Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7768 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk a speedster?

• 74 results
    JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJ62

So, in the last few months. I've heard the argument multiple times that Hulk's reaction times are speedster level. Now the Hulk is fast, he didn't used to be. But I remember hearing that he could react faster than the speed of sound. Granted, back in the day he was super slow. But nowadays, he's fast in his own right from what I've seen. But he's nothing compared to most speedsters.

But, I've heard the logic presented that Hulk can react way faster than light. Because Gamma rays move far faster than light, Hulk's power is derived from the rays therefore he SHOULD be able to move faster than light as well. Therefore, Hulk is a speedster. However, that is just a speculation. You see, I've never once seen him move that fast. Or anywhere even close to it. Does he actually have this ability?? Does he have any feats like this?? Or is it just fanboy craziness??

I'm a huge Hulk fan, in fact he's my favorite comic character of all time. But I've heard the argument multiple times in the last month or so, that he's a speedster. And frankly, I've never seen him move anywhere close to that speed. Has he ever done it???

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

I don't know if Marvel has turned the Hulk into a speedster but if they have I think it's a mistake. The Hulk was originally known for his rage and his immeasurable strength. Then he gained a healing factor so fast it bordered on ridiculousness. Now he might be a speedster, too? Adding more and more powers to a truly great, iconic character doesn't necessarily enhance the character and in the case of the Hulk I think making him a speedster would make him less interesting. That said; I could see him having a low level of super-speed due to his gamma exposure and storage.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've Never seen him do that. I think its just the fanboys

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62:

Apparently when he runs, his speed is continually increasing but he can only keep this up for a short time because the force of his legs hitting the ground make them go through it.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 SC  Moderator

Stan Lee chose gamma rays for the Hulk because he likes/liked the word gamma. What you get is that years later fans look at the wikipedia page for gamma rays and try and use that to explain things in ways that sound more impressive and objective than they actually are. Terms like speedster don't really help either, without being described objectively with a criteria. For all intents and purposes though Hulk's speed is an afterthought to his other traits and ergo inconsistent and subjectively used much like most depictions of speed in comics. Some fast characters can run circles around him, other fast characters Hulk will punch and fight as fast with. Sometimes people forget strength can equal speed, as in a person moves fast when there muscles make them, other people like to try and remind them of this using reality as a basis of what should happen - then other people try to tell those people that they are using too much science and comics is different - hopefully someone else comes in and explains comics actually inherently realistic, and science can be applied, as long as everyone consciously realizes that its not the priority - entertainment and selling product is.

Hulk is good at catching and hitting fast things. Given how high he can jump, it wouldn't be weird for a writer to have him with explosive sprinting abilities provided he didn't accidentally punch a hole in the ground with his foot. It wouldn't be weird for a billion other things regarding other characters to have happen other things considered as well.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By Teerack

The Hulk has super speed reactions and movement, but I wouldn't considering him a speedster the same way I don't consider Thor a speedster when he can travel at light speeds. When I think of speedster I think of people being able to have fights so fast they look like a blur to everyone else like in dragon ball z. I mean idk but I feel like if the Hulk didn't have enhanced speed he'd be sorta a push over and a lot easier to deal with. Marvel hasn't really changed his speed they just changed the Hulk from a brute to a warrior so it makes sense that stuff taking place after Planet Hulk actually shows his real capabilities better.

SliverBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Proportionate to his size he can travel far in a certain amount of time.. his weight prevents him from using his full potential. Dude has powerful legs, but hes no speedster.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ARMIV2

Oh man, that'd be such freakin' overkill if he was a speedster now too.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I agree with you guys. From what I've seen, Hulk is incredibly fast for his size. But he's not light speed, like some would say.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By comicace3

