Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

The End of MCU Hulk.

• 70 results
    Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. I have no idea why MCU treat the Hulk like shit in MCU. We got from hulk being a kick ass in Avengers 1 where he one shot a leviatan ship and ragdoll Loki with ease.

2. We also got Hulk who couldn't even resist scarlet witch mind-control or couldn't even defeat iron man

3. We also got a Hulk that a comic relief in Ragnarok but still a manageable Hulk

4. To a Hulk that got his ass kicked easily by Thanos to the extent that the stupid Russo brothers had to give excuses that Hulk is tired of being used by Banner. Also got weakened by in Endgame. Huge disappointment. feel like MCU is done with the Hulk. The Russo brothers deliberately don't like the Hulk or they don't know how to handle super power beings and want things grounded. I don't think there's is future for Hulk in MCU. Shame on Kevin Feige and The Russo brothers. Maybe Captain America will beat the Hulk next in MCU. Its just sad.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there even a "Hulk" left or just Banner?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd506f3299da
    deactivated-5cd506f3299da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't understand why people care this much?

We haven't had a solo Hulk move in over 10 years, Hulk doesn't even exist in the MCU currently, it's literally just Banner in Hulks body, it wasn't even the Professor/Merged Hulk.

The Ragnarok thing was also a joke, Hulk was a bumbling buffoon that was suppose to be funny in every scene... Hulk is not suppose to be funny and that whole movie ruined the chances of there ever being a Planet Hulk, only the most iconic Hulk story ever.

The sooner you guys come to grips with the fact that we are likely never again going to see Savage Hulk on the big screen, let alone him doing his solo movie the better it will be. It's clear Marvel isn't interested in Hulk much since they don't own the rights to a solo movie to him which is why he appeared for less than 2 minutes in Infinity War and barely appeared or did anything at all in Endgame, actually he appeared arguably less in Endgame since it wasn't Hulk but Banner in Hulks body, he fought no one he had a moment of using the glove which was underwhelming and short lived, it literally destroyed his arm permanently(yes the Russos confirmed his arm wont be able to heal).

Just let it go, focus on the comics, we have an amazing Hulk in the comics right now and i honestly couldn't care less about the movies, in fact i stopped caring for comic book movies ages ago.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subner0: The Russo brothers confirmation of Hulk not being able to heal is bullshit. Hulk is known for having one of the most powerful healing factor in comics but this is MCU, but still healing factor shouldn't be taken away from him.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. He beat the piss out of iron man and only lost due to being distracted and none of the other avengers resisted Wanda's TP either

2. He wasnt comic relief in Ragnarok

3. Did you think he would beat Thanos ? He wasnt weakened in EG

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: He healed in Incredible Hulk and Ragnarok what are you talking about

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: How come he wasn't able to heal when the infinity gauntlet damage his hand when hulk is famously known to heal rapidly?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: There is a scene in Ragnarok where he literally shows his ass, come on dude he was an obvious comic relief there, the whole movie was nothing but jokes, it works for Thor but it didn't really work for Hulk.

He healed in those others movies but not here, the Russo brothers confirmed the damage to his arm is permanent https://screenrant.com/avengers-endgame-hulk-arm-damage-permanent/

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subner0: I know the Russo brothers confirmed it but that was a stupid excuse for hulk not to heal. Hopefully, they'l bring him back. They'll recast Rufallo

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
    MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should seperate Hulk and Banner

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Iron Man ragdolled him most of that fight

Which he was shaking off

@subner0 said:

@kgb725: There is a scene in Ragnarok where he literally shows his ass, come on dude he was an obvious comic relief there, the whole movie was nothing but jokes, it works for Thor but it didn't really work for Hulk.

He healed in those others movies but not here, the Russo brothers confirmed the damage to his arm is permanent https://screenrant.com/avengers-endgame-hulk-arm-damage-permanent/

Irrelevant. He showed his ass for maybe 5 seconds that's not comedic relief

@kgb725: How come he wasn't able to heal when the infinity gauntlet damage his hand when hulk is famously known to heal rapidly?

