Off My Mind: Is Hulk The Strongest There Is?

#301 Posted by frozenflame (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehood: dude i get u so much thank god i am not the only one that believes this thank you so much omg!!

#302 Posted by frozenflame (7 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk can beat anyone there is in marvel and dc and i say that strong and proud because rage has no limit and with that hulks strength has no limit magic or no magic from hulks foes emotion (rage) is way stronger then anything and with that comes hulks strength he is just so OP i reckon hulk could beat anyone if he just gets some good writers and FYI he can definitely beat Superman

#303 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6897 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenflame: But it takes time for him to get that angry and he can easily be beat before he gets to that level even killed. You think he could beat someone like Odin or Galactus etc because that's just wrong. Strength isn't the key to winning battles there are a number of other factors that contribute and Hulk can be beaten without getting angry enough to beat the other person.

#304 Edited by Schwarz (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: Well comic book Hulk don't really stand a chance vs Galactus though in the animated series he does stand his ground and in contest of champions which will be canon eventually, he did rip Galactus's mask off. As far as Odin I think he could stand his ground since Zeus couldn't kill Hulk when hulk sacrificed himself to him so Zeus knocked him off the Mount. The speed he gets angry is something that I see here and there from uninformed forum members but that is really a non-factor and not true in comic books. At some point a montain appeared quickly on him and his strength went up very quickly to withstand the weight. It is more survival than the speed at which he gets angry. He also did withstand a eye beam from an annoyed Galactus so his endurance was already pretty high at that point and he wasn't angrier than normal. (Secret Wars #9)

"All fail to stop the Hulk as he reaches the summit of Mt. Olympus. Hulk then battles an army of monsters consisting of the three Titan Cyclops, Gorgons, Centaurs and other powerful beasts that guard Olympus. The Hulk wades through the monsters, dispatching them quickly before confronting Zeus and Hera.

The Hulk lunges at Zeus and Hera only to be struck with a massive devine thunderbolt, its size and sheer power comparable to the one that brought a malnurished Galactus to his knees, engulfing the entire summit of Mt. Olympus itself! The Hulk survives, rising to his feet and goading Zeus to strike him again, who proceeds to unleash more powerful devine lighting upon the Hulk, who shrugs it off. But something isn't right, for the Hulk/Banner are schemeing something as they goad Zeus into fighting.

Hulk lands the first blow, sending Zeus smashing back againgst the massive collums, achieving a feat that few beings have ever accomplished by knocking a Sky-Father off his feet. Zeus lashes out at the Hulk, amping his physical powers to their hightest limits, his fists encased with powerful mystical energies/devine lightning that Hera claimed could vaporize the Green Goliath. The Hulk does not fight back and remains calm, enduring every powerful blow as the long and brutal fight that levels Olympus. In the end, the Hulk's ribs are shattered, his lungs collapsed and his body brutally beaten.

It is then revealed that the Hulk was holding back and remaining calm, that he was throwing the fight against Zeus for a reason. He wished to sacrifice himself to the Gods in hopes that his family-- Skaar, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, A-Bomb and Korg-- would be given the help that they've rightfully deserve. However, Zeus and Hera are unmoved by this selfless act. Zeus lashes out one final powerful attack, knocking Hulk off of Mt. Olympus.

The Hulk is then chained to a rock and feasted upon by giant vultures, not unlike the fate of Prometheus The Titan. The Hulk endures three agonizing days of being eaten by the vultures until he is rescued by Hercules and the Hulks. It takes exactly two days for Hulk to recover from his battle with the Olympian Pantheon.

This feat not only proves how powerful and durable Hulk can be, but of how truly selfless and heroic a character he is. I mean, how many can claim to throw a fight to a Sky-Father who is equal to Odin and survive a confrontation with an entire pantheon of Gods? But even more impressive is the noble and selfless act taken upon by Bruce Banner/The Hulk. This is a feat that all Hulk fans should be proud of. Now, if only we could get a rematch that's more even-termed in the future... (Incredible Hulks #621-622)!"

Copy Pasted from: bonifide of marveluniverse.com

I'm not saying that Hulk could beat those characters but the speed at which he gets angry is a non-factor since he can jack it up instantly. He can already withstand sky-father level attacks in a calm state and even knock them down not KO but knock them off their feet in one hit. Attacks that were according to Hera supposed to vaporize him... wow. His durability is so high that even the sky-fathers knowledge of his durability is wrong.

I would really encourage people to read more Hulk comics to see how impressive the green goliath is and also have more knowledge on the character itself. I often see a lot of uninformed posts concerning Hulk.

