Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Regarding a Hulk vs. Thanos- "Full Analysis" Video

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GreenScar1990

I found this video by BannerIncredibleHulk on Youtube. And after I get done watching it, a part of my mind is thinking "someone has to teach him some knowledge on comics". I mean, he makes a Hulk vs. Thanos Analysis video... and yet he leaves out some very key details or simply misinterprets the comics. Some examples.

* The Thanos clone who fought Hulk in the X-Man / Hulk '98 was larger and more powerful than the real Thanos, but he doesn't even point this out. He also claims X-Man's armor amped Hulk, but it didn't. Plus, he failed to mention that this Hulk was weakened and due to the separation that occurred in the Onslaught Conflict.

* In instance where Hulk confronts Thanos in Infinity #6 - Amber, he mentions Thanos throwing his best blow at Hulk yet he fails to mention Hulk shrugging it off and getting back in the fight only for Thanos to have Proxima Midnight drop the weight of a supernova star on him while Corvus Glaive cuts his throat.

* He mentions Thanos confronting Hulk in the virtual reality in Thanos vs. Hulk #2, but he fails to fully grasp that Thanos is manipulating the reality with his tech, increasing the Mad Titan's own power while greatly reducing the might of the Hulk & Banner and limiting their own control of the reality.

* He also says that Thanos fought Odin to a standstill, which is most definitely not true. He goes on to compare Thanos' fight with Zeus... without taking in several major key factors.

1) Hulk not only fought against Zeus, but pretty much all of Olympus after previously going through battling Hiro-Kala, then returning to Earth to battle Zom & Abomination & Brian Banner/Devil-Guilt Hulk who were empowered/greatly amped by the Eternity level Chaos King and then proceeded to fight against the Chaos King's forces of demons & gods.

2) He fails to mention that, unlike Odin, Zeus was determined to kill the Hulk.

3) Odin was holding back, while Zeus was greatly amping his blows and assaults while greatly reducing the Hulk's own power & healing factor. Something that Odin did not do to Thanos, but was more than capable of doing so.

4) Odin and Thanos conflict only destroyed maybe a few blocks. Hulk and Zeus conflict ravaged all of Olympus and sent mountain-sized chunks crashing down into the seas below where the other Hulks were battling a massive sea monster.

* He mention Thanos blasting Galactus away, but he does not consider Thanos amped himself with shields and extra power from his ship Sanctuary in that fight and the assault didn't even harm Big G. Nor does he seem to acknowledge times when Hulk has done just as impressive feats. Here's some that come to mind.

1) Overcoming the power & shattering the armor of Onslaught, whose power can challenge the Celestials

2) Destroying Nightmare's Realm

3) Destroying Night-Stalker's Universe

4) Threatening to destroy the Dark Dimension again and again... for all eternity. All the while annihilating billions of Mindless Ones, Demons, Trolls, Goblins, Monsters, Lord Armageddon (a Silver Surfer level being), Dark Sorceress Umar (a high-end mystical being), Fin Fang Foom (who was amped to the point of being easily capable of conquering worlds), Tyrannus, and Bi-Beast & the Original Wendigo (both class 100+ ton foes) without even touching them.

* He mentions Thanos withstanding Black Bolt's voice. But he fails to mention that Hulk has withstood it numerous times without taking damage, unlike Thanos who was bleeding. He also fails to take into consideration that the Skrull Bolt was just as powerful as the real Black Bolt and that a single scream from this being tore a chunk off the moon the size of Rhode Island.

I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy or anything, but I just feel this was a terrible analysis made into a video. We all know that Thanos can overcome a normal Hulk. But he should realize that some versions of Hulk (World-Breaker; Maestro; etc.) can quite literally trounce the Mad Titan in a fight. I just believe that he's lacking in knowledge when it comes to comics. Even his opinion at the end of the video can't be taken seriously.

I just thought I'd bring this up for some amusement, as I felt the boards were kind of quiet.

Your thoughts?

@ghostravage@jaxthejester_2014@atheistknowledge@theacidskull@bezza@dum529001@schwarz@thedailybagel

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Some directors at Marvel did say that Maestro could be on-par with Thanos or maybe even overthrow him. If we will ever see that in the comics is another story but it is the opinion of some people at Marvel.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz: Yes they did but that same Maestro was wielding armor akin to Ultrons, holding Caps shield and Ronins hammer... as well as many other trophies such as Magik sword, etc...

Honestly the only way Hulk can beat Thanos is in two ways... if it was a pure physical fight between him and WBH, but if they went all out then Hulk would also need some powerful objects/artifacts to match Thanos might. I know some haters cried out when some Marvel directors mentioned Maestro could beat Thanos but yet the forget that with the right weapons any character can beat anyone... why else would Galactus flee from Reed Richards when he showed him the ultimate nullifier, so i say to those people get off your high horse.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: That is true with the weapons he was holding. Though those were not over the top weapons it is still an amp.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz: Yes they did but that same Maestro was wielding armor akin to Ultrons, holding Caps shield and Ronins hammer... as well as many other trophies such as Magik sword, etc...

Honestly the only way Hulk can beat Thanos is in two ways... if it was a pure physical fight between him and WBH, but if they went all out then Hulk would also need some powerful objects/artifacts to match Thanos might. I know some haters cried out when some Marvel directors mentioned Maestro could beat Thanos but yet the forget that with the right weapons any character can beat anyone... why else would Galactus flee from Reed Richards when he showed him the ultimate nullifier, so i say to those people get off your high horse.

WBH would destroy Thanos in a purely physical fight. Utterly destroy him.

