Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Proof The Hulk Is The Strongest Being In the Marvel Universe

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrDevil

A controlled Savage Hulk has overpowered Hyperion, a being that hold two Universes

No Caption Provided

In a battle of Hyperion with Hulk, the Green Goliath drag blood from the titan with easy.

Take in consideration Hyperion tanked a the destruction of TWO universes without any kind of damage and SURVIVED in the void of nothingness.

When asked Hickman about this feat he confirmed it.

No Caption Provided

Later on when asked to Hickman who was more powerful of the Avengers Hickman answered this

No Caption Provided

In terms of strength Hulk is the strongest.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most people agree that he is but a handful of haters. Nice find there :)

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

He is not the strongest being in the Marvel universe(not by feats at least), he is however IMO physically the strongest superhero in Marvel. And he goes all the way up to Thanos in terms who he can beat with physical strength alone, everyone above that should be too much for him until he actually shows more feats. It's not impossible.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Marvel has explicitly stated, time and time again, that he is the strongest humanoid being in the Universe, bar-none.

Here, from Gamma Files, circa 2008:

"Superhuman strength ranging beyond the limits of virtually any other known humanoid being."

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: hulk is the strongest without amps, plus in terms of potential. He gets beat because the people fighting him s usually have other, more powerful powers, are stronger than him and defeat him before he can get stronger than them, have very superior speed, or have strength close to him as well as a variety of other powers.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Humanoid being, is not the same as every other being in the universe. You really think Hulk would physically overpower someone like Galactus? Let alone Abstract beings?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@atheistknowledge: No, nor did I say that. I said that he has the capacity to be the strongest humanoid being in the Universe. This includes Thanos, amirite?

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Yes but humanoid is a broad term actually, even Galactus can be seen as a humanoid being, even the Living Tribunal so i am not sure about what Marvel says there unless they have a different definition of what a humanoid being is.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: hulk is the strongest without amps, plus in terms of potential. He gets beat because the people fighting him s usually have other, more powerful powers, are stronger than him and defeat him before he can get stronger than them, have very superior speed, or have strength close to him as well as a variety of other powers.

yeah but he has only been overpowered by plot device or other Hulks whom he has destroyed after that.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: I think you are right. Hulk is physically the strongest in the marvel universe. Does that mean he can beat everyone, not really. There are characters that could wipe him from existence with the snap of a finger. But yes if we are talking pure physical strength Hulk is the one. Not canon but since you mention galactus and may be soon to be canon, in contest of champions, Maestro ripped Galactus's mask. In general though I really agree with everything you usualy post Atheist.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: what does that mean bro?

What does what mean? Strongest humanoid? That means strongest human-like non-cosmic creature in the universe.

There are probably Eldritch Abominations the size of planets in the Cancerverse that are stronger for instance. Galactus is easily stronger than Hulk, but he doesn't qualify as being humanoid. He is from a different universe entirely. The void is stronger than Hulk, but the void is an abstract entity, not humanoid. As far as physical beings go Hulk has the highest potential for strength.

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Beyonder, zeus, odin. Game over

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Those characters are not necessarily stronger physically than an enraged hulk....

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Schwarz

@ultifan123: I do like the fact that you bring up Zeus in this because at one point Zeus had an oath to fight Hulk on his own terms, meaning physical strength. Sadly Zeus cheated his way out of this one using magic. In this topic we are talking about strength here, i'm not saying Hulk can beat everyone since strength alone can't overcome everything BUT an oath disrespected by a god to win shows a lot. It is mentioned later that "an oath to a monster means nothing". It is not a proof by itself but if Zeus was really that powerful, he would have overpowered Hulk on his terms which he did not at all. Does give you a hint that Marvel's gods might not be all that powerful physical strength wise. At least not Zeus. Marvel probably didn't want to give a victor as far as physical strength goes and that's how they managed to dodge the fight.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd say he would be the strongest when he is angry enough yes but not at base level there are probably quite a lot of people stronger than him at base level but if he gets extremely angry then yea he's is most likely physically the strongest non-cosmic being. The problem is he can get beat ,knocked out or straight up killed before he gets to that level of strength so it won't always be shown. I don't think those specific scans are proof he is the strongest as there are probably a lot of people stronger than also Hyperion seemed to punch him back to being banner once they stopped controlling him, however I can't remember the context of the scan too well so maybe there's more to it. But still I agree he is most likely the physically strongest in the MU not considering cosmic level people and having him at a very angry state.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yep, its generally accepted that Hulk is the strongest, but strength is kinda his USP. There are others who can over-power him who have different power-sets. Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, Galactus etc are all on another level and most Hulk fans are realistic enough to accept that Hulk is not on that level in terms of feats and so on.

I wish we could see more of World Breaker as he was the nearest we have seen yet, to an ultimate Hulk.

Avolon734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how many or at least some claimed that the Hulk was not the most "strongest" being in the universe in the marvel comics, "biased" more or less who could be the most "powerful".... these are two different things. I understand that Hulk cracked Onslaught's armor.... nuff said. Hulk if given the chance would eventually even crack Galactisses armor. That is if he was not swatted away by Galactus and Galactus just stood there still just to see if Hulk could... come on guys use some logic... LOL. If he was used to punch holes into dimensional barriers... he could punch through non corporal barriers, given enough time. He probably should be rewritten to include to get stronger the longer he fights as well as measured with anger, seeing how anger is technically and incalculable thing, but time is. And some say that there is a limit to how angry one can get, or how angry the Hulk can get... but... what about... anguish and resentment... ? XD So truthfully, he's not gonna be the strongest outright in the beginning, but by the end of a more long drawn out fight he could be, maybe with help from a team or otherwise, if a fight can go on for a very extended period of time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.