Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

The hulk, most hated character on comic vine?

• 193 results
    jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By jackofspades

i think people on this site hate hulk because he reminds them of the bully in their school who use to bully them.alot of guys on this site use to or are still getting bullied and the hulk looks like the guy with the big muscles and not to smart guy who torment them everyday so they hate him because of it

MeleeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats not it buddy its his PIS!!!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yes, hulk is the most hated character on CV by fans of other characters...

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen more indifference than outright hate.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meleegod: is batman not the most PIS character in comic book? superman, squirrel girl, doomsday, and deadpool have done massive PIS. okay? lol

Avatar image for marvelmaster300
    marvelmaster300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
    deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I honestly don't believe Hulk to be the most hated character on the Vine. Hulk is a truly amazing character but its a shame he doesn't get the respect he deserves by most of the Vine community.

The problem simply stems from the battle forums where fans and fanboys fight for superiority for their favourite character may it be Superman, Thor or Silver Surfer. Hulk is no different. It is from the battle forums where Hulk may seem to get the most hate. Quite frankly supporters on both sides can be aggressive resulting in hatred and flame wars though I don't think Hulk as a character himself is hated. Just his powers.

In most cases Hulk is ignored rather than hated. He is considered a non-factor in team battles against the likes of other powerhouses and herald characters, being considered mostly a joke in the eyes of battle forum users. I may sound crazy but I solemnly believe Hulk at World-breaker could give Thanos a real run for his money. If Hulk could beat Thor, Hercules, Gladiator, Sentry, Onslaught and put up a fight with Superman I see no reason why he couldn't beat Silver Surfer or anyone along those lines either. It seems like if Galactus or a skyfather loses a fight to Hulk it'll be embarrassing for them but its perfectly okay for any other superhero to do so?

Back to answering the question, Hulk isn't the most hated character on the Vine in spite of our beliefs on the Hulk forum. He's just downplayed incredibly badly and doesn't seem to be a force to be reckoned with. There are many characters out there more hated than Hulk just so you know.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..Ok, I rephrase it. I think Hulk is the most hated character by DC fans. I am a DC fan myself but find hard core DC fans laughably hostile on any Battle Forum debate involving, in particular, Superman and Wonder Woman.

MeleeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont really hate hulk but somepeople think he can beat gladiator(of course if hes not cocky)

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#111  Edited By Raw_Material

Not taking anything away from the Hulk, Aquaman has more haters IMO. Although, there are some really biased people in the forums that would disagree with anything Hulk. Haters gon' hate, let them hate.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. He's not hated, its just that hes not versatile so he gets BFR'd all the time here. Only taking BFR off the table can it become a good battle. But that doesnt mean its hate. Its just being realistic.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 thedailybagel  Moderator

I wouldn't say hated, just extremely underestimated. But that's largely because allot of people overestimate him.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicuser:

Equally people assume he can be BFR'd all the time, like he would just take it. I am reminded of the Hulk Annual 2000 where Thor BFRs Hulk on two occasions. First time it works, second time Hulk starts beating him up mid air. Its not a 100% failsafe strategy!

But perhaps its fair to say that Hulk fanboys over-estimate him and fans of DC characters under-estimate him....

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

hulk isn't hated on CV just underrated

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the thing is that a lot of people are casual readers and there's nothing wrong with that. They read a comic book here and there and it is understandable since there are SOooooo many comic books out there to read. Usualy more advanced readers will not downplay the Hulk and they usualy understand how powerful he is. You will notice most haters will usualy go with the "throw him in space he will die because he can't breath". As more advanced readers know, hulk can breath in space. This is one of many exemples of newbie readers. Try to have a serious discussion with a newcomer reader about the Hulk and you will quickly discover how little they have read about the Hulk or comic books in general. At some point it becomes tiresome to explain again and again the newbies the same thing over and over again that I don't bother anymore. Another exemple, on a review of a newer hulk comic book there was this guy trying to say that the current run was boring and after a few back and forths of arguments we learn that the guy doesn't even read the current run. Anyways most comic book anthusiasts know how powerful hulk is. Ask any respected readers on here and they usually will agree.