To even hold 1 infinity stone requires great power let alone use all 6 for a universal power move.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: What does it matter how long he showed his ass for? Nobody wants to see his ass, he acted like mumbling baffoon the whole movie, that was not Hulk. Hulk is scary he is angry and intimidating he doesnt play fetch with characters lie Valkyrie. Hulk should act the way he acted in the first 2 movies.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: But that shouldn't stop him from not healing. They just want to nerf hulk. plain and simple

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: But that shouldn't stop him from not healing. They just want to nerf hulk. plain and simple

Yes it does. If Thanos who is stronger and tougher cant Heal then how can Hulk?

@subner0 said:

@kgb725: What does it matter how long he showed his ass for? Nobody wants to see his ass, he acted like mumbling baffoon the whole movie, that was not Hulk. Hulk is scary he is angry and intimidating he doesnt play fetch with characters lie Valkyrie. Hulk should act the way he acted in the first 2 movies.

You're clearly thinking of Thor. Hulk was slightly playful with Valkyrie before they went to go and do some combat training what's the big deal ? He wasnt a bafoon in any of his fights but because he showed his ass for less than a minute hes a bumbling idiot..... yea ok

Go read the comics if you think hes intimidating all the time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: No i am thinking of Hulk. The big deal is Hulk isn't suppose to run around like a 5 year old child, making funny jokes. I am not interested in going back and forth with you on this if you don't get it, you don't get it, maybe watch this video and it will explain to you more what was lost in Ragnarok Hulk

Loading Video...

I am reading comics, i am reading Immortal Hulk and it's amazing. I ain't gonna worry about a Hulk we ain't gonna see anymore, because he is getting replaced by She-Hulk in a TV series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Yes it does. If Thanos who is stronger and tougher cant Heal then how can Hulk?

Also this makes no sense. Healing factor has nothing to do with overall power, Deadpool is much, MUCH weaker than Superman in every way but he has a far better healing factor. Hulk has a far better healing factor than Thanos in the comics. Being strong and tough doesn't mean you automatically have a better healing factor than someone else.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subner0: Yes it does. The side effects of the IG cannot be reversed. Thanos entire side is pretty much done and he couldnt heal it with the gauntlet

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subner0 said:

@kgb725: No i am thinking of Hulk. The big deal is Hulk isn't suppose to run around like a 5 year old child, making funny jokes. I am not interested in going back and forth with you on this if you don't get it, you don't get it, maybe watch this video and it will explain to you more what was lost in Ragnarok Hulk

Loading Video...

I am reading comics, i am reading Immortal Hulk and it's amazing. I ain't gonna worry about a Hulk we ain't gonna see anymore, because he is getting replaced by She-Hulk in a TV series.

Besides the smoldering fire what was a joke that he made ? Theres literally nothing to get you're using 1 scene for an entire movie. He made no jokes during the Coliseum or the rainbow bridge fights

SheHulk isnt replacing him. If you read the comics then you should know Hulk is not always treated as intimidating and scary when hes not fighting

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Hulk even in Endgame... except that they didn't let him fight once after only giving him 30 seconds of screen time in Infinity War. In the two biggest Avengers movies - one of the OG 6 didn't do anything. Let that sink in. They decide that the gauntlet is too much damage to heal quickly? Fine. That doesn't mean Hulk, who even with one good arm and two legs would be a top 10 most powerful character on the battlefield, should be useless during the climactic battle. In fact, it would have been cool to see a severely damaged Hulk doing something epic, like defeating Cull Obsidian with one good arm (akin to the last movie with Hulkbuster).

But no, the Russos hate Hulk. That much is obvious. And now they are telling us Hulk won't heal, because they don't want anyone else to use him either. Gross.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subner0: Hulk got some jokes too in comics bro!! let me give you an example of 2 funny moment in hulk comics that everyone liked

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@subner0: Yes it does. The side effects of the IG cannot be reversed. Thanos entire side is pretty much done and he couldnt heal it with the gauntlet

That's fine that just mean Hulk lost his arm forever, but you make the false assumption that healing is based on how powerful someone is, which is nonsense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
    @subner0 said:

Loading Video...

Besides the smoldering fire what was a joke that he made ? Theres literally nothing to get you're using 1 scene for an entire movie. He made no jokes during the Coliseum or the rainbow bridge fights

SheHulk isnt replacing him. If you read the comics then you should know Hulk is not always treated as intimidating and scary when hes not fighting

Just watch the video and you will understand.