#305 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6897 posts) - - Show Bio

@schwarz: I didn't get the sense that Zeus couldn't kill him it seems he just didn't want to actually kill him and it seems like Hulk was about to accept that Zeus was going to kill him. Also Hera said Zeus could vaporise him with a thought but then Hulk called him a coward I don't think she meant the energy in his hands, so it seemed to me that Zeus just wanted to show his power but then decided to let Hulk live because he knew he wanted to die and didn't want to give him that. But I've seen lots of people interpreting that fight in different ways, I just got the sense that Zeus was way too powerful for him. I still get what you're saying being able to knock Zeus back is impressive, I still don't think he would be able to beat Zeus or Odin if they were using all their power. Also because there is more to the fights than just pure strength and people at their level of power have a lot more variety of power than just strength.

#306 Edited by Schwarz (584 posts) - - Show Bio

I was not talking about who can beat whom though. The whole point to my rant was that you said that Hulk needed time to get angry and could be killed before he got angry enough and the point I was making is more or less that without being angry and ready to sacrifice himself in a calm state, he was already sky-level durable. I was making the point that he can get instantly strong and durable if the situation asks for it. If he can beat Odin or Zeus, I don't think he ever will be shown like that except in animated series where I think he held his own with Odin and Galactus but comic book version, I don't think so.

#307 Posted by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the strongest there is when he needs to be. He has made claims he is the strongest there is and then has his arms broken, or lost the fight, like when Titannus beat him. When he needs to win for the story sake he gets a new anger form....if he is ALWAYS the strongest there is then he would never have struggles

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#308 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: Which works fine with his powerset, Hulk is only as strong as he is angry. So you can damage him quite a lot and even beat him with attacks that at other times wont even affect him, all depending on his emotional state.

#309 Posted by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: Which works fine with his powerset, Hulk is only as strong as he is angry. So you can damage him quite a lot and even beat him with attacks that at other times wont even affect him, all depending on his emotional state.

i like this powerset as well, it's more so the people that say he automatically wins because he is the hulk, that bother me.

#310 Posted by frozenflame (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: i do see what ur saying but i do think there are many feats hulk has that he can use to defeat opponents

#311 Posted by stl9997 (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is very underrated, and compared to who he fought, very underwritten. Hulk CONSTANTLY matches heavy weights like Thor, Herc, Sentry, and juggernaut, then survives hits from Galactus, Zeus, and Thanos only to get back up and keep fighting, yet he is given little feats to put him in the same league as even Thor. Im not saying Hulk should be blowing up planets with Gamma energy like he has, but after everyone hes fought/ beaten/ survived he should be regarded as someone just below skyfather

Avatar image for christianrapper
#312 Posted by christianrapper (6469 posts) - - Show Bio

@stl9997 said:

Hulk is very underrated, and compared to who he fought, very underwritten. Hulk CONSTANTLY matches heavy weights like Thor, Herc, Sentry, and juggernaut, then survives hits from Galactus, Zeus, and Thanos only to get back up and keep fighting, yet he is given little feats to put him in the same league as even Thor. Im not saying Hulk should be blowing up planets with Gamma energy like he has, but after everyone hes fought/ beaten/ survived he should be regarded as someone just below skyfather

i disagree with you on that one. hulk is not underrated imo. he has fought and beaten most of marvel heroes. in the end of the wwh arc, he nearly destroyed new york and owned most of marvel univrse. he is known by most comic book fans as one of the strongest heroes in marvel. he is one of the few characters know by non casual fans. i would say someone like beta ray bill is underrated. to me the hulk is more like superman. everyone knows that he can wreck crap.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#313 Edited by christianrapper (6469 posts) - - Show Bio

according to the marvel wiki, hercules is supposed to be the strongest hero in pure strength. the blue marvel, one of the 63 hyperions, and a confident gladiator are a match for him in the strength department imo.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#314 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

according to the marvel wiki, hercules is supposed to be the strongest hero in pure strength. the blue marvel, one of the 63 hyperions, and a confident gladiator are a match for him in the strength department imo.t

Spoken like a true Hulk fan there. Despite the fact that comics, writers, editors, handbooks and even the wiki itself(which can be altered by anyone) have said that Hulk is actually physically the strongest being. But nah it must be Hercules the guy that admitted that a holding back WWH could have killed him with more then 3 punches to the face.

You are really bad at this, you know that?

#315 Posted by comicdude007 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

But isn't the flash so fast that he could escape hulks grasp and he can summon tornadoes,he can even travel through time and kill Bruce Banner

#316 Edited by denimchikin (1 posts) - - Show Bio

since the unspoken, former inhumans ruler, is "stronger than anyone on earth" and hulk is from and typically resides on earth. the unspoken would be stronger. correct?

im not speaking in terms of a fist fight. i mean purely strength.

#317 Posted by 20damon (6163 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is as strong as he needs to be pretty much :P

#318 Posted by Saint_Sophie (7263 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously not.. I mean, if he was, who was TOAA?

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.