Infinity War is worst showing of Hulk ever on film!

#1 Posted by hulk465 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

First off let me say that i'm a big fan of the Russo brothers and I think that the Winter Soldier and Civil War are Marvel studios best films. Avengers Infinity War is no exception. It is without a doubt an awesome movie, but it has the worst showing ever of the Hulk on film because Marvel studios have made Hulk to be a COWARD???

I don't have a problem with the Hulk being beaten by Thanos because he had the power stone. The Film already showed that Thor was beaten and on the floor too, But what's this crap that the Hulk is AFRAID of Thanos??? In comic book history Hulk has never been afraid to change to fight ANYONE including Thanos. In the MCU version Hulk has battle the likes of the Army, Abomination, Thor, Chitari aliens, Hydra army, Hulkbuster, Ultron and his robots, Thor again with the Thor force, Hela's huge zombie dog and most importantly Surtur who's more frighting than Thanos himself! Let's not forget that Hulk has been fighting all kinds of monsters and aliens in the battle arena while away for almost 2 years. So again, how is Hulk afraid of Thanos??? I don't want to hear form the nay sayers "well he has the mind of a 5 year old" because he was battle harden and cagey after Thor Ragnarok with all the arena fighting and Valkyrie training. So MS took a huge shit on Hulk in Infinity War. HA, I guess now if Hulk see the Hulkbuster he will turn back to Banner with fear that he got beaten by Hulkbuster?

The Russo brothers have even made Hulk look worst than Ang Lee who directed the first Hulk film. Not only does Hulk look like a chump, he is barely even in the movie??? Thor, Ironman and Cap all get good scenes in the film, but they were already in there own films to shine so why not Hulk who has none? No redemption in the 3rd act for Hulk either. MS just totally lied with Hulk running with the Avengers in Wakanda in the trailer. Instead we get more Hulkbuster. Like as if we don't get enough of Ironman already. Just a horrible version of Hulk ever. Can you imagine if they treated Ironman, Thor or Cap like this? Having them fight Thanos then run for cover not to be seen in the film ever again? This is poor writing and how did Kevin Feige approve of this shit???? Boy they must really hate the Hulk at MS. Honestly, it would have been better if Hulk wasn't even in the film then to show him like this.

Now, i'm not looking forward to seeing the sequel because how do you come back from that Hulk embarrassment? There's no redemption short of Hulk going world war Hulk and single handed saving the day. And that will NEVER happen because MS don't have the balls to do such a thing, remember Ironman needs to save the day (like we haven't see that before). Me being a Hulk fan since 1973 is just sad to see such a icon treated this way. Sound off and give your opinion of this version of Hulk in Infinity War. To me Russo brothers get an A for Avengers, but get a F for Hulk and Kevin Feige WTF????

#2 Edited by Lord_of_Light (192 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, there could be some big build up around Hulk, i mean everyone got a power-boost, with Thor, Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch having the biggest ones so far, so Hulk is gonna get one as well for sure, gimme that World Breaker baby. XD

#3 Posted by TheMaximus (709 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk will probably have a rematch with thanos in avengers 4 after thanos kills widow. Go WB and smash thanos.

#4 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

Some truths and facts when it comes down to the altercation that transpired between Hulk and Thanos, the internal conflict between Hulk and Banner, and their larger role in Avengers 4.

Most of us have seen Avengers: Infinity War.

The Hulk took on Thanos directly and withstood numerous powerful blows from the Mad Titan. These blows hurt the Hulk worse than any blows have before. It was the only time that the Hulk was left completely bloodied and beaten. Not once has this ever happened before. That being said, I would like to present some facts that many are not taking into consideration, if not flat out unacknowledging.

*The only time Hulk was ever hurt or truly bleed quite a bit was in the MCU prior to his altercation with Thanos was when he fought Abomination in Incredible Hulk (2008).

*Tony Stark's Hulkbuster only managed to enrage Hulk more than actually hurt him in Avengers: Age of Ultron, but if it had not had its parts constantly replaced it would not lasted as long as it did. And if it were not for the Scarlet Witch's mind control being broken, the Hulk would have continued his rampage and killed Tony in the process.

