Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Mark Ruffalo Reveals the Reason Hulk Won't Be in "Civil War"

• 50 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

The back and forth debate to whether or not Mark Ruffalo will be playing Bruce Banner/Hulk in the upcoming Captain America: Civil War film may have come to an end. At the Venice Film Festival, badtaste talked to Ruffalo and asked him whether or not Hulk will be in the upcoming Captain America film.

I thought that I would be in the film, but in the end evidently believe that reveal what happened Hulk is something too big, and Marvel wants to use this information later. My character had been inserted in the script, but then it was taken away. Who knows, maybe Hulk will never return. However, they want to keep the revelation of what happened a secret, because it is something really big

Translated by Google

Hulk was in the script, then taken out because something bigger is going on. That leads to a few new questions. Does that mean Bruce Banner is going to be in the film then? Many fans are still hoping for Ruffalo to appear in the movie, and clinging to that like there's no tomorrow. Many people are speculating that this big secret is somehow going to lead to a Planet Hulk movie, based off the comic story line where Hulk crash lands on a planet and fights his way through gladiator battles in order to become king. It's widely considered to be one of the best Hulk story lines.

A Planet Hulk film still feels a little far-fetched, but something else to wonder about is if fans will even get another stand-alone Hulk film. What do you think? Captain America: Civil War opens on May 6, 2016.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He's too powerful.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Whoa, here's hoping for a Hulk-centered film.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@micah said:

He's too powerful.

Whoa, here's hoping for a Hulk-centered film.

agreed to both

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot damn.

Beata

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

Not sure why Planet Hulk is a far fetched idea when Marvel made GotG work as a movie.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

:(

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thankfully. Even I was afraid of overstuffing, and Marvel has yet to do me personally as a consumer wrong. I think it also would've taken the intrigue out of what Hulk did at the end of AoU if we see him back the very next time we see most of these characters.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yeah they can't do Planet Hulk until they give Hulk the ability to talk, which doesn't seem to be happening any time soon (roars and "puny God" quips notwithstanding).

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotg2?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hulk gets Kidnapped by Thanos. I think that's the big secret.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
    MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty clear the direction the MCU is going, with Thanos going on a quest for the gems, and an inevitable battle between him and some of the MCU heroes, Not sure what 'big' twist there could be besides something that seems reasonably likely anyway, like Hulk meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotg2?

@lukehero said:

.....Good theories.....

I hope there is at least a nod to planet hulk.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

I think what happened is that the Hulk finally gained full sapience as opposed to the Savage Hulk we've seen up until now and the two consciousnesses (Banner and Hulk) are at a sort of equilibrium, that's certainly what it seemed like at the end of AoU.

This is probably all leading up to WWH, hopefully those GOTG rumours from a while back had some grain of truth, because I'd love to see that.

I just hope Marvel/Disney can clear up the distribution issues.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.....Good theories.....

I hope there is at least a nod to planet hulk.

Well, it'd be strategically disadvantageous to continue holding the Hulk for any extended period of time, Thanos or not. Don't want to kill him (despite being, y'know. Thanos.) or anything 'cause he could be a powerful asset at a later date, with a little nudging from the Mind Gem. Even failing that, knowledge of his whereabouts could be used to cripple the Avengers from the inside.

So. Best solution: Keep him alive. But drop him somewhere. Not a prison, he'd just break out of there sooner or later. A planet. Without it's own spacefaring tech. Where the relative technology is somewhat low, but the inhabitants are strong enough to beat him down with numbers. Environment's harsh to keep Banner from popping out and figuring a way off planet.

Somewhere like Sakaar, for example.

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Real reason: budget.

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe in his isolation in the ship he learns to meld his Banner and Hulk personalities into one allowing him to talk and think more clearly. Then he returns just in time kick Thanos' add and save everyone in Infinity War part 2.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps Hulk is doing something important for Infinity War and it won't be relevant or obvious to Civil War? Wouldn't be a bad idea for Hulk to be involved with one of the gems.

