Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Planet Hulk details

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=59239

Just try not to focus too much on the cringe worthy dialogue, for the love of me i can't imagine why a grown man would try to talk like a dinosaur in his interview. I mean maybe it would be amusing if i was 5 years old.

Anyway looks lie a fun ride, what does everyone else think?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Here's my thoughts on this.

I don't like the idea of Hulks jobbing to an ax wielding Captain America and Devil Dinosaur. Hulks being threatened by dinosaurs and super soldiers is just plain stupid. Now, I can understand if these Hulks are more like the Hulked-Out A.I.Marines from Fall of the Hulks/World War Hulks who are strong but much, much weaker and lack the main attributes of true Hulks (intense healing factor, immense strength, invulnerability, etc.). But true Hulks-- Maestro, Hulk, Skaar, She-Hulk, Lyra, Red She-Hulk, A-Bomb, Red Hulk-- aren't going to be threatened or harmed by dinosaurs and puny men like Rogers wielding weapons.

I'll still be checking this out, but I have a feeling that it isn't going to amount to much, or anything at all. If anything, it almost feels like an insult towards Greg Pak's Planet Hulk & World War Hulk sagas. If that's the case, Marvel is only hurting themselves by alienating long-time fans and readers.

This could have been a great chance to have a world where Green Scar/Green King Hulk and Caiera the Oldstrong remained and ruled over Sakaar, building a vast galactic empire that's conquered every major alien race in the universe with the aid of the ancient Oldstrong-Shadow People, all the while raising their sons Skaar & Hiro-Kala. In the end, they bring justice and peace throughout the universe until the end of time.

Then they're thrown into Secret Wars. However, instead... we get this. It's very disappointing. In fact, disappointing could be a vast understatement in this particular case. I expected something a lot more promising.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is &#^#^@ Retarded. Argh my god. Ugh I am so out of words.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was the first thing i thought off, how can a T-rex and Cap America take on a land populated by nothing but Hulks... So they obviously have to be some weak ass creatures. I threw away any suspension of disbelief to be honest and just roll with it. But if i see any of the familiar Hulks getting lowballed then just F it.

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is called planet Hulk, yet Steve and Devil Dinosaur are the main characters? Sigh doesn't look like the kind of book I want to read.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is called planet Hulk, yet Steve and Devil Dinosaur are the main characters?

Nail on the head.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thedailybagel  Moderator

This is a joke. Marvel are trying to remedy the hulk sales situation and one of their big ideas is to tarnish the reputation of one of the greatest hulk stories ever made by turning it into some comedic joy ride where the main character isn't even hulk...

I swear to god whoever comes up with these ideas should be thrown out a window.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is called planet Hulk, yet Steve and Devil Dinosaur are the main characters? Sigh doesn't look like the kind of book I want to read.

Thats why im ignoring everything modern Hulk related. All I now care about is Maestro because the current Marvel team sole goal is to ruin Hulk. Hulk animated series is better than the shit they put out in the comics.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@champion99 said:

Thats why im ignoring everything modern Hulk related. All I now care about is Maestro because the current Marvel team sole goal is to ruin Hulk. Hulk animated series is better than the shit they put out in the comics.

Actually if you ignore the Hulk titled comics, he's gotten a lot of great feats/showings in non-Hulk comics like various Avengers, Infinity or even the Long Shot series.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla said:

@champion99 said:

Actually if you ignore the Hulk titled comics, he's gotten a lot of great feats/showings in non-Hulk comics like various Avengers, Infinity or even the Long Shot series.

I know and thats the biggest f*cking problem. It's bad when animated series can do better feats then the last 3 years of Hulk comics. I would read Avengers but i hate Iron Man and never cared for Captain America. Now they do the biggest disrespect to Hulk by taking one of his comic arc and not make him the main character. It's like having Lois Lane or Gordon be the main characters of Batman/Superman. This is basically putting Batman on a planet of supermen.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:

I know and thats the biggest f*cking problem. It's bad when animated series can do better feats then the last 3 years of Hulk comics. I would read Avengers but i hate Iron Man and never cared for Captain America. Now they do the biggest disrespect to Hulk by taking one of his comic arc and not make him the main character. It's like having Lois Lane or Gordon be the main characters of Batman/Superman. This is basically putting Batman on a planet of supermen.

I share your frustration, trust me. I think Hulk's time to shine should be his comics, unfortunately that hasn't been the case for quite some time. I am looking forward to Maestro's reappearance, especially after seeing him in Spiderman 2099.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Schwarz

I said it a while back, I actually think Disney has more respect for Hulk than marvel does...

I am beign a bit hard though since the last issue of spider man 2099 confirmed that Maestro has defeated a whole lot of heroes once again which in itself is a huge feat.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz said:

I said it a while back, I actually think Disney has more respect for Hulk than marvel does...

I am beign a bit hard though since the last issue of spider man 2099 confirmed that Maestro has defeated a whole lot of heroes once again which in itself is a huge feat.

Your right they do and I remember you saying it a while back. Most haters will not say Maestro feats count since they didnt see it. lol. You know what i hope Maestro comes in Planet Hulk and kills captain. It's the only way it will be good.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Schwarz

Even though we all know Meastro has killed him in the future I would love to start seeing it on panel. Marvel should make a series that takes part in the future and we see Maestro taking care of business and taking out everybody one by one. The rise of the Maestro !

haters can say whatever they want but I posted a scan from spiderman 2099 that clearly states that Maestro has defeated those who are seen in the trophy room. there ain't much room for interpretations, it says it on panel.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@bonifidehustla said:

@green_skaar said:

I share your frustration, trust me. I think Hulk's time to shine should be his comics, unfortunately that hasn't been the case for quite some time. I am looking forward to Maestro's reappearance, especially after seeing him in Spiderman 2099.

Indeed, 'tis very true. The last time I truly, genuinely enjoyed Hulk comics was when the likes of Greg Pak and Peter David were on the title. It's been pretty much downhill since then. Thankfully, we've got PAD working with Maestro on the Future Imperfect series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.