Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk reading recommendations?

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hulk has always been one of my favorite characters ever since I was a kid due to the movies and games, but know I would like to dive into his comic history. So where would I start to read hulk?

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

@lxlgiftedlxl: I would go for Planet Hulk and World War Hulk because those stories are really epic and intense thanks to Greg Pak's writing. It makes it better when you read those back to back.

If you want to read any older Hulk stories: I recommend reading any Hulk stories written by Peter David because he really made Hulk popular again in the comics and he introduced some of Hulk's other personalities including Gray Hulk and Professor Hulk.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny1995: Thanks. I will definitely check out thoese runs on hulk.

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 0

I'd definitely read the Peter David visionaries before diving into Greg Pak's Planet Hulk and World War Hulk.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Even though most people will not recommend it, mainly because they don't know about it, Jeph Loeb's Hulk: Grey is a very good read, it lacks feats, but scrip-wise is a very touching, emotional and complex take on how Hulk as a character develops. In fact, i would recommend this read before anything else to understand the character much better and why he does the things he does before reading other issues.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I recommend anything written by Stan Lee, Len Wein, Roger Stern, Bill Mantlo, Peter David and Greg Pak. There's some stuff of Bruce Jones, Paul Jenkins and John Byrne that are also worth looking into.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter David had the best Hulk run, in my opinion.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

indestructible hulk comic is also good as well. read that.

easywolf32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By easywolf32

Nice thread, I had the same question. I will follow your guys advice and start with the Grey Hulk TPB from Loeb than will read Peter David's 8 TPB volumes. Than the whole Pak run.

I picked up issues 33-36 from an Incredible Hulk Volume 2 run today...I thought 33 really sucked. Hopefully return if the monster 34-36 is better. These are from 2001-2002. I can't even stand that paper and art and color anymore. I prefer the modern art and colors even though I used to read comics and Hulk in the early 80's.

But I'll be dead before I buy a stupid nerd 5 year old comic with a Cho Hulk and a title like the totally awesome fist pumping hulk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.