Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

The hulk, most hated character on comic vine?

• 193 results
    Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Chimeroid

@atheistknowledge: that is the reason SOME people hate Hulk, but the fact is that most people dont. I dont want another Clark vs Hulk debate here, It has been done too many times. Anyhow. I dislike new Hulk issues where he isnt even angry and it doesnt depower him at all. They took away the thing i loved about him.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@nickras: Really? These 2 threads disagree with you.

First one is a 17 page long thread where the opinions are almost split down the middle of who would win WBH vs 52 Sup

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/world-breaker-hulk-vs-new-52-superman-725180/?page=17

the second one is 6 pages of 98% of the people saying MMH stomps

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/martian-manhunter-vs-hulk-403096/

so i dunno where you get your statistics from.

MMH, Flash and GL have almost always been more powerful then Superman and would beat him in a majority. I mean MMH would TP him into oblivion, Flash can move so fast even Superman would appear as a statue to him(and this has happened) and GL have not been retconed by the new 52 which means their old feats still apply which means Sup get's crushed. And even though current WW lacks a lot of feats she will soon catch up and then even for her it can be argued like in the good old days.

And by the way your misconception about Hulk fans being the most hated is again misplaced, since some of the most respected people on here happen to be several Hulk fans.

@chimeroid: Well you don't really know that either way. It doesn't depower him because a normal(non angry) Hulk has operated on planetary level on some occasions and there hasn't been a thing as base Hulk for a long time now but yea taking away his anger like with Doc Green has really taken a lot from the character.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
    deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Alright, I stand corrected. I haven't been here for long and I've just generally encountered many more unreasonable Hulk fans, maybe they're just louder or I went into wrong threads.

As for the JL argument, I was talking about current Superman, so New 52. MMH is not part of the League, Flash hasn't shown much impressive stuff since New 52 launched and about Hal... Well, I get that he hasn't been retconed so his old feats technically apply. But from a non-debate-rules standpoint, just going by common sense: if current Hal fought Clark in one of the current titles, who do you think would win? I can't imagine Supes losing to Hal in this scenario, but maybe that's just me.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@nickras said:

@atheistknowledge: Alright, I stand corrected. I haven't been here for long and I've just generally encountered many more unreasonable Hulk fans, maybe they're just louder or I went into wrong threads.

As for the JL argument, I was talking about current Superman, so New 52. MMH is not part of the League, Flash hasn't shown much impressive stuff since New 52 launched and about Hal... Well, I get that he hasn't been retconed so his old feats technically apply. But from a non-debate-rules standpoint, just going by common sense: if current Hal fought Clark in one of the current titles, who do you think would win? I can't imagine Supes losing to Hal in this scenario, but maybe that's just me.

I read a lot of DC stuff and believe me the Green lanterns have been nerfed a lot in recent times. If you don't believe me, read the "godhead story", where Orion, who is on a par with Superman is far too strong for the GLs he encounters. They've basically made Superman more powerful than most of the other JL heroes...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
    deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: I know, right? Lantern's power in general has really fluctuated. Like... Atrocitus getting beaten by GL Guy Gardner, but taking on MMH, Midnighter and Apollo at the same time while being severely weakened. Does that mean that Guy Gardner can do that too? Nope, he got stomped by much weaker opponents Power scaling doesn't work here, the lanterns are just too inconsistent, but in general, the lanterns are much weaker than pre-52.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulk is garbage and would be defeated by anyone with similar strength and little speed

This post is garbage, because not only are you overly simplifying things, you can make the same dumb argument about for any other character. Now i advise you to think about the posts you make rather then have yourself be driven by the impulse of the moment and spout out any random brain fart you have.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is not the only character that seems to get a lot of hate on comicvine for stupid reasons.

People seem to dislike Hulk simply because they feel Superman could beat him easily, and that is pretty much it. No other reason at all.

Quicksilver gets a lot of hate and is pretty much looked down upon as a character for simply not being as fast as Flash, which is probably the dumbest reason for disliking a character I have ever heard. But hey, that is Comicvine at a high level.

Batman gets a lot of hate simply because people always say he wins by "PIS" even though pretty much ever fictional character ever made has won by "PIS" plenty of times but people just seems to ignore the other characters and target Batman, but again that is Comicvine for ya'.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Probably should have used this from the start.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By arthurkerr

lol Red Hulk by far was the worst comic book creation ever. When I found out whom it was I tore up the book and tossed it in the trash.