Also it was already rumored that she will likely replace him https://www.looper.com/150970/hulkshe-hulk-series-rumored-to-be-in-development-at-disney/ and now that he has lost his arm forever what is he suppose to do? You think they are gonna make movies with 1 armed Banner Hulk?

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The directors can do whatever they want if it’s bringing the studios 2 billion plus

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

They don’t have the rights to a solo movie so he isn’t a focus. I think the Russo’s really badly mishandled him but idk why anyone cares this much, he’s funny and he has a few feats. The complaints about MCU Hulk are almost as annoying as the Russo’s treatment of him.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@thedailybagel said:

They don’t have the rights to a solo movie, so he isn’t a focus. I think the Russo’s really badly mishandled him but idk why anyone cares this much, he’s funny and he has a few feats. The complaints about MCU Hulk are almost as annoying as the Russo’s treatment of him.

Are people saying Endgame sucks? Are people saying the movie was garbage? No? Okay, then what's so annoying about being upset when your favorite character gets dragged through the mud?

The Russo's did a fantastic job with Iron Man, Captain America, Barton, and even Natasha, which seems to be their area of expertise.

Argue to me about Thor and Hulk all you want, but I don't think it's unreasonable to complain or be upset about two founding members essentially being shafted. Remember when they said Hulk and Banner were headed towards a clash of sorts? Where the hell was that? The merger, Planet Hulk, and even the Banner-Hulk story are huge development arcs for the character, all of which were either watered down or entirely changed for the sake of someone else. I liked Ragnarok, but I assumed they were using Hulk sparingly to focus on him later. Then he barely appeared in infinity war, and again, I assumed they wanted to use him sparingly for the big finale, mainly because, once everyone got snapped away, we were essentially left with six founding Avengers. Instead, Hulk's big moment (the clash/merger) happens off-screen, the Hulk persona is all but gone since Banner clearly inherited none of the Hulks fighting spirit, and now, the Russo's confirmed that Hulk's right arm was crippled. Apparently, he's not getting his arm back, which, by the way, didn't happen because of the snap, it happened because Hulk wore the Gauntlet, and by some miracle, Tony handled it better than he did(aside from the snap).

I assume most fans aren't even upset with where they went with the character. I loved a wholesome Professor Hulk, but he didn't do anything in the final fight. ANYTHING. Would one moment have been too much? He could have just lifted the mansion off himself at the very least instead of waiting for Ant-man to do it. He was left out of one of the biggest superhero throwdowns in history, which wouldn't be a problem if he had anything to do in the last few movies. That's what's upsetting. And with him being permanently crippled? It sounds like they quickly retired him, or are setting up his retirement from the superhero business. I mean, they already teased an all Woman's team, so it's not unlikely that Bruce may be replaced by she-Hulk in the near future. So yeah, I think it's not crazy to be upset as a Hulk fan. None of this makes Endgame a shitty movie, but it means that, for many, it's not as great as it could have been.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd742ec88b57
    deactivated-5cd742ec88b57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is gone. It's just Banner left.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I like the idea of of professor Hulk as well but to be honest, Hulk doesn't need to be smart to be given instructions to snap is fingers bringing everyone back together. Still cool though, but the Russo brothers saying hulk hand is damage permanently is stupid. I don't think they have any idea who the hell Hulk is. Hulk has one of the most powerful healing factor in Marvel and he can heal from anything. Russo brothers don't know how to handle power house characters. They better fix him. It baffles me godzilla is having his own movie coming next month and another one coming maybe 2 years time, yet Hulk cannot have a movie? godzilla is a mindless monster and he still manage to have his own movie and made so much money. Hulk on the other hand can't have his solo movie for what reason. Incredible hulk movie failed in the box office but that was 2008 when people don't really care for super hero movies but this is 2019, people are in love with MCU and making Hulk movie would help the movie make so much money up to a billion dollars.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@theacidskull:

Are people saying Endgame sucks? Are people saying the movie was garbage? No? Okay, then what's so annoying about being upset when your favorite character gets dragged through the mud?

There's a difference between being a bit dissapointed by the handling of a specific character and this:

"Huge disappointment. feel like MCU is done with the Hulk. The Russo brothers deliberately don't like the Hulk or they don't know how to handle super power beings and want things grounded. I don't think there's is future for Hulk in MCU. Shame on Kevin Feige and The Russo brothers."