*Thor's best and most powerful shots could only slightly faze the Hulk inAvengers (2012) and Thor: Ragnarok (whether it be with Mjolnir or lightning enhanced blows with power that's only been shown thrice in Thor: Ragnarok, two being against Hulk and one when he unleashed a massive thunderbolt assault on Hela).

*The Hulk was taking on Thanos who possessed the Power Gem, which was glowing with power beforehand. It is not entirely impossible he used the Infinity Stone to enhance his own immense power and blows, thus a possible reason why he was able to overpower and brutally pummel the Hulk with a flurry of powerful blows.

*Out of all those on the ship, including Thor and the Asgardians, the Hulk was the only one left standing and still able to fight against Thanos. Thor was laying on the floor at Thanos feet, battered and coughing/spitting out blood.

*When Thor went to attack Thanos after he laid out the Hulk, he got in one hit on Thanos who wasn't even phased and proceeded to one-shot him and have Ebony Maw easily entrap him.

*When Hulk attacked Thanos, he knocked Thanos down and actually hurt him. He even managed to pummel and pin the Mad Titan to the wall. This display nearly caused Cull Obsidian and others of the Black Order to intervene, only for the Ebony Maw to reassure them. And he said and I quote: "Wait. Let him have some fun". After all, Thanos does enjoy a challenge and most likely has never been staggered or harmed by anyone in the universe prior to this.

*Throughout the entire film, when anyone else faced Thanos directly, he laid them out easily if not outright one-shot them without using the gems to enhance his might or really put any full force in his blows. Iron Man, Starlord, Drax, Spider-Man used their speed and agility to get hits in on the Mad Titan, but when he hit them, even while restrained and without the Infinity Stones for enhancement, they were laid out. He even one-shot most of them as if he were swatting insects away. He physically hit Iron Man once and it severely damaged his armor and knocked/ripped the helmet off his head. They were of no threat to him in an actual fight, with or without the Infinity Gauntlet.

*Thor was only able to hurt Thanos by driving a fully powered lightning infused Stormbreaker into his chest with momentum from a vast distance away and in the form of a sneak attack. It should be noted that Stormbreaker is a weapon that was designed and created for Odin to be the most powerful weapon in all of Asgard by Eitri of Nidavellir. And even then, it seemed to have little effect on Thanos afterwards as no wound was present at the end of the film where he watched the sunset on another planet.

*Nobody else in the entire film, other than the Hulk, went toe-to-toe with Thanos, traded blows with him, and withstood as many powerful hits in a fight with the Mad Titan. They all used speed, agility, and dodged his attacks. Because when Thanos did land a blow, they were laid out in 2-3 blows if not outright one-shotted.

*It has been stated in many interviews that the Hulk is not afraid of Thanos, but is instead impressed with the Mad Titan. Banner, on the other hand, is terrified of the Mad Titan. It has also been outright stated by Mark Ruffalo and the Russo Brothers that Banner and Hulk are having an internal conflict, one that's focused on Hulk becoming his own person/entity and the ever continuing struggle for control between Banner & Hulk. Also, they've stated this is just part of an upcoming large arc and huge role for Banner/Hulk in Avengers 4. Next time we see Hulk & Thanos clash, I'm willing to bet the battle will be quite a bit different, especially if Banner & Hulk see the death or deaths of those they care about and/or decide to finally unleash the rage and power within.

#5 Posted by cresShadow (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is going through a character arc. Banner having the time of his life in the hulk buster was funny as hell tho

#6 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

now you know how it feels just like when THOR is a jobber to us THOR fans.

#7 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk fans are so sensitive its so amusing. They try so hard to make up excuses.

#8 Posted by Battle123axe (9198 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:
No Caption Provided

now you know how it feels just like when THOR is a jobber to us THOR fans.

it must be sad for you to have felt that for years, while we only had to suffer for a single movie.

someone's salty

#9 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson:

We don't make excuses. We tell facts. And unlike you Thor fanboys, we have enough respect for Thor and his fanbase to not go over to their boards and threads and disrespectfully lowball their character.