It was that bad.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras said:

@bezza: I know, right? Lantern's power in general has really fluctuated. Like... Atrocitus getting beaten by GL Guy Gardner, but taking on MMH, Midnighter and Apollo at the same time while being severely weakened. Does that mean that Guy Gardner can do that too? Nope, he got stomped by much weaker opponents Power scaling doesn't work here, the lanterns are just too inconsistent, but in general, the lanterns are much weaker than pre-52.

Agreed and its one of the reasons I recently dropped my GL books. historically Hal Jordan v Superman or equivalent would have been a decent match up. Now it would be no contest. I think the lanterns peaked sometime in either the 70s, or early 90s under people like Ron Marv. Geoff Johns raised the bar again in the naughties but under Vendettti ( who is the DC equivalent of Waid writing Hulk, or Duggan), we have seen nothing but arse kickings handed out to various popular Lanterns!

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love hulk

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hulk isnt hated he is just a little overhyped for some case scenarios on here

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yew i know, "Every character gets haters, blah,blah,blah," but it seems as though people hate him so much that i seen battles like World breaker hulk vs Aunt may and everyone said that aunt may would make a poison and inject it into hulk, therefore killing him. What? It doesn't really bother me that much but when people say hulk has no story and never loses, that bugs me because he has got a very in depth story but for example when he went against his son (Skaar) That was actually very emotional and a good story in my opinion! Anyway who do you guys think is the most hated character on comic vine?

It is not Hulk himself, but Hulk fans are almost as bad as batman fans, in the sense that they completely ignore the hulks limitations and act like he is capable of things he has never shown to be able to do and really inflate his ability to gain strength with anger, they often completely ignore the fact that you can only get so angry, and that alone limits hulks strength.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is not Hulk himself, but Hulk fans are almost as bad as batman fans, in the sense that they completely ignore the hulks limitations and act like he is capable of things he has never shown to be able to do and really inflate his ability to gain strength with anger, they often completely ignore the fact that you can only get so angry, and that alone limits hulks strength.

LOL You show me where they said hulk anger has a limit. They said it in comics for a while he has no limit. We never said he couldnt lose. WWH is a prime example of him getting stronger with anger. So dont try to spread lies. Plus you can't put basic login into comics. Then again to be truthful like Stan Lee said whoever the author is he decides how strong the Hulk is.

I think the most hated by the current Marvel writers is Hulk lol

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Schwarz

@killraven4334: Actually a lot of Hulk fans usually have read a lot of Hulk comics and know Hulk can lose. The problem is that some people hate Hulk fans because they don't understand and don't read Hulk comic books. What happens is that a Hulk fa will state that Hulk's "potential" is infinite. Which is true. Hulk fans are just repeating what has been said in Hulk comics since the 70s. The whole thing that makes this a whole mess is that Hulk fans usually have read the comics for a looong time then when a VS happens a hulk fan will only repeat what has been stated for over nearly 50 years then fans of other characters come in with statistics and feats and what not. But nothing changes the fact that his potential IS infinite. I mean I would rather trust the writers than random people on forums with their opinions. And that is what usually starts debates. Hulk fans are just repeating what has been established by Marvel. Seriously don't hate Hulk fans, send your opinions and hate to Marvel if you don't like how the MU is written. I mean they even made a run called Indestructible Hulk. I didn't write it Nor did the fans write it. So send your regards to Marvel not the fans. One thing casual readers who don't know Hulk that much is that even though not possible in our world in the MU Hulk's rage is unlimited. But there is more to it. Hulk absorbs gamma energy. At some point if he absorbs too much gamma energy, he will destroy the multiverse. Which means that Hulk could get too powerfull that the multiverse would stop existing. So alone Hulk could drain the whole MU's energy to non existence. And that might be why some people hate Hulk. I have to admit he is OP. His potential is infinite to a point of the non existence of the MU. People will keep debating back and forth and it will always be the same. X character can do this and that and Hulk's strength is unlimited thus his "potential" is infinite. There isn't really much more to it. And that is where the hate for Hulk or Hulk fans come from.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's because some characters like Galactus can change or alter reality. Most gods can do this at a whim. Zeus can , with some effert SS can and the list goes on.

So when you come up to somebody that says the madder they get the stronger they get.

Zeus can alter the whole thing and change reality and the rules and make it.

The madder he gets the weaker he becomes.

With the power cosmic and god like powers it really is up to the writer.

The same with the pros for Hulk he becomes a character that just is not fun to read.

His villains would have to be almost unbeatable as well and when they did beat the Hulk your left with a villain that destroys all and leaves nothing in its wake.