I was upset about what they did with Bruce and admittedly it left me having a bit of a dissapointment but I wasn't angry because I didn't go in with a huge expectation.

Argue to me about Thor and Hulk all you want, but I don't think it's unreasonable to complain or be upset about two founding members essentially being shafted

To be honest, I actually really liked what they did with Thor but I can understand the complaints.

And with him being permanently crippled? It sounds like they quickly retired him, or are setting up his retirement from the superhero business. I mean, they already teased an all Woman's team, so it's not unlikely that Bruce may be replaced by she-Hulk in the near future. So yeah, I think it's not crazy to be upset as a Hulk fan. None of this makes Endgame a shitty movie, but it means that, for many, it's not as great as it could have been.

I can agree with most of what you've said because my comment was directed at people losing their shit over it, however I'm actually optimistic about Hulk's future, way more than others seem to be. Him being permanantely crippled (I'm not bothering with spoiler blocks given that this thread will obviously have spoilers) was said by the Russos who have involvement in zero Marvel Movies going forward and clearly didn't have much interest in Hulk to begind with. On top of that, with Cap and Tony off the board and Thor in space, Hulk is the most popular Avenger left on Earth as well as being part of the original 6 and also happens to be the easiest character to replace with different actors. That along with the new Spidey trailer (which if you haven't seen has opened the gateway for alternate universes) means that Bruce can come back in a 100 different ways. Heck, I could imagine K'ai being used as a replacement for Sakaar if Hulk ever got a solo movie.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#31  Edited By KrleAvenger
    • Not resisting Scarlet Witch's mind control is not bad at all. Also she possessed Banner, not the Hulk. If anything, it made Hulk more scary and aggressive, which lead to a badass fight scene.
    • He was beating Iron Man. He only lost when he mostly calmed down and got sucker punched. And he used the armor specifically designed to fight the Hulk, one Banner himself helped create.
    • He was not a comedy relief in Ragnarok at all. Neither was Banner. Banner had one comedy relief scene, but that entire movie is disrespectful comedy. If anything, Hulk was better introduced in that movie than Thor due to not having cringe worthy dialogue and being a badass who kicked the crap out of Thor. He was also stated to be the strongest Avenger in that movie so there is that.
    • Being defeated by Thanos is not bad at all.

While I agree he was not very well used in Endgame, and him not appearing in Infinity War was a led down, they still had Banner as the one who will undo what Thanos has done. That is very impressive to me. And while we never really see him smash, none of that really means it is the end of the Hulk.

While he gets treated the worst out of the big 4, he still gets at least some respect. Hell he even smashed Ultron who bested Thor if you want to go there. Anyway, mostly the lack of interest in using Hulk is due to lack of exposure, and that is because Universal holds rights to his movies, which prevented them from making more Hulk movies.

So they do not necessarily hate the Hulk. It is just the rights thing, and it makes sense to force characters you have rights to (Iron Man, Cap, Thor) from production standpoint. Even if we go on to say that Russos strait up do not like the Hulk as a character, that does not mean much because it is not like they are involved in any more projects.

Avengers are done.

Maybe Captain America will beat the Hulk next in MCU. Its just sad

This seems like baseless rant at this point. We don't see Cap kicking the crap out of Thor, nor do we see him using the Infinity Gauntlet. And it is not like they were disrespectful to the Hulk power wise. They had him job for Thanos. That is not disrespectful because that is Thanos. Big 3 also got curbstomped by him. The only bad thing he goes through is lack of exposure and use, and that is mostly production and rights thing.

Does MCU Hulk deserve more respect? Definitely.

But he was not treated disrespectfully. He is just overshadowed by Cap, Tony and Thor. And speaking of which, Thor was top tier comedy relief who can not be taken seriously in both Thor Ragnarok and Endgame, and Captain America did not really do anything in Infinity War and that can bother a lot of people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: You are making up lots of excuses, but i beg you to justify to me Hulk doing jack shit in Infinity War and Endgame. In IW he appeared for 2 min got his ass kicked and we didn't see him for the entire movie. In Endgame it was Banner in Hulks body and he didn't have a single fight scene.