Speaking of bitter and sensitive... are you still grieving the fact that Thor lost his hammer and mantle to a dying female cancer patient and will go down to be the greatest Thor ever? :)

#10 Edited by WhyZoSerious (1834 posts) - - Show Bio

What are you talking about, he gave Thanos the best fight in this movie. The rest of them were just dodging and flying around with making no damage to the Titan, Hulk knocked him down for a second.

And I don't remember where they say he's afraid? That's just one of the many theories following this movie.

Mark Ruffalo is great actor and having him in the action was such a good call, just like they did in Ragnarok. When Thor arrived and he put down the helmet and screamed "OOOO yeah, you are so screwed" or something like this, that was one of the funniest moments.

This character has a dual incarnation, don't forget that.

#11 Posted by kgb725 (19564 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'all are hulk fans but don't care about Banner at all ?

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
#12 Posted by Sophisticated_Ignorance (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll get a boost in the next movie when he goes World Breaker relax, either him or Captain Marvel are gonna be the ones to beat Thanos for good or maybe they'll even do it together.

#13 Posted by DevilmayDare (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

Y'all are hulk fans but don't care about Banner at all ?

Obviously people care about Banner, but Banner wasn't the one that was the problem in this movie, although i would say he got no actual character development in it. This story arc that goes across 3 movies that Ruffalo talked about seems like it skipped this movie.

#14 Posted by Thedailybagel (12910 posts) - - Show Bio

He’s a kid, if you beat up a kid (especially one who’s bigger and stronger than all the other kids his age) he’s gonna have a reality check.

#15 Posted by IAmTheLaw (858 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't hate it, simply because the showing at the beginning was entertaining enough and the movie itself was awesome. I would have preferred he got himself out of the Hulkbuster suit and beat up some aliens.

#16 Posted by slimj87d (15680 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure they're going to give Hulk a major role in the next movie.

This might be Hulk's worse showing, but for once Bruce showed himself to be quite brave for being a unathletic scientist going to war.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#17 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6689 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulk465: so hulk would beat thanos without the power gem?

#18 Posted by hulk465 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: In my opinion based on what i seen and read in comics Hulk has the potential to beat Thanos without the stone/gems, especially if the Hulk goes world breaker Hulk mode. When in this form Hulk has been known to create a earth quake shock wave that extended from NYC to Massachusetts 2 states away and the air space above destroying miles of land just from a single foot step as seen in issue 5 of World War Hulk. OR destroy miles of land mass outside the city of Las Vegas just by standing there. OR destroy a whole planet in the dark dimension as seen in between issues of incredible Hulk 630-635. I've never seen Thanos display that type of power without the infinity gems in comics. Now Thanos has never beaten Hulk 616 in hand to hand combat with a knock out without his amplified power set of the infinity stones or some other power srouce. If Thanos has beaten Hulk without the amplified power boost, please tell me the issue so i can buy it ( I have almost every Hulk appearance in comics). I notice that whenever they write this confrotation they allow Thanos his amplified power set but not Hulk's?

As for the MCU, Thor, Ironman, Spiderman get to amplified there powers but not Hulk? My complaint to Infinity War is 1) Hulk looks like a coward 2) Hulk is barely seen in the movie but Banner is shown a lot (so put Banner in the Hulkbuster on the movie poster and not Hulk) 3) Hulk is not allow or shown to get his amplified power by going World Breaker mode in MCU ( frankly MCU is too chicken shit to show Hulk having that much power displayed on film).

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#19 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6689 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulk465: what do you think of silver surfer vs wbh??

#20 Edited by Erkan12 (8476 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk didn't afraid.

He had issues with Banner. I don't know where this bullshit came from. Banner already said ''we've problems with the other guy''

Remember how Banner changed into Hulk in Ragnarok, Banner died, and then Hulk came. There is a problem between the two and they aren't listening to each other.

Saying that Hulk was a coward, it means Banner was braver which would be ridiculous. Banner wanted to fight, and Hulk didn't? That should be the opposite. You said yourself, Hulk didn't afraid of Surtur, even after Surtur threw him to the ground. Being afraid or not wasn't the issue. He didn't even see Thanos later, he wasn't even going to fight with Thanos. To say that he was afraid of Thanos is completely baseless.

