Hulk wearing an Adamantium Shirt/armor

#1 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi,

This is theoretical. Let's say Bruce Banner creates an adamantium shirt/armor piece for himself that he puts on while he is Banner. Then let's say he transforms into Hulk while wearing that adamantium shirt.

What happens? Does he break through it? Or do his legs get massive while his upper body stays in a weird looking, mushed up, squishy state that can't break past the adamantium?

Assume the adamantium is true adamantium.

One more thing.

Someone stated that Ironman could "make himself an adamantium suit and just beat everyone with it, but chooses not to because of plot reasons".

Please post your responses to the above statement. Could Ironman just 'beat everyone' including Hulk, if he made himself an adamantium coated suit?

#2 Edited by kgb725 (19725 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony created a Adamantium suit already

#3 Posted by Schwarz (584 posts) - - Show Bio

The Adamantium armor would need to have joints to move thus having multiple weak points.

#4 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@schwarz: I'm thinking of a chestplate though.. a solid chestplate piece. Like imagine a tank top type of shirt except it's made out of adamantium. so his arms/shoulders sort of hang out of it when he puts it on as banner.

@kgb725 Which suit are you referring to? As far as I remember Tony's adamantium suits have always used secondary adamantium because true adamantium isn't flexible enough to use in his suits

#5 Posted by Schwarz (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest: Oh I was answering your second question on a ironman suit made of adamantium. As far as Hulk growing in adamantium, I think his muscle fibers would just be denser. He wouldn't break it but then again who knows. I think he would just be a lot more dense inside the armor.

#6 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@schwarz: But imagine Banner in human form wearing the adamantium tank top. So the tank top would be a tight fit on Banner, which would mean it would be way too tight for Hulk. The Hulk gets so much wider and bigger than Banner, I just can't picture in my head what would happen if he turned into Hulk with the adamantium armor on.

#7 Posted by kgb725 (19725 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Yes with those as well they never clarified what type of Adamantium it was.. but what would your response be to the op?

#9 Posted by Schwarz (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Hulk's body adapts to its environement so I do believe his muscles mass would be smaller yet more dense. I'm not sure if you are familiar with muscle fibers. Some people have more muscle fiber per square inch than others. Strength is not only in having huge muscles but like I said the density of the muscle fiber. That or he would be really deformed but still live.

#10 Posted by Bezza (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man in an adamantium suit would be a bit like Ultron...Hulk pulled off the arm of an Ultron, so could still beat Iron Man.

Re Hulk in an adamantium suit, I'd rather not think about this, sounds gross!

#11 Posted by EdBlank (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

They liquefy Adamantium and Vibranium to form it into things. No matter the advertising for adamantium enough energy obviously makes it change form. Simce Hulk can break the freaking world, I would say he has enough energy in there to deform the adamantium.

#12 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@schwarz: Oh ok I see that makes sense.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
#13 Edited by UnderdogSupporter (468 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure what would happen but it doesn't feel safe for him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.