Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

How does everyone here feel about the beating Zeus gave the Hulk?

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By jayskee
    @MrFantastic said:
    "If anyone is gonna slap down the Hulk it should be Zeus. "

agreed
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By PowerHerc

I finally got the comic this happened in (Hulk # 622) and it was great.   

So the Hulk took a beating from the King of the Olympian Gods; so what?  There's no shame in that.  It's like the toughest kid in 2nd grade getting his butt kicked by a tough 4th grade kid; it's to be expected.   
    Zeus is at least a couple of levels above the Hulk in overall power (if not in baseline strength) so, naturally him beating the Hulk is what should happen.
    Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Manchine
    @Rainja said:
    "@ Manchine,  in a sense i totally agree with you but in my opinion i want to know that when it comes to physical confrontation, the hulk can at least stalemate these individuals, i mean he;s the Hulk after all he is supposed to that shit, but i accept that someone actually put down the Hulk. I havent seen Marvel fans pissed since Venom Stalemated Colossous,hahahahaha but it happened accept it. :P "

Personally I think these characters levels of toughness really outdo Hulks Strength.  Thanos (the weakest of those I mention) might not be able to go toe to toe with Hulk at his most powerfulest.
    D00MSMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By D00MSMITH

The world breaker, is barely as powerful as a herald of galactus........... Zeus is a god head 
    Hulk fans who are upset about hulk getting pawned are really retards.

vidarrodinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By vidarrodinson

I"m in agreement with everybody.  The Hulk was long overdue.  What really comes as a surprise is, its an established character, and not a new creation from some unknown dimension.  Hulkster, welcome to the Super-Heavyweight division.
    Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Susanoo
    @Manchine said:
    "@Rainja said:
    "@ Manchine,  in a sense i totally agree with you but in my opinion i want to know that when it comes to physical confrontation, the hulk can at least stalemate these individuals, i mean he;s the Hulk after all he is supposed to that shit, but i accept that someone actually put down the Hulk. I havent seen Marvel fans pissed since Venom Stalemated Colossous,hahahahaha but it happened accept it. :P "
    Personally I think these characters levels of toughness really outdo Hulks Strength.  Thanos (the weakest of those I mention) might not be able to go toe to toe with Hulk at his most powerfulest. "

Thanos is capable of battling and defeating champion with the power gem and Thor with the power gem. So he's far above world breaker Hulk.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Theworldbreaker

I'm perfectly fine with Zues beating Hulk down, he is a skyfather after all its to be expected but i was hoping Huljk would get a few more hits in then just 1 threw out the whole thing :/.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @D00MSMITH:
    How is that so? i hope you dont mena world breaker hulk is barely physicly as strong as a herald because thats cleary not the case. if a weakend banner Hulk can beat down Silver surfer (yes i know he was beign weakend, but i think the disc only stopped him from using anything outside his physical streangth becuase he's not all about streangth, Hulk is though so thats why he weakend in that department) yes yes i know surfer got up not long after that but the dude also has insane durrbility which by showings is greater than his physical streangth. I think hulk even caused a little bit of blood on surfer, not to mention sentry both caught and snapped terrax's axe with no effort at all (and casualy asked him to leave hte planet, andh e obeyed) and terrax is usualy almost as strong as surfer and we remember the sentry vs WWH fight, snapping his axe is probrobly more impressive then actauly stopping it if its like Cable breaking SS's surf board in which case you should be able to "break" the surfer.
    Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

SS kicked the crap out of Hulk loads of times.

RoninTheFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By RoninTheFury

As it has been stated, it would have been insane for Hulk to have gotten the better of Zeus even in a pure hand to hand battle. That said, i was a little disappointed that Hulk didn't do better in that fight. but what bothered me more was that Zeus didn't even show any compassion for those that the Hulk was fighting and suffering for, or help them in any way. That bugged me more than anything else. 

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By seekquaze
    @RoninTheFury: 
    I think Hulk doing better in the fight would undermine everything Pak was trying to do with it.  