There wasn't a proper situation that could kill Banner, so Hulk didn't come forward. Banner could suicide, but he didn't find the chance while he had the Hulkbuster suit.

#21 Posted by Champion99 (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU Hulk is just trash through and through. He's not an interesting and he hasn't done anything incredible since the first Avengers. I say if Hulk is just going to be big dumb monster the least he could do is be impressive by smashing shit. But he can't even do that right considering that the most impressive thing he's done since the first Avengers movie is fight a giant wolf that he only beat because it fell down a waterfall.

I don't see why so many people are trying to damage control this. We just have to wait until the next movie to see if Hulk is even worthy to be called Hulk. If he isn't then it won't be anything new, MCU Hulk has been a huge disappointment and not just because of IW.

#22 Posted by Thedailybagel (12910 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:

Hulk didn't afraid.

He had issues with Banner. I don't where this bullshit came from. Banner already said ''we've problems with the other guy''

Remember how Banner changed into Hulk in Ragnarok, Banner died, and then Hulk came. There is a problem between the two and they aren't listening to each other.

Saying that Hulk was a coward, it means Banner was braver which would be ridiculous. Banner wanted to fight, and Hulk didn't? That should be the opposite. You said yourself, Hulk didn't afraid of Surtur, even after Surtur threw him to the ground. Being afraid or not wasn't the issue. He didn't even see Thanos later, he wasn't even going to fight with Thanos. To say that he was afraid of Thanos is completely baseless.

There wasn't a proper situation that could kill Banner, so Hulk didn't come forward. Banner could suicide, but he didn't find the chance while he had the Hulkbuster suit.

The bolded part is also something that no one takes into account. Whilst I do think that Hulk not wanting to come out is due in large part to getting a huge hit to his ego, there are other reasons for it as well.

#23 Posted by JamesWayne (992 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a reason they didn't have hulk come out and smash crap. We just have to wait for it. Lots of avengers had cool moments, in terms of power, iron man, strange, and thor all got big boosts. But overall, nothing too crazy. They pulled Hulk out of the fight for the war to have a reason to continue in Wakanda, and they continuously show hulk refusing to come out because when he does....it's going to be monstrous. Tony, Thor, Strange all had their moments this movie, Hulk will get his next one. So will Marvel. I'm guessing a world war or world breaker beatdown moment.

People saying this movie did hulk fans wrong, or some ridiculously immature comment about how Hulk fans are sensitive compared to thor fans is just stupid. It's a freaking movie, we're all comic fans. And if we read comics, you know the "will hulk come out" buildup is going to explode into something massive. Cause that's comics 101. Just wait, it's a two parter story. The russo's aren't going to nerf Hulk, he's going to be the biggest hitter next movie, with maybe the exception of Captain Marvel.

Also, is it just me, or is it that canonically I know thor got a power up with the hammer/axe, but visually, he was more powerful and destructive in Ragnorak, correct? I know it's all creator interpretation, and the Russos clearly gave him a power up with the weapon, but the whole point of Ragnorak was he didn't need one to unleash, but here he was kind of useless without it. Also anyone find any inconsistency in Cap's logic? "We don't trade lives vision....." But we'll lure thousands of monsters here and sacrifice a bunch of soldiers to give Suri the time to remove the stone safely. Cause your a main character....I mean cause we don't trade lives!!!""

#24 Posted by hulk465 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: For that answer just read incredible Hulk issue 95. See what Planet Hulk did to Sliver Surfer. Planet Hulk is no where near the power levels of World War Hulk, which are infinitely more powerful.

#25 Posted by Bezza1969 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, there are no excuses, Hulk sucked big time in the movie and aside from the 2003 (pre MCU) film and 2012 avengers has generally sucked big time in the MCU.

Thor fans can rightly complain that their character was lowballed in the earlier Marvel films, but he has sure made up for it in Ragnarok and Infinity War where he was really very powerful.

Plus, you guys have had 3 MCU films, we've had one, which sucked!

