Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk Strength level (Avengers Movie)

• 80 results
    Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Asagod

I was wondering how strong he was in the movie. I mean, how many tons could he lift with his base strength?

How heavy was that Chitauri Leviathan that he trampled?

I know his strength gets bigger with his anger, but how much strength has he showed?

Hoenhime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hoenhime

I think 60 to 70 tons

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By colonyofcells

I don't believe avengers movie Hulk is strong bec. he did not even break open his pants in the behind area.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

We haven't really seen enough to say for certain.

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Asagod

bump

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Stronger then a June bug

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spinningbirdcake

@colonyofcells said:

I don't believe avengers movie Hulk is strong bec. he did not even break open his pants in the behind area.

Aristotle would be proud of your skills in logic.

He took mjolnir in the face and then preceded to beat the crap out of its wielder.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fifthchild

@Asagod said:

I was wondering how strong he was in the movie. I mean, how many tons could he lift with his base strength?

How heavy was that Chitauri Leviathan that he trampled?

I know his strength gets bigger with his anger, but how much strength has he showed?

Its impossible to say in terms of tonnage etc. I'm not even 100% sure that movie Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier though I'd wager that was something Whedon had in mind given the way he came back from that Mjolnir strike and how some of the cast have talked about the Hulk.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JonSmith

@spinningbirdcake said:

He took mjolnir in the face and then preceded to beat the crap out of its wielder.

That's... kinda iffy. Thor wasn't actively fighting back after the uppercut, just trying to restrain Hulk. Thor may not be a genius, but he's no fool. He knew that a full out fight between him and Hulk would, in the words of Maria Hill, "TEAR THIS SHIP APART!" etc. Hence why Thor tried to reason, when that failed, stun with the uppercut, when that failed, just choke him out. Etc.

argusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By argusx

Around class 25 at base with the potential to grow stronger, the movie versions really aern't that strong when you work through their feats.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fifthchild

@JonSmith said:

@spinningbirdcake said:

That's... kinda iffy. Thor wasn't actively fighting back after the uppercut, just trying to restrain Hulk. Thor may not be a genius, but he's no fool. He knew that a full out fight between him and Hulk would, in the words of Maria Hill, "TEAR THIS SHIP APART!" etc. Hence why Thor tried to reason, when that failed, stun with the uppercut, when that failed, just choke him out. Etc.

I think Thor was pretty much in it to win it after that first punch drew blood. The fact that Thor tried to choke him out isn't indicative so much of Thor going easy on Hulk IMO as it indicating that Thors a skilled, smart fighter trying to put Hulk down whichever way would work (barring the fact that Thor didn't use lightning in the helicarrier). The "restrain Hulk" case would be on stronger ground if he hadn't smacked Hulk as hard as he could in the face with Mjolnir seconds earlier.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dayvid3

Isn't he generally at a lower level any time he's team based, in control, etc?

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cmartin

@Fifthchild said:

@JonSmith said:

@spinningbirdcake said:

I think Thor was pretty much in it to win it after that first punch drew blood. The fact that Thor tried to choke him out isn't indicative so much of Thor going easy on Hulk IMO as it indicating that Thors a skilled, smart fighter trying to put Hulk down whichever way would work (barring the fact that Thor didn't use lightning in the helicarrier). The "restrain Hulk" case would be on stronger ground if he hadn't smacked Hulk as hard as he could in the face with Mjolnir seconds earlier.

uh he said repeatedely he wasnt trying to figt hulk and was trying to restrain him.... he definitely wasnt trying to kill hulk in the avengers move....

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Charlie_Jade

from spacebattles, killermovies and comicbookresources

.Avengers couldn't kill all the Chitauri either. There were times when Iron Man and Cpt. America were overwhelmed

.Chitauri were overwhelming nypd and marines and their flying serpents cut through buildings

serpents are not strong, everyone can wreck buildings

You've been watching too many movies. Do you have any idea how much weight the i-beams in those things are rated to hold? Let's put it this way, an M1A1 Abrams tank is about 67 short tons in weight. The plane that was deliberately (and sadly) flown into the WTC in 9/11 was a 767-200 with almost 90 short tons of dry weight, not counting the combined weight of cargo and passengers. The plane that was deliberately propelled into the building at a high rate of speed didn't crash right through the building, and the building only fell due to the melting girders.
    You forgot the 30 tons of fuel. Highly flamalble fuel at that.

Yep. That too.

Which makes it an easy estimate for the Chitauri leviathan *at least* 200+++ tons of very dense material, the way it treated buildings like it wasn't even there. And TA Hulk one-punched it to a total stop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 202122

@TheAcidSkull said:

he one-shotted a giant snake monster and was thors physical superior in the movie, thats all i can say.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fifthchild

@cmartin said:

@Fifthchild said:

@JonSmith said:

@spinningbirdcake said:

uh he said repeatedely he wasnt trying to figt hulk and was trying to restrain him.... he definitely wasnt trying to kill hulk in the avengers move....

