Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1951  Edited By green_skaar  Online
@greenscar1990 said:

@green_skaar:

That doesn't make sense. You can still have an epic battle between Destroyer Maestro & God Doom without either of them perishing. It could have been quite epic and awesome, even if it ended in stalemate or Doom victorious yet Maestro managing to teleport out of there before getting killed by a being who wields the power of the Beyonders & Molecule Man.

If Doom loses some form of control, or if Maestro manages to break free of this wishing well, he's still gonna be able to possess the Destroyer armor and come for Doom & everyone else. And if that happens, everyone better stay the hell out of Maestro's way. Because he'll be out for blood & vengeance.

Anyway, while the issue was decent (mostly due to the art & Maestro's portrayal), it had the potential to have been truly incredible.

You can't have an epic battle if one side stomps the other. It would be just as one sided as when Phoenix Force Scott fought Doom. Again if Maestro attacked Doom he'd be dead. At least this way he's alive and when Doom does die, presumably Maestro is set free. Yes when he is freed he's right by the Destroyer and can back to trying to take things over.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1952  Edited By GreenScar1990

@green_skaar: Unless the Destroyer was forged from a vast amount of Doom's power derived from the Beyonders and Molecule Man. But I see your point, though I still see this as a huge mistake/wasted opportunity. It could have been an incredible battle, regardless of who triumphed. Then again, who knows, maybe Maestro-Destroyer will make an appearance during the last remaining issues of Secret Wars. It'd be cool seeing him level everything and anyone that dared to charge against him.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: I most definitely do, as Al Ewing has given some insight on the Maestro's involvement in "Contest of Champions". It's safe to say that I honestly believe Ewing will do the vastly powerful villainous character justice.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

An I the only one expecting Meastro to break free of this wishing well and come back for the finale of Secret Wars and wreak havoc.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642:

I hope you're right, Marvel have a bit of work to do to appease Maestros reputation instead of leaving him as a joke!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My thoughts on Future Imperfect #5?

Solid art, meh story ending.

I'm putting the blame on the Editors/Executives and the writer PAD. Both should share the blame. 50/50.

I would have preferred that Maestro went up against God Emperor Doom, give us a hell of a fight, lose and escape to fight another battle. That would have been much better than what we received in this issue. It was disappointing. Then again, all of these Secret Wars tie-ins really aren't that impressive and really go nowhere. In a sense, they're basically lengthy one-shot stories with little to no true importance.

I've been thinking about this story since Thursday when I was pretty annoyed. Marvel basically bottled it and used a get out of jail card. They have created Doom so powerful that nothing at the moment can stop him, yet they are trying to build Maestros reputation for the contest of champions so didn't really want him to get trashed or killed by current God Doom. Neither could they really justify Maestro beating Doom is a straight up fight as it wouldn't be logical. Basically they didn't want either side to lose so created this "dream situation"..... kinda rubbish but perhaps I now see why.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: I don't think they left him as a joke. I actually really liked the twist. It was extremely suprising. If they do leave this like it is then I shall be gravely disappointed.

Just imagine an army of Thors, Hulks, Evil Hyperion and Meastro going at it with Doom. My life would be complete.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Damn I forgot about Thanos. Him as well. Throwing in Terrax for good measure.

Ahhhhhh please Marvel.

Thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1961  Edited By Thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Exactly. It's too open ended and suspicious to not happen. Plus it would be a hugely missed opportunity. King Hyperion, Thanos, Meastro, Terrax, Thors, Hulks, Reed etc. Dooms gonna have his hands full.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Exactly. It's too open ended and suspicious to not happen. Plus it would be a hugely missed opportunity. King Hyperion, Thanos, Meastro, Terrax, Thors, Hulks, Reed etc. Dooms gonna have his hands full.

That's unlikely to happen guys considering Maestros story ended, that was the last chapter of Future Imperfect and i doubt Hickman is gonna dedicate pages in the Secret Wars just to show off Maestro escaping and killing Rick and whatnot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: well they did just make the series longer with an extra issue. Plus Meastro has been built up so much and hinted at as well. I really don't think they're gonna shaft him and leave it at that. Anyways think positively instead of negatively.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: An extra issue which is just gonna be filled with exposition and filler most likely, there is no hint even that it will have anything to do with Maestro.

Which has nothing to do with Doom really, Maestro has no real history with him like Reed does, nor is he a well known and popular character like Thanos. He is irrelevant to the main story, they are gonna shaft him as far the SW goes but he will appear after the event is over. I tried thinking positively, many times over and 99% of the time i just get disappointed so i try to be more realistic and in some cases negative, therefore when something negative happens i am already prepared for it and when something positive happens i am twice as existed about it.