That or Hulk is the villain because he lacks the ability to save anybody just fight. He can throw one heck of a tantrum but so can my three year old.

What is the point of a hero that the only good power is that to destroy things?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

No wonder Hulk get angry. He's being hated.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

It's Flash now or MOS Superman.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: That's literally a load of nonsense. First of all Hulk is not a classic hero type, he is more of an anti-hero. He has this internal struggle where he can both be a hero and a monster, which makes the character interesting. I mean if he wasn't he wouldn't be among the most popular characters in existence.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: That's literally a load of nonsense. First of all Hulk is not a classic hero type, he is more of an anti-hero. He has this internal struggle where he can both be a hero and a monster, which makes the character interesting. I mean if he wasn't he wouldn't be among the most popular characters in existence.

you read the hulk for your reason I read him for mine. I prefer him the hero.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By bonifidehustla

@atheistknowledge said:

I guess since you only like the hero side. You might as well watch Hulk and the Agents of Smash.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr said:

@atheistknowledge said:

I guess since you only like the hero side. You might as well watch Hulk and the Agents of Smash.

sounds good I may just do that thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehhh...

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By AgentofChaos1

I hate the Hulk due to his fans

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Hulk strength is finite .He can't lift the omniverse nor surpass the cosmic beings like galactus and other characters . Hulk possessing infinite strength is hyperbolic PIS and most of the hulk fans believe in that .

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Hulk strength is finite .He can't lift the omniverse nor surpass the cosmic beings like galactus and other characters . Hulk possessing infinite strength is hyperbolic PIS and most of the hulk fans believe in that .

Well I partly agree with you...I agree he cannot surpass the likes of Galactus, but I DO believe his strength is incalculable...I don't think Hulk fans are worse than fans of other characters particularly. Superman fans think their favourite is almost untouchable, Thor fans are in denial about their favourite's record against Hulk and fans in general are biased towards their character. Not sure why Hulks are so bad....

Josephus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hulk simply sucks.

easywolf32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He sucks because he's the Strongest one there is. Smart, real smart lol. The new Hulk does suck though, I wouldn't buy that comic if you paid me. Will wait for Bruce Banner's return.

@josephus said:

The Hulk simply sucks.

Josephus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@easywolf: I am sorry, but I have to correct you. The strongest one is Po The Kung Fu Panda.

shinzocan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HULK IS THE STRONGER THERE IS......no weapons really,no,magic powers,to speak of or worth mentioning,no tights wearing,or armor wearing,just shorts no shirt,whooping ass let thanos come with his masturbation gauntlet,and watch the hulk cracks that gauntlet,like a rock and smothers,thanos rotten chinned ass,.....HULK GAME......FO LYFE.....!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ddaa91b5f860
    deactivated-5ddaa91b5f860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even close !

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Cognitive

Wait...I thought he's actually quite popular here, at least he's receiving more credits than he does in KMC.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By WhyZoSerious

He is the most hated character, because there are plenty of superman fanboys that are feeling frightened by The Hulk being the strongest there is, hence stronger than Superman. And since Superman is the dumbest character, actually, he doesn't have character at all, they feel intimidated by the Hulk and that's why they shit on him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ddaa91b5f860
    deactivated-5ddaa91b5f860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whyzoserious said:

He is the most hated character, because there are plenty of superman fanboys that are feeling frightened by The Hulk being the strongest there is, hence stronger than Superman. And since Superman is the dumbest character, actually, he doesn't have character at all, they feel intimidated by the Hulk and that's why they shit on him.

Lmao the salt on this comment is over 100.

Hulk isn’t stronger and Superman stomps, you are just mad at Superman being the most iconic and strongest character

DCEU Superman solos, thought robot solos whatever you like it or not this is the FACTS

marvel fanboys are patethic in 2019 still insulting Clark and his comics

you are a known DCEU lowballer who can’t handle the fact DCEU Superman stomps Foddernos and hulk at the same time

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 takenstew22  Moderator

Agreed.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably yeah.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait...I thought he's actually quite popular here, at least he's receiving more credits than he does in KMC.

He used to be hated years ago on this site, hence why this thread was made 6 years ago. Also anyone that isn't Superman is hated on KMC, I have never seen a site worship Superman more than those guys.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: True, lol, they even put him above the likes of Odin.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#193  Edited By Lilbroomstick
    No Caption Provided

Not currently at least

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He isn't the most hated. But the fanboys are making the character worse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.