If hulk became a speedster there could be many people he could beat

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

He really hasn't. They've used his leaping ability at times towards an opponent rather than for transportation to simulate a blitz before, but that is about it and it's happened only a handful of times to my knowledge. Hulk is fast for his size, there isn't really getting around. He's actually pretty fast when it comes to Marvel brick standards. Keyword standard, ala Thing, Ares, Rulk, Colossus etc, considering he's caught tank shells, jets etc. Aside from that, he is no speedster. He slapped Quicksilver, ok. Big whoop. Back then, everyone and their grandmother was able to tag Quicksilver. Hell, when he was running in circles around Spider-Man, Parker stuck his arm out and clotheslined him. If Hulk was a true speedster he would have the issue tagging street level characters like Cap, Wolverine, Daredevil, Spider-Man and only getting a shot off due to his healing and durability. Hulk couldn't tag Northstar when he ran up and punched him in the face. People try to bring in real world physics like the t-clap, but I highly doubt the writers are intending to use speed for that and generally just reference strength in it. Otherwise Luke Cage, Doc Samson, Thing etc all have to be speedsters as well, or at least in arm movement when that isn't the case again since the same aforementioned characters dodge them as well.

Hulk is not a speedster. He is faster than most people give him credit for, but he is no speedster and isn't close to the likes of Superman some people seem to wish he was. The whole because gamma rays move faster than light so Hulk is FTL garbage is just one user on here that spams the same nonsense over and over in an attempt to get people to believe it and then same said user goes on the double standard argument and says something about Flash and Superman then references stupidity or something. You're just better off ignoring said user like everyone else generally does.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he isn't. People can wank feats all day, he still has trouble tagging Spiderman.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kramotz

Well... Hulk couldn't be a speedster if he was faster than the speed of instantaneous transportation... because a speedster is someone who access the speed force... which is exclusive to DC Comics.

Franchise1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk's power comes from gamma rays and is a gamma ffuelcharacter that absorbs gamma rays to become the Hulk.

Since gamma rays fuel his immense strength it makes since he's get speed along with it.

Many people don't like the idea of a fast Hulk because they may not like him or whatever readon but he's always had incredible speed.

Maybe he can move at the speed of light but even if he could he wouldn't be a speedster because doesn't relie only on speed.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The day that the Hulk can match speed feats with a Speed Force/cosmic powered character is the day I stop reading comics

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He really hasn't. They've used his leaping ability at times towards an opponent rather than for transportation to simulate a blitz before, but that is about it and it's happened only a handful of times to my knowledge. Hulk is fast for his size, there isn't really getting around. He's actually pretty fast when it comes to Marvel brick standards. Keyword standard, ala Thing, Ares, Rulk, Colossus etc, considering he's caught tank shells, jets etc. Aside from that, he is no speedster. He slapped Quicksilver, ok. Big whoop. Back then, everyone and their grandmother was able to tag Quicksilver. Hell, when he was running in circles around Spider-Man, Parker stuck his arm out and clotheslined him. If Hulk was a true speedster he would have the issue tagging street level characters like Cap, Wolverine, Daredevil, Spider-Man and only getting a shot off due to his healing and durability. Hulk couldn't tag Northstar when he ran up and punched him in the face. People try to bring in real world physics like the t-clap, but I highly doubt the writers are intending to use speed for that and generally just reference strength in it. Otherwise Luke Cage, Doc Samson, Thing etc all have to be speedsters as well, or at least in arm movement when that isn't the case again since the same aforementioned characters dodge them as well.

Hulk is not a speedster. He is faster than most people give him credit for, but he is no speedster and isn't close to the likes of Superman some people seem to wish he was. The whole because gamma rays move faster than light so Hulk is FTL garbage is just one user on here that spams the same nonsense over and over in an attempt to get people to believe it and then same said user goes on the double standard argument and says something about Flash and Superman then references stupidity or something. You're just better off ignoring said user like everyone else generally does.

