Hulk Q and A!

#1 Posted by KrleAvenger (26269 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to ask you guys some questions about the Hulk:

- What is your favorite Hulk incarnation (minus Savage Hulk)?

- What is your favorite Hulk Story before Planet Hulk came out?

- Do you think Hulk can become a Galaxy-buster if he becomes angry enough?

- What made you a Hulk fan:comics,movies or cartoons?

- Why do you like the Hulk and what do you like the most about him?

- Do you like hulk being an Avenger or you like him being alone?What do you prefer?

- What is your favorite ,,Hulk'' character beside Bruce Banner?

- Do you see Hulk as most powerful Hero from comics or just on of the most powerful?

- If you would make a list of smartest Marvel characters,what number would Bruce Banner be in your opinion?

- If you could have Hulk's powers,would you want them and why (or if you do not then why)?

- What is your favorite Hulk series of comics?

- If Marvel would make a Comic series which is the series where Hulk is teaming up with another superhero and they are always share appearances in that series, what super hero would you want to see in that series?

- What is your favorite Hulk vs .../Hulk fight?

- If there is another Hulk incarnation that would be a part of Banner's multiple personality who would that incarnation look like,what would be a name of it,what kind of personality would have and how powerful it would be?

- What kind of Hulk story would you like Marvel to write that is something we haven't seen before with the Hulk?

#2 Posted by KrleAvenger (26269 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

Avatar image for marvelcomicfan6
#3 Edited by MarvelComicFan6 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

- I liked world war hulk/green scar the most, mostly because he's a beast. I also like joe fix it because he's a funny dude, he's not one the level of the other hulks but that doesn't stop him from being a beast.

- Future imperfect, the maestro was a cool and menacing character that many hulk fans won't forget. As of current marvel countuinity he's getting plenty of hype.

- It's possible I mean hulk was multiversal at some point as he was the nexus of two universes. But under standard circumstances he would never and I mean never reach any where near those kinds of levels. He would literally have to be in an enraged state for hundreds possibly even thousands of years to reach that kind of level. But I'm pretty sure he could reach galaxy buster status by absorbing an absurd amount of gamma radiation.

- Mostly the cartoons and the 1970s tv series with Lou Ferrigno staring as the hulk. I was a huge hulk fan, if you would have seen my room when I was a child you would have seen hulk merchandise every where scattered throughout the room.

- I don't just like the hulk because he's a beast but I also love banners place as a character in general. Having to hide from the world in order to protect others from his inner rage seems like a pretty cool concept for a character to me. Personally to me Banners/hulks relationship between one another is one of the coolest in the marvel universe.

- Personally I like hulk best when he is going solo because that's when most of his better stories take place. This can be applied to many characters actually.

- I would have to say skar. As cool of a character that hulk is, his rogue gallery sucks! He seriously needs way better villains because the ones he does get are not very Interesting.

- Hulk is an extremely powerful character, but neither superman or hulk are even close to being the most powerful in their respective universes. Hulk is just one of the strongest physical beings in the marvel universe. Hulk has a special power set allowing him to beat characters above him, this is due to him being a raging monster with limitless strength, durability, stamina, healing factor, and ect.

- My list would be:

1. Dr doom

2. Reed Richards

3. Bruce Banner

4. Tony stark

- To be honest I would enjoy causing destruction to anything that angers me or stresses me out, it would make life more tolerable (lol). But I don't want to imagine how painful it is to change from a 5 ft 11 human to a 8-9 foot monster that weighs over half a ton, I'd imagine the transformation is extremely painful (lmao).

- My favorite hulk series would be heart of the monster. It was really awesome seeing how powerful hulk could become.

- I would have hulk team up with silver surfer because both of them are me favorite heros and they have a couple of interactions with each other from the past which I would like to see built upon.

- I for the most part enjoyed hulks fights with other powerhouses such as: juggernaut, thor, gladiator, and ect. Epic fights.