I would prefer that they avoid another scene like Thor's revelation pool from Avengers 2.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's for the Best. What happened to Hulk at the End of Age of Ultron is a huge mystery and emotional moment. Having him show up in the very next movie would feel rushed, and I doubt they would have time to explore where he went and what he did and where he is now mentally, spiritually, ect. Has anyone considered that with the way Hulk left, it could be playing an important part as to why Natasha has chosen to side with Stark and Registration? Or are we just assuming that she believes that siding with Stark, The Gov'T, and the Law that she is somehow wiping the red from her ledger, by "Doing the right thing" from a legal standpoint?

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet Hulk really seems like the only thing they could do with Hulk at this point. Having another movie with Hulk on Earth running from the military seems redundant. With the success of Guardians and Marvel's push for the more space/cosmic characters, it shouldnt be that far fetched for them to accomplish.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Not totally awesome news, I guess.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Marvel studios doesn't feel like there is any money in doing solo hulk films. Maybe she-hulk but planet hulk or world war hulk can be interweaved into other story lines like captain marvel and ant-man.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Not totally awesome news, I guess.

Loading Video...

Joking aside though, maybe it might be best if Hulk wasn't in the movie actually...If he was in the movie, he could a disadvantage to the other team, whether it's Cap's or Iron Man's. I do believe that a Planet Hulk movie isn't too far-fetched but him traveling to space and being captured by Thanos will be good.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

@kritikalmassx: Yeah, you're right. Hulk never appeared in Civil War comics. So it makes sense for him not to appear. I figured he would be a cause of the Civil War, since Ultron controlled his mind, causing destruction in the city.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark Ruffalo saying Marvel is doing something big with Hulk is about as reliable as the time he said he was gonna be in the Civil War movie which turned out to be false as we just found out. And even here he literally tells us they might not even do anything with Hulk and we might not see him again(highly unlikely but still a possibility that they will do nothing big with him just make him randomly appear in the next Avengers movie), so lower your expectations. I am pretty sure that the fact that Hulk isn't included is because he would be a too powerful player compared to everyone else here, they would have needed to include Thor as well then and at that point they would have just called it Avengers 3.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

I don't think they'll be pushing for a hulk solo, they're already at the brim of how many movies they can fit in, I still say that a planet hulk subplot will run through the next two avengers films as opposed to making a full on planet hulk movie.

And yeah, hulk is too overpowered so whichever team gets him would auto win. Same case with thor, which is why I'm glad that neither are in civil war.

Geekness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This says planet hulk and wwhulk all over it

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

may be there will be a post credit scene where hulk crashed landed in another planet or something. that's what my mind is telling me.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark Ruffalo saying Marvel is doing something big with Hulk is about as reliable as the time he said he was gonna be in the Civil War movie which turned out to be false as we just found out. And even here he literally tells us they might not even do anything with Hulk and we might not see him again(highly unlikely but still a possibility that they will do nothing big with him just make him randomly appear in the next Avengers movie), so lower your expectations. I am pretty sure that the fact that Hulk isn't included is because he would be a too powerful player compared to everyone else here, they would have needed to include Thor as well then and at that point they would have just called it Avengers 3.

I don't think they'll be pushing for a hulk solo, they're already at the brim of how many movies they can fit in, I still say that a planet hulk subplot will run through the next two avengers films as opposed to making a full on planet hulk movie.

And yeah, hulk is too overpowered so whichever team gets him would auto win. Same case with thor, which is why I'm glad that neither are in civil war.