Best explanation.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spinningbirdcake

I've always thought the "bigger leg muscles" argument wasn't very good. Boxers refrain from lifting weights because the bigger their muscles get the less agile they become. The same principle would apply to Hulk I would think.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Well I doubt he'd be anywhere near the range of someone like Quicksilver he should be able to run pretty fast.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
    GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hulk can't keep up with Wolverine half the time. And whenever he fights Spidey I've always seen Hulk as unable to touch him. I don't mind Hulk being somewhat fast in a straight line, but not really when it comes to reaction speed.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strength gives you all around speed. When you punch its the explosive force that give you speed. fighters get faster when they get stronger. Lots of sports are like that. He isnt a speedster but he is fast enought to tag them. Id say in a straight line though he could out run quicksilver because he can leap so far. Plus the big thing in world war hulk was that he had banners mind in the back of his consciousness which allowed him to never kill anybody when he causes so much destruction around him. Hulk pretty much runs like a computer when he fights. Thats why he has awesome aim and can tag people that are technically faster than him. Spidey is always gonna be able to dodge the hulk cause of his spidey sense

Avatar image for adamthesubmariner
    AdamtheSubmariner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think hes fast, but he goes of like a cannon, losing mobility the faster he gets. He did blitz ironman but that wouldnt count him as a speedster.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I would say he is a speedster in that he can run at super speeds. That's not to say he's on par with the likes of Flash, Quicksilver or Superman though.

ssbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ssbm

hulk is not a speedster he may move faster than a normal person or even a car but that does not qualify him as a speedster that would mean other characters with super strength get the same treatment like the thing even spider man would be speedsters i think the cut of point for speedsters is being able to achieve Mach 1 in minimal time and maintain it

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dum529001

@sc said:

Stan Lee chose gamma rays for the Hulk because he likes/liked the word gamma. What you get is that years later fans look at the wikipedia page for gamma rays and try and use that to explain things in ways that sound more impressive and objective than they actually are. Terms like speedster don't really help either, without being described objectively with a criteria. For all intents and purposes though Hulk's speed is an afterthought to his other traits and ergo inconsistent and subjectively used much like most depictions of speed in comics. Some fast characters can run circles around him, other fast characters Hulk will punch and fight as fast with. Sometimes people forget strength can equal speed, as in a person moves fast when there muscles make them, other people like to try and remind them of this using reality as a basis of what should happen - then other people try to tell those people that they are using too much science and comics is different - hopefully someone else comes in and explains comics actually inherently realistic, and science can be applied, as long as everyone consciously realizes that its not the priority - entertainment and selling product is.

Hulk is good at catching and hitting fast things. Given how high he can jump, it wouldn't be weird for a writer to have him with explosive sprinting abilities provided he didn't accidentally punch a hole in the ground with his foot. It wouldn't be weird for a billion other things regarding other characters to have happen other things considered as well.

This!!

@franchise1590 said:

Hulk's power comes from gamma rays and is a gamma ffuelcharacter that absorbs gamma rays to become the Hulk.

Since gamma rays fuel his immense strength it makes since he's get speed along with it.

Many people don't like the idea of a fast Hulk because they may not like him or whatever readon but he's always had incredible speed.

Maybe he can move at the speed of light but even if he could he wouldn't be a speedster because doesn't relie only on speed.

and This!!

Hulk's speed stats:

A. Running speed- limited due to the overwhelming pressure put on the ground once a certain speed is reached.

B. Jumping speed- decent but similarly limited as ground speed

C. Striking speed- Light speed and beyond

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think people are saying that Hulk runs and jumps at light-speed(although he could if the earth was as tough as him.)

Hulk's striking however, is super fast (Light speed and beyond).

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

I don't think people are saying that Hulk runs and jumps at light-speed(although he could if the earth was as tough as him.)

Hulk's striking however, is super fast (Light speed and beyond).

If his striking is FTL why can't he ever hit things that are nowhere near that fast?

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he is not a speedster

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By joshmightbe

He's faster than the average human but probably not by a whole lot, if he had room to run and build speed he maybe able to keep pace with a car but since he's not particularly agile his speed is stifled. But even at his top speed he'd never qualify as an official speedster.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Chibio

Hulk is very fast. In fact he is so fast that he loses his traction when he runs. That's the reason you always see him jumping, because he can't properly run with the speed he can actually come up with. He is able to move his body very fast, but him being a speedster? Of course not. I also don't think that he can react to ridiculous speeds. Tagging Quicksilver can't be compared to tagging someone like Superman, or even the Flash.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mr_Winchester

His enhanced musculature does make him fast obviously but definatley not speedster level. If they somehow add immense super speed to Hulk, granted I will be a little confused but, if it is written properly I wont really have an issue with it. The whole derivation from gamma thing does seem somewhat plausible but then you look at someone like superman. Superman is a solar based being, he gets energy from the sun to access his powers in other words he gets powers from a yellow sun, and yet his heat beams can apparently reach temperatures hotter than the sun. So if we look at it that way if Hulk moves fast than his source of power (gamma beams) it would essentially be the same principle.

