Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk 2016-

DeathToCho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am really disappointed with this first issue. I'm not sure why Pak thinks that someone as irritating as Amadeus would be a great or even likeable lead. This whole situation is reminiscent of Poochie The Dog from The Simpsons. I'm hoping this run doesn't get dragged on like the Thor rebranding or that Hulk doesn't become a mantle just passed around like DC characters such as Flash or Green Lantern. As it stands now, I recognize Maestro as the true Hulk in our timeline.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Battle123axe

What- Amadeus has a gf? Who I is into some really kinky shite

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: The state of Hulk comics today... we are reading a horny Asian teenager in Hulks body trying to score some tail from an alien BDSM queen...

I am done...

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: give it a year or two. Before we get in t o a real hulk comic.

But Damn it Greg, THIS is not an excuse

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I haven't been on Comic Vine for 5 weeks.....so naffed off with what is being done with my favourite characters, well most of them....that I took a break, seems that this board has been quiet, so plenty of other Hulk fans are naffed off too!!

After reading the IGN review of the totally amazing Hulk or whatever it is called, which gave it a 9 and then another 9 on one of the other comic book reviewers, I finally had a peek yesterday to see if it was any good and what a load of rubbish!. Sure if your mental age Is 7 you might enjoy it, but this is NOT the Hulk! I was even prepared to overlook the fact that Banner was not the Hulk with Pak writing, but where is the anger, where is the rage? Its more Deadpool than Hulk. As @atheistknowledge says, I am done....

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Schwarz

For a while there was a lot of discussions and people talking about Hulk on this Hulk forum. Now there is a post once a week or something like that. Shows how people don't care anymore. People in general are done.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t least to keep this thread alive, can anyone post any scans about the feat bannerhulk pulled off in totally awesome hulk

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@battle123axe: I used the scans for a CAV I'm using Hulk in so here you are if you want to see it (right to left)

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: thanks alot. and can you post a link to the CAV? it is always inspiring to see the styles of good debaters, in order to learn, and, oh, Happy new year!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

HAPPY NEW YEAR, HULK FANS!!!!

No Caption Provided

TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #2

(W) Greg Pak (A/CA) Frank Cho

CHO TIME CONTINUES AS THE HULK TAKES ON THE BIGGEST MONSTERS IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE!

• But can Amadeus handle the brand-new danger of Lady Hellbender?

• Also: Trouble in the family! Snack time with Spidey! And more revelations about just what the devil happened to Banner!

Rated T+

Item Code: NOV150775 In Shops: 1/6/2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to see Amadeus still being a pretentious douches who thinks he can be the hulk. At least we might get another good bannerhulk feat like we saw in the last one. Although in the previous it looked like Amadeus was gonna have to mature a bit.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember someone mention that this feels more like a Deadpool comic then a Hulk one... and i hate to say it but the more i look at it and think about it, that person is right on the money.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: surprisingly, the comic would be better right in front of your face. lol

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

I have literally given up on comics. I have not had the urge or even a slight desire to follow ANY series right now. The only one's I'm concretely sticking to right now is Punisher and Invincible.

I've tried wrapping my head around this new version of the Hulk, but the sad fact of the Matter is, no matter how well Amadeus Cho evolves or progresses, he is not Bruce Banner, and thus, I have no desire to read about his goofy adventure.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand how it sounds but I have shit tons of work in college right now, so going out of my way to just be consistently disappointed is really not worth it.

I may tune in here and there but I doubt I'll give it a serious shot.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

What are your thoughts on Greg Pak's return?

What do you think of Amadeus Cho being a Hulk?

Are you interested in the new villainess: Lady Hellbender?

Do you think we'll ever have the REAL Hulk/Bruce Banner return?

I'm a bit apprehensive to be honest, because Hulk's had a selection of superstar-writers since Pak's departure and I kinda wonder if Marvel just gave up and now hopes Pak can somehow rebottle the lightning.

