Report: Mark Ruffalo on Set for 'Captain America: Civil War'

• 71 results
#51 Edited by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Edited by Schwarz (584 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I see it and I hope it goes that way is that something bad will happen because of Hulk, they will send him to space like the story is supposed to go and that will spark civil war. Or Banner will send himself to space because of what happened in AoU. or the Iluminati. Red Hulk came after world war hulk meaning civil war was long over. I just hope they will stick to the original story or at least keep is similar. Seeing Hulk during civil war doesn't make sense and kind of spits on one of the greatest series of Hulk, Planet Hulk.

#53 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:
@lvenger said:

@teerack: But it doesn't explain why he would go back to a public place after his mind controlled rampage in Age of Ultron. Moreover, the synopsis implies the Avengers are directly responsible for causing casualties and collateral damage.

So... you have never read a hulk story or...? How many times has Banner tried to avoid being dragged back into the world and gone off into seclusion? At LEAST 50 times.

Well if that's the case, I wonder who that copy of Planet Hulk in my house belongs to when only 1 person in my family is interested in comic books?

As for your other point, it's kind of true but in the MCU, Banner has taken long exiles away from largely populated places. He hid in Brazil at the start of Incredible Hulk because it's not exactly up to date technologically with the rest of the Western World and only got discovered because his blood was in one of the energy drinks. He then moved to India or somewhere in Asia for a year after that film and only got pulled back into the game because of the Tesserect. My point is Banner doesn't tend to go to Western cities, so why would he change his mind in Civil War?

@teerack said:

@ravenvice01: This movie's end credits will be the set up for planet hulk.

1. There are several outright statements from Marvel executives like Feige and co giving their opinion on how difficult a Planet Hulk film would be to create. And that there might not be enough demand for a solo Hulk film, hence why he's just been in Avengers films.
  2. The original source material focuses entirely on Hulk, not Banner and audiences love Ruffalo's performance as much as they loved seeing Hulk smash in the Avengers. Asking Ruffalo to take a backseat role might not blow over well since he's involved in the CGI process of the Hulk too.
  3. Distribution rights are held at Universal and currently Marvel's greed and focus only on properties they own all the rights for would probably overrule.
  4. How does Hulk help the Avengers in Infinity War against Thanos if he's all the way on Sakaar? Marvel wouldn't leave out the Avengers' heaviest hitter against someone like Thanos.
  5. And how do Marvel make a Planet Hulk film they haven't announced yet?
#54 Posted by Mcaraballo77 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: i highly doubt that banner already cut loose in wakanda.

#55 Posted by Mcaraballo77 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that instead of spider man revealing his identity the hulk is going to turn himself in.

#56 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: So your point is that in the Marvel Cinamatic Universe Banner tries to avoid highly populated places, but wasn't able to avoid getting gadded back into them, so how could he get dragged back into them....? You don't see how you've already proven yourself wrong? Are you trying to say you don't think the next time we see Hulk there won't be a plot? >.<

#58 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: No, I'm saying Banner doesn't tend to stay in Western populated areas, why would he show up in Stamford or America? AOU made it clear Banner wanted to go back to being under the radar again, I'm pretty sure he won't show up in Civil War and will be saved for Infinity Wars instead. I don't know what your last sentence is trying to say though.

#59 Edited by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: So you don't understand the fundamental concept of the Hulk?

You've manged to solve Bruce Banner's life long plight. Just never lose control of the Hulk again, brilliant.

#60 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Considering Banner was stated to not have transformed into the Hulk for an entire year after The Incredible Hulk, the MCU sure did give their version of Banner some insane control over the Hulk.

Also I was saying the MCU Banner doesn't tend to stay in Western cities, not the comic book version.

#61 Edited by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

@teerack: Considering Banner was stated to not have transformed into the Hulk for an entire year after The Incredible Hulk, the MCU sure did give their version of Banner some insane control over the Hulk.

Also I was saying the MCU Banner doesn't tend to stay in Western cities, not the comic book version.

