Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Is there anything that his anger can't do?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

Pretty much what says in the title, is there? I mean, all I am waiting for now is the Hulk to be able to fire lasers out of his eyes consisting of radiation. I mean, people have been saying he can survive in space, resist TP, he flew(yes I realize thats non-canon, but still it happened...unless of course he didn't use his anger to fly..) and a bunch of other things with his anger and its like...well what can't he do with it? 

Edit: Wait just also forgot about his healing factor probably contributes to all that, so pretty much the question is...what can't he do with his anger/healing factor?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can't beat Reed Richards at chess.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

He does things just because he is pissed. An asteroid could be heading towards Earth and Hulk could be so mad that he develops his own gravitational pull that swings the Earth around him and avoiding the asteroid successfully.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@Wolfrazer said:

Pso pretty much the question is...what can't he do with his anger/healing factor?

make me care about him as a character....

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Hulk's abilities that are amplified by anger are restricted to strength, speed, healing factor, radiation output, durability and endurance. His TP resistance is because of his various personalities I believe.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kid Apollo

he cant solve a rubix cube with his anger

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By samuel_larson_10

I think hulk does have a limit it's just unknown, and probably will never be driven there, and even if it was driven to that point I doubt it would be calculable. World breaker is the strongest level of anger we've seen but it can only destroy planets whereas characters like odin can destroy galaxies and hurt galactus. In my opinion hulk's potential extends probably to just below skyfather. I don't think any being could get angry to that point, you can't get angry forever Eventually the anger has to stop

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Takao0815

(Hope it works with the dictionary)

What Hulk has achieved so far.

Mountain lift 150 billion tons (Banner Hulk)

stood against the energy shackles of strangers (this has strengthened them with a machine to keep so they can have planets).

dopelt destroyed an asteroid the size of the earth

has its own space-time continuum broken (I have not looked up myself but do not trust the source)

Caused an earthquake in the infinite Dimmensions (then universes were still called dimensions and the universe with the other dimensions of the multiverse)

Is of a moon jump to a planet (in seconds and without anger)

landed after the jump exactly on the meter

On wall a poison which was developed special for him.

Banner healed after rigor mortis had occurred (Banner had been shot on the run)

survived million degrees Fahrenheit without injury

survived a (wounded) is greater than the heat in the core of the Sun

a missile has caught in the air.

can see ghosts

can a being without body a artmen (and eat) even who it already partially in the body of man is 50.00.

Influenced EMP can deliver similar energy what weather still there (could not control the weather)

Can absorb energy and turn it into more than it was initially

Can make a fossil of Banner Backward

his skin can withstand adamantium and attacking destroying what Adamantium

it can emit gamma rays energy and cause explosions

, the energy of over 200 Rulks absorb (with a machine but a Rulk been handed to kill one of the ancients of the universe.

Destroyed the Destroyer Armor

At Wath if he destroyed Thor's Hammer

Defeated the Surfer

Was a force against the Surfers (this time it had done) immune

was able to create a new body was left of him stark nch the only bone (Maestro).

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Of course. The Hulk's strength and anger are great assets...when you need something smashed.

Sometimes problems are better fixed by the following: Talking, sneaking, hacking, diplomacy, science, etc.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dum529001

@Wolfrazer: The Hulk's cells increase in gamma energy, growing in strength, in proportion to stress in order to survive. The key factor is stress, Whether caused by the stress of his own anger/strenuous physical activity or what is inflicted on him by others.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Twentyfive

I believe he can do anything. He punched a black hole in a comic and I think he collapsed it. After that, I will never argue against the Hulk (still can't beat Thor though).

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

The limiting factor, IMO, is that his ultimate World Breaker literally can't exist without destroying the world. People forget that he only went from the WWH persona to World Breaker for a few moments (and a few steps) before screaming to Stark that he needed to be neutralized before he tore the earth apart. I would argue that his desire to not take innocent life makes his upper limit a liability instead of an asset.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Takao0815

@ The_Peter_Cosmic : The World breakwater has appeared twice.

For a while the world appear übelebt his.

Really dangerous, he was then only as Mindlless (3) Hulk.

Then he destroyed a planet when he and she Rulk (magically enhanced fought).

Here some supervillains were killed. One of them was the Silver Surfer is far superior and others had just turned invigorating enough to conquer the Earth.

Yet they and the planet were destroyed because they were too close.

Hulk then later transformed into a (at least) 10 times greater in Worldbreaker. The earth was not destroyed Yet. Could at Super A-bomb, She-Hulk and Super Super She Rulk have been located. they have lots of energy absorbed.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dum529001

No one outthinks, outfgihts, or beats the Hulk!

The Hulk's gamma irradiated physiology allows Hulk to survive in space, bust planetoids, etc. Hulk draws upon the universes' limitless nuclear energy. Hulk/Banner's increase in gamma radiation in proportion to stress(caused by his own physical exertion/anger or other outside forces), converting it to new and stronger cellular mass (his tissues are incrediblely dense) in order to survive. As a byproduct of this Hulk has a regenerative healing, is self-sustaining, has limitless stamina and is immune to any magnitude of lethal injury.

Hulk's cellular mass growth matches the intensity of his stress so it is never overburdened(unlike Wolverine's). As it is known, Hulk's cells initially use energy to adapt for survival (and that process does occur instantly)BEFORE multiplying themselves in order to keep the body coherent instead of staying scattered. Even though Hulk's x-factor gamma strength ability keeps him from death it does not keep him from being rendered unconscious at times.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.