Hardank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

suficiente, los que odian hulk han amainado un poco ya que me uní, no hay necesidad de empezar esto de nuevo, odio muchos personajes mí y yo todavía los respeto. la razón por la gente odia el casco es a causa de sus fanboys que piensan que él podría vencer a Galactus. él también es odiado porque es muy potente y la mayoría de sus victorias en las batallas se culpó de la popularidad (que he visto esto muchas veces, pero no tanto en la CV), Hulk es un buen chracter, pero sus fans tomar las cosas demasiado lejos , sí que es muy potente, pero hay algunos personajes que no puede vencer. Ventiladores HULK deben aceptar que, y que odian sólo deben mantener a sí mismos.

I hate Superman fans, if they are exaggerated. But do not hate Superman because of their fanboys. Actually this among my TOP 10 favorite characters.

Hulk has an amazing feats documentation, which give us an idea of its true power and scope. I think Hulk, if can defeat the Galactus. Even Odin and Zeus, no doubt, to mention only the great Apocalypse using the most advanced technology of the universe (Celestial Technology). He could realize the immense power of Hulk, a power that would give control over the "Celestial" themselves.

Also I am not relying only mentions of other great characters, Beyonder, Doom, Apocalypse, Strange, etc. have been amazed and realize the immense power that hides Hulk.

Hulk has feats of universal level, channel and power control for months !!! two universes. Destroy one dimension, temporarily knocking out Dormammu (in his own kingdom, where is omnipotent, omnipresent, etc). Given that Bruce Banner has always been a constraint to infinity and terrifying power of Hulk.

Yet he has marveled us that Hulk has a power beyond imagining. When Bruce Banner was blocked from the mind of Hulk, he gave vent power without limits Hulk, as a result, he was able to overcome and defeat Onslaught (which at the time had the power to Franklin Richards, Magneto, X-MAN and Charles Xavier, more indestructible armor, which was created to be indestructible even for powers that can alter reality itself). Onslaught could rival or better said exceed any Celestial thus superior to Galactus or Odin (who have had many problems and have been often overwhelmed by Celestials, pretending to be nothing compared to these GODS COSMIC).

Besides that Hulk could face a Sky-Father reborn with all its power and glory, as is Zeus, who being greatly weakened without combat cravings. Resisted all merciless attack would give Zeus. Plus it could send the GOD OF THE OLYMPIC GODS one fell swoop through the skies. With the intention to provoke one.

Hulk has hundreds of exploits, which when analyzed can realize that Hulk has a universal power or until multiversal scale.

How so? No invincible character. Hulk has devastated so many characters in Marvel of great power. I'm not saying that Hulk is invincible, but he can beat a vast majority of characters. At least of the Celestial (such as maximum reference) and characters junior held by that The Celestials, are in the scope of being defeated by Hulk.

If they are characters like Beyonder for example. We really are beyond the capabilities of Hulk. Because Beyonder at the time reincarnated a whole multiverse. That is, had a multiversal power.

Hulk is a character from the beginning was created to achieve impossible to be almost unbeatable.

Speaking of characters that are overvalued if, let's Superman, which in this web site, users have an altar for Superman. Where they say incredible atrocities, in addition to exaggerate the power of a being who is limited. Sometimes even using unlimited Superman skills.

It's funny you say that Superman has the strength to escape from a black hole, when what they do is tergivesar information, it really is impossible to escape from a black hole. Not even He was able single a smaller microscopic black hole a particle of dust, plus black holes suction power dependent on its mass. The then had help of Green Lantern, which is as powerful as it character.