As for Zeus feeling sorry for the hulk...this is Zeus.  He is known to be self-centered with a mass superiority complex even on his best of days.  There are some stories about his compassion for other beings, but he is also known for unquestionable seeing mortals as beneath him and demands respect.  And look what the mortal Hulk did before the fight.  He breaks into Zeus's house uninvited and starts making demands of the gods with a major attitude.  The former is an insult and the latter speaks of hubris and is regarded as a major insult to the Olympians.  Zeus also points out how Hulk (granted the mindless version) turned his back on Zeus in the past.  For his part Zeus has a reputation to maintain.  He can't remain king of the gods if he allows insults like this to happen especially in his own house.  What would the other Olympians say?  
    If he had sacrificed a bull or come a bit more humbly Zeus might have listened.  Instead he picked a fight with Zeus and sucker punched him.  If for nothing else the way Hulk constanlty insulted Zeus the Hulk had at least part of this coming.  Personally, I think Hulk knew this and part of him wanted to be beat up as punishment for something.  Still doesn't mean he threw the fight.  
    Grimnir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Grimnir

terrible story from a terrible writer

darth_fletcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By darth_fletcher
    @TheGoldenOne said:
    " Lol. I like Hulk but he really did deserve the trashing Zeus gave him. Jumping around Olympus like he was the strongest being in the universe. He spent the whole of World War Hulk beating some of Marvel's strongest, so it's good to see someone kick his butt. "
    what he said !!!
    Glamazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By Glamazon

I loved it, I'm not much of a Hulk fan so it was nice seeing him get pummeled by Zeus.
    Avatar image for mjolnirfromasgard
    mjolnirfromasgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seekquaze: 

I'm happy the hulk got the beating of his life...he deserved it....how in the blue hell can any hero have no flipping weaknesses?.....how absurd how stupid.  Zeus knocked him into next week and I LOVED IT. The overpowered hulk finally faced someone who didn’t give a monkeys about holding back. The likes of THOR and the SILVER SURFER constantly think about banner the man inside. 
    I’m glad Zeus had such thought. 

Mr. pak should receive some comic industry award for having the testicular fortitude to put out a comic like this after all ( he is a HULK fan) the man showed a big pair and for  that deserves an industry award for this now collectors item. 

All hail Mr. Pac 
     all hail ZEUS 

.......FOR ODIN AND FOR ASGARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

shimel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By shimel

All of the following sets aside the concept of upsets (without which, comics would have died long ago).  That is to say that the comments are based on 'who SHOULD win' a fight, based on their relative "rankings" in the Marvel Universe (at least from my POV).

Here's the thing...it really didn't seem to me like the Hulk was mad at all.  Maybe mildly agitated.  It almost seemed like he wasn't fighting back/was fine with Zeus pummeling him.  I think it'd be a completely different fight if the Hulk was enraged.  The eventual outcome would be the same (Hulk should NOT be able to beat a Skyfather), but I don't think it would be done with brute strength (I'm not sure Zeus could amp himself enough to beat a fully enraged Hulk), and it would probably take just about everything Zeus had to put him down (not counting bs moves like teleporting Hulk off into a sun or something).

I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge is far from comprehensive, but my understanding of the Marvel pecking order goes something like this (order from most to least powerful):

-OAA
    -Living Tribunal
    -Cosmic Entities (eg - Eternity, Death, Galactus, Celestials, etc)
    -Sky fathers (should be grouped as the most powerful of the god section, but I'm splitting it for the purposes of this discussion)
    -Gods/top supers (human or otherwise)
    -Superhumans and other species
    - Reggos
    - Who cares

Additionally, Wild cards can end up in any section (eg - Phoenix, Franklin Richards, someone weilding the IG etc).

As I see it, regular current Hulk sits somewhere in the God/super level, probably around the top (meaning him vs others around the top are a fair fight).  Enraged Hulk should sit atop that section (money on him to beat any of the non-skyfather gods or other top supers), and he should be able to at least make the Skyfathers sweat the fight out.

