Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

It's confirmed that MCU Hulk wasn't afraid of Thanos

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Erkan12

Comes from the director of the film;

Joe Russo:

"I think people have interpreted it as Hulk's scared," he admitted. "I mean, certainly, I don't know that the Hulk is ever [scared of anything]."

The filmmaker continued: "[Hulk has] had his ass kicked before, and he loves a good fight. But I think that it's really reflective of the journey from Ragnarok. Is that these two characters are constantly in conflict with each other over control.

"And I think that if the Hulk were to say why, it'd be [that] Banner only wants Hulk for fighting. I think he's had enough of saving Banner's ass."

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/the-avengers/news/a856640/avengers-infinity-war-hulk-complaint-answered/

My comment earlier;

@erkan12 said:

Hulk didn't afraid.

He had issues with Banner. I don't know where this bullshit came from. Banner already said ''we've problems with the other guy''

Remember how Banner changed into Hulk in Ragnarok, Banner died, and then Hulk came. There is a problem between the two and they aren't listening to each other.

Saying that Hulk was a coward, it means Banner was braver which would be ridiculous. Banner wanted to fight, and Hulk didn't? That should be the opposite. You said yourself, Hulk didn't afraid of Surtur, even after Surtur threw him to the ground. Being afraid or not wasn't the issue. He didn't even see Thanos later, he wasn't even going to fight with Thanos. To say that he was afraid of Thanos is completely baseless.

There wasn't a proper situation that could kill Banner, so Hulk didn't come forward. Banner could suicide, but he didn't find the chance while he had the Hulkbuster suit.

I think that was obvious, Hulk showed up when Banner died in the Ragnarok, Banner was unable to change from there and it wasn't anything new to the Infinity War.

Banner was Hulk for 2 years. He never showed up until 2 years, and and remember how he changed back to Banner, he tried to stop that but Hulk failed. It means that even from the Ragnarok, they haven't worked with each other since the Age of Ultron.

I am pretty sure we will see this problem in the next movie too, and how they will handle it.

boombox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By boombox

Also probably because the hulk feels that people like him only because of his fighting skills. He’s never appreciated for other stuff. We saw in Ragnarok how hulk feels about the people of earth and now that he’s back, maybe hulk doesn’t wanna come out?

I can imagine thor giving hulk a pep talk about how the universe needs him and all

LJayG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LJayG

@boombox: Until Avengers 4 my friend, until then

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I read this interview, but unfortunately that's not how a lot of cinema goers saw it. When I talk to all my non comic buying friends about IW and Hulk they all say, "Hulk was too scared to come out....."

The Russo's need to make sure they rectify this in Avengers 4!! I've made my frustration at Hulk's treatment in IW pretty well known and whilst I get what the Russos are trying to do with the Hulk/Banner relationship thing, the fact is we Hulk fans haven't had a standalone movie for 10 years now and so look forward to Avengers movies to see our favourite strut his stuff. Its therefore hugely disappointing when we get about 1 minute of Hulk action, especially when Thor goes on to dominate a large part of the movie with some great feats! I don't begrudge Thor action time, as unlike many Hulk fans I like that character too, just want some Hulk smash.

Someone said on another post that the Russos are movie makers and don't think like fans of characters and this is probably true. For this reason, I remain sceptical as to whether Hulk will do much in IW part 2. It seems they're building up captain marvel to be the one to come to the rescue, which for me sucks. It should always be Thor and Hulk leading the way in these movies....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.