Superman is a character on a planetary scale (has strongly reached this level, New 52, at least has been reaffirmed that this on a planetary scale). But it is not a character capable of destroying at least one solar system. And if you come with it already "made" must see the context in which the story is told (in a time where science was ignored, where the logic in comics was ignored, they were just stories for children) and also that possibly the greatest cause of that desvatación was the magic of Mr. Mxy (which this magic Superman absorbed and unable to wait, sneeze with desvatadores results but say that this is merely a feat of Superman, is a lie, it's a feat magic Mr. Mxy because superman at that moment, his most powerful feat was creating major hurricanes that the world has ever seen)

Now do you understand? Superman is a great character, I doubt not, but their fanboys exaggerate the truth. Hulk other hand, possesses unlimited power, almost everything is at your fingertips. Do we defeat Odin? Already knocked out Dormammu (a being that rivals Odin). The Celestial do we defeat? Already defeated and surpassed Onslaught who once possessed powers that gave universal scope or multiversal, just the fact assimilate all the powers of Franklin Richards (a character who has the power to alter reality universally, that has made Galactus is his herald, who is considered by some heavenly as one of their own, which has the power to create and destroy worlds). So just defeat Onslaught, Hulk had to have reached a universal power or multiversal reach. :)

No exaggeration, is what the comic book suggests, and if we collect all stories Hulk. That's what it implies.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#119  Edited By Erkan12

@hardank: Where did you take that spanish quote ? Lol.

Hardank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Sorry, is that use Google Chrome. As the translator from English to Spanish in automatic mode. Sure to make the quote, was already translated into Spanish. Sorry. I had not noticed.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell naw

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see that this is an old thread...however, I just wanted to state that I don't hate the hulk...but I do hate how his fans always think that because his powerlevels grow with his rage, that they are infinite.

The amount of rage one person can have is defintiely finite.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is not the only character that seems to get a lot of hate on comicvine for stupid reasons.

People seem to dislike Hulk simply because they feel Superman could beat him easily, and that is pretty much it. No other reason at all.

Quicksilver gets a lot of hate and is pretty much looked down upon as a character for simply not being as fast as Flash, which is probably the dumbest reason for disliking a character I have ever heard. But hey, that is Comicvine at a high level.

Batman gets a lot of hate simply because people always say he wins by "PIS" even though pretty much ever fictional character ever made has won by "PIS" plenty of times but people just seems to ignore the other characters and target Batman, but again that is Comicvine for ya'.

But the real problem kicks in when you personally dislike a character for something so simply as them being inferior to another character that they would never fight let alone see to begin with. Especially when it comes to these battles that are determined by feats which are very inaccurate and every character has high end and low end feats so it is like impossible to accurately tell what any character can do. The fact that the word "PIS" exists at all only further proves there is some truth to that. But on comicvine that seems to be how people judge how they like characters by who is the strongest, which I think is stupid but whatever that is CV for you though.

Avatar image for kaang_the_watcher
    Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I'm pretty sure the most hated character on Comicvine is Goku.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is not the only character that seems to get a lot of hate on comicvine for stupid reasons.

People seem to dislike Hulk simply because they feel Superman could beat him easily, and that is pretty much it. No other reason at all.

This is actually true, because an awful lot of negativity on this forum comes from the people who think Superman beats Hulk easily. Whether that is hate or just their opinion however is hard to gauge.

Also, the Hulk is a fairly base character in that he is this rage machine who says stuff like "hulk smash" and fans of other characters like Thor get snooty at this.....

but yeah, if you removed the Superman fans who look down on Hulk a heck of a lot of what people call "hate" would disappear!!

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku for sure sheesh it's been years since a decent dbz thread... Let it go people.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@ariesxmasters said:

This is actually true, because an awful lot of negativity on this forum comes from the people who think Superman beats Hulk easily. Whether that is hate or just their opinion however is hard to gauge.

Also, the Hulk is a fairly base character in that he is this rage machine who says stuff like "hulk smash" and fans of other characters like Thor get snooty at this.....

but yeah, if you removed the Superman fans who look down on Hulk a heck of a lot of what people call "hate" would disappear!!

