RAGNAROK- Hulk vs Thor, who wins?

• 108 results
#1 Posted by hulk465 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

November 3, 2017 will be an awesome day for both Thor and Hulk fans because Thor-Ragnarok film will be released on that day. Thor without his hammer will confront Hulk in a arena battle. Who will have the edge? Can Thor beat Hulk without his hammer or will it be a tie? So all you CV fans out there, who do you think will win and why?

My 2 cents- In the first Avengers film Thor with his Hammer held his own against the Hulk, but Hulk seemed to have a slight edge towards the end of the fight. Thor without his hammer is going to be tough up hill battle against the Hulk. The edge clearly goes to the Hulk for just being tougher and stronger in the MCU in my opinion despite Thor's combat skills. I see Thor getting in good shots and almost bringing Hulk down, but Hulk's rage will keep him in the fight. The way I see it this is a Thor film so he will NOT lose, but I don't think he's going to win either. This battle will end in a DRAW with Hulk having a slight edge. They will team up and escape to go save the day in Asgard. I just hope this is the best hero vs. hero battle ever witness on film.

#2 Edited by IAmTheLaw (857 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Hulk and Thor pretend fight and come up with a plan to overthrow the Grandmaster.

I hope they actually fight, and it's similar to the fight vs Beta Ray/Silver Surfer, in that Hulk ends up pummeling Thor. That's what should happen, if Thor doesn't have his hammer. Especially if Hulk has his warbound.

#3 Posted by ManlykVJ (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Hulk and Thor pretend fight and come up with a plan to overthrow the Grandmaster.

I hope they actually fight, and it's similar to the fight vs Beta Ray/Silver Surfer, in that Hulk ends up pummeling Thor. That's what should happen, if Thor doesn't have his hammer. Especially if Hulk has his warbound.

I agree with this. But I think there will be a small fight at the beginning, then hulk will eventually realize it's his buddy and turn on the emperor. I hope we get to see Hulk's real feats in this movie.

#4 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulk465 said:

November 3, 2017 will be an awesome day for both Thor and Hulk fans because Thor-Ragnarok film will be released on that day. Thor without his hammer will confront Hulk in a arena battle. Who will have the edge? Can Thor beat Hulk without his hammer or will it be a tie? So all you CV fans out there, who do you think will win and why?

My 2 cents- In the first Avengers film Thor with his Hammer held his own against the Hulk, but Hulk seemed to have a slight edge towards the end of the fight. Thor without his hammer is going to be tough up hill battle against the Hulk. The edge clearly goes to the Hulk for just being tougher and stronger in the MCU in my opinion despite Thor's combat skills. I see Thor getting in good shots and almost bringing Hulk down, but Hulk's rage will keep him in the fight. The way I see it this is a Thor film so he will NOT lose, but I don't think he's going to win either. This battle will end in a DRAW with Hulk having a slight edge. They will team up and escape to go save the day in Asgard. I just hope this is the best hero vs. hero battle ever witness on film.

Q: Who has the edge?

A: Hulk. I mean, even with the hammer Thor has a very difficult time with the Hulk in the comics. And while he held his own against the Hulk in Avengers, he was still overwhelmed by the Green Goliath's ferocity/power.

Q: Can Thor beat Hulk without his hammer and/or be able to end it in a tie?

A: No, because I can see Hulk pummeling Thor to a bloody pulp. That's just a fact when it comes down to it all. However, if this Hulk is more like the Green Scar or is in cooperation with Banner, they may be able to deceive the Grandmaster and his forces until they can get the chance to enact their plan. So, yeah, I see them teaming up to break out and escape the Grandmaster's gladiator arena along with the rest who have been held captive there.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#5 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17148 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#6 Edited by ManlykVJ (62 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (17148 posts) - - Show Bio

@manlykvj: I don't see the plot moving forward if Hulk wins, either Thor wins and they get together to get out or they draw with the same result.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
#8 Posted by deactivated-59d29c479f1ca (4066 posts) - - Show Bio
if this shot is taken after the battle Thor should have lost to Hulk.
if this shot is taken after the battle Thor should have lost to Hulk.