Why does everybody suddenly forget Vision ?? He is more powerful than Hulk and Thor, he is completely made of vibranium, the same material Cap´s shield is made of, and nothing has harmed it, he can phase, he has flight, and it was stated by Stark when they were at Clint´s house that the new body Ultron was building for himself was going to be more powerful than all the Avengers together, and that body was Vision who was later retrieved by the Avengers, so right now, Stark´s side has a huge advantage with Vision in their team, Cap´s team would need Hulk or Thor to make it fair, as of right now, Vision could solo Steve´s and Stark´s team at the same time.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thedailybagel  Moderator

@thor_parker82: wasn't he talking about ultrons second body? The one that already beat vision IIRC. Ultrons second body was also melted by thor, vision and tony, got dented by a punch from hulk and was torn apart by scarlet witch. Vision hasn't shown anything to suggest he's more powerful than thor or hulk so I have no idea where your getting that from.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: wasn't he talking about ultrons second body? The one that already beat vision IIRC. Ultrons second body was also melted by thor, vision and tony, got dented by a punch from hulk and was torn apart by scarlet witch. Vision hasn't shown anything to suggest he's more powerful than thor or hulk so I have no idea where your getting that from.

Nope, I rewatched the movie and they were talking about Vision´s body, Stark said it would be more powerful than all the Avengers combined. Vibranium hasn´t been damaged by anything in the MCU, and Vision is entirely made of vibranium, he can phase, and has flight, not to mention he is the user of the most powerful infinity stone according to Thor, and stated by Cap to be city busting.

And I have explained this some other times, but I am pretty sure Ultron´s body was melted because of Vision, Stark and Thor wouldn´t have been able to do it on their own, and even after being melted, Ultron was still fine and got ahold of a quinjet. What I do not know, is if Ultron´s final body is made of vibranium, no one really says if it was, just Stark saying "did you drink some vibranium cocktails" and he had no way of knowing if Ultron´s body was vibranium.

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hulk is so strong the side that gets him should win by default.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@thor_parker82: eh, I'll believe it when I see it. Ultron had him visibly overpowered and a blast did was onock him away, it took all 3 of them to start melting him. Although vibranium has been damaged in the mcu. Banner built a hide away for hulk in the comic tie-ins (which are all canon) and the walls are lined with vibranium. Hulk put a fist sized dent into it.

Ultron wasn't really fine, he got a dent in his stomach from hulk and then got manhandled again by hulk, the fall alone damaged him to the point he could barely move. I'm also fairly sure his outer shell was vibranium at least, he upgraded at least twice and that would've been pointless if he didn't use vibranium. No other real life metal can withstand hits from mjolnir or hulk without breaking instantly and vibranium is the only fictional metal introduced so far.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PanthersRock

@atheistknowledge: do you not remember ironman beating hulk in avenegrs 2? I don't think hulk is too powerful here

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: do you not remember ironman beating hulk in avenegrs 2? I don't think hulk is too powerful here

Don't remind us.

I'm not excited about this news, or any news really. Rough being a Hulk fan, but I love the MCU so I'll leave my complaints at the door.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: eh, I'll believe it when I see it. Ultron had him visibly overpowered and a blast did was onock him away, it took all 3 of them to start melting him. Although vibranium has been damaged in the mcu. Banner built a hide away for hulk in the comic tie-ins (which are all canon) and the walls are lined with vibranium. Hulk put a fist sized dent into it.

Ultron wasn't really fine, he got a dent in his stomach from hulk and then got manhandled again by hulk, the fall alone damaged him to the point he could barely move. I'm also fairly sure his outer shell was vibranium at least, he upgraded at least twice and that would've been pointless if he didn't use vibranium. No other real life metal can withstand hits from mjolnir or hulk without breaking instantly and vibranium is the only fictional metal introduced so far.

Ultron knocked out a weakened Vision, he was weakened due to cutting Ultron from the internet, you can see that when he finishes doing that, he falls back and closes his eyes like he was just about to get unconsciouss, then Ultron gets mad and slams him into the floor. I need to see some scans of those tie ins where Hulk did that, Cap´s shield was believed to be the only vibranium piece in the planet until Ultron tried to get some from Wakanda. Banner didn´t even know what Wakanda was, and that´s the only place he could have gotten the vibranium from.