Like I think that is the only reason why Hulk gets so much hate. Again it is a stupid reason, but hey that is how Comicvine works.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Schwarz

@vitality: this is a comic book it is not real life. It is said in that comic book that Hulk's rage and anger is unlimited and strength is uncalculable and so it is. The fans are just sticking to the facts that the writers are putting out there. Saying Hulk's rage is limited even though it says that it is not would be like saying Tony Stark can't fly because in real life his suit doesn't exist. Stick to the comics, like I said it's not real life but stick with the facts. Relating to real life in fantasy comic books is quite ridiculous. Stick with what the writers wrote and don't make up stuff. Once again the writers stated in the comic books over and over again that Hulk's rage and anger is unlimited and that his strength is uncalculable so in the MU it is even if you don't like it or find it stupid it doesn't change thr fact that it is writen that way. If Hulk's strength is not unlimited because of real life then a lot of the other hero's skills don't exists either.

Marvel_is_Best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i tried to say hulk solos in a battle thread because he can and someone i follow says no

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz said:

@vitality: this is a comic book it is not real life. It is said in that comic book that Hulk's rage and anger is unlimited and strength is uncalculable and so it is. The fans are just sticking to the facts that the writers are putting out there. Saying Hulk's rage is limited even though it says that it is not would be like saying Tony Stark can't fly because in real life his suit doesn't exist. Stick to the comics, like I said it's not real life but stick with the facts. Relating to real life in fantasy comic books is quite ridiculous. Stick with what the writers wrote and don't make up stuff. Once again the writers stated in the comic books over and over again that Hulk's rage and anger is unlimited and that his strength is uncalculable so in the MU it is even if you don't like it or find it stupid it doesn't change thr fact that it is writen that way. If Hulk's strength is not unlimited because of real life then a lot of the other hero's skills don't exists either.

Hulk's power increase is stress dependent, not time dependent. Stressing Hulk makes his power grow, and if you stress him over a prolonged period his power will continue to grow.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: I was more talking about his infinite anger and rage. This other guy I replied to said his rage had a limit since there is always a limit to someone's rage. And then I replied to him that comic books are not real life and that it is stated IN MANY COMICS that hulk's rage and anger are unlimited and so IT IS.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#132  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@marvel_is_best said:

i tried to say hulk solos in a battle thread because he can and someone i follow says no

Lol if I'm correct on the thread you said Hulk solos on, that's not hating on Hulk. You're clearly overestimating him or are just biased towards him if you think he solos Justice Buster Batman, Starheart Alan, Cosmic Spiderman and Beta Ray Bill.

On to the topic at hand, I wouldn't say hated, okay well he does have his fair share of haters, but this seems to be more or less a battle forums thing. So I'd say yes he's underrated, especially when he faces someone with speed..

Avatar image for deactivated-625127ebf2404
    deactivated-625127ebf2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate the Hulk but the fans overrated him when they say that he is pratically indestructible or that can break a planet with one punch, but he has never shown this feats.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atomix: http://marvel.com/comics/series/16583/indestructible_hulk_2012_-_present, he is as indestructible as most top tier superheroes.

He has destroyed an asteroid twice the size of planet Earth and destroyed another planet as collateral damage without even touching it, you want scans?

If you wanna talk about Hulk fans overrating Hulk, there are plenty of actual valid examples. Like some say he can move at FTL(i have even seen this recently) and they do overrate his strength at times, but on this site Hulk is mostly underrated.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atomix: and this is the perfecr exemple of why I say most hulk haters are usually comic books casuals who don't really read much.

Hulk HAS punched an asteroid twice the size of the earth and there was a series called "indestructible hulk" you my friend just proved my point don't hate the fans hate the writers. I mean you hate the fans but the fans of Hulk are sticking to what they have seen in the comics... like this argument of you can't have infinite rage. Actually in most old school hulk comic books it does state that Hulk's rage has no limits. It is all a matter of if you are going to debate a subject or have an opinion, do your research.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz: Sorry i no that Hulk has destroyed an asteroid but i forget.

But even Hulk fans underrated other characters like Ben 10 is one of the best and waybig the sixth most powerful alien has tanked and overpowered a beam that has destroyed Pluto, they like says Hulk one punch or Hulk smash punny kid.