#9 Posted by ManlykVJ (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness:

You haven't predicted the plot well. My guess is that since it's gladiator hulk (WorldWarHulk) then he might be under mind control, and then he will snap out of the spell as he's fighting thor and turn to fight the tournament holders. There's no chance thor would beat hulk without his hammer, 100%. If the movie does that then i'm done with marvel movies, lmao. It's just bs. Hulkbuster suckerpunching Hulk was a slap in the face of people who know hulks real potential already, let alone losing to thor without his hammer, now that is over the line.

#10 Posted by SuperAbrasax (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has way more powers than Hulk. Thor would be able to beat him, as long as he is in the right.

#11 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17148 posts) - - Show Bio

@manlykvj: Damn you don't rate Thor at all it seems.

#12 Posted by ManlykVJ (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, no, thor wouldn't be able to beat hulk without his hammer, and he probably wouldnt be able to with his hammer.

Thor doesn't have "way more powers".

It's for damn sure that hulk has better feats too.

#13 Posted by bonifidehustla (269 posts) - - Show Bio

@manlykvj: Damn you don't rate Thor at all it seems.

Well we know Thor is strong but the movies is very inconsistent of Hulk in the MCU. In Avengers 1 stopping a big ass aliens space ship with ease with a punch. Now he gets suckered punch and knocked out such bs. Either way Hulk or Thor not the strongest Marvel already said Ms/Captain Marvel will be the strongest avenger. lol

#14 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17148 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla: yeah I'm intrigued by how powerful she'll be. I just don't see HULK winning and hopefully I'm right.

#15 Posted by bonifidehustla (269 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Hulk to win but this is a Thor a movie.

#16 Edited by Hungry_Sharky (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

They wouldn't make Thor actually beat Hulk without Mjolnir. I see three possible scenarios:

1. Hulk begins to win the fight but Thor breaks his control and they team up
  2. Thor wins through some sort of plot device
  3. They fight evenly until they are both rescued or interrupted
#17 Posted by Number1Boss (197 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Thor beats him senseless.

#18 Posted by Skrskr (3693 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by nickzambuto (29288 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Thor is getting pummeled, he's near-death, but with the last of his power, in a Herculean effort, just as Hulk raises his fist for the finishing blow, Thor summons the god blast from the skies and strikes Hulk down, thus briefly knocking him out, and also severing his mind control. Thor is unable to move, so after a few minutes of the audience cheering and the game masters talking, some guys head into the ring to retrieve Thor and Hulk. That's when Hulk wakes up, realizes what's happened, smashes his captors and saves his buddy Thor.

#20 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge

Wanna share your thoughts on the subject?

Apparently some disillusioned posters think Thor without his hammer is going to pummel the Hulk. XD

#21 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17148 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenscar1990: don't need to take it there none of us have seen the movie.

#22 Posted by Stefano (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Thor beats him senseless.

Agree! but i think they will fight evenly until they are interrupted

Avatar image for sistergrimm2099
#23 Edited by SisterGrimm2099 (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is most likely going to win. I remember Chris hemsworth saying Thor was going to win. Thor has better feats as well. Well, he has better feats with the hammer. Thor was staggering hulk with his punches in Avengers, and he was taking it easy on him that much is clear. I don't think hulk is being controlled. He is said to be treated like a god on sakaar. I think they tie though. Marvel should not let thor beat hulk without mjolnir, and hulk will not be beating Thor in his own movie.

#25 Posted by bonifidehustla (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is most likely going to win. I remember Chris hemsworth saying Thor was going to win. Thor has better feats as well. Well, he has better feats with the hammer. Thor was staggering hulk with his punches in Avengers, and he was taking it easy on him that much is clear. I don't think hulk is being controlled. He is said to be treated like a god on sakaar. I think they tie though. Marvel should not let thor beat hulk without mjolnir, and hulk will not be beating Thor in his own movie.