- Well... Hulk already has enough incarnations in my opinion, from a hulk that destroys planets to a hulk that is a galactus level threat. I honestly don't know what incarnation they can make that hasn't been done before.

- I want marvel to make that herald of galactus worldbreaker hulk storyline that we were teased with in a what if comic.

#4 Posted by KrleAvenger (26269 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelcomicfan6: Thanks for answering my questions. I made this for Iron-man and Spider-man (just saying if you want to check that out).

#5 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

- Do you like hulk being an Avenger or you like him being alone?What do you prefer?

- Do you see Hulk as most powerful Hero from comics or just on of the most powerful?

- If you would make a list of smartest Marvel characters,what number would Bruce Banner be in your opinion?

- If you could have Hulk's powers,would you want them and why (or if you do not then why)?

- If Marvel would make a Comic series which is the series where Hulk is teaming up with another superhero and they are always share appearances in that series, what super hero would you want to see in that series?

- If there is another Hulk incarnation that would be a part of Banner's multiple personality who would that incarnation look like,what would be a name of it,what kind of personality would have and how powerful it would be?

- What kind of Hulk story would you like Marvel to write that is something we haven't seen before with the Hulk?

1. I would have to say the Green Scar/Green King/WWH persona is my favorite. He's very powerful, cunning and just a pure badass. However, I'm also a fan of the Maestro, as he's more powerful than the Hulk and more intelligent than Bruce Banner.

2. There's quite a few that I enjoyed. Future Imperfect; The Troyjan War; Tempest Fugit; and Ground Zero are those that come to mind.

3. Yes, I believe it is more than possible. It has been theorized that the reason why Hulk's power has not limit is due to it coming from a multiversal/omniversal source. If we take this into consideration, even Heart of the Monster, we have yet to see the Hulk at his most powerful. I fully believe that, even in World-Breaker form, Hulk has barely scratched the surface of his true power potential.

4. I remember being introduced to the character at the age of around 3-4, and that was with the Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno television series. The 1990's cartoon series also left an impact on me. I began collecting and reading the comics when PAD returned to the character during his Tempest Fugit & House of M run, but I have to say that PLANET HULK is what made me a true collector & fans of comics.

5. I like the character for many reasons. He's powerful, complex and very unique. Not just the Hulk, but Banner as well. He's a character with whom many, including myself, can relate to on more than one level. That's why the character has endured for over 50 years.

6. I prefer Hulk being a loner, but in the most dire of situations he would aid the heroes in stopping a threat that's far too powerful for the Avengers to overcome. I mean, if we take in the Warbound and the PLANET HULK storyline as an example, Hulk can work well with a team and even be a leader. And while Hulk is best being a loner, that doesn't mean we can't have a supporting cast to interact with him in a series.

7. I have more than one: Caiera the Oldstrong; Skaar; Hiroim; Kate Waynesboro; Korg; Elloe. Do you wish to include villains or simply protagonists?

8. I see Hulk as one of the most powerful heroic beings in the Marvel Universe and the physically strongest being besides the higher end cosmic beings. Is he the most powerful being in the universe? No, but neither is Superman in his own universe. There's always vastly more powerful cosmic beings out there.

9. In order of those of Marvel Earth? Victor Von Doom; Reed Richards; Bruce Banner; T'Challa; Hank Pym. That's my personal top 5.

10. Good question. It may depend on how much control I would have over my Hulk form. If I was a mindless, raging engine of destruction that annihilated everything... than I'm leaning towards no. If I have control, much like Green Scar or Maestro, I would say yes. As to what I'd do? The better question is what wouldn't I do with all that power? I could do anything, have anything I want. Beautiful women, tons of money, and basically all that life has to offer. I could be a protector or a conqueror, but I would refuse to work for or be manipulated by any. I would be a king and a god.