If you want proof see omniverse ( frog war part 2 ) and alien force ( x= ben + 2 )

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atomix: One shot seems a bit farfetched you are right on that. There isn't much one shots anymore. The last I seen of Hulk was punching Ms marvel so hard that she didn't really come back to the fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dc fanboys really underrated the Hulk

Hulk vs Wonder Woman = Wonder Woman Easly

Hulk vs Martian Manhunter = Martian Manhunter Easly

Hulk vs Superman = Superman Easly

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Schwarz

Don't worry a lot of members out here are pretty biased. I don't read their stuff. The bias went so far as saying that Sentry had stalemated hulk in World War Hulk. I kind of gave up reading other parts of the forum. The lesson to learn here is not because a bunch of haters or trolls get together and lowball a character in this instance Hulk that it makes it facts.

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meleegod said:

thats not it buddy its his PIS!!!

What PIS?

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atomix said:

Hulk vs Wonder Woman = Wonder Woman

Easly

That one is true.

Avatar image for hulksmashlittleman
    HULKSMASHLITTLEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atomix said:

Hulk vs Wonder Woman = Wonder Woman

Easly

Absolutely .So does Thor fans

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking about this earlier and one of the reasons Hulk doesn't get respect and is hated is Marvel comics themselves. Over the years they have humiliated him in showings against Spiderman and other streetlevellers like Wolverine who have run rings around him.....then the current comic where he has no quantifiable feat for years...by comparison Superman, who every DC fanboy likes to compare Hulk to is rarely humbled by anyone below powerhouse level (batman being the exception) and has regular showings of power and speed.

..but even in the 70s and 80s Hulk was fighting teams of super-powered heroes or villains and more than holding his own....so he doesn't deserve all the hate. The Thor v Hulk thing has been made worse since Thor became Hulk's bitch in the Avengers movie!

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hulk is not hated. Just Hulk fans think he is hated because in Battles he never wins against Superman. Get over it. He would never beat Clark

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is not hated. Just Hulk fans think he is hated because in Battles he never wins against Superman. Get over it. He would never beat Clark

If you think a popular character(no matter who it is) is not hated by some small or large group of people then you are smoking some really weird stuff. Most Hulk fans agree that Hulk would lose to Superman under normal circumstances. I would say that there are a lot of delusional Superman fanboys that can't accept Superman loses to more powerful versions of Hulk like WBH, which isn't that weird since a lot of Superman fanboys have trouble cooping with the fact that Superman is not even the strongest guy in the Justice League.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@atheistknowledge: There is literally no version of Hulk that can beat someone as versatile as Superman when he is not jobbing. My point here is that i see a lot of people assuming someone hates a character just because they think he would lose a battle or the other.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
    deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is not the most hated cahracter on Comic Vine, but Hulk fans are possibly the most hated Comic Vine members.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Yes there is if we stick just to 616 universe WBH beats him quite handily since he counters the only thing Clark ever had over Hulk that gave him victory, speed. Now if we go outside of 616 universe there are versions of Hulk that are as powerful as Galactus... so yea there are version that would obliterate Clark into nonexistence.

No people assume Hulk is hated because of quite the opposite reasons, more then often he beats their favorite characters which is what pisses them off because Hulk is a dumb slow brick so they get triggered.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
    deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:

If you think a popular character(no matter who it is) is not hated by some small or large group of people then you are smoking some really weird stuff. Most Hulk fans agree that Hulk would lose to Superman under normal circumstances. I would say that there are a lot of delusional Superman fanboys that can't accept Superman loses to more powerful versions of Hulk like WBH, which isn't that weird since a lot of Superman fanboys have trouble cooping with the fact that Superman is not even the strongest guy in the Justice League.

I would say that there are less Superman fans that would dare to say that Superman beats WBH than there are Hulk fans that say that Hulk can beat MMH.

By the way, I would say that Superman is probably the strongest member of Justice League, along with Wonder Woman (although WW god mode might be stronger, but that's hard to say since Supes usually holds back a bit). Who else can rival these two in New 52, Hal Jordan? Shazam? Neither has shown much impressive stuff so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.