Not so bothered by him being a Hulk, to me the issue is that he is the Hulk, especially not when we just had a story about Hulk going about depowering all the other Hulks whenever they wanted it or not. Cho becoming a Hulk however just seemed to be a kind of invitability since everyone in the Hulk support cast seems to get that treatment now a days... I am just a little puzzled that he didn't turn into a MODOK-like freak like last time.

This is one of the reasons I am a bit apprehencive about Pak's return; because Hellbender just seems like Cho's Caiera. They will fight at first then they eventually fall in love and eventually she gets blown up or decapitated forcing Cho to learn heartbreak and probably retires.

Eventually, just like I expect to see a re-vitalized Captain America return and Namor's head to returns to his shoulders, since these are names that are so big in the MCU that you can't really kill them permanently, unlike say Mattie Franklin, Caiera or the Thor-knockoffs.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand how it sounds but I have shit tons of work in college right now, so going out of my way to just be consistently disappointed is really not worth it.

On no i understand you completely... i just can't bring myself to like this even if the book turns out amazing(which so far it's meh and it doesn't look like it will get any better), in the end it's still not Banner... you literally can't have the Hulk without Banner... Hulk is not a goddamn hammer you can just give to anyone, he is a conscious born out of Banners own mind. I would have been ok if they did a mini series with someone else as the Hulk or another Hulk title that could tell the story of what happened in the 8 months between SW and the present where you have Amadeus or anyone else as the Hulk, but the main title still needs to be Banner/Hulk... You can't separate the 2 like this...

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh. Why are we the minority again?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

On no i understand you completely... i just can't bring myself to like this even if the book turns out amazing(which so far it's meh and it doesn't look like it will get any better), in the end it's still not Banner... you literally can't have the Hulk without Banner... Hulk is not a goddamn hammer you can just give to anyone, he is a conscious born out of Banners own mind. I would have been ok if they did a mini series with someone else as the Hulk or another Hulk title that could tell the story of what happened in the 8 months between SW and the present where you have Amadeus or anyone else as the Hulk, but the main title still needs to be Banner/Hulk... You can't separate the 2 like this...

Very true. I'm only intrigued in what happened to Banner, aside from that? I couldn't really care less.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Amadeus is going to fight thor(Jane foster).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By 01100110

@thedailybagel: Two pathetic fakes fighting for no reason replaces one of the best and longest lasting rivalries in comics. I can hardly contain my excitement.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@01100110 said:

@thedailybagel: Two pathetic fakes fighting for no reasom replaces one of the best and longest lasting rivalries in comics. I can hardly contain my excitement.

Yep. Though it's just jumping to conclusions i bet everything i have they literally wont even fight at all. We know from solicitations that Enchantress will be in issue 5, there is no reason for Amadeus to fight Jane, he'd probably get stomped going by his track record so far.

BTW issue 2 was meh... again they just teased about Banner instead of revealing what happened... i hate that sh1t. And Hulk fights FFF, how original. Whose next Abomination?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did banner do in this one?

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Mr_Winchester

@battle123axe: In the latest issue Banner/Hulk is kept in containment after absorbing energy from the Kiber reactor, furthermore it appears that after he had absorbed the energy it altered his physiology in some unknown way. They've had to try 5 different containment protocols on Hulk but none of them apparently lasted long enough. What's more is that the different ways there are to drain Hulk of his gamma aren't working suggesting some sort of new hybrid power source inside Hulk.

I think this may pave the way for the all-new all different Banner/Hulk. Original Banner saved rick from radiation and became the Hulk, now he saved 50 million from a radiation blast possibly indicating the birth of a new sort of Hulk.