Not to mention that having Banner in Hulks body just kills the whole point of Hulk itself.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@subner0: So essentially you basically said everything I myself said and pointed out. Good job. I don't have to justify anything. I myself said Hulk deserves more respect. I was just trying to say how the OP was over exaggerating with his rant. Surviving putting on the Infinity Gauntlet and undoing what Thanos has done is not jack shit so that is wrong. I did not make up a single excuse aside from the Hulkbuster part so that is wrong as well. Universal having rights is not an excuse. That is just a fact. Thanos being OP is not an excuse. He gave Cap, Tony, Thor and even Carol the same treatment.

Not to mention that having Banner in Hulks body just kills the whole point of Hulk itself.

Tell that to Peter David, so called greatest Hulk writer who came up with the idea.

I never said the idea is good so I do not really care about this point anyway. Seems way better to me than treating Thor like an absolute joke in Ragnarok, and making jokes about his weight in Endgame. But that's personal preference.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: You think i give a damn that Hulk put on a gauntlet and survived it with permanent damage? How about putting on that gauntlet AFTER you had some great fight, it blows my mind that a movie can have a Hulk and not use him to fight ANYTHING. You absolutely did make up excuses, you came here in full damage control mode with nothing to offer. Marvel has literally bought back the entire X-men and F4, they could easily get the rights to Hulk solo movie from universal, especially since Universal doesn't care about Hulk or has any plans for him, but Marvel is not interested.

Ok so now you confirmed to me that you know nothing about what you are talking. Peter David did not come up with the idea of Banner being in Hulks body, he came up with the idea of merging Savage Hulk, Joe Fixit and Banner into one personality.

No Caption Provided

This is not what we got in Endgame, we got Banner in Hulks body which is a random concept they did briefly back in Secret Wars(the first Secret Wars). And we don't even get to see that transformation, all of it happened off screen.

I am not talking about Thor here but Hulk, Thor was also treated poorly but at least he did something in Infinity War in fact he did quite a lot, Hulk did jack shit.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AbstractRaze

They also not only hate Hulk but Thor too, they had to nerf strong characters in order to highlight others and that's not how things actually work, it's like to see a kid destroying the sandcastle of another kid because he can't build one, like as that is the only way for the MCU to achieve equality, a little bit socialist tendency, but again, that's the agenda from Disney.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel said:

@theacidskull:

There's a difference between being a bit dissapointed by the handling of a specific character and this:

"Huge disappointment. feel like MCU is done with the Hulk. The Russo brothers deliberately don't like the Hulk or they don't know how to handle super power beings and want things grounded. I don't think there's is future for Hulk in MCU. Shame on Kevin Feige and The Russo brothers."

I was upset about what they did with Bruce and admittedly it left me having a bit of a dissapointment but I wasn't angry because I didn't go in with a huge expectation.

Argue to me about Thor and Hulk all you want, but I don't think it's unreasonable to complain or be upset about two founding members essentially being shafted

To be honest, I actually really liked what they did with Thor but I can understand the complaints.

And with him being permanently crippled? It sounds like they quickly retired him, or are setting up his retirement from the superhero business. I mean, they already teased an all Woman's team, so it's not unlikely that Bruce may be replaced by she-Hulk in the near future. So yeah, I think it's not crazy to be upset as a Hulk fan. None of this makes Endgame a shitty movie, but it means that, for many, it's not as great as it could have been.

I can agree with most of what you've said because my comment was directed at people losing their shit over it, however I'm actually optimistic about Hulk's future, way more than others seem to be. Him being permanantely crippled (I'm not bothering with spoiler blocks given that this thread will obviously have spoilers) was said by the Russos who have involvement in zero Marvel Movies going forward and clearly didn't have much interest in Hulk to begind with. On top of that, with Cap and Tony off the board and Thor in space, Hulk is the most popular Avenger left on Earth as well as being part of the original 6 and also happens to be the easiest character to replace with different actors. That along with the new Spidey trailer (which if you haven't seen has opened the gateway for alternate universes) means that Bruce can come back in a 100 different ways. Heck, I could imagine K'ai being used as a replacement for Sakaar if Hulk ever got a solo movie.