I mean they can let Hulk beat him in his movie but it wont happen. Kurse beat the breaks off Thor in Thor 2, Loki had to cheap shot him just to win. If they really did an all out Avengers fight you know who would win. It would be the God of the MCU Tony Starks.

#26 Posted by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla:

For plot reasons, they probably would let Iron man win, but I only see them dong that if Tony has vibranium armor. That is the only way it makes sense considering how powerful his suite weapons are now. A super genius from Earth vs a super warrior from a alien species that is thousands to tens of thousands of years more advanced than humans. The super warrior should win every time, but Marvel doesn't think like that. Kurse didn't really beat Thor. Yes, he was pummeling him on the ground, but after Kurse was killed, we could see that Thor had like two little cuts on him. Kurse's punches were not doing that much to him. Thor to me just fought really stupid in that fight credit to a trash director.

#27 Posted by jay_z94 (8405 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge

Wanna share your thoughts on the subject?

Apparently some disillusioned posters think Thor without his hammer is going to pummel the Hulk. XD

He's been banned unfortunately :/

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#28 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9226 posts) - - Show Bio

They wouldn't make Thor actually beat Hulk without Mjolnir. I see three possible scenarios:

1. Hulk begins to win the fight but Thor breaks his control and they team up
  2. Thor wins through some sort of plot device
  3. They fight evenly until they are both rescued or interrupted

Probably one of these will happen, to be honest.

#29 Posted by hulk465 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Well after seeing the new Thor trailer it looks like Hulk will have the upper hand and have a repeat of the battle they had in Avengers first film. In the trailer Hulk slams Thor into the wall and later it is reveal from Thor to Banner that he won easily but Thor might have been lying. SPOILERS FROM HERE ON-

If you pick up the Lego Thor Ragnarok set comic it clearly shows Hulk do the same thing and the battle ends with Valkyrie breaking them both out of arena. Thor is still in the broken wall and Hulk still standing ready for battle when Valkyrie comes to the rescue. So like I said earlier Thor won't lose and Hulk would have the edge. Now some may say that Thor lost but for me he has to be knocked out for a clear win. So it look like a draw with Hulk having the edge.

BTW Hulk attacking Surtur in the trailer was just incredible! Hopefully Hulk and Thor will team up to defeat the fire demon. Also while Thor beats up Hela, Hulk will be stomping the $hit out of the big wolf. This film will have all kinds of awesome in it, November 3 could not get here fast enough!

#30 Posted by phillip33 (4471 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Thor losing. Like ready4madness said, I can't see the plot moving forward properly otherwise. It might be through plot or something, or maybe Thor just gets him with that uppercut from the first trailer, but I can't see him actually losing.

#31 Edited by Nomar (1783 posts) - - Show Bio

The trailer makes it rather clear that Hulk wins. If you have any sense of reading between the lines or detecting sarcasm. It's clear as day that Hulk wins the fight. Though this is CV and the fanboys will take a line at face value with zero comprehension of the true meaning.

#32 Edited by titing2101 (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

i think thor will win, hulk has been refusing to revert back to banner for 2 years now. maybe thor knocked him out thats why he is banner again (avengers hulk falling from aircraft/ AOU iron man punching him multiple times = reverting back to banner) . the lie i think is that thor had a hard time but said it was easy.

#33 Posted by Nomar (1783 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Thor losing. Like ready4madness said, I can't see the plot moving forward properly otherwise. It might be through plot or something, or maybe Thor just gets him with that uppercut from the first trailer, but I can't see him actually losing.

Why would Thor losing stop the plot from progressing? It's not like Thor is being killed, simply losing a fight. Losing a fight doesn't even mean being knocked out, simply outclassed.

#34 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14710 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor said he won I believe him.