I dont know what movie you watched but Thor didn't say say repeatedly "he wasnt trying to fight hulk" and that he was only "trying to restrain him". He said "We are not your enemies Banner - try to think!" and then that first punch from the Hulk landed, drew blood and then, from all appearances, it was on. Theres not much evidence he was holding back in that giant hammer uppercut to Hulk's face when Thor put his whole body into it - spinning round and leaping off the ground.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By soduh2

@Fifthchild said:

@cmartin said:

@Fifthchild said:

@JonSmith said:

@spinningbirdcake said:

I dont know what movie you watched but Thor didn't say say repeatedly "he wasnt trying to fight hulk" and that he was only "trying to restrain him". He said "We are not your enemies Banner - try to think!" and then that first punch from the Hulk landed, drew blood and then, from all appearances, it was on. Theres not much evidence he was holding back in that giant hammer uppercut to Hulk's face when Thor put his whole body into it - spinning round and leaping off the ground.

The one hammer strike was retaliation for Hulk's one punch that drew blood. Getting hit with his hammer once is holding back when you compare Thor from the frost giant battle.

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By boostergold321

Hulk Strength level in the Avengers Movie?

STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!

mhanuroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mhanuroth

i think that the Chitauri Leviathan wights more than 100 ton because this is a 100 tons or like this one

in real life 100 ton is nothing

Hulk_inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hulk_inside

If only it was comic hulk and comic thor. World War hulk probably could of soloed it with out breaking a sweat and so could normal comic book thor at his current state. The rest are just pointless, those two alone could probably beat MOVIE thanos (considering that it is movie thanos so he will be way weaker than normal thanos, and comic book wwh and thor are way stronger than their movie counterparts). I feel like atm movie hulk is more like a buff shrek than anything else. They need to buff up all of the characters.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By PowerHerc

It's too bad the movie versions of characters come off so much weaker than the actual comic versions.

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc:

they can only do so much with special effects

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@pcn24454 said:

@powerherc:

they can only do so much with special effects

True, so true.

I guess that's part of the reason why I still prefer comics to movies; a good artist can depict absolutely any feat imaginable with just a pen and paper. No special effects budget and/or limitations to worry about.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JonSmith said:

@spinningbirdcake said:

do you ever stop...

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RaynorJ

@cmartin:

Do YOU?

@soduh2

Not really. He put all his might in that hammer strike and it had no effect on Hulk except made him angrier so he opted for the next best thing besides just electrocuting the entire ship. The fact that his hammer strike didn't work once does not mean he should try it 10 more times, it would probably have less of an effect each time.

In that fight it was obvious that Thor was the more skilled fighter dodging and hitting Hulk more times, but Hulk was the stronger one as his punch drew blood and once Hulk got a hold of him he was throwing him around like a rag doll.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: if he was trying to kill banner.....

i dunno if he would be yelling dr banner calm down calm down....... what do you think?

so because he drew blood that makes him stronger...you hulk fan boys are something else...

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin:

Only at the very beginning before they even fought he said "dr Banner try to think" after that he got blown away and bleeding and he was serious, so please, please Thor fanboy and Hulk hater please please show me where he was yelling at dr banner to calm down you retarded extremist fanboys no matter what fandom you support it doesn't matter since even Thor fans rejected you. No because he showed he was stronger makes him stronger. One punch from him sent him flying, while even a hammer strike from Thor using his whole body weight made him stagger backwards a bit, that's what makes him stronger.

Just to appease your little sad world if they seriously fought both of them i believe Thor would win if he used his full might, but in the fight that they had he obviously did not win, he was more skilled but at the end as soon as Hulk got him in his grasp he was getting thrown around like a rag doll and no amount of fanboyism of yours can deny this.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@cmartin:

Only at the very beginning before they even fought he said "dr Banner try to think" after that he got blown away and bleeding and he was serious, so please, please Thor fanboy and Hulk hater please please show me where he was yelling at dr banner to calm down you retarded extremist fanboys no matter what fandom you support it doesn't matter since even Thor fans rejected you. No because he showed he was stronger makes him stronger. One punch from him sent him flying, while even a hammer strike from Thor using his whole body weight made him stagger backwards a bit, that's what makes him stronger.

Just to appease your little sad world if they seriously fought both of them i believe Thor would win if he used his full might, but in the fight that they had he obviously did not win, he was more skilled but at the end as soon as Hulk got him in his grasp he was getting thrown around like a rag doll and no amount of fanboyism of yours can deny this.

he wasnt trying to kill or hurt banner really.... but hulk was trying to hurt thor, he was trying to restrain banner..

big difference... the hammer blow dazed and hurt....

im not a fan boy in the slightest....

bodyweight what the hell are you talking about.... boy

at the end of the day hulk was trying to kill and hurt thor.... thor was not at all trying to damage hulk....