Eh, I do see your point, but optimism got me a slap to the cheek. I was so sure we'd get another "I'm always angry" moment or something conclusive with Hulk, that I was dumbfounded when we didn't. Guess that one's on me, so I think I'm done with the MCU for a while until more solid plans are announced.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I do see your point, but optimism got me a slap to the cheek. I was so sure we'd get another "I'm always angry" moment or something conclusive with Hulk, that I was dumbfounded when we didn't. Guess that one's on me, so I think I'm done with the MCU for a while until more solid plans are announced.

If they would have only treated Hulk a little better in one way or another... He heals from the snap, he lifts the tower off of them, he does literally anything in the final battle. Any of those things would have made the movie that much better. As is, it's almost perfect, but Hulk is my second biggest complaint in the film. Seems to be the case for most people too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Yea about Hulks future in the MCU, don't be too optimistic, it hasn't paid of for anyone so far. Since there seem to be plans for a series where Banner passes the mantle of Hulk to She-Hulk.

https://www.looper.com/150970/hulkshe-hulk-series-rumored-to-be-in-development-at-disney/

And before you say, yes it's a rumor but it's also a rumor from a source that has been spot on in the past and seeing as Marvel really just doesn't care much about Hulk this is likely going to be the case.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest I never thought Ruffalo was a good fit for Banner. It might partially be the fact he looks nothing like him but even his personality is pretty different. Hulk has been comic relief for a while now.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@theacidskull: To he honest, I saw the film twice and the first time I was literally just waiting for Hulk to do something in the final fight and then he just... Didn’t. I was really disappointed in the moment. However I saw the film again a week later and enjoyed it way more since I wasn’t waiting in anticipation for Hulk to do something.

I just feel that these are movies directed by people that aren’t comic writers and don’t need to research comic characters all that much yknow? I don’t see the point in getting super angry over it. Granted, I think Hulk getting amped up and fighting Thanos again was a huge missed opportunity on the Russo’s part. Not even as a hulk fan, but just from a perspective of pure spectacle.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bonifidehustla

I just know people defending Hulk not fighting in End game are hypocrites. I bet if you had the whole Avengers movie only talking and action it would flop. People go to these movies for action. Knowing this sick society they probably going to say Hulk and Thor is toxic masculinity. When that would fit Iron Man more than anything.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk might be in Dr strange 2. seeing how he met with the Ancient one and Dr strange. Just a speculation though

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, I won't be surprised if they make Cap beat the Hulk.

Absolutely ridiculous the way they treated some characters in endgame, especially the Hulk and to a lesser extend, Thor.

Cap can only beat Hulk with Mjolnir and his shield...if he doesn't mess up and get disarmed. Thor was fine, he was at his lowest point. I too wish Hulk got more combat showings than just killing fodder. It's odd to me that he didn't try to stop Thanos even once in EG, but maybe it really is fear that's causing Hulk not to surface. I think they did with Hulk what they did with Iron Man through most of IM3. Try to show another side of the character, except the pay-off was a universal snap instead of the Iron Legion. I admit the snap was a great feat and good for story, but not the most fun to watch. Cap, Thor, and Iron Man certainly got their chance to fight Thanos and Hawkeye at least did what he could as a weaker Avenger and carried the gauntlet. I guess it was perfectly balanced to only have half the original Avengers fight Thanos.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake said:
    @luminoushydra said:

At this point, I won't be surprised if they make Cap beat the Hulk.

Absolutely ridiculous the way they treated some characters in endgame, especially the Hulk and to a lesser extend, Thor.

Cap can only beat Hulk with Mjolnir and his shield...if he doesn't mess up and get disarmed. Thor was fine, he was at his lowest point. I too wish Hulk got more combat showings than just killing fodder. It's odd to me that he didn't try to stop Thanos even once in EG, but maybe it really is fear that's causing Hulk not to surface. I think they did with Hulk what they did with Iron Man through most of IM3. Try to show another side of the character, except the pay-off was a universal snap instead of the Iron Legion. I admit the snap was a great feat and good for story, but not the most fun to watch. Cap, Thor, and Iron Man certainly got their chance to fight Thanos and Hawkeye at least did what he could as a weaker Avenger and carried the gauntlet. I guess it was perfectly balanced to only have half the original Avengers fight Thanos.

