Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk: Monster Mash-Up

The Black Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Black Wolf

Anyone hear about this? There are preveiws on Marvel.com. Spoilers: The first two villains seem to be The Wolf-man and Frankenstein.

The Black Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The Black Wolf

Bump..........

Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
    Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NICE!, alright so letss see, i dotn see hulk losing to wolfman, frankenstein could be a problem and i dont see him winning to dracula (if he's included) i hope^^

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Wolfman? Isn't it Werewolf by Night?

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.5117.Hulk~colon~_Monster_Mash-Up

Why do monsters never seem to be able to get along?

Take the Incredible Hulk and the Frankenstein Monster, for instance. Both hunted and persecuted for years on end, you'd think they'd be comrades-in-arms, close companions, even bosom buddies—right?

Well, MONSTER-SIZE HULK #1, due October 8 courtesy of writer Jeff Parker and artist Gabriel Hardman, tells a different tale. Seems there can be only one big kid on the monster block.

"The Frankenstein Monster of the Nuclear Age meets the original Frankenstein Monster," boasts Parker of his story. "Or maybe...The Two Greatest Icons with the Poorest Language Skills go head-to-head!"

Parker, who of late has wowed readers on such titles as AGENTS OF ATLAS, X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, and AGE OF THE SENTRY, assures all fans of fiendish fiction that the creature thrashing his way through the pages of MONSTER-SIZE HULK just so happens to be the same Monster who has haunted the Marvel Universe since 1973's MONSTER OF FRANKENSTEIN #1. Based on the famous 1818 novel by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelly, this Frankenstein

Monster's Marvel adventures have brought him into contact with characters as diverse as Count Dracula and Spider-Man—though never the Hulk.

Perhaps it's only fitting the Monster finally meets the creature directly inspired by him, though one might wonder how a stitched-together man powered by lightning can hold his own against a gamma-spawned behemoth.

"Normally, he would fare quite poorly," explains Parker of the seeming power-disparity. "But in our story, the Monster gets a mad power boost!

"I'm fascinated with the meta-fact that Hulk is clearly a fictional successor to the Monster. Bruce Banner and Victor Frankenstein were both scientists who thematically overreached humanity's grasp in their work and unleashed a violent force of nature upon the world. In Hulk's case, it also owes much to Jekyll and Hyde, as the man is also the monster. So we delve into that some."

With a smashing cover by Guiseppe Camuncoli and more inarticulate growling per panel than any other Marvel book released this year, MONSTER-SIZE HULK #1 proves the old adage: "It ain't easy being green!"

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fesak said:
    "Wolfman? Isn't it Werewolf by Night?"
    Oh come on don't be so picky xP
    The Black Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Black Wolf
    fesak said:
    "Wolfman? Isn't it Werewolf by Night?"
    It could be. But, I just thought the movie Wolf man cause we have frankenstein. I mean The Wolf Man, Dracula, And Frankenstein do have a lot of relation with each other.
    The Black Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Black Wolf
    Vlad Tepes Dracula said:
    "NICE!, alright so letss see, i dotn see hulk losing to wolfman, frankenstein could be a problem and i dont see him winning to dracula (if he's included) i hope^^"

According to the scans it look like the Wolf Man did beat him.
    Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate, their both exhausted, but thats an incredible feat!

The Black Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Black Wolf
    Vlad Tepes Dracula said:
    "Stalemate, their both exhausted, but thats an incredible feat!"

Well, that true, but Wolf Man did bite him and I'm thinking it was the werewolf curse that beat the HUlk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.