Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Likes and dislikes about Pak's Hulk comics

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Tell us about some of the things you enjoyed about Greg Pak's run on Hulk as well as what you didn't care much for.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I immensely enjoyed his tenure on the Hulk. Only complaints would be that hes writing Cho Hulk atm instead of Banner.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By waezi2

I immensely enjoyed his tenure on the Hulk. Only complaints would be that hes writing Cho Hulk atm instead of Banner.

To be fair, that wasn't really his call, if I understand it right. That was an editor decision.

I liked how he evolved the Hulk family as well as how he portrayed Banner as being as smart as the Hulk is strong.

I didn't like that he made Hulk seem too... well, good. To me, Hulk is a uncontrollable force that can do plenty of good as well as harm. One of my favorite Hulk stories is how Igor Drenkov, the man who detonated the bomb that created Hulk, has gone insane as he is plagued by guilt because of all the destruction Hulk has caused as well as feeling some sort of twisted pride as there has been times where the planet would have been doomed if not for the existence of Hulk. But Pak's run on Hulk makes him seem too much of a good guy and victim. That may just be me, but that's how I feel about his Hulk series.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By medulaoblaganda

what i like about pak run on the hulk is hulks power level. pak knows how to show case hulks strength. pak hulk strength is absolutely insane.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet Hulk/World War Hulk are among my favorite Hulk stories, up there with PAD's run. His Chulk stories haven't been nearly as good.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

His first tenure on Hulk was very entertaining, had strong emotional beats, a good heart and epic action. His current Chulk one is shameless empty pandering fan fiction.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

His first tenure on Hulk was very entertaining, had strong emotional beats, a good heart and epic action. His current Chulk one is shameless empty pandering fan fiction.

This, Although I'd add that he provided significant amount of character progression in the Hulk and built a strong supporting cast surrounding him with welcome additions like Skaar, Warbound, Pre Totally Awesome Amadeus, etc.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By HAWK2916

Pak is a good writer.

I just don't like that they killed off Banner in favor of putting Cho there. For me the Hulk will always be Banner. And God No to that weapon h crap

SaviorSorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pak is okay but a lot of hus dialogue is cringe worthy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.