#681 Edited by bonifidehustla (277 posts) - - Show Bio

So nobody caught the Maestro reference? So Devil Hulk could literally possibly be Maestro. Also, it matches with messing with the population and humans on earth. I can see this leading up to all heroes/villains alike attacking Hulk.

#682 Edited by PlatinumThorns (71 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla: Yep, but I don't think DH is actually gonna be the Maestro. Despite him wanting to end human civilization, he's doing it to protect the Earth and Banner.

#683 Edited by Brockk (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla said:

So nobody caught the Maestro reference? So Devil Hulk could literally possibly be Maestro. Also, it matches with messing with the population and humans on earth. I can see this leading up to all heroes/villains alike attacking Hulk.

We all caught the reference, the thing is he didn't say Devil Hulk is gonna become him... He said when Immortal Hulk chose his name "Devil" it was like he was tempting fate but Banner guesses he could have gone WORSE and picked something like Maes.... Get it? It was just Banner saying at least you didn't pick the name Maestro... because in Banners mind that's even worse than the Devil. Because we all know what Maestro has done in a future timeline...

#684 Edited by theacidskull (22075 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla said:

Definitely caught it, I'm just trying not to read too much into it since canonically Professor Hulk is the Maestro once he goes bad. Plus, Maestro's motivations (from what I can recall) is world domination, as opposed to destruction.

That might change, but I believe that it was Banner's way of saying that Devil Hulk kind of fits Maestro's malicious style, in a sense.

#685 Posted by bonifidehustla (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I see hmmm either way I didn't know that about his origin. I though he was his own persona. Maybe they might make it that way. Question does he just want to destruction on earth or universe. Since he is literally having ideas probably similar to TOBA. lol.

#686 Posted by kgb725 (19890 posts) - - Show Bio

Zen banner shouldve returned

#687 Posted by Outlander9 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Zen Banner isn't exactly a new personality like the others are, it's basically just Banner who has managed to use Hulks power in his human form.

I think Al did a great job in putting al the most important incarnations on that list.

#688 Posted by Outlander9 (63 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#689 Posted by Outlander9 (63 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#690 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2438 posts) - - Show Bio
#691 Posted by Outlander9 (63 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for captainmarvel11
#692 Posted by CaptainMarvel11 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex Ross covers for IH #20

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Brilliant.

#693 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2438 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually wanna see a godzilla size Hulk incarnation someday in comics lol

#694 Posted by CaptainMarvel11 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Immortal Hulk #19 preview

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#695 Posted by CaptainMarvel11 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Also more awesome news, Hulk continues to outsell Batman.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06/07/immortal-hulk-still-outselling-batman/

TOP 10 COMIC BOOKS BY UNITS SHIPPED

RANK

DESCRIPTION

PRICE

ITEM CODE

VENDOR

DCEASED #1

$3.99

MAR190464-MDC

DOOMSDAY CLOCK #10

$4.99

JAN190585-MDC

BATMAN: LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH #1 (MR)

$5.99

MAR190458-MDC

SAVAGE AVENGERS #1

$4.99

MAR190757-MMAR

THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #5

$4.99

MAR190495-MDC

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #21

$3.99

MAR190831-MMAR

THE IMMORTAL HULK #17

$3.99

MAR190845-MMAR

BATMAN #70

$3.99

MAR190487-MDC

BATMAN #71

$3.99

MAR190489-MDC

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #22

$3.99

MAR19

Funnily enough the only thing that seems to outsell Hulk nowadays are either event books, number 1 releases or event tie-ins. Other than that Hulk is the single most selling book that isn't tied to any event or isn't a issue 1 book out on the stands.

Goddamn... 17 issues in and this book is stronger than ever.

#696 Posted by kgb725 (19890 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually wanna see a godzilla size Hulk incarnation someday in comics lol

No Caption Provided

It happened just once

#697 Edited by bonifidehustla (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Fortean sighs there is literally nothing likable about him. He's pretty much evil at this point. He would destroy all of humanity if he could get rid of Hulk. I don't know his past or antyhing did Hulk hurt his loved ones or something? His hatred for Hulk is not common.

#698 Posted by CaptainMarvel11 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla: Yea he seems obsessed with getting Hulk, like he holds some personal vendetta against him. I really wouldn't be surprised.

I guess only time will tell.

#699 Edited by theacidskull (22075 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla said:

Fortean sighs there is literally nothing likable about him. He's pretty much evil at this point. He would destroy all of humanity if he could get rid of Hulk. I don't know his past or antyhing did Hulk hurt his loved ones or something? His hatred for Hulk is not common.

I think he's meant to mimic Ross in that sense. Ewing hasn't been subtle about that one. My guess would be that He is that evil because -

A) Hulk is going to kill him and Ewing is making Fortean completely vile for us not to feel bad about it. It's kind of a writer's contingency to secure Hulk's gray morality.

B)It's a character arc that either ends with his transformation (to signify that chasing the Hulk just leads to the destruction of your own humanity) or he'll see the pattern and will stray from the path Ross took.

#700 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2438 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: You mean when he absorbed gamma ray from fin fang foom? I'm talking about a whole new hulk incarnation of Hulk where he is so big on king kong level size. He doesn't need ongoing series. Just give him 5 issues at least lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.