But there are alot of other things to consider, for example there are a few resources regarding Kryptonian physiology and how superman uses his solar energy I think, and these help clarify some things. But as far as Hulk is concerned, his actual source is ambiguous. I mean even Silver Surfer theorized his source of power may be extra-dimensional even. So there is a certain mystery surrounding Hulk's powers and indeed their upper limits (if any).

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all Honesty, I like the Hulk being big dumb and not that fast. I LOVE being able to watch Spider-Man, or Captain America fight the Hulk and actually believing that they stand a chance.

Franchise1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like I said people just don't like the idea of a fast Hulk but by all logic he should at least at light speed striking ability.

I also think if the earth was more durable he would be able to reach incredible speeds even faster than what he's shown.

You see hints of it in Mark Waid's current Hulk run as well soit's not just bs like some Hulk haters would like to believe.

Really tho Spidy and wouln't stand a chance against a truly bloodlusted Hulk imo. I just think is an asshole who wants to hurt them like that. Hulk isn't I mean, sorry phone typing.

Not nearly as fast as the top lvl DC heroes speed lvl tho. Maybe he'll get another speed buff and reach that lbl to who knows.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always thought the "bigger leg muscles" argument wasn't very good. Boxers refrain from lifting weights because the bigger their muscles get the less agile they become. The same principle would apply to Hulk I would think.

Boxers do lift weights in order to increase power,they don't lift heavy because you lose flexibility and stamina with bigger muscles. Hulk doesn't have that issue as his muscles are strong enough to lift 100's of tons and he only weighs 1000 lbs, which should allow for him to be able to move at great speeds.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JJ62

@dum529001: I don't think he can react at FTL. Does he have any feats to support that?? yeah he punched Quicksilver. But, even though Quick seems like a Marvel version of Flash. He isn't even 10% as fast as Superman or Flash. Iirc Quicksilver cant move FTL either.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#37  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jj62 said:

@dum529001: I don't think he can react at FTL. Does he have any feats to support that?? yeah he punched Quicksilver. But, even though Quick seems like a Marvel version of Flash. He isn't even 10% as fast as Superman or Flash. Iirc Quicksilver cant move FTL either.

He can't. It's just one user's theory that has absolutely no backing.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he should be able to run faster than most characters because of his leg muscles and his reaction time is amazing

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dum529001

@jj62:

His nervous system should be at the level at which his muscles move or greater. Its just implied. Though writers have never specifically showed Hulk having light speed or faster than light-speed reaction time, to argue that he certainly doesn't means you're arguing that Hulk is, with all certainty, mentally retarded or disabled, but that doesn't have official backing from the writers and the comics either.

However you feel about reaction time, you can't deny Hulk's striking power/speed is light-speed and beyond.

And if anyone wishes to say that Hulk strikes with maximum force 100 percent of the time, even against far weaker foes, then we could say the same for other powerhouse characters as well. Superman and Flash have been tagged and had their foes evade their strikes just like Hulk. I mean, seriously, if you were to really believe that Hulk is a slow-poke based on things like this happening, then you'd also have to keep in mind that Hulk would be shattering cities and continents with every strike that he missed. Even the wind motion from a punch from Hulk that isn't being held back, can be deadly. And you have to take into account that it makes no sense for someone who doesn't of extremely high speed body movements and reaction time to dodge or keep up with blows like that.

@god_spawn:

What do you think my theory lacks? How would you disprove it?