I suggest you guys tone down your excitement as well, if you follow the track record Maestro has been pretty badly shafted whenever he has to do something big(fight Surfer, get Destroyer armor) his only shining moments are when he is dealing with fodder so i don't expect this to be any different and i don't see him having any kind of role against Doom. Lower your expectations, let's just be happy that he at least wont disappear after all this and at least has a future in Marvel.... inb4 he jobs to Ares in the Contest of Champions...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1967  Edited By GreenScar1990

@atheistknowledge: I highly doubt Maestro will job to Ares in Contest of Champions. Especially given how the writer Al Ewing described how formidable Maestro is in the series via Twitter. Hulk's infinite strength & other abilities, superior intellect, powerful enough to battle a entire room full of powerhouse heroes and more than capable of besting the Mad Titan, weapons/tech/armor. That was basically his description of Maestro from Contest of Champions.

And as unlikely as it may be, it would be awesome and most welcome to see Maestro break free, kill Rick, take the Destroyer armor, and then go on a rampage destroying anyone or anything that dares to stand against him. It'd certainly bring a smile to my face, even if it's nothing more than a few panels or a spread.

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

But given that Cosmic Maestro is above the likes of Thanos, Kang, Collector, Ultron, Loki, Doom and other high profile villains in the game... and is a universal/multiversal conqueror... I can't imagine them straying far from that formula. Especially since many readers, old and new alike, crave/desire a threat that's powerful, unique and scary. Cosmic Maestro definitely fits that bill. Let's hope that Ewing & Marvel keep him that way for the series.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990 said:

@atheistknowledge: I highly doubt Maestro will job to Ares in Contest of Champions. Especially given how the writer Al Ewing described how formidable Maestro is in the series via Twitter. Hulk's infinite strength & other abilities, superior intellect, powerful enough to battle a entire room full of powerhouse heroes and more than capable of besting the Mad Titan, weapons/tech/armor. That was basically his description of Maestro from Contest of Champions.

And as unlikely as it may be, it would be awesome and most welcome to see Maestro break free, kill Rick, take the Destroyer armor, and then go on a rampage destroying anyone or anything that dares to stand against him. It'd certainly bring a smile to my face, even if it's nothing more than a few panels or a spread.

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

But given that Cosmic Maestro is above the likes of Thanos, Kang, Collector, Ultron, Loki, Doom and other high profile villains in the game... and is a universal/multiversal conqueror... I can't imagine them straying far from that formula. Especially since many readers, old and new alike, crave/desire a threat that's powerful, unique and scary. Cosmic Maestro definitely fits that bill. Let's hope that Ewing & Marvel keep him that way for the series.

It's not impossible. The room full of powerhouses he described where guys like Iron man and Gamora, nothing really impressive, something regular Hulk on his own can beat without problems. And he said he could beat Thanos but when he was asked how he would beat him he said he would find a way to trick Thanos into Thanos beating himself lol. Maestro in Contest of Champions by description alone does not seem to be any more powerful then a regular Hulk.

It wont happen, so it's just wishful thinking.

Cosmic Maestro is not above Thanos, Kang, Ultron, Loki or Doom, not in the comics and he never conquered any universe/multiverse. Al Ewing himself said that Cosmic Maestro would need to fight dirty to beat guys like Thor or Blue Marvel... a being that is above Thanos and conquers multiverses does not need to fight dirty to beat guys like Thor and BM.

I would love for Maestro to be a teambuster of proper powerhouses but Ewing has denied that and basically said that he is teambuster of mid-tiers which regular Hulk already was so Cosmic Maestro doesn't seem much more powerful then that, so i don't have any high expectations from him.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Heh.

I love that line from Batman: Under the Red Hood.

It's one of my all-time favorite animated hero films.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Yes it's extremely good. I found John DiMaggio to be kne of the best Jokers I've ever heard. And Jensen Ackles waa superb as Red Hood.

Thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1971  Edited By Thedailybagel

@atheistknowledge: to be fair, Al seems incredibly indecisive about how powerful he wants cosmic maestro to be. He kept giving contradictory answers and for what it's worth I think he's been swayed slightly by the people that acted all excited when he mentioned maestro fighting Thanos, and even favourited a tweet regarding it.

I still think we should lower our expectations, there's no telling how powerful he's going to make maestro and if anything his comments only suggested that he's solidly above someone like ironman, which is good news I guess...

Taking in common sense though he should logically be able to easily beat somone like thor. He's supposed to have greater physical stats than hulk, as smart as banner, no morals and equipment that if used with a hint of inteligence makes him more versatile than mjolnir or the silver surfer. Not to mention his armour which we have no clue about yet. Let's just hope Al writes him that way.