Blob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Blob

I didn't like it. I don't think it should have been that big of a curbstomp at all.

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Hoboseid

@joshmightbe said:

Why are people upset that a skyfather beat him its not like he got taken down by some B rate loser, He got knocked out by a skyfather. The fact that he survived at all is an impressive feat
    Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

Should have shown the "Worldbreaker" Hulk instead of the "Fix us" Hulk against Zeus. In Incredible Hulk #634, it is shown that if the Worldbreaker were to not hold back, him battling the Red She Hulk literally blows up a planet. They disintegrate an amped Fin Fang Foom with their impact and the release of their gamma radiation alone. Zeus should have had trouble at first fighting the Hulk physically. Don't get me wrong,the outcome would still be the same, but Zeus should have won by other means besides punching the hulk until he bled out green blood.....

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#70  Edited By joshmightbe

@yumyumbubblegum: World Breaker wouldn't have ended any differently because Hulk fighting Zeus is like you or me trying to fist fight a hurricane. Hulk would have to be as pissed as he could possibly be and remain so for a thousand years to build up the ammount of strength required to make this a fair fight, let alone actually win

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@joshmightbe: I wouldn't say Hulk would win (far from it), but because Zeus agreed to a fist fight, Worldbreaker would have done more damage compared to a whimpering Banner Hulk.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#72  Edited By SC  Moderator

I was really upset and cried for days. Hulk really got owned bad. I felt like Marvel took away my manhood. All those times I said Hulk was strongest... I was just lying to myself... to hide my insecurities as a man. Now I only read DC comics, about Superman. I am also now a women. Thats how I feel about the whipping Hulk got. 

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @SC said:
    I was really upset and cried for days. Hulk really got owned bad. I felt like Marvel took away my manhood. All those times I said Hulk was strongest... I was just lying to myself... to hide my insecurities as a man. Now I only read DC comics, about Superman. I am also now a women. Thats how I feel about the whipping Hulk got. 
    Wait... you were so upset you split into several women? :P
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#74  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @TheCrowbar:  Yes, like Jamie Madrox, except, more like Jaymina Madelinox. 
    Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Flopsop200

The fight made sense. They both have access to unlimited amounts of power. Hulk can only use his for strength. Zeus can use his for pretty much anything. Now Hulk is very powerful and can BECOME even more powerful but it isn't always instantaneous. Zeus on the other hand has no such limitations. If he wants to he can and did become more powerful than the Hulk physically. Hulk could get to that level, just not as fast.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
    Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Blacklightning13

Zeus deserved it. BTW i mean like he should win it because he is much stronger then the hulk. With the chain to the rock thing the reason he couldn't heal is because his flesh couldn't heal together because there was a well... rock in the way.

SurelockeHomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SurelockeHomes

I'd say something about it, but I think all(or at least most) of what needed to be said was said about 8 months ago.

ProfessorQQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ProfessorQQ

I agree with everyone who said Zeus should win but it would have been a better comic if the fight lasted a little bit longer and the Hulk got in a few more shots.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By gravitypress

In Marvel as in life no matter how strong you are there is always someone stronger.

Blob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Blob

I hated it. It's not right to make one of your most popular and most powerful heroes look so pathetic like that. They should have at least given him some good effective hits.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Blob said:

I hated it. It's not right to make one of your most popular and most powerful heroes look so pathetic like that. They should have at least given him some good effective hits.

Why? There needs to be clear boundaries on Hulk's abilities and combat prowess. He was behaving like an ignorant child, and Zeus treated him as such.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Manchine

Zues giving Hulk a Beating is how it should be. Zues is that far above him.

Blob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Blob

@Illuminatus: @Manchine: Maybe it's just the major Hulk fanboy in me talking but the character that is supposed to be one of if not your strongest hero and see him get beat down like that is not like the Hulk at all. It's like if they took Batman and made him look mentally dumb.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By thanobomb1124
    @Illuminatus

@Blob said:

Why? There needs to be clear boundaries on Hulk's abilities and combat prowess. He was behaving like an ignorant child, and Zeus treated him as such.

