Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Favorite Hulk villain(s)?

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

The Hulk does have a weird but cool rogues gallery and I was wondering what are your favorite Hulk villains or just your favorite Hulk villain?

My favorite Hulk villains are: Devil Hulk (Not sure if he would count as an actual villain since the Devil Hulk is an evil and messed up personality of Bruce Banner/Hulk), Thunderbolt Ross/Red Hulk, The Leader, and Abomination.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Wendigo

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

rulk, the leader, and abomination

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually i would honestly say one of the weakest points about Hulk is his rogue gallery... most of the characters are uninteresting and quite weak. With that said i do love the Leader, U-Foes and my personal favorite Maestro.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hiro-Kala was good and they should have done more with him. Other than that Maestro and, as badly done as his introduction was, I did appreciate Rulk and what he represented.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wendigo, Maestro and Sandman.

He needs more villains who aren't just physically powerful in my opinion.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@atheistknowledge:

Don't forget Lord Armageddon, Hiro-Kala and Dark Sorceress Umar. Unfortunately, much like Maestro & the U-Foes, they haven't been utilized often. Which is a shame, 'cause they have tons of potential. Leader and Abomination are only great if they're used to their greatest potential and not very often.

I think one of the biggest problems with Hulk's Rogues Gallery is the fact that there isn't many that are interesting and diverse. Those that you and I listed are pretty much all the really great villains he has. Of course, the blame could be extended to writers who have no sense of creativity to introduce new, interesting, powerful foes and threats to challenge Banner/Hulk.

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

@greenscar1990: I understand where you're coming from.

Heck, some of the villains in his rogues gallery have so much potential to be great like Devil Hulk or the ones you've listed. Besides, if Grizzly could get a huge push from Nick Spencer in the newer Ant-Man comics with Scott Lang as the new Ant-Man, so can Hulk's other villains. That is, if they're done right.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Abomination, Leader and Maestro are his only real good villains. The U-Foes, Wendigo, Bi Beast and what he could've represented Red Hulk all have great potential and are just wasted away or underutilized.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Hiro kala has by far the most potential out of his entire rogues gallery and fits the bill for a perfect hulk villain in a large story arc (think Gorr the God butcher to thor, but better), I mean:

- hulk has feelings for him, given that it's his son and one of his biggest failures, period

- he's conflicted, and Isnt just straight up evil, he has a shot at redemption and genuinely believed that the oldpower was evil

- he's actually powerful and can give hulk a good fight, and could be even more powerful if he gets more of the new power

- he has a hulk form that is supposed to be able to destroy the universe, high stakes much?

- greg pak is writing hulk, and no one would write hiro better than him

He had so much damn potential, and still does. Id love to see him make a return.

My other favourite is maestro, but I don't really see him as a hulk villain so much as his own character nowadays.

toxin45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Mine are Leader,Abomionation,and Maestro.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.