BTW, I like Thor as well.....not sure why there is always this bitching between Hulk and Thor fans....

Also, why doesn't the Marvel CU Hulk get angry any more? When he was hit by Thor in Ragnarok and Thanos in Infity War, he seemed shocked and distressed......... basically what is going on with the MCU Hulk?

#26 Edited by Laiks Stake (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

If it was not for a Scarlett Johansson's spoiler, I would say for sure Hulk would do something ******* awesome in Avengers 4.

#27 Posted by Erkan12 (8476 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:

Hulk didn't afraid.

He had issues with Banner. I don't where this bullshit came from. Banner already said ''we've problems with the other guy''

The bolded part is also something that no one takes into account. Whilst I do think that Hulk not wanting to come out is due in large part to getting a huge hit to his ego, there are other reasons for it as well.

He also thinks that Earth hates Hulk. And he didn't want to return to Earth. He maybe doesn't want to save the Earth anymore, since they are ''Banner's friends''.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#29 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7874 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

I'm sure they're going to give Hulk a major role in the next movie.

This might be Hulk's worse showing, but for once Bruce showed himself to be quite brave for being a unathletic scientist going to war.

That isn't happening as long as universal has the copyright.

#30 Edited by Erkan12 (8476 posts) - - Show Bio

@plotweapon16255: That only stops them from using Hulk's name as a front on their movie. Such as Avengers: Hulk etc., they can't use Hulk's name in movie titles, but they can use Hulk as much as they want in a movie.

#31 Posted by DevilmayDare (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: https://mcuexchange.com/captain-marvel-hulk-avengers-4/

Captain Marvel stops Hulk with 1 hand, so he is continued to be used as a punching bag even in the next movie.

#32 Posted by Thedailybagel (12910 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilmaydare: there’s literally no context given and she’s touching his chest, that’s not a big deal at all.

#33 Posted by DevilmayDare (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Given how bad he was in this movie and how in general Hulk sucks and jobs to everyone since the first Avengers i am sure he is just gonna be used as another scale to show how awesome Captain Marvel is. I mean Scarlet literally says she stops him by putting her hand on his chest. I know you are waiting for more context but like i said given his portrayal so far don't hold your breath.

#34 Edited by Thedailybagel (12910 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilmaydare: idk it just seems like it’s a big deal for no reason... Hulk really isn’t that bad in the MCU, he’s *lost* two fights, one of them was Thanos and the other was the Hulkbuster which has tons of context - Hulk was objectively going to beat Tony, he lost because he calmed down and got sucker punched.

The only other time he was on the losing end was Thor, who he’d already come out on top of in Avengers and this was Thor’s own movie... in which hulk had already stopped him with one hand and would’ve killed him if he didn’t get an amp...

Compare that to thor, who’s lost to Kurse, ultron (who hulk smacked twice), Hela (twice), Hulk got the upper hand on him twice before his amp, he also lost to Thanos just before hulk did etc and that’s just off the top of my head.

The whole scene is just Carol touching a standing still Hulk’s chest, like, that isn’t a big deal, we don’t know what’s going on.

#35 Edited by DevilmayDare (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel said:

@devilmaydare: idk it just seems like it’s a big deal for no reason... Hulk really isn’t that bad in the MCU, he’s *lost* two fights, one of them was Thanos and the other was the Hulkbuster which has tons of context - Hulk was objectively going to beat Tony, he lost because he calmed down and got sucker punched.

The only other time he was on the losing end was Thor, who he’d already come out on top of in Avengers and this was Thor’s own movie... in which hulk had already stopped him with one hand and would’ve killed him if he didn’t get an amp...

Compare that to thor, who’s lost to Kurse, ultron (who hulk smacked twice), Hela (twice), Hulk got the upper hand on him twice before his amp, he also lost to Thanos just before hulk did etc and that’s just off the top of my head.

The whole scene is just Carol touching a standing still Hulk’s chest, like, that isn’t a big deal, we don’t know what’s going on.

I think you are going into damage control mode, i mean it's understandable but i think it clouds your thinking a little bit.