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JJ62

@dum529001: You see the thing is, you're trying to use real world logic in the comic book universe. Your saying based of off science Hulk SHOULD be able to react at FTL speeds. But tell me this....has he ever shown any feats supporting this? I'm arguably one of the biggest Hulk fans on the planet, I've never seen him do anything like that. You say he SHOULD be able to move at light speed and beyond. But he's never (not in all of the hundreds of comics featuring Hulk I've read) shown FTL feats. I'm sorry...

You're trying to use real world logic, but in REAL LIFE. Banner would've died from radiation poisoning, Thor nor Superman would exist. Pete Parker would be dead from radiation poisoning. Steve Rogers would be massively deformed due to the serum/mutation. Punisher would've been caught and incarcerated years ago. And Batman would've died within a year.

What I'm trying to say is....real life logic doesn't work in a comic book universe. If Hulk did exist in real life, he SHOULD have been able to move at FTL. Yet, he hasn't shown the feats. So IMO, it's safe to say that he doesn't have light speed reaction times.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dum529001

@jj62:

#1. The absence of evidence is not necessarily the evidence of absence. The reaction time is merely implied but hard to argue against. Reaction time isn't my main point though.

My main point is that there is no question that the Hulk's strikes do move at light-speed or greater. And there is no absolute proof that he can't react at light-speeds or faster either.

Rupturing atoms at their core = gamma rays= Light-speed or faster than light-speed travel = The theory of relativity( E= mc²)

I'm not arguing about what Hulk "should" be able to do. I'm telling you what he's actually done, many times over.

#2. And UV rays do travel at the speed of light like gamma rays but the difference is the intensity.

That's right. They have the same speed but different INTENSITY.

Stars emit gamma rays, but since they are afar off from earth, by the time the rays reach us, their energy has died down so that they don't rupture atoms down to their cores, and so they become UV rays.

There you go! UV rays actually come from gamma rays. And gamma rays come from burning the energy of hydrogens which starts the chemical reaction known as nuclear fusion.

This is where the difference in wavelength comes from. Their energy distribution is different. With gamma rays, you get more energy in one place and at one time, while x-rays and UV rays have a weaker concentration of energy, the energy being more spread out.

That's the theory of relativity in action.

#3.

And so.....

You say not to use "real world logic" but you're using it when you say Superman's reactions are light-speed because he's shown reacting in a nano-second. If you're serious about real world physics not applying to comic characters then you should also say that Superman and Flash don't move or react at lightpseed or faster than light-speed, since physics mean nothing to you. If you want to discard physics then you why are you talking about light-speed or faster than light speed travel???

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JJ62

@dum529001: Real life logic doesn't apply in a comic book universe. Logic supported by what's been seen in decades of comics DOES apply to this.

Superman and Flash CAN MOVE AT FTL speeds, why??? Because they've been shown to do so multiple times in the comics. I can deny the claim that Hulk moves FTL, because he's never done it.

All of the science and such you're talking about would make sense. But, this is a fictional universe. You don't go by the laws in OUR universe, you go by the fictional laws set up in a fictional universe.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dum529001

@jj62:

Even The fictional universe still follows the basic rules, otherwise nothing would make sense.

And no, you can't deny that Hulk strikes at light-speed and beyond when he's been routinely hitting like a nuclear arsenal. Not only that, the writers don't say anything to back up what you say.

Gamma rays work no different in the Marvel universe. People still get vaporized when they come into contact with them as they normally would. The reason Bruce Banner became the Hulk is because of his superhuman genes already present at birth. The same goes for all the other dormant mutants in the Marvel universe.

You don't have logic or the writers to back you up. There is not a shred of solid evidence to say that Hulk doesn't strike at light-speed and beyond.

i mean really.....

We know Hulk doesn't weigh any more than a car so when he starts doing all this hard-hitting stuff, we logically know that he's traveling at great speeds.

Since we know force is about mass and acceleration, and we know that Hulk is not all about mass, we can assume he has great acceleration in order to put the great forces that he does.

How do you think Hulk gets force???

Its not like Hulk get his power from increasing his weight.The Hulk just increases his density and gamma-energy.