Ouch
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Blob said:

@Illuminatus: @Manchine: Maybe it's just the major Hulk fanboy in me talking but the character that is supposed to be one of if not your strongest hero and see him get beat down like that is not like the Hulk at all. It's like if they took Batman and made him look mentally dumb.

It's not like that at all. Batman has been outwitted by several different characters and Hulk is hardly has strong as people give him credit for.

Blob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Blob

@Illuminatus: I realize that but Batman has never been shown to be dumb to the point of him being pathetic where as Hulk's "fight" with Zeus made him look like a pathetic weakling.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Manchine

@Blob said:

Hulk is suppose to be the Strong HUMAN there is. There are people that are FAR stronger then him. Galactus for instance which Zues is just a step below Galactus in terms of power.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Blob said:

@Illuminatus: I realize that but Batman has never been shown to be dumb to the point of him being pathetic where as Hulk's "fight" with Zeus made him look like a pathetic weakling.

Um, how exactly? The fact that Hulk stood up to a sky-father speaks volumes about his courage, even if it is blind stupidity.

Blob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Blob

@Manchine: Even still Galactus is one of the biggest extremes you could go to out there. He is the freakin' eater of worlds! But I am happy because Hulk has survived a hit from Galactus before as well which shows that he may be even more durable then he is strong? Possibly.

Pyro_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Pyro_Jack

I was happy, otherwise he would be going to be extremely overpowered, just like Batman, who would probably have beaten Zeus somehow.

Blob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Blob

@Illuminatus said:

@Blob said:

Um, how exactly? The fact that Hulk stood up to a sky-father speaks volumes about his courage, even if it is blind stupidity.

I already knew about Hulk's courage before that happened and it made him look weak because he didn't even get 1 hit.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Blob said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Blob said:

I already knew about Hulk's courage before that happened and it made him look weak because he didn't even get 1 hit.

He got a few solid hits in and even threw Zeus off his game for a second. After that, Zeus was pissed and unleashed some pent up aggression on him.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Manchine

@Blob said:

@Manchine: Even still Galactus is one of the biggest extremes you could go to out there. He is the freakin' eater of worlds! But I am happy because Hulk has survived a hit from Galactus before as well which shows that he may be even more durable then he is strong? Possibly.

Hulk has survived a hit from Zues. These beings are above earthly characters and hulk is still an earthly character.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Manchine said:

@Blob said:

Hulk has survived a hit from Zues. These beings are above earthly characters and hulk is still an earthly character.

The Hulk fanboys should realize that Hulk surviving that encounter showcases his durability more than almost any other encounter Hulk has been involved in.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Manchine

@Illuminatus said:

@Manchine said:

@Blob said:

The Hulk fanboys should realize that Hulk surviving that encounter showcases his durability more than almost any other encounter Hulk has been involved in.

Lets put it this way also. If Superman took Hulks Spot. Same thing would happen. It has nothing to do with how powerful Hulk is. It's just how much power Zues has.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#96  Edited By joshmightbe

@Blob: I've been reading Hulk for nearly 26 years now and he's never once shown any indication that he could take a sky father, it's not like he jobbed to some loser it was the freaking king of Olympus, a guy who sucker punched Galactus and actually knocked him back, a guy who frightens actual demons. The fact that Hulk survived at all is a statement about his power.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Super_Gui_1

Sigh just get over it, it wasn't that bad it wasn't that great, one single fight doesn't determine a character true ability, just get over it. Also if I remember correctly he mostly wanted to save his family which is why he tried to ''sacrifice'' himself toward the end. Though vomiting blood was a bit pathetic but w/e.

Blob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Blob

@joshmightbe: I guess you are right.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#99  Edited By PowerHerc

It's been a year now since it happened. I still like it.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By laflux

@Blob: get over it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.