In the end. The hulk is the hero of the day. He brought back everyone. If it wasn't for him, thanos would have won. Professor Hulk proved to be smarter than Iron man. lol. But one thing that we all wanted to see him do is smash. Hulk might appear in Dr strange 2, seeing as he knows dr strange and all that. Possibility bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Yea about Hulks future in the MCU, don't be too optimistic, it hasn't paid of for anyone so far. Since there seem to be plans for a series where Banner passes the mantle of Hulk to She-Hulk.

https://www.looper.com/150970/hulkshe-hulk-series-rumored-to-be-in-development-at-disney/

And before you say, yes it's a rumor but it's also a rumor from a source that has been spot on in the past and seeing as Marvel really just doesn't care much about Hulk this is likely going to be the case.

Called it. Nothing confirmed yet, but I'm very confident this is what will happen.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@deactivated-5cd506f3299da said:

Called it. Nothing confirmed yet, but I'm very confident this is what will happen.

Eh I think it'll flop. Hulk is a bigger draw to audiences, even if it's not anytime soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdaa831a470a
    deactivated-5cdaa831a470a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:
    @deactivated-5cd506f3299da said:

Eh I think it'll flop. Hulk is a bigger draw to audiences, even if it's not anytime soon.

I will be honest with you guys i think Marvel just doesn't want to risk it with Hulk anymore. This whole "universal has the rights to Hulk solo" nonsense is something Marvel has been riding on forever and it's an absolutely bullshit excuse given how much money Marvel(Disney) has right now and the fact that they already bought to rights of F4 and X-men so they really have no excuse i am pretty sure universal would sell Hulk to them since his license is useless to them now. The only reason Disney isn't buying the rights is because they don't want to risk another flop, it's quite possible they convinced themselves with the 2 past failed Hulk movies that Hulk just can't support his own film and needs a cast of characters. Obvious bullshit... but hey...

If i had the power right now to change any of this, I'd honestly go with the horror theme for Hulk, the way Al has been doing with Immortal Hulk. I think the cinema scene hasn't had a good Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde story in quite some time with a horror theme and atmosphere, maybe even some gore and just have it rated R like the Deadpool movies. I think that take would actually work.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@subner00: I’m really not sure the Hulk is a suit for a live action horror esque movie. In an ideal world with a good director it would obviously be amazing... But the problem is that a large majority of the Hulk fan base is too young and the horror elements are too new and non mainstream to most fans (even older ones who may have picked up a comic before).

I think a Hulk film needs to be something like Avatar, they’d need to focus on amazing cgi and spectacle moreso than most other marvel movies imo. Characters have their draw and Hulk’s is spectacle with mainstream audiences. That’s why I thought Planet Hulk would’ve been perfect and I really hope they manage to do it within the next 20 years or something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel said:

@subner00: I’m really not sure the Hulk is a suit for a live action horror esque movie. In an ideal world with a good director it would obviously be amazing... But the problem is that a large majority of the Hulk fan base is too young and the horror elements are too new and non mainstream to most fans (even older ones who may have picked up a comic before).

I think a Hulk film needs to be something like Avatar, they’d need to focus on amazing cgi and spectacle moreso than most other marvel movies imo. Characters have their draw and Hulk’s is spectacle with mainstream audiences. That’s why I thought Planet Hulk would’ve been perfect and I really hope they manage to do it within the next 20 years or something.

I agree that Immortal Hulk's not going to happen unless they incorporate JUST the Immortal aspect. However, they'd probably have to do that comedically or tone down the Carpenter vibes because of the MCU's demographic, and that would seriously devalue the story that AL has woven together so far.

I think Hulk starting an agent of smash or something like that is better and fits more into the MCU vibe. Plus, I cannot believe they aren't utilizing the multiple personality aspect. Hell, Banner could have MacGyvered a watch that lets him access different personalities for different missions and stuff. I'm sure Ruffallo would love playing different characters while still being the same person, plus it would give Marvel some serious business opportunities in terms of selling merchandise.

The sad truth is, however...

...Is that we've been saying stuff like this since Ragnarok and it bore no fruit. I think it's time we admit that The Cinematic Universe isn't interested in Hulk. Whedon was on the right track with the character, and I thought the Russo brothers would take it further, but they took the easy way out with this plot-line.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.