11. Planet Hulk; Future Imperfect; World War Hulk; Troyjan War; Skaar: Son of Hulk; Ground Zero; Fall of the Hulks/World War Hulks; Heart of the Monster. Besides most of the works done by Peter David and Greg Pak, I also enjoy Roger Stern and Bill Mantlo's works. Some of Bruce Jones and Paul Jenkins stuff is fun as well.

12. I think Silver Surfer would be a solid choice. The Eternals are another excellent choice due to their cosmic nature... and the fact that Marvel is basically ignoring/not acknowledging their existence in favor of Inhumans and Mutants.

13. I like Hulk's battles with Skaar, Juggernaut, Thor, Wolverine, Lord Armageddon and teams of heroes

14. Hmm... I always wanted to see a fully unleashed Hulk, one who has full access to his multiversal/omniversal power-source and is capable of manifesting other abilities. A persona that Banner and Hulk's mind are in perfect sync. He would pretty much be glowing with power, like a high-end cosmic being. The only name that comes to mind is... Omni-Hulk. I guess that could work. I could think of a few other incarnations/personas that'd be interesting, but I'll just leave it at that.

15. I've got a list of over 50, highly detailed arches that I would love to see Marvel do with Hulk/Banner. I can't reveal them all (just in case by some miracle I manage to work for Marvel & write the character one day), but I can reveal a few. One involves the Hulk and Earth involved in a multiple galaxy spanning war between several alien empires who are siding with the Shi'ar against the Troyjan Empire; I have a really cool Kang the Conqueror arch that goes everywhere in time- the war of the Proemial Gods and the Marvel Universe/Multiverse; the death of the dinosaurs; ancient Asgard realms with Hulk fighting alongside Bor against endless legions of giants, demons and monsters (this was before Odin was born); and lastly a final showdown against Kang in his massive, futuristic Hulkbuster armor.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what I have.

#6 Posted by KrleAvenger (26269 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenscar1990: Thanks for answering. Just to ask you something also,what about other Hulk characters like red hulk (question 7) and about question 8 I asked do you see Hulk as most powerful HERO only,not being because there is no way he is the most powerful being but do you see him as most powerful hero or do you see characters (HEROES ONLY) like Sentry,Martian Manhunter, Superman,Dr Strange or others more powerful?

#7 Edited by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger:

I'm not particularly keen on Red Hulk. And I consider him, the Hulk, to be just as, if not more, powerful than those heroes you've listed.

#8 Posted by KrleAvenger (26269 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenscar1990: Well do you see him as THE MOST POWERFUL HERO,like number 1 or at least in top 3?

#9 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger:

#Strongestthereis

#StrongestOneofAll

#MostPowerfulHero

That answer your inquiry?

#10 Edited by KrleAvenger (26269 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenscar1990: Yes. This is only for me to see other opinions. Thanks for answering my questions.

#11 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by KrleAvenger (26269 posts) - - Show Bio

So anyone?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#13 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Green Scar.

2. Future Imperfect, Hulk: The End, The Crossroads.

3. Yes, he has the potential for infinite strength, but i don't think it's something he can achieve on his own as in i don't think he can get that angry himself, it would have to be some item or some magic hocus-pocus shenaningans to forcibly make him that angry.

4. Cartoon/movies, comics came later.

5. I like the dual nature of the character. I like the fact that he walks a thin line between doing good and bad things, the whole Dr. Jekly/Mr. Hyde aspect is very appealing to me. Also i love some smashing.

6. I like him more when he flies solo, but i do enjoy him with the rest of the Avengers.

7. She-Hulk.

8. He is one of the strongest hero in comics, but not the most powerful. He is not even the most powerful superhero on Earth, still he is ridiculously powerful for a brick.

9. I'd probably put Reed and maybe Pym/Doom above him, after that come others. So number 4 i guess, i also remember the comic placing him at number 4 as the smartest person on Earth.