That said I doubt we'll see him within this year.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sans:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this issue was pretty good

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The contest of champions is heating up in the next issue Maestro himself joins the battle, this could be fun.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Battle123axe

And since I like to analyze these sorts of things, this "new" hulk has exhibited enough power to completely boil t he ocean and has enough power to light the entire Kenyan coast on fire, as well as even supervises can't build a device to contain him for anything more than an hour. His adaptability is at a level where it is impossible for even the greatest minds in the world to predict it, as well as changing to overcome any way of overcoming him, whether is containing him or changing him back. I'm starting to wonder if whether they are trying to bring back Worldbreaker hulk.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: Wow, wow, wow.. hang on there. That was Banner Hulk and that was while he still had the radiation from the Kiber reactor, he obviously does not have it anymore otherwise Amadeus would be setting everything around him on fire uncontrollably.

You guys are exaggerating things here. I seriously doubt Hulk has gotten or will get any new power. The only reason we are seeing all of this is for Pak to set up how Amadeus became Hulk, like he possibly came with an idea to save Banner and in doing so took on being the Hulk.

Hulk is not getting a power up, in his 60 years of existence he has never gotten a new power and if he ever does get one it wont be as OP as him just randomly setting up fires to entire countries... it be kinda ripping off Rulk as well.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amadeus is pretty fast also he tagged miles before he could even react

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am quite intrigued about what's happened to Banner. there seems to be some ominous vibe when banner is referred to in issue 1. I can totally see Amadeus somehow taking that power to become the Hulk I just think it would suck to write off Banner all together. Obviously this story is about Amadeus and that's cool I just think Banner needs to have a place in the story somehow as he is pretty synonymous with the Hulk.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By thedailybagel

@atheistknowledge: he's only reacting like that (as in setting stuff on fire) because the kiber reactor is merging with the gamma radiation in unpredictable ways, they mentioned that hulk has been able to absorb over 10 different types of energy IIRC (edit: I just checked and it was 17) but the kiber reactor is special for whatever reason and messing with hulks physiology.

I honestly think banner is still out there as a hulk. My current theory is that amadeus absorbed the gamma whilst banner kept the radiation from the kiber reactor.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: He absorbed over 10 different energies? I think you mean there are 17 different chemical combinations developed over the past 10 years that can inhibit the Hulk's normal gamma power. Hulk is still(well was in that flashback) in the process of adapting and changing his physiology, basically merging with his gamma radiation.

I really doubt that. It would make no sense, I mean why not follow Banners story then instead?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By thedailybagel

@atheistknowledge: that's what I meant, the point remains the same though, the gamma and kiber are reacting together in a very bad way, that's not to say that the kiber by itself would do that.

It makes more sense if you think about it. Tony, t'challa and Monica don't know what to do, and amadeus is only powered by gamma radiation (meaning the kiber radiation had to go somewhere because amadeus didn't get that), the kiber radiation isn't nessacarily dangerous on its own and could have given bruce a different hulk form. Furthermore Pak has implied that bruce is doing more than just sitting in hiding, and has said that the first arc is going to introduce a character that might affect the whole marvel universe. We already know what amadeus is getting up to for most of the first arc (lady hellbender for the first four issues, enchantress and thor in the fith, unknown 6th) so there isn't much room for pak to make people go "woah" with another new character... Aside from bruce and a new hulk form. I'm probablu just being extemely optimistic because I want banner back, but I don't think its a ridiculously far fetched idea.

Oh, as for CoC, I think maesteo is going to be fighting punisher for most of the issue, night thrasher is being teased as cleaning house. Issue 6 looks like maestro is going to get some time to shine.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Those are all hyperbole and empty talk man, for the most part. Writers and solicits tend to exaggerate things extremely, sometimes even outright lie. I am not saying it's impossible but i don't expect much... i character that will affect the Marvel universe lol i have heard that one a million times now. That queen chick is disappointing me a lot because it seems Pak is recycling stuff from before and ripping himself off... I mean Caiera flashbacks much? Meh...