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Yeah I saw the tweets but with his powerset and the gear he has in picture it puts him at low or mid tier Herald at least

Thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kennethmaestro: exactly, going by stats and gear alone he should be able to contend with pretty much any other herald level being out there.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge:

I realize that. But, at least in the game version of Contest of Champions, Cosmic Maestro is a very big, powerful universal/multiversal threat. A being who killed Galactus, hunted Celestials, killed the Phoenix Five in one timeline and the Phoenix Corps in another, slaughtered a galaxy of Guardians, and conquered numerous universes/realities. I can only hope that Marvel & Ewing plan to take the character in the same direction. I mean, why not?

I'd love to see Ewing & Marvel make Maestro into the powerhouse team-buster he should rightfully be. Only time will tell if it actually happens.

@thedailybagel:

Yes, I agree.

Maestro is supposed to a stronger, more powerful version of the Hulk. That would imply he has all the same feats, powers/abilities, including that of unleashing World-Breaker levels of power if necessary. Plus, he's supposed to be just as, if not more, intelligent than Banner who's one of the smartest beings there is in the Marvel Universe. Not to mention all of his weapons, armor, tech, and that he's completely devoid of the morals that kept the Hulk's power restrained. He basically has everything. Power, intellect and versatility. In other words, he should be an elite threat.

Heck, beings like Hulk & Thor are already considered to be herald-level in their own rights. Maestro should have no trouble dispatching Hulk or Thor or any powerhouse. So, in his regular state (without weapons & such), he's already a high-end threat. But given that Maestro will be, or will become, Cosmic Maestro in the upcoming "Contest of Champions", he should be on the same level as, if not higher, than that of Thanos.

We all know the game version of Cosmic Maestro is in a league all his own, so perhaps the upcoming series will allow us to witness Maestro's rise in becoming the universal/multiversal threat that he is in the game. We can hope, but for now we'll have to wait and see.

@kennethmaestro:

I never understood when someone says a character is low-herald or mid herald level in power. All heralds of Galactus are pretty powerful. I'm quite certain that even Surfer needed aid in defeat Terrax more than once. It mostly depends on the writer, I suppose.

Anyway, I believe Maestro (in his regular form) should be more than enough to handle a herald given that, like what's been said, an older more intelligent and powerful version of the Hulk. Cosmic Maestro? He should be in a class all on his own. In other words, the elite villains/antagonists/threats.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel said:

@atheistknowledge: to be fair, Al seems incredibly indecisive about how powerful he wants cosmic maestro to be. He kept giving contradictory answers and for what it's worth I think he's been swayed slightly by the people that acted all excited when he mentioned maestro fighting Thanos, and even favourited a tweet regarding it.

I still think we should lower our expectations, there's no telling how powerful he's going to make maestro and if anything his comments only suggested that he's solidly above someone like ironman, which is good news I guess...

Taking in common sense though he should logically be able to easily beat somone like thor. He's supposed to have greater physical stats than hulk, as smart as banner, no morals and equipment that if used with a hint of inteligence makes him more versatile than mjolnir or the silver surfer. Not to mention his armour which we have no clue about yet. Let's just hope Al writes him that way.

Yea i know it was my tweet the whole mad titan vs mad titan thing. He probably doesn't want to make promises he can't fulfill so he doesn't want to oversell Maestro as he is probably not sure just how powerful he will make him be.

Well that was my point for now he is above guys like Ironman which isn't saying anything since regular Hulk on his own is solidly above Ironman already as it is.

Yea my thoughts exactly, i am not sure why he said he would need to fight dirty against Thor or BM to beat them, that comment was the strangest one of all. Realistically looking a fight between Hulk and Thor or Hulk and BM could go either way written in a comic with both guys looking fairly even(though on the forums i say Hulk beats BM handily until the guy shows more feats) but Maestro being a step above regular Hulk and then giving him OP weapons and armor should make him beat either of them very easily, honestly not that much different then Thanos giving them a beating.

Time will only tell but i am starting to become more and more pessimistic since i am getting let down so often.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like Maestro will hit people in the face. It may be some PR BS though.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1978 green_skaar  Online

@bezza: @kennethmaestro: @thedailybagel: @atheistknowledge: @green_skaar:

More information on the Contest of Champions and the Maestro's role/involvement in the series.

http://www.newsarama.com/25851-contest-of-champions-alters-the-marvel-universe-in-a-significant-way.html

Thanks, looks promising. Good to see Ares back, he should be WAY more powerful than typically shown.

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1979  Edited By Kennethmaestro
green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1980 green_skaar  Online
Thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kennethmaestro: @green_skaar: someone should ask if Al intends on amping ares. He tends to anwser fan questions all the time.

I would myself but I've kinda shot so many questions at him already and he's answered all of them so far.

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.