#35 Posted by coolcat4 (848 posts) - - Show Bio

We can see from the trailer that both thor and hulk have weapons when thor gets hit into the wall. So we know that isn't the end of the fight since they both have no weapons when they jump at each other in the first trailer. Now i do believe that thor was joking about it being easy. I think either thor barely wins or its a draw. and thats why he is being sarcastic.

#36 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@nomar said:

The trailer makes it rather clear that Hulk wins. If you have any sense of reading between the lines or detecting sarcasm. It's clear as day that Hulk wins the fight. Though this is CV and the fanboys will take a line at face value with zero comprehension of the true meaning.

Exactly. Thor got owned and Hulk won. He lied to save face when inquired by Banner on who won the fight. Let's also take into the fact that, when Hulk and Thor have their conversation, it is after their fight. It is also in Hulk's chambers that we see Banner, thus I'm willing to bet that Thor talked to Hulk and somehow managed to convince him to let Banner out or at least calm his rage so that they could devise a plan to escape Sakaar and save Asgard.

#37 Posted by SaviorSorrow (752 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU Hulk should stomp Thor pretty good. He has no problems beating up the puny gods.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#38 Posted by arthurkerr (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor should win , given he knows war tactics how to toss and throw and even Stand Lee said he is stronger then Hulk.

#39 Posted by Thedailybagel (12905 posts) - - Show Bio

90% sure Thor is going to get his ass kicked. I think Marvel intend on Hulk being one of the biggest guns against Thanos tbh given that he wasn't shown at all in the infinity war trailer whilst everyone was getting wrecked, especially since he's supposed to have a massive role in the next films.

#40 Posted by Laiks Stake (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#41 Posted by titing2101 (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

GOH thor goes down after a good fight

GOT thor stomps

#42 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Well even in the movie there wasn't a definitive answer, more of an implication.

#43 Posted by alexandrinus (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Spoilers warning:

What does Marvel have to do more to prove Thor was really going to win? Hulk proved to be stronger than Thor but Thor proved to be more powerful (as it should be). Hulk was about to lose the match before the grandmaster interfered.

#44 Posted by RabumAlal (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#45 Posted by IAmTheLaw (857 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoiler warning:

Hulk wins, Thor wakes up in his room later. /OutofContextTruth

#46 Edited by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@alexandrinus:

We don't know that. And besides, while Thor got some good hits in, it doesn't mean he'd ultimately win. The longer this fight would go, the more it'd favor Hulk as he would become increasingly angrier, powerful/stronger and violent/aggressive.

At best, it was a stalemate or inconclusive. It's not as cut and dry to proclaim Thor as the victor of the battle when it could have gone on for longer. I mean, just because a fighter in a boxing or mma bout has a good round or two, it doesn't mean they'll win. They could get their ass handed to them later on.

Personally, I'd rather the Grandmaster shock Thor & Hulk into submission with the disks, ending their fight in a draw and to promote their next conflict or have them team-up to fight some giant monsters like Fin Fang Foom, Gloom, Gorgilla, Orrgo, Fireclaw, Hi-Vo, Smasher and a horde of Jack Kirby-Inspired Giant Monsters.

Or we could have Hulk & Thor annihilate the entire arena in one, massive assault that leaves them both incapacitated. Any of those would have been a far more awesome and acceptable ending/alternative to this fight.

#47 Posted by theacidskull (22027 posts) - - Show Bio

The fight played out just as I thought it would.

#48 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Is that a good thing or bad thing in your opinion?

Please, share your thoughts on it.

#49 Posted by theacidskull (22027 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Is that a good thing or bad thing in your opinion?

Please, share your thoughts on it.

It's not a bad thing. The fight pretty much showcased each characters strengths and weaknesses, so i was content. I didn't expect either of the to really take the lead.

#50 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Ah, I see.

Was there anything you'd like to see or would have done with the fight? Maybe have it longer, different ending, etc?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.