Yea probably, we will have to wait and see. But issue 6 is apparently where Maestro just goes off on everyone.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: we can hope man.. we can hope. I'm trying just to get excited about Amadeus, and I can't, so I focus all my energy into the little bit of bannerhulk we are seeing.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Amadeus is going to fight thor(Jane foster).

I freaking knew it was gonna happen! It might be fun and would be a different spin on one of the oldest heroic power rivalries in all of comics.

Personally, I enjoyed TAH #2. It was fun and enjoyable. Did it offer anything new? Not really, but at least we're shown a bit more on Banner/Hulk and some insight on Lady Hellbender.

Plus, it would be cool if Banner/Hulk become something more powerful and get some wicked cool abilities that they didn't possess in the past 50 years. I mean, think about it. What if Hulk/Banner possessed powers/abilities that are just as infinite as their strength and physicality?

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally don't think it's a good idea for Hulk to get any new powers... I like him the way he is, no need to change something that hasn't be changed for half a century. Evil incarnations of Hulk could be another story, like i don't mind if Devil Hulk was for instance a very powerful being with vast amount of abilities... other then that i don't think Hulk should receive any power ups.

Maestro is also perfectly done IMO, he uses tech and weapons to amp himself which i don't mind, he is a villain and a Hulk he should be as big of a threat as possible.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge:

If he was as powerful, intelligent and dangerous as the Maestro from the CoC game-- a World-Breaker, Phoenix Force Destroyer, Celestial Hunter, Galactus Killer, Multiversal/Ominversal Conqueror --then I would agree with you. Unfortunately, at the moment, Maestro isn't all that impressive in the comics. I mean, yeah he has access to tech and weapons, but he has yet to do anything with his own power or such tech/weapons in leave me in awe.

As for Hulk having additional powers, every hero and most villains in comics have been upgraded and received additional powers through the years. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with Hulk/Banner the way they've been. However, it would be pretty cool to see them focus their infinite power potential into other abilities. In fact, it would be interesting if Greg Pak explores the power aspect of the character as well as the psychological aspect.

By that, I mean I'd like to see the reason why Hulk is so powerful. Many believe and have theories that Hulk's infinite power comes from a multiversal/ominversal source, thus enabling him to become more powerful and adapt to overcome whatever threat that manages to push him to a certain limit. I know it's even been suggested/hinted at in the comics.

Now, I'm not saying Hulk should have gamma vision blasts or anything. But it would be cool if he truly becomes some kind of gamma phoenix, so to speak. A cosmic force of nature. Since Iso-8 is being portrayed as one of the most powerful sources in the MU, it would be interesting if the energy Hulk absorbed from the reactor was a combination of gamma, cosmic, old power and iso-8 energies. It could be these energies that unlock the door, that triggers this transformation of Banner/Hulk into a cosmic force of nature. Imagine a being as powerful/intelligent as Hulk/Banner... without any restraints and who now have access to fully utilize his/their multiversal/omniversal powersource.

I know, you'll probably call this "hyperbole" or "wishing thinking", but it's a very interesting/intriguing thought. And I, as well as other Hulk fans, can hope for something truly unique and incredible, can't we?

I would like to add another thought that entered my mind as I was reading the current issue. What if Tony, T'Challa and the others decided to banish Hulk again like they've done in the past? I mean, we're already going to get "Civil War 2", right? So it wouldn't be out of the realm of impossibility for another "Planet Hulk" story, or something bigger and even more cosmic in scope. Galaxy Hulk... Hulk: Universe... Hulk: Multiverse... Hulk: Omniverse. It's something to speculate given Marvel's current and upcoming works.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: I've always wanted that to happen... but it's probably never gonna. Only time, and the next issue, will tell what's up with bannerhulk.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By thedailybagel