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one and only thing i had a problem with in the Avenger's movie was that the last Hulk movie was supposed to be in continuity to the Avenger's movie, even though they got a new actor. So the size scale factor should remain the same. But in the Incredibly Hulk, the Hulk got to be around 3 times as tall as a normal person. but in the Avengers, when he lost control on the air ship, he was only a few inches taller than black widow. what was up with that?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one and only thing i had a problem with in the Avenger's movie was that the last Hulk movie was supposed to be in continuity to the Avenger's movie, even though they got a new actor. So the size scale factor should remain the same. But in the Incredibly Hulk, the Hulk got to be around 3 times as tall as a normal person. but in the Avengers, when he lost control on the air ship, he was only a few inches taller than black widow. what was up with that?

Same mass, different distribution: Notice how the Incredible Hulk is a lot more lean along with the additional height, while Avengers Hulk is a lot wider, and shorter, not to mention he stands a lot more hunched, whereas Incredible Hulk stands up straight (see when Blonsky challenges him prior to Sparta Kick).

Least, that's my in-story explanation.

The actual explanation is that Hulk has to be small enough to be in the same shot with the other Avengers. If he was three times their height, that circle pan in the trailers of all of them together would be kind of awkward.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RaynorJ

@cmartin:

He can't restrain him without hurting him, it's obvious Thor tried to KO him one way or another. The hammer blow had no real effect, unlike the punch from Hulk which made Thor bleed.

I am talking about Thor lifting himself off the ground using his entire body, you understand this concept... kid?

And at the end of the day it was Hulk who was beating the crap out of him until a jet saved him.

You are right you are not a fanboy you transcend even those.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: If I was Thor, Fack the stylish moves, what is stooping him simply going crazy asshole mode and just smashing the shit outa hulk 100 times with the hammer instead of doing the overly extravagant moves lol xD

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin said:

@Fifthchild said:

@JonSmith said:

@spinningbirdcake said:

Listen...I'm not going to try and say that movie Thor is stronger than the Hulk or vice versa.

However, I will say that...you clearly did not watch the movie Thor if you thought he was going all out against the Hulk in Avengers.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pyrogram

@theacidskull: Hammer is stronger than fists >_> Real world and comic world >_>

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pyrogram
    RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

@argusx said:

Around class 25 at base with the potential to grow stronger, the movie versions really aern't that strong when you work through their feats.

This, I mean in the 'original' Eric Bana one, Hulk looked like he was struggling lifting a tank.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think that the Chitauri Leviathan wights more than 100 ton because this is a 100 tons or like this one

in real life 100 ton is nothing

Damn. Great visual. The Leviathan would have easily been 2,500 tons, and that's conservative. The thing was a long as a football field.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@theacidskull: Fact xD

@pyrogram said:

DO NOT DEFY MY FLAWLESS LOGIC!

As funny as this skirmish is, I would like to point out that I do think that Avengers Hulk is stronger than Avengers Thor, even if it isn't by much. Thor was holding back on Hulk in the Hellicarrier but he needed Two arms to stop one of the Hulk's. Even if he isn't going all out, I'd say that is enough to say that Hulk is stronger. Also, if Thor is stronger than Hulk, then honestly Hulk would be a liability and kinda pointless. Thor is smarter than Hulk (Not Banner) and has much more versatility thanks to his hammer (The reason why he would win in an all out fight).

H2H- Hulk wins in an entertaining fight.

All out no holes barred- Thor traps Hulk in a tornado and hits him relentlessly with Lightning.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How strong? He seemed strong enough for a gamma-irradiated monster.

One of my nitpicks about the movie is that they didn't show off Thor strength enough. Of course Thor is not going to be as strong as the Hulk but they should have given him more screen time, showing him cut loose with his god-lightning. Thor needed more time to shine.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@pyrogram said:

@theacidskull said:

@pyrogram said:

DO NOT DEFY MY FLAWLESS LOGIC!

As funny as this skirmish is, I would like to point out that I do think that Avengers Hulk is stronger than Avengers Thor, even if it isn't by much. Thor was holding back on Hulk in the Hellicarrier but he needed Two arms to stop one of the Hulk's. Even if he isn't going all out, I'd say that is enough to say that Hulk is stronger. Also, if Thor is stronger than Hulk, then honestly Hulk would be a liability and kinda pointless. Thor is smarter than Hulk (Not Banner) and has much more versatility thanks to his hammer (The reason why he would win in an all out fight).

H2H- Hulk wins in an entertaining fight.

All out no holes barred- Thor traps Hulk in a tornado and hits him relentlessly with Lightning.

Don't forget that Hulk One-shotted a giant monster with one hand :P

Thor killed three with his lighting easily, and stabbed one with a simple hammer blow with a piece of metal. Hulk killed one Thor killed...Four ;P

Thor wins MVP of that fight fairly easily. No dispute :p

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.