Report: Mark Ruffalo on Set for 'Captain America: Civil War'

• 71 results
Posted by inferiorego (25737 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Back in May, actor Mark Ruffalo, who plays Bruce Banner in the Avengers film, tweeted out a message that alluded to him appearing in Captain America: Civil War. There wasn't any confirmation as to whether or not he'd be in the film though. Now, German website Bild reports that Ruffalo is on set in Berlin for the filming of the third part of the film.

Since this week the US superstars Chris Evans (34), Mark Ruffalo (47) and Anthony Mackie (36) together with Spectacle Star turn Daniel Brühl (37) the third part of "Captain America" ​​in Berlin. It could cost to the superhero but a big bang once in Berlin's nightlife. (Translated by Google)

Which side will Bruce Banner take if he is in fact in the film? We broke down the heroes from the Avengers and picked sides for them back in May, including Banner, and we think he'll side with Tony Stark because of the connection to Ultron with Tony, but the description almost makes us think that not only will this be a cameo, but Banner may side with Captain America. What do you think?

Staff
#1 Posted by RavenVice01 (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew it...prepare for the epic red hulk vs hulk fight with the possibility of a she-hulk

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
#2 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully a cameo.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
#3 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

It would make sense if he's there... after what happened in Avengers 2.

And ITS A FREKIN AWESOME IDEA!!!! I really wanted something like for a long time.

i doubt this will happen, but a remake of this would be so epic

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#4 Posted by uugieboogie (13409 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe thats part of the Civil War plot. They want to arrest Banner for what happened in AoU. Hulk vs Rulk live action would be dope!

Avatar image for transformers1024
#6 Posted by Transformers1024 (7600 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I get the feeling that this is just Avengers 3: Civil War, re-branded with Captain Americas name in the title?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#7 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Feige make a definite statement that Mark Ruffalo wont be in Civil War? Meh, who cares either way honestly i am sure it wont be anything more then a cameo if he even ends up being in it.

Wish we could get a different actor and get the damn Planet Hulk movie already.

#8 Posted by Cap10nate (3629 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish stuff like this wasn't reported. I'd love to go into the movie and be surprised when Bruce shows up instead of knowing and waiting for him to appear. There are no surprises anymore.

#9 Edited by MultipleMan (265 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (873 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I get the feeling that this is just Avengers 3: Civil War, re-branded with Captain Americas name in the title?

I worried about that too, but from what I'm hearing, this is actually more from Steve's perspective, or at least more of his story. I'm guessing he'll be the focus, but with all the other stuff happening around him.

#11 Edited by D9000 (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

"It could cost to the superhero but a big bang once in Berlin's nightlife"

I know it's a google translation but what the F%#*?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#12 Posted by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio

the things I would let Mark Ruffalo do to me....

#13 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my guess.

No Caption Provided

#14 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

was red hulk even around when the original civil war story line took place? i can see ruffalo just being banner in the film, not necessarily the hulk. I would love to see a hulk Vs red hulk live action fight scene though.

#15 Posted by RavenVice01 (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

@donmeca2020: red hulk or ross wasn't involved in civil war but yes the red hulk vs hulk fight would be awesome especially if that will eventually lead to a she-hulk. I hope the leader makes an appearance

#16 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@donmeca2020: red hulk or ross wasn't involved in civil war but yes the red hulk vs hulk fight would be awesome especially if that will eventually lead to a she-hulk. I hope the leader makes an appearance

That's what i figured... i thought red hulk came around after this story? i don't recall because when all of these came out i wasn't in the hobby at that time period.

#17 Posted by Primez0ne (9962 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else think that Hulk's rampage in AOU may become the catalyst for the Civil War and Registration Act?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#18 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting

#19 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

It's probably just me, but I kinda don't wanna see a Hulk/Red Hulk fight.

#20 Edited by Mrnoital (8226 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's just for flashback type stuff

otherwise him flying away with them not knowing where he is was kind of a waste

#21 Posted by KritikalMassX (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

Whether it be a Hulk (or Banner) cameo or not, Ruffalo being in the movie would be cool. It might be even cooler to see a Hulk vs. Rulk showdown IMHO.

#22 Posted by RavenVice01 (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr: I think a Hulk vs Rulk fight is the best way to introduce She-Hulk. The two of them fight each other and Betty Ross gets severely injured during the fight. The only question is will Bruce donate his blood or will it be General Ross.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
#23 Posted by Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds (3392 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

Put them all in this movie.

All the MCU.

#24 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr: I think a Hulk vs Rulk fight is the best way to introduce She-Hulk. The two of them fight each other and Betty Ross gets severely injured during the fight. The only question is will Bruce donate his blood or will it be General Ross.

Thing is, I don't wanna see She-Hulk either lol.