Every version of Bruce Banner has tried to control the Hulk and it's always worked for a while and then ended in disaster.(See AoU) Captain America 3 will most likely have some kind of plot in it, so it's not as if the movie will just people everyone sitting around the room they started the movie in.... Banner in the movies just like the ones in the comics has tried hiding out of the US and it never works. Someone comes looking for him and he runs and gets cornered and then transforms and that's it. The Hulk has traveled from western Asia to Arizona in one transformation over one night before so it doesn't matter where he is as long as something keeps antagonizing him. It takes ever a big lack of knowledge in the Hulk or a severe lack of creativity to think "oh Banner is in hiding so the Hulk rampaging is impossible."

#62 Posted by Thedailybagel (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly wouldn't like hulk to have a big role in civil war. The only person able to contend with him in the entire avengers roster would be thor, so whatever side has hulk would be pretty much unbeatable. Either that or hulk gets beat by street levelers armed with plot tech or something like that.

Although Id love for bruce to have a large role, I just wouldn't like to have hulk fight for a particular side.

#63 Posted by Thedailybagel (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: a theory going around at the minute is that in infinity war part 1 thanos might BFR hulk to sakaar for whatever reason, so they'll be able to do a simplified planet hulk subplot throughout the two movies. Then its assumed that in the final act of part 2 he'll arrive back on earth with an army at his back to help take down thanos in a similar manner as to how the hellicarier appeared in age of ultron.

I also just started thinking that instead of hulk returning he might stay on sakaar and become the maestro, which would make him the main villain for the next phase of the mcu.

#64 Edited by Schwarz (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Maestro is picking up popularity points very fast so you never know. I would very much like to see him in a movie.

#65 Posted by Mcaraballo77 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@primez0ne: yes i agree its the point i was making before. the battle in wakanda showed the world the hulk. i believe that banner is gonna turn himself in, and be that mediator character that spider man was and switched sides. but who knows. i really doubt that the hulk will be the cause of stamford Connecticut.

#66 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Intriguing, your mentioning it to me in your reply is the first I've heard about this Planet Hulk simplified sub plot. Where'd you find out this rumour?

#67 Posted by Thedailybagel (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I can't really remember, I first heard around the time age of ultron came out. If I had to guess it was probably on an angry Joe video where he mentioned hearing about it somewhere else. I'll take a look and get back to you.

#68 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: You don't have to but thanks if you do, I appreciate it.

#69 Edited by Thedailybagel (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I did some digging and I think the original theory originated on comicbookmovie.com, and from there I think angry joe mentioned it in his review of age of ultron. I'm not 100% on the angry Joe part though, I just remember hearing it from a review of the film.

#70 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Makes sense, that site has posted about rumours propagated by rumour mills like Latino Review and the like. Thanks for researching that piece.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#71 Posted by The Impersonator (8500 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe thats part of the Civil War plot. They want to arrest Banner for what happened in AoU. Hulk vs Rulk live action would be dope!

It makes sense. They're replacing Nitro with Hulk.

Avatar image for worldbreakerhulk
#72 Posted by worldbreakerhulk (378 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow,wow guys, isn't it a little early for being fired up for this many hulks in one movie? And btw....marvel producers don't give damn about comics, concerning hulk&hulkbuster fight..

#73 Edited by BixbyBanner (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Hell of a dream..I like that idea.I'll go in this direction.Banner wants to stay out of the fight,But Stark and Gen Ross collaborate and free abomination(Though this mean a second huge F up on Starks part in the MCU)He gets out of control and Ross becomes Red HULK to stop him except it backfires and Rulk is just as bad.Rodgers almost died(The epic drama if this film since it is a Cap film) and the only one who can save him and the rest of the world is Banner/Hulk.Jennifer Walters can be introduced as a lawyer sympathetic to the hero cause and

an epic showdown between Abomination/Rulk vs HULK/She-HULK/Spiderman along with Cap vs Stark...Just an idea IMHO..But for gods sake if Betty Ross is in it,NO LIV TYLER,BRING BACK JENNIFER CONNELLY!! Damn I jus realized this now sounds like a HULK movie.Oops..But it's sounding like an Avengers movie anyway and since they ain't planning no Planet HULK or WWH I say f&@% it put em in their..Civil War should be as epic as an Avengers film

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.