Are you saying Hulk increases his mass while staying at a never-changing velocity in order to put out greater forces?

Are you saying the Hulk grows millions of pounds in order to resist the force of a million pounds? Are you saying Hulk gets as massive as the earth in order to bear it? Now that's ridiculous.

Hulk does not get his power from gravitational forces, but from nuclear power. Saying that he does is a direct contradiction of the character's concept.

Why are you going so far, making assumptions where there is nothing to support you, in order to deny what is the plain truth??

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Verotikryptonite

No he's not a speedster. If Marvel were to give him superspeed , DC would counter by giving Superman the ability to leap multiple dimensions in a single bound. I want to know why it's fine for DC to overpower all their characters to point of being as powerful as modern kryptonians, yet it's unbearable when Marvel does the same thing ? I mean it's o.k that the original Superman was about as strong as Spiderman and slower than quiksilver and then was somehow able to juggle planets, that's fine. And it's cool that WW went from being far from bullet proof to an invincible kung-fu kryptonian. But if someone brings up giving a Marvel character an upgrade it's scoffed at imminently. The Hulk goes toe to toe with Sentry and it's labeled pis by butt-hurt DC fans. I mean this thread itself is bait in a way. Cause some guy will spout the same drivel about losing all respect for the Hulk if that happens. It's comics and characters evolve , what's the f&^king problem? How much would you enjoy DC's stories if their characters regressed to what they were originally? I mean the original Hulk would curb stomp the original Superman. But don't dare bring that up.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dum529001

@verotikryptonite:

This isn't about travel speed. I'm just discussing Hulk's striking speed.

Due to the overwhelming pressure put on the ground once a certain speed is reached, Hulk is limited to hyper-sonic speeds for both running and Jumping, though he usually just jumps.

I've just been saying Hulk's striking speed is light-speed and beyond. I've already give my reasoning for this in previous posts.

I'm not arguing about what Hulk "should" be able to do. I'm talking about what he's actually done, many times over.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: Sorry man, just venting. I'm usually full of piss and vinegar when I wake up, lol. Sorry to get off topic like that

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: I am not the one without evidence of backing, there is no shred of evidence in the comics that supports the theory that Hulk can move at FTL. He's never moved at FTL before. So I think it's safe to assume that he can't. Your scientific theory doesn't work, unless it's been stated within the fictional comic book universe. Hulk has never been stated to have, or been shown using "far beyond light" speed. He just hasn't. If he's never done it in the comics, and it's never stated in the comics that he can do it. Then it is safe to assume, he can't/doesn't.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to know why it's fine for DC to overpower all their characters to point of being as powerful as modern kryptonians, yet it's unbearable when Marvel does the same thing ?

Can't speak for others, but I'm not "fine" with it in either universe. I used to really like the Hulk. One of my favorite characters. I haven't read his comic in years cause apparantly he can punch planets to death now. Know who else I used to like. The Flash, he was cool. Of course, then he turned into a speed-wizard who can do anything cause the Speed-Force. Wasn't interested after that.

So no, I don't want the Hulk to get more powers. There was a bit in Secret Wars where he manages to hold up something like a mountain. I remember loving that moment. It was cool and let you know how powerful the Hulk was. These days though, that's a frickin' joke. Apparantly now he can break the laws of physics and common sense because he's just "that strong".

Bull****.

So no, I hate power creep in any form. I don't need my favorite characters to be uber-strong god-beings. Most of my favorite characters are nowhere near the upper echelon of powers and a few would have trouble defeating Batroc the Leaper. I'm perfectly fine with that and I'm constantly puzzled by people who take their characters losing fights as an insult.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dum529001

@jj62:

Like is said before:

Rupturing atoms at their core = gamma rays= Light-speed or faster than light-speed travel = The theory of relativity( E= mc²)

Because of this, the writers don't have to directly state Hulk's speed when he's striking/thrusting something without holding back at all.

The nature of gamma rays speaks for itself. Constantly stating Hulk's speed would just be redundant.

it's part of the character whether you want to accept it or not.

Nuclear power is what fuels the Hulk. Period.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.