The End of MCU Hulk.

• 57 results
#51 Posted by Thedailybagel (12900 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: The watch idea is really cool and a great way of keeping things fresh for Ruffalo (similar to Marvel switching up Thor to keep Chris Hemsworth on board).

With regards to your last paragraph, Hulk has had a pretty big role in almost every film he’s been in that wasn’t directed by the Russo’s and they had allot of creative freedom with what they did. I don’t think the fate of be character should hinge on the opinion of one directing duo.

#52 Posted by ganon15 (7211 posts) - - Show Bio

The Russo's completely shat on him in the past 2 movies

#53 Posted by theacidskull (22026 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: The watch idea is really cool and a great way of keeping things fresh for Ruffalo (similar to Marvel switching up Thor to keep Chris Hemsworth on board).

With regards to your last paragraph, Hulk has had a pretty big role in almost every film he’s been in that wasn’t directed by the Russo’s and they had allot of creative freedom with what they did. I don’t think the fate of be character should hinge on the opinion of one directing duo.

I'm just saying that hoping for it hasn't gotten me far. If it happens, shit, I'll be the first to cheer.

#54 Posted by bonifidehustla (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Just remember lying Russos was like Hulk not scared of Thanos. End Game they proved that he was they can make all the excuses they want they just flat out lied to Hulk fans.

#55 Posted by Hulk_monger (9 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk was severely misused and I agree with all the people who think the Russos don't care for the character. Solving the Hulk/Banner conflict off-screen is the weakest resolution to a three film character arc I could imagine.

And not having him fight at all in the battle is just a head-scratcher. If memory serves, we even see him charging in when the two armies square off (only saw it once, so maybe I'm wrong there.)

Getting a brief moment of redemptive combat vs Thanos would have gotten the second biggest cheer in the theater after Captain using the hammer, guaranteed. Would've even been fun to see a cocky Thanos see Hulk and say "what are you gonna do?" and have smart Hulk calmly say, "Smash." Fun way to show how Banner retained control but could tap into Hulk's power.

Overall, omitting him from all the action was just a huge missed opportunity. glad he got the snap. Otherwise, the character and his overall arc were very disrespected.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
#56 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2387 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulk_monger: upon seeing the Hulk’s reluctance in wanting to emerge in Infinity War, it led to many questions as to just why Hulk was refusing to take over. Was it out of fear, or as the Russos explained, because Hulk was tired of being Banner’s hero? None of those explanations were thoroughly explored in Endgame. All we got was, "Banner controls the Hulk now", and that was that. It’s a bummer because that explanation could have been explored so much more than it was. I was looking forward to that sweet moment of payoff when Banner and Hulk shake hands and agree to merge, that would have been awesome to finally see! And smash cut to him already there? Such a waste. I read they even wrote, maybe even filmed (I forget), the actual scene but couldn’t find a place for it. Dumb.

#57 Posted by Hulk_monger (9 posts) - - Show Bio

In the MCU, does Hulk's strength increase with his rage? It occurred to me that I have no recollection of that being discussed or portrayed in any of the movies. Maybe the Norton one? Haven't seen it in forever. Seems like a weird thing to completely omit, since it's a fundamental aspect of the character.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
#58 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2387 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulk_monger: He actually got mad in Age of ultron when he fought hulkbuster.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.