Thanos is tough but his physical strength is often blown out of proportion on forums. There are a very few basis' of comparison to be fair, particularly given Thanos usually uses EP, but on average Thanos does not appear to be hugely stronger than your standard Class 100. Hulk and Thor pulled a fighting mad Thanos off the Surfer in the Infinity Gauntlet and that seems like a fair showing all in all.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

We don't actually know how strong Thanos is do we? I mean in terms of lifting, breaking feats? Its mainly durability that impresses, i.e. laughing when Thor's hammer was smashed at him in Infinity and shrugging off a full blown scream from BB - yes he was discomforted, but I haven't see anyone else take a full blown scream from BB.

I've always thought Thanos was a league too high for normal Hulk but Maestro and WBH would be an interesting match up.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thedailybagel  Moderator

ive never understood why maestro doesn't use the artifacts he gains from defeated heroes...

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive never understood why maestro doesn't use the artifacts he gains from defeated heroes...

Maybe because he's already so powerful and intelligent that it would be simply overkill. After all, he is one to seek a challenge.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild: @schwarz: @atheistknowledge: @bezza:

It all basically boils down to this. The only true advantage Thanos has over the Hulk is prep & tech... and sometimes intellect, though that's not always the case as some Hulk personas/incarnations have that as well. Ye, Thanos has energy blasts, but they're hardly anything that Hulk can't take as he's without those from beings like Surfer, Zom, Galactus, Zeus and other vastly powerful beings without much damage.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel said:

He does actually he just picks the time when he thinks he needs them. He used them against his younger self when they fought in Future Imperfect 20 years ago, he used them in Spiderman 2099 and he hasn't only used them in his own series now but it's only issue 1 and i don't really think he needs anything against the foes he is currently facing he even stated it himself he did not want to bring his Dogs of War or his guards because he didn't think he needed any of them for Ruby and the rebels.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: wow so many issue with your post , errors , misconceptions, and just false information , when I have time ill offer a proper rebuttal

It all basically boils down to this. The only true advantage Thanos has over the Hulk is prep & tech... and sometimes intellect, though that's not always the case as some Hulk personas/incarnations have that as well. Ye, Thanos has energy blasts, but they're hardly anything that Hulk can't take as he's without those from beings like Surfer, Zom, Galactus, Zeus and other vastly powerful beings without much damage.

The ONLY advantage? Are you high ? Thanos has literally all the advantages, strength ,speed skill, tech, prep , attacks , telepathy, tk, shields , eye beams , gamma resistance and thanos has always been more intelligent then hulk (Obviously) and banner

Lol you mentioned surfer ,thanos owns surfer , when has galactus ever blasted hulk ?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: y the bump tho?

I'm not even sure whether he's still active, and any sane user knows that Thanos beats hulk in a fair fight.

Hulk did tank a blast from galactus in secret wars though.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: Because sometimes there are things that just need to be said lol

Yeah I'm pretty sure he is active , posted not long ago

Ah recent secret wars or old ?

What was the context

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: eh, you can ignore it, especially if it's a two year difference with a user that rarely appears, and especially if everyone else in the thread is reasonable.

Old secret wars, no context, just a straight up blast.

It is a high end feat though.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

@battle123axe: I chose to reply and didn't want to ignore it , the time difference doesnt really matter to me its what was being said, also for others that may see it

But I agree other users are being reasonable , is there any rules against bumping old threads ?

Ah ok so did he tank it and have no damage ? Seems strange

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: whatever floats your boat I guess. There are no specific rules against it, but it is frowned upon, especially if there isn't much to add or things haven't changed.

The tanked it, and he was back up a few seconds later IIRC, but he took some damage

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cull_obsidian: I think the OP is highballing Hulk and lowballing Thanos.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_nimrod said:

@cull_obsidian: I think the OP is highballing Hulk and lowballing Thanos.

Yeah exactly , thanos now surely stomps now

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HaveAtThee

Thanos has been amped a TON in the last ten years. Probably because he's going to be the big bad villain for Infinity War who can beat up all the heroes.

Both Hulk and Thor could absolutely take on and perhaps even beat Thanos in a straight up fight. They've both had very solid showings against him in that regard. Where Thanos has an edge over other powerful villains is his intellect, access to technology and (of course) the IG.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Lvenger

@haveatthee: Hulk and Thor have rarely taken on standard Thanos in a straight up fight, and I highly doubt they could beat him alone. Thanos has knocked Post Core Breach Hulk away in a single blow and dropped Hulk with his eye beams, plus he one shotted an android that was stated to be as strong as Savage Hulk. As for Thor, he's overpowered Thor and Thing back when Thing was considered a heavy hitter, no sold Thor's attacks in Infinity before stomping the Odinson and has casually stopped Thor's Mjolnir throws with his forcefield. Thanos is an Avengers buster level threat that cannot be matched by Thor or Hulk with raw power alone. Even without considering his intellect, technology or prep time.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HaveAtThee

Of course, in the IG saga he was super powerful. I'm not arguing against Thanos as a universal threat at all.

I'm just saying that in a straight up fisticuffs it wouldn't be a cakewalk for Thanos against Hulk, Thor or another top tier Marvel hero.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

@haveatthee: Yes , it would very much be a ' cakewalk' they are nothing to him

Hell even hulk Thor and silver surfer would struggle to bother thanos, he gos up against , living planets, cube beings and Phoenix hosts

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would Thanos be considered in between a Class 100 herald (i.e. Thor, Hulk, Surfer) and a Skyfather (Zeus, Odin)?

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

@haveatthee said:

Would Thanos be considered in between a Class 100 herald (i.e. Thor, Hulk, Surfer) and a Skyfather (Zeus, Odin)?

Yes hes what is considered a team buster or transcendent level inbetween herald and skyfather

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.