As many have pointed out in another thread, that was not a calm Hulk, he calmed down for a moment but was raging at the soldiers when he got sucker punched.

Yea but it was Thors own amp not an outside one and he still would have lost to an unarmed Thor there, not an amepd Thor with a weapon.

Yes but after those loses of Thor, Thor got his redeeming moments including amps, awesome feats and a new OP weapon, Hulk hasn't gotten a single redeeming moment since Avengers 1. Thor lost to Thanos off screen so we don't know the context which means his loss isn't as damaging to Thor as it was to Hulk who got absolutely humiliated by Thanos, not just a simple loss.

Not a standing still but what looks like a charging Hulk, again you know they are just gonna use Hulk to show off how impressive Carol is, i mean it's her first appearance and they don't give a crap about Hulk, he is just being used as a stepping stone to show of how impressive other characters are. I mean at this point it's blatantly obvious and even if Hulk has a redeeming moment in the next movie(which i doubt will be anything really good) unfortunately it wont be enough to undo all the crap he has been through, he is weaker than Thor by a lot and even weaker than Tony in his normal suit, he is gonna be weaker than Carol in the next movie and i wonder if we could even debate if Spiderman could take him at this point to be honest.

The damage done to his character irreversible. As sad as it sounds the only thing that can save him is if in 20+ years they do a reboot of the entire franchise like big studios do and just start off fresh and that's incredibly disheartening.

#36 Posted by The_Wotan (573 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehhh......he'll get a powerboost for sure, i think that's an obvious one though.

#37 Edited by Erkan12 (8476 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Vision and pre-Stormbreaker Thor was also pathetic, even more than Hulk.

But Vision doesn't have the same popularity, and Thor gets an upgrade during the movie. Hulk fans every right to complain.

#38 Posted by Bezza1969 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilmaydare:

You make some good points about the Ragnarok and Infinity War movies and yes, Hulk was very quickly KO'd by Thanos, but I think you've conveniently overlooked Thor's loss "off screen" as you put it, at the beginning of the movie. He was in real bad way and indeed he was about to be killed by Thanos until Loki had a change of heart and revealed he had the tesserac. This, the same Thor of course who had the power boost in Ragnarok...

I've been thinking about the film today and reading some stuff on it and Thor went onto have some great feats in Infinity War, surviving in space easily, being burned by an exploding star, getting stormbreaker and so on...so I am hoping, perhaps naively that Hulk's time will come in Part 4......

This thread was supposed to be about Hulk's poor showing in the movie, so I am not sure why it is being derailed by Thor fans keen to point out that Thor had a better showing in both Ragnarok and Infinity War. Yes, we know that....hence the title...."Infinity War, is this the worse showing of Hulk ever, on film".... not "Is this the worse showing of Thor on film..."

#39 Posted by Thedailybagel (12910 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilmaydare:

I think you are going into damage control mode, i mean it's understandable but i think it clouds your thinking a little bit.

No offense but I find that a little insulting to be honest, I'm not trying to damage control anything, I genuinely think that people are complaining for no reason. Of course I'm unhappy with Hulk in the MCU, but I think people are making it a much bigger deal than it is when Hulk is obviously superior to Iron Man and Spider-Man...

As many have pointed out in another thread, that was not a calm Hulk, he calmed down for a moment but was raging at the soldiers when he got sucker punched.

I think those people are complete morons along with most of the newer crowd that spam MCU threads. Hulk was looking around at the devastation caused and the mind control that blood-lusted him was no longer in effect. Yes, he started to get angry again when he saw the soldiers, but anyone who thinks that Hulk went from 0 to 100 in literally 1 second (I just timed it, Hulk had one second or less time to get angry) after being sad and losing Wanda's influence is an idiot.

Hulk took literally everything Tony had, dozens of punches, thrown through buildings, the dude got slammed through a skyscraper, said skyscraper collapsed on top of him and the most damage caused was losing a tooth, which just made Hulk look more badass. He was pretty much unharmed from all of that, yet people seriously believe Tony can then KO him with one punch without anger and/or the sucker punch being a massive factor? Lmao

Yea but it was Thors own amp not an outside one and he still would have lost to an unarmed Thor there, not an amepd Thor with a weapon.