@atheistknowledge: I'm honestly starting to lose hope that maestro is going to be very formidable once he gets more feats. Al ewing is a nice guy and writes good comics (the ultimates and CoC are both good imo) but he doesn't care about power levels at all and doesn't even seperate tiers. He's picking people like night thrasher (who from what I've read is a street leveler who has lost to regular punisher) to supposedly kick the grandmasters teams ass, which consists of the void and Joe fixit among other people. Void managed to make ares look like a fool and then was supposedly beat by stick (granted I think there's more to that encounter than we've been told), stick being someone who has also beaten grandmasters venom, a venom that managed to kill his spiderman, venom-hulk who was stomping cosmic gamora was in turn stomped by guillotine, who was previously wrecked by bullseye, who was in turn stomled by stick... Not mention that punisher 2099 is (I'm assuming) a spiderman 2099 villain and he's supposed to be going one on one with maestro.

The fights and power levels are all over the place, if anything I think maestro is going to take the ISO sphere and use that to beat everybody issue 6.

But maybe I'm just being cynical, having lots of mood swings around hulk atm.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: It's certainly a possibility. I am not sure he did give Monica and BM some pretty good feats IIRC and he does mention how he will write them as even bigger powerhouses in the new Ultimates comics and he emphasized that part in an interview like 3 different times. So far he hasn't really done anything that suggests to me he doesn't distinguished tiers i mean he had Maestro beat up his team pretty handily while holding back not to actually damage anyone there and he didn't even use any of the hax weapons. I suspect Night Trasher is either gonna fight other street level characters or is gonna use a plot device, we both know he is not gonna beat up any of the Hulks or Void. And yea it was kinda obvious that Void had a little talk with Stick and they both agreed to work together to get out of this game, so Void pretended he lost to Stick. As for Venom yea that was kinda iffy but at the same time he didn't really lose to him just got outskilled, it's not like Stick has the actual power to KO Venom. Guillotine used a plot device in the form of her sword we can't really do anything about it, Bullseye did the smart thing and separated her from her sword when they fought. As for Punisher i don't know, we will see about that one if the 2 of them fight i can't imagine he will do much to Maestro unless he has some hax weapons from the year 2099.

Possibly, if not probably but at some point or another we are guaranteed to see Maestro go all out and use all of his weapons to their full extent.

Nah i am the same, it's perfectly understandable, things have been going south lately and yea Al can screw us over even more but so far it looks fine he hasn't done anything bad with Maestro. Next issue might be good or bad we will see but i am definitely looking forward to issue 6 and where the comic goes beyond that.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By GreenScar1990

February 8, 2006 marked a very special beginning for us Hulk fans. It was when Greg Pak first came on-board to helm the Hulk series. With Incredible Hulk #92, thus began the epic saga of PLANET HULK.

February 8, 2016 marks the 10th Anniversary of this beginning of the most epic of Hulk sagas.

It's a milestone that should be celebrated by fans, writers, and artists all over the internet world.

How do you guys & gals think we should celebrate and pay homage/tribute to one of the best, if not THE best Hulk saga ever written?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss Green Scar... Cho Hulk is weak as hell in both character and strength.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet Hulk is not only one of my favourite comic sagas, but I absolutely loved the animated movie they made. First time a movie has ever made a semi-significant change I actually liked (changing SS to BRB).

NuclearRebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I found the first 2 issues enjoyable. Amadeus is a well-established character and one I find at least fairly interesting to read about.

The Hulk is famous for his stories having somber themes as well as dark and epic storytelling.

Some might see Totally Awesome's light tone as totally contrary to the spirit of the character but honestly it's not much different than Indestructible Hulk which had some lighter moments to say the least.

It's already an order of magnitude better than Thorita by virtue of the fact that it respects the original and true Hulk by devoting a good chunk of both issues to him and not emphasizing some random political angle. Aaron dropped Thor like a hot potato in favor of Thorita and the book suffered. Pak is treating The Hulk with the respect and dignity he deserves, at least thus far.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well by then, lego avengers will be out, so I will spend the entire day using hulk and smashing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.