#25 Posted by RavenVice01 (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr: Porque mi amigo? I think a sexy, vivacious green Amazon is exactly what Marvel needs right now to spice things up. Not too many people care about Red She-Hulk plus Jennifer Walters has yet to make an appearance and with no Hulk sequel in the pipeline (Marvel doesn't believe it would be a good investment). I think a team up for the next two Hulk movies just might salvage the franchise if someone were willing.

#26 Posted by theacidskull (22036 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope he contributes something important to the movie. This is too good of an opportunity to let it just slide.

#27 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr: Porque mi amigo? I think a sexy, vivacious green Amazon is exactly what Marvel needs right now to spice things up. Not too many people care about Red She-Hulk plus Jennifer Walters has yet to make an appearance and with no Hulk sequel in the pipeline (Marvel doesn't believe it would be a good investment). I think a team up for the next two Hulk movies just might salvage the franchise if someone were willing.

I got nothing against She-Hulk personally. I just think having her in the MCU would be a little unnecessary is all.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

This is my guess.

No Caption Provided

Yep.

Banner won't side with anybody, he'll be the one to nuke Stanford.

#29 Posted by Oscars94 (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see the average movie-goer's faces if a Hulk vs Red Hulk fight happened.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#30 Posted by amazing_webhead (9925 posts) - - Show Bio

plot, prepare to be broken

#31 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

How strange, I was having a dream last night where Ruffalo's Hulk was in Civil War and was fighting on the Anti Registration side against Abomination, whom Ross had freed to serve as government muscle against the rebel heroes. Probably won't play out like that though.

#32 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio
@teerack said:

This is my guess.

No Caption Provided

Yep.

Banner won't side with anybody, he'll be the one to nuke Stanford.

You two think Hulk will be the catalyst for the MCU Civil War if he's in the film? I don't know, wouldn't he be in isolation after Age of Ultron? And introducing the Worldbreaker mode would be very problematic for the future of a Hulk solo film if you think about its long term consequences.

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yeah that's what I always thought was going to happen in Civil War. Sure but there could be plenty of story ideas to get him back, like maybe he's going full on in trying to finally rid himself of the Hulk and something goes wrong and he loses it. Well Marvel seem very unlikely to have another Hulk solo since they don't own the full rights but if they did then Planet Hulk is perfectly set up.

#34 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: There seem to be conflicting reports of Downey Jr saying Ruffalo was about to come on set, Feige stating Hulk won't be in Civil War and Whedon stating Hulk would only be an Avengers exclusive character for the time being in the MCU. In regards to your next sentence, as interesting as it is, why would he be in Stamford amongst other people (and probably a convenient school bus to pay homage to the original Civil War catalyst) and public property?

#35 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Well he's going to need tech so he'll need to be in the city at some point or maybe he's giving himself in the hope Tony and cure him when something goes wrong and that gives an added reason to why Tony feels so guilty since he couldn't get to him in time or whatever.

#36 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Like outside interference from Zemo or Ross or Gyrich or some other candidate?

#37 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yep exactly (I hope for a reincarnated Red Skull)

#38 Posted by SpiderAidan (127 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

He was not in the comics!!! We need to do something!!!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#39 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18127 posts) - - Show Bio

Me neither. I'm good with just one Hulk (doesn't matter which as long as its done well@peterparkerjr:

#41 Posted by RavenVice01 (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I think red skull should reappear in thor ragnarok with his daughter Sin

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#42 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18127 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideraidan: (assuming you're not being sarcastic) neither were Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch or Ant-Man

#43 Posted by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes let's crowd this movie even more.

#44 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: His isolation from the other heroes only makes the idea more plausible.

#45 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: But it doesn't explain why he would go back to a public place after his mind controlled rampage in Age of Ultron. Moreover, the synopsis implies the Avengers are directly responsible for causing casualties and collateral damage.

#46 Edited by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

@teerack: But it doesn't explain why he would go back to a public place after his mind controlled rampage in Age of Ultron. Moreover, the synopsis implies the Avengers are directly responsible for causing casualties and collateral damage.

So... you have never read a hulk story or...? How many times has Banner tried to avoid being dragged back into the world and gone off into seclusion? At LEAST 50 times.

#47 Posted by RavenVice01 (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: he gets dragged into the civil war, fights off ragnarok, tries to get jettisoned into space in captain marvel and finally takes solace in the quantum realm aka microverse with hank pym.

#48 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: This movie's end credits will be the set up for planet hulk.

#49 Posted by GrimoireMyst (639 posts) - - Show Bio

If he is in the movie it will be the only reason for me watching it. lol

P.S: Please hell no to other types. I hate Rulk but love She-Hulk. Her movie would most likely make having a new solo Hulk movie a more distant dream.

#50 Edited by RavenVice01 (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: if only that were so...more than likely, scarlet witch will be welcomed into the sanctum sanctorum (dr. Strange hint) and Cap will go to Valhalla, the great hall of fallen heroes then resurrected to help thor with ragnarok (thor ragnarok hint)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.