This is literally irrelevant. It doesn't matter how Thor got the amp, that's not the point at all. The point was that he smacked MCU Thor on two occasions and overpowered his raw strength with one hand, Thor had to get an amp that made him stronger than ever to compete. And even then he didn't beat Hulk.

Yes but after those loses of Thor, Thor got his redeeming moments including amps, awesome feats and a new OP weapon,

It was Thor's movie. Of course he's going to get cool moments. Infinity War wasn't about Hulk at all, Thor was a central character, Hulk is obviously going to have a much larger role in the second film. Marvel aren't stupid, they know how popular Hulk is and he's in the end game for a reason.

Thor lost to Thanos off screen so we don't know the context which means his loss isn't as damaging to Thor as it was to Hulk who got absolutely humiliated by Thanos, not just a simple loss.

1. Thanos was completely unharmed - Ergo Thor didn't cause any damage, whereas Thor could hardly stand
  2. The Black Order were a good distance away from Thor, whereas Thanos was standing directly over him -The implication is that Thanos just beat him on his own, especially since none of Thanos's other troops were present so the Black order probably dealt with the other Asgardians whilst Thor took on Thanos
  3. The Black Order didn't like to interfere when Thanos was fighting, only Cull stepped forward to help out with Hulk but Ebony stopped him
  4. The fight was quick enough that Hulk hadn't arrived yet, who just charges into battle as soon as he can (I.E. Surtur)

The only difference is that we saw Hulk lose.

Not a standing still but what looks like a charging Hulk, again you know they are just gonna use Hulk to show off how impressive Carol is, i mean it's her first appearance and they don't give a crap about Hulk, he is just being used as a stepping stone to show of how impressive other characters are. I mean at this point it's blatantly obvious and even if Hulk has a redeeming moment in the next movie(which i doubt will be anything really good) unfortunately it wont be enough to undo all the crap he has been through, he is weaker than Thor by a lot and even weaker than Tony in his normal suit, he is gonna be weaker than Carol in the next movie and i wonder if we could even debate if Spiderman could take him at this point to be honest.

The damage done to his character irreversible. As sad as it sounds the only thing that can save him is if in 20+ years they do a reboot of the entire franchise like big studios do and just start off fresh and that's incredibly disheartening.

I completely disagree with most of this but I guess we can just agree to disagree.

#40 Posted by slimj87d (15680 posts) - - Show Bio

@plotweapon16255: what do you mean? Hulk and Bruce are going to be in the next Avengers movie...

#41 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilmaydare:

No offense but I find that a little insulting to be honest, I'm not trying to damage control anything, I genuinely think that people are complaining for no reason. Of course I'm unhappy with Hulk in the MCU, but I think people are making it a much bigger deal than it is when Hulk is obviously superior to Iron Man and Spider-Man...

I think those people are complete morons along with most of the newer crowd that spam MCU threads. Hulk was looking around at the devastation caused and the mind control that blood-lusted him was no longer in effect. Yes, he started to get angry again when he saw the soldiers, but anyone who thinks that Hulk went from 0 to 100 in literally 1 second (I just timed it, Hulk had one second or less time to get angry) after being sad and losing Wanda's influence is an idiot.

Hulk took literally everything Tony had, dozens of punches, thrown through buildings, the dude got slammed through a skyscraper, said skyscraper collapsed on top of him and the most damage caused was losing a tooth, which just made Hulk look more badass. He was pretty much unharmed from all of that, yet people seriously believe Tony can then KO him with one punch without anger and/or the sucker punch being a massive factor? Lmao

This is literally irrelevant. It doesn't matter how Thor got the amp, that's not the point at all. The point was that he smacked MCU Thor on two occasions and overpowered his raw strength with one hand, Thor had to get an amp that made him stronger than ever to compete. And even then he didn't beat Hulk.

Yes but after those loses of Thor, Thor got his redeeming moments including amps, awesome feats and a new OP weapon,

It was Thor's movie. Of course he's going to get cool moments. Infinity War wasn't about Hulk at all, Thor was a central character, Hulk is obviously going to have a much larger role in the second film. Marvel aren't stupid, they know how popular Hulk is and he's in the end game for a reason.

Thor lost to Thanos off screen so we don't know the context which means his loss isn't as damaging to Thor as it was to Hulk who got absolutely humiliated by Thanos, not just a simple loss.

1. Thanos was completely unharmed - Ergo Thor didn't cause any damage, whereas Thor could hardly stand
  2. The Black Order were a good distance away from Thor, whereas Thanos was standing directly over him -The implication is that Thanos just beat him on his own, especially since none of Thanos's other troops were present so the Black order probably dealt with the other Asgardians whilst Thor took on Thanos
  3. The Black Order didn't like to interfere when Thanos was fighting, only Cull stepped forward to help out with Hulk but Ebony stopped him
  4. The fight was quick enough that Hulk hadn't arrived yet, who just charges into battle as soon as he can (I.E. Surtur)

The only difference is that we saw Hulk lose.

I completely disagree with most of this but I guess we can just agree to disagree.

Damn good post, dude! Sick of these idiots thinking Hulk is below Spider-Man & Iron Man which is ridiculous as hell. Hulk still did better 1-on-1 physically against Thanos than any of the other heroes in the entire damn film. None of the others took as many powerful blows nor slugged it out with the Mad Titan. They were using speed, agility, projectiles, and dodging the whole damn time or kept their distance.

Like Tony stated, "We don't wanna dance with this guy". As for Thor, well he only got a shot in because he had the benefit of having an all-powerful weapon that was designed to be the most powerful weapon in all of Asgard, as he stated that without it it'd be suicidal for him to take on Thanos as he and the rest of the Asgardians were easily laid to waste at the beginning of the film.

As for those saying Thanos was more powerful every time he retrieved/added an Infinity Stone, they should know that he really only used the power of the stones when he deemed necessary. He certainly didn't use them when he was up close and personal with any of the heroes, only when they distanced themselves and tried ranged attacks that were likewise futile or to casually brush them aside like insects like when he made his entrance in Wakanda.

#42 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenscar1990: Thor would have beat hulk in that arena fight had it not been for the grandmaster.

#43 Posted by ScrewThanos (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@supergoku17: Um nope. No way you can say for sure. He caught Hulk off guard and had him dazed for a bit but he was clearly still capable of fighting, he had his set up and everything then proceeded to immediately pull off his finisher.

#44 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

@supergoku17: Um nope. No way you can say for sure. He caught Hulk off guard and had him dazed for a bit but he was clearly still capable of fighting, he had his set up and everything then proceeded to immediately pull off his finisher.

Yes when he was about to win grandmaster shocked his obidence disk and hulk takes advantage.

#45 Posted by ScrewThanos (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Also truly was. Hulk being scared was so frustrating, lazy and stupid writing. Explain how he's scared even when not in the precense of Thanos? Isn't afraid of a colossal planet busting fire demon... Refuses to fight a one handed great value Abomination and a couple of mooks.

#46 Posted by ScrewThanos (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@supergoku17: No. Grandmaster got worried yes but that doesn't mean anything when Hulk was still on his feet ready for the next attack from Thor

#47 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

@supergoku17: No. Grandmaster got worried yes but that doesn't mean anything when Hulk was still on his feet ready for the next attack from Thor

Doesnt change that was going to win.

#48 Edited by AssertingValor (8183 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk no Kung foo lol

#49 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@supergoku17:

Yeah. That's bullshit. Let me ask you this: If the Hulk did his mile high smash finisher on the powered up Thor, even without the Grandmaster interference, do you think he'd still be conscious after it hit?

I'm betting that's a major HELL NO.

At best, the fight was inconclusive and a stalemate.

#50 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

@supergoku17:

Yeah. That's bullshit. Let me ask you this: If the Hulk did his mile high smash finisher on the powered up Thor, even without the Grandmaster interference, do you think he'd still be conscious after it hit?

I'm betting that's a major HELL NO.

At best, the fight was inconclusive and a stalemate.

Yes though dazed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.