Ultron never got a dent by Thor or Hulk nor did he ever got manhandled by Hulk, I don´t know where are you getting that, after Ultron was blasted by three attacks, he was just about to "surrender" and he was interrupted mid sentence and got punched by Hulk, and that punch did nothing because Ultron got up and got ahold of a helicarrier, the same happened when Vision punched him with Mjolnir, Ultron was sent flying both times, but he received no real damage. I don´t think Ultron was completely made of vibranium if he was at all, I can understand the combined attack melting part of his armor, but being hurt by falling from a quinjet which wasn´t even that high, doesn´t seem consistent to what has been shown from Cap´s shield.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes what of it? Ironman only beat Hulk because of the circumstances involved, everyone already knows including Tony himself that he would have lost if that fight went on any longer then it did.

@thor_parker82 Vision is not as powerful as you make him out to be and the Civil War movie will show us that.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

That's a very wrong statement. There are more things involved in the fight which clearly showed who was the underdog in the fight ( Iron Man).

Winning the fight based on circumstances doesn't register a win.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: amazing idea, but in AOU, The end credits scene was thanos just getting infinity gauntlet, signal gems, and currently vision has he mind gem, and he is playing a big role in civil war, so thanos won't be getting that until at least the end credits scene, maybe even later. Since thanos is too busy getting the gems, it is more likely the disappearance of hulk has nothing to do with him. Maybe sakkarian scouts were searching earth for a powerful gladiator to fight for the red king, found hulk, dragged him to sakkar, tadaa, planet/wwh hulk.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thedailybagel  Moderator

@thor_parker82: after that, just prior to ultron being melted him and vision were tussling and ultron was winning, vision has to knock him away with a blast because he was getting overpowered. As for scans, I don't have any nor can I post any, you'll have to take my word for it.

Hulks punch dented ultrons armour, and in the plane hulk manhandled him and threw him out. Vibranium really isn't as tough as you think it is in the mcu.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: @teh_pwnerer: I don't think its a wrong statement given the fact that the hulk went out first, yes I know veronica would have eventually ran out of replacement's but the fight showed that hulk isn't out of his league and that ironman can certainly out up a good fight

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'm glad that Hulk isn't in Civil War.

Only Abomination could actually go against him directly, and then their battle alone would cause massive destruction similar to the conflict between Zod & Superman in Man of Steel.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still praying for a Planet Hulk movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet Hulk most likely isn't happening

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: after that, just prior to ultron being melted him and vision were tussling and ultron was winning, vision has to knock him away with a blast because he was getting overpowered. As for scans, I don't have any nor can I post any, you'll have to take my word for it.

Hulks punch dented ultrons armour, and in the plane hulk manhandled him and threw him out. Vibranium really isn't as tough as you think it is in the mcu.

The only time Ultron and Vision fought one on one was when Vision was weakened from disconnecting Ultrom from the internet.....I would usually believe you, but Banner didn´t even know what Wakanda was, and that´s the only place he could have gotten vibranium from.

Hulk´s punch didn´t dent Ultron´s armor, nor did any single hit it received, the only damage his armor suffered was that it got melted, and he was still fine, Hulk didn´t manhandle Ultron in the plane, he just threw him off, they didn´t even fight, and like I said, suffering damage from a fall that wasn´t even that high seems like PIS to me if it was really vibranium, it porbably was just the outter part of his armor and the insides were the ones that got damaged, but Vision is entirely made of vibranium, and Cap´s shield hasn´t been damaged by anything in any MCU movie.

@atheistknowledge: He really is, he´s at least powerful enough to take either Hulk or Thor one on one.

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel doesnt give a fuck about hulk

ThePeaceweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll be setting ironman up as a bad guy in civil war right? Planet hulk could happen.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Good, Civil War was getting crowded enough. And with Thor back on Asgard, none of the heroes would have been a match for Hulk. I guess this reduces the possibility of Red Hulk appearing, but Blonsky as the film's villanous muscle might still be on the table.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.