10. I don't want superhero powers, with great power comes great responsibility and i don't want that responsibility.

11. Planet Hulk.

12. Thor, they have been such great rivals for more then 50 years, in fact one of the best rivalry in all of comics. Still i'd like to see the 2 of them team up for once and go on a adventure/mission to take a threat neither of them could alone.

13. vs Sentry, vs Red Hulk, vs Skaar.

14. I'd like to see the most deepest, darkest, most evil incarnation of the Hulk lurking inside the near infinite personalities he already has in him. A personality worse then even the Devil Hulk.

15. I'd always wanted to see that Hulk as herald of Galactus story we got in a What If, i see a lot of possibilities there with Hulk traveling the Galaxy looking for planets for Galactus to consume then struggling with whether or not to let Galactus feed on planets filled with alien races.

#14 Edited by GhostRavage (14945 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: Hmmm... A Thor & Hulk Team-Up. Sounds like an awesome idea. Maybe put them against some of their foes that managed to rag doll them but together proving to be superior. Also throwing some in-depth relationship between them besides punching each other on occasions, maybe revealing a thing or 2 about what they think about each other. Perhaps teaching things to each other.

I've never seen them in a series together like Cable & Deadpool or Power Man & Iron Fist or Captain America and The Falcon.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#15 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: I know right. It baffles my mind that in the 50+ years in which both characters have existed, no one ever came to an idea to write a team up of them, a mini series or a crossover. I find it funny that the movie actually does that first before the comics but hopefully the Ragnarok movie will inspire Marvel to do just the same. I wanna see a team-up from the 2 of them, them interacting with one another.

#16 Posted by KrleAvenger (26269 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel Hey man,sorry to disturb you but I just wanted to ask can you answer some of these questions sence you like the Hulk?

#17 Posted by Thedailybagel (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Scar is my favourite hulk incarnation period, he's what got me into comics and has the best (and worst) traits of most other hulk incarnations. I also like banner for what it's worth and maestro as well.

I honestly haven't read much pre 2000s hulk, but I enjoyed future imperfect and a run who's writers name escapes me (it lasted like 5 issues). Unlike a few other people I really disliked hulk: the end.

Not by himself, no. If by some plot device someone unlocks all of his rage at once or something I can see him being used as a bomb, but otherwise hulk has no business being in that playground under his own power.

I honestly can't remember, he's been my favourite character since I was like three, but if I had to guess it was probably cartoons.

Id need to right paragraphs to answer that, lol.

A bit of both. I don't like him being shoehorned in as an avenger just for the sake of it. I prefer it where he's not always a member but they come to him when they start calling in the big guns (like AvX for example). Personally I think the most powerful avengers should have their own sub-group.

She hulk, then hiro-kala.

I see him as one of the more powerful powerhouses in marvel, but nowhere near the most powerful character.

Overall, probably 4.

Hell no.

Specifically, planet hulk. But paks entire run was awesome.

Thor or hercules. Maybe silver surfer.

Hulk vs skaar, easily one of the best brick encounters ever.

Id like to see a hulk like green scar but completelu in tune with his abilties, with the abilty to use his gamma energy at will, go world breaker whenever and stuff.

I wanna see hulk do some cosmic shit. Marvel constantly keeps hulk earthbound or has short periods where he's away. How cool would it be to see Green Scar fight gladiator or travel around with the shi'ar? Punch ronan the accuser in the face, fight without restraints and gain cool new futuristic armour? He's always wanted to travel the universe, give him the chance. World breaker hulk vs ego, heck, have him be an annihilator for a bit. The possibilites are endless. I also have this constant scene in my head with a rematch against zeus. Zeus smacks him down, berates him and says that this time he'll kill hulk, and then asks him why a mortal would defy a god, only for hulk to say "stupid. I'm the world breaker", enter his world breaker state and start throwing down like a boss.

#18 Posted by KrleAvenger (26269 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.