Incredible Hulk is a boring one dimensional character.

• 97 results
#51 Posted by ClassicKnight (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@comickidd77: Thats not what I meant. My statement meant he wasn't considered the face of Marvel back in that era.

#52 Posted by bonifidehustla (269 posts) - - Show Bio

@comickidd77: Thats not what I meant. My statement meant he wasn't considered the face of Marvel back in that era.

So why did he have a TV in the 70s? It lasted about 5 years. I don't recall the other big characters getting a tv to last that long. I'm not including DC either.

#53 Posted by ClassicKnight (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonifidehustla: How does a character get a TV?? Did you mean a TV show? Also, Hulk was NOT the first Marvel character and didn't get as popular compared to other Marvel characters.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#54 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight: Hulk together with Spiderman was the most popular/influential character not just of Marvel, but they together where in the top 25 most influential figures among university students during the cold war, this list included both real and fictional characters as well as dead and alive ones.

#55 Posted by ClassicKnight (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: That may be the case, but he wasn't the face of Marvel back then. Kids preferred Cap and Spidey over Bruce. Its a fact.

#56 Posted by Wildmike (83 posts) - - Show Bio

OF course Hulk is a boring character! His fanboys make that obvious.

#57 Posted by Gilneas (612 posts) - - Show Bio

How to spot a buttmad alt account ^^^^

#58 Posted by Wildmike (83 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

You can think that he’s boring(He’s not), but objectively he’s not a one dimensional character, in fact he’s one of the least one dimensional characters in comics

#60 Posted by Wildmike (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: All he wants to do is smash. Sounds one dimensional too me.

#61 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildmike said:

@kevd4wg: All he wants to do is smash. Sounds one dimensional too me.

Either you are a troll/alt or completely ignorant of the Hulk's character. Maybe come back after picking up a few comics.

#62 Posted by Wildmike (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Oh im sorry, I thought Hulk's catchphrase was, "HULK SMASH!" But I guess I'm wrong(sarcasm).

Seriously the character is boring and one dimensional.

#63 Posted by Wildmike (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: honestly the concept of his character was interesting at first, but then writers decided to abuse it and the fanboys became convinced he would beat anyone.

#64 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildmike said:

@kevd4wg: Oh im sorry, I thought Hulk's catchphrase was, "HULK SMASH!" But I guess I'm wrong(sarcasm).

Seriously the character is boring and one dimensional.

If you truly think that's what Hulk is about then you clearly haven't read his comics. I'd recommend Peter David's run if you actually want to realize that Hulk is a multifaceted character, however I do figure you're probably a troll so if you want to learn something you can read his run, otherwise continue on in your ignorance, but please don't tag me, I won't reply.

#65 Posted by Wildmike (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Out of 10 how would you rate Peter David's run?

#66 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildmike said:

@kevd4wg: Out of 10 how would you rate Peter David's run?

There's multiple parts to it, differing in quality, but it's solid. I recommend it and Pak's run. The new Immortal Hulk is shaping up to be good as well

#67 Posted by Wildmike (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Alright I guess I'll check it out.

#69 Posted by Wildmike (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: i read some of it and it's pretty good. But I still hate Hulk. His fanboys have completely ruined the character for me. Plus he seems to be used as a plot device. You have to at least agree that the major Hulk fanboys are god awful, right?

#70 Edited by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildmike: I don’t like to judge a fan base as a collective whole because just like every other fan base some are bad, but most are good

#71 Posted by Wildmike (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Not the fanboys who think Hulk can defeat anyone and everyone. I'm seriously, that fanbase is one of the worst.

#72 Posted by GucciBrick (582 posts) - - Show Bio

actually the dynamic between banner and hulk is specifically what doesn't make hulk a boring/one dimensional character and is actually one of the things setting him apart from the typical one dimensional characters. even if you dont like hulk it doesnt make sense to claim he is one dimensional. and boring is a totally subjective word, anything can be boring/interesting to different people

#73 Posted by Battle123axe (9157 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildmike said:

@kevd4wg: i read some of it and it's pretty good. But I still hate Hulk. His fanboys have completely ruined the character for me. Plus he seems to be used as a plot device. You have to at least agree that the major Hulk fanboys are god awful, right?

why would you let a fanbase influence your view on a character? just ignore them and form your own opinions on the character

#74 Posted by Wildmike (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: I shouldn't let them influence me, but i do anyways. I can't help it.

#75 Posted by Battle123axe (9157 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

Right...

So, let me get this straight, you and other insecure Thor fans prowl the Hulk forums and threads just because we support our character and don't give in to your own biased opinions?

Okay. That makes sense.

Time for some people to get a life. It's comics. Any powerful character can beat any other powerful character. Don't like it? Don't read comics.

Oh, and anyone who claims Banner/Hulk are boring and one dimensional can jump off a cliff and into an ocean infested with bloodthirsty sharks.

#77 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

yea but i don't hate him

#78 Posted by IchiNiSanji (500 posts) - - Show Bio

wrong

hulk has like 10 different personalities

#79 Posted by MrNihal (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is awesome.

#80 Posted by MrNihal (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

actually the dynamic between banner and hulk is specifically what doesn't make hulk a boring/one dimensional character and is actually one of the things setting him apart from the typical one dimensional characters. even if you dont like hulk it doesnt make sense to claim he is one dimensional. and boring is a totally subjective word, anything can be boring/interesting to different people

Perfectly put.

#81 Posted by Supermanthor (21196 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah that boring one dimensional character has the best book right now in entire marvel take that op

#82 Posted by MrNihal (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah that boring one dimensional character has the best book right now in entire marvel take that op

I thought venom was the best one right now.

#83 Posted by Supermanthor (21196 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: it is great no doubt but whenever I go into comic websites I see lot Im hulk fans more than venom one

#84 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal said:
@supermanthor said:

I thought venom was the best one right now.

Venom book has started to waver recently, while Immortal Hulk issues have remaiend excellent, most review sites agree to this.

#85 Posted by MrNihal (3292 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Edited by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: He will be joining Avengers No Road Home, in February.

The comic itself will debut on 13th of February and it will be a weekly release, Hulk will probably appear in the first or second issue of it and remain with the team for the rest of the series.

#87 Posted by MrNihal (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid: Avengers:No road home is a sequel to No Surrender;which doesn't really have main avengers in the story.Will No road home have main avengers?

#88 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: It's a semi-squeal because it doesn't follow directly the events of No Surrender, it's a different story entirely. No this will be a different group of Avengers, not the ones that Aaron is currently writing and i am happy with this, because if Aaron got his hands on Immortal Hulk he would most certainly ruin him seeing how bad and inconsistent his writing currently is.

#89 Posted by Supermanthor (21196 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid: my heart says this avengers book will be way better

#90 Posted by MrNihal (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid: my heart says this avengers book will be way better

Which one are you talking about "no road home" or aaron's avengers?

#91 Posted by Supermanthor (21196 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Posted by MrNihal (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: no road home

Good.Aaron's avengers is a joke.

"The next avenger you face is me" ---Cap. to Namor.

#93 Edited by Supermanthor (21196 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Posted by MrNihal (3292 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Posted by Supermanthor (21196 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17007 posts) - - Show Bio

The modern version of Jekyll and Hyde... No, it by no means is boring. Sometimes it might be boring to have him plow through everyone and anyone, but still the internal conflict of Banner and the monster and the two trying to live with each other is always fascinating if done properly.

#97 Posted by MrNihal (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

The modern version of Jekyll and Hyde... No, it by no means is boring. Sometimes it might be boring to have him plow through everyone and anyone, but still the internal conflict of Banner and the monster and the two trying to live with each other is always fascinating if